Commit 18988b0a authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 23rd May 2012

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew.nicols@luns.net.uk>
parent 73a19ca0
This diff is collapsed.
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by elky at 07:37:42 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-05-23-07.37.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* anzeljg is Gregor An�elj, Gimnazija Be�igrad, Ljubljana, Slovenia
(anzeljg, 07:38:04)
* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, NZ (anitsirk, 07:38:15)
* sonn Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT, NZ (sonn1, 07:38:27)
* rkabalin_ Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin_,
07:38:27)
* elky is melissa draper, catalyst IT, NZ (elky, 07:38:31)
* dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols, Lancaster University, UK (dobedobedoh,
07:38:36)
* richardm Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT (richardm, 07:38:48)
* hughdavenport` is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, NZ (hughdavenport`,
07:38:49)
* alanmc is Alan McNatty, Catalyst IT, NZ (alanmc, 07:38:50)
* lamiette is Stacey Walker, Catalyst IT Europe (lamiette, 07:39:22)
* Items from last meeting: anitsirk to update the roadmap (elky,
07:39:58)
* the update of the roadmap files with links to the blueprints is done
(anitsirk, 07:40:29)
* LINK: Agenda:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-05-23
(elky, 07:40:50)
* Items from last meeting: dajan to raise appropriate issues in the
tracker (elky, 07:42:34)
* anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information
(possibly code too) (elky, 07:43:48)
* Mahara reviewer applications (elky, 07:45:15)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Alanmc (alanmc,
07:46:10)
* LINK:
http://meetbot.mylittleproject.co.uk/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-310
-< that's what we did last time (anitsirk, 07:46:51)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Alanmc (elky,
07:47:15)
* : alanmc reviewer application (anitsirk, 07:47:40)
* : sonn1 reviewer application (anitsirk, 07:47:52)
* : elky reviewer application (anitsirk, 07:48:00)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Ngson2000 (sonn1,
07:48:16)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Melissadraper (elky,
07:48:45)
* : dobedobedoh said last time "consensus decision rules, with those
at the meeting entitled to vote" (anitsirk, 07:51:14)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Code_Review
actually details the "Becoming a Reviewer" (anitsirk, 07:52:32)
* IDEA: from reviewer applicant alanmc for new mahara feature: review
theming/layout to work on wider arrange of devices (anitsirk,
08:03:14)
* IDEA: from reviewer applicatant sonn1 (and richardm) for new mahara
feature: support for translation of user content and homepage
content (anitsirk, 08:03:59)
* IDEA: from reviewer applicant elky for new mahara feature:
improvements to accessibility, e.g. vision-impaired friendly theming
and settings that help users adjust to their specific accomodations
(anitsirk, 08:04:34)
* Discuss/decide on style guidelines for CSS
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/1098/ Melissa/Hugh (elky, 08:12:27)
* LINK: http://csslint.net/ (anzeljg, 08:15:03)
* CSS has most often tabs and was replaced with spaces as per coding
guidelines. what shall be done about it in the future? (anitsirk,
08:15:31)
* IDEA: : run css through cssoptimiser (dobedobedoh) (anitsirk,
08:15:46)
* IDEA: : make a hook in jenkins (hughdavenport`) (anitsirk,
08:16:01)
* IDEA: make it part of skins (dobedobedoh) (elky, 08:17:35)
* IDEA: run an optimizer over what we have, then stick to ONE style
from here on out (hugh) (elky, 08:18:18)
* cssoptimiser is a minifier (elky, 08:19:16)
* lint/ tab-spacing is for readability (elky, 08:20:16)
* : minified JavaScript is already shipped for most third-party code
(anitsirk, 08:22:35)
* moodle has cssoptimisation at request time, and a cssrev for changes
(elky, 08:24:23)
* new in moodle 2.3, wont be on by default for a while (elky,
08:24:45)
* ACTION: will continue css discussion next meeting (elky, 08:28:27)
* License compatibility (anzeljg) (elky, 08:28:46)
* LINK:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Software_License_List
(anzeljg, 08:29:10)
* the gnu and fsf pages show a list of licenses, basically most
gpl-compatible are compatible with gpl3, except gpl2 iirc (elky,
08:32:46)
* ^ said hugh. (elky, 08:32:56)
* LINK:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses
was the link that fmarier had pointed us once in a pizza talk at
catalyst (anitsirk, 08:34:14)
* Tmirante had an item: Search 2.0 engine plugin possible time schedule
request (elky, 08:36:54)
* tmirante isn't available, will leave on agenda for next meeting.
(elky, 08:37:36)
* Next meeting and Chair (elky, 08:38:05)
* One month from now is weds 20th (elky, 08:38:34)
* 20th clashes with moodlemoot fr (elky, 08:40:11)
* Next meeting will be 27th june 2000 UTC (elky, 08:43:19)
* rkabalin_ to chair (elky, 08:47:42)
* Any Other Business? (elky, 08:48:40)
* richardm is leaving catalyst on june 30 :( (elky, 08:49:24)
* the next mahara newsletter will be published on 1 July 2012. please
submit your stories to newsletter@mahara.org (anitsirk, 08:58:32)
* IDEA: from the catalyst team: switch to a 6-monthly release cycle
with releases in April and October (anitsirk, 09:01:18)
* ACTION: elky to write up a post for the developer forum (elky,
09:01:47)
* : that release cycle proposal received positive nods from meeting
attendees (anitsirk, 09:03:42)
* Alanmc wants more interest in the mobile api stuff (elky, 09:07:22)
* ACTION: alanmc to write forum post about mobile api stuff (elky,
09:07:37)
* keen to find out from those hosting Mahara sites if the
authentication mechanism is understood and OK (elky, 09:08:18)
Meeting ended at 09:09:08 UTC.
Action Items
------------
* will continue css discussion next meeting
* elky to write up a post for the developer forum
* alanmc to write forum post about mobile api stuff
Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* alanmc
* alanmc to write forum post about mobile api stuff
* elky
* elky to write up a post for the developer forum
* **UNASSIGNED**
* will continue css discussion next meeting
People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* anitsirk (102)
* elky (93)
* dobedobedoh (51)
* anzeljg (48)
* alanmc (37)
* richardm (34)
* hughdavenport` (33)
* rkabalin_ (28)
* sonn1 (19)
* lamiette (8)
* maharameet (3)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Markdown is supported
0%
or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment