diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..ef1c1e670bc0853736f7a5dd4e970913f0a5caa4 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.html @@ -0,0 +1,237 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev Meeting + + + + +

#mahara-dev Meeting

+ +Meeting started by rkabalin_ at 19:34:11 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Meeting summary

+
    +
  1. Meeting Attendees (rkabalin_, 19:34:24) +
      +
    1. rkabalin is Ruslan Kabalin - LUNS Ltd, + UK (rkabalin_, + 19:34:35)
    2. +
    3. dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd, + UK (dobedobedoh, + 19:34:45)
    4. +
    5. : anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner of Catalyst IT, + Wellington, NZ (anitsirk, + 19:34:51)
    6. +
    7. fmarier_ is Francois Marier (fmarier_, + 19:34:53)
    8. +
    9. dan_p is Dan Poltawski - LUNS Ltd, UK + (dan_p, + 19:34:53)
    10. +
    11. richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst, + Wellington (richardm, + 19:34:58)
    12. +
    13. hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, + Wgtn (hughdavenport, + 19:34:59)
    14. +
    15. iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza - Mondragon + Unibertsitatea (iarenaza, + 19:35:15)
    16. +
    +
  2. +
  3. Items from previous meeting (rkabalin_, 19:36:40) +
      +
    1. fmarier_ to update the bug status page with new + "milestone" usage guidelines (rkabalin_, + 19:36:54)
    2. +
    3. thomaswbell88 to come up with ideas for + mahara.org badges and post on the wiki under Specifications in + Development (rkabalin_, + 19:37:42)
    4. +
    5. Anzelj Gregor, Slovenian langpack, plugin + developer (anzeljg, + 19:40:33)
    6. +
    7. LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara + integration project to run selenium tests (rkabalin_, + 19:41:15)
    8. +
    9. ACTION: dan_p LUNS + to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run + selenium tests (rkabalin_, + 19:43:33)
    10. +
    +
  4. +
  5. Mahara Newsletter October 2011 [Kristina] (rkabalin_, 19:45:40) +
      +
    1. : next MAhara newsletter will come out October + 1, 2011 and everybody is invited to submit stories. (anitsirk, + 19:46:52)
    2. +
    +
  6. +
  7. Bug status fields [Francois and Ruslan] (rkabalin_, 19:51:15) +
      +
    1. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Bug_Status + (rkabalin_, + 19:52:18)
    2. +
    +
  8. +
  9. Bug status fields [Francois and Ruslan] (part 2) (rkabalin_, 19:56:48) +
      +
    1. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Bug_Status + (fmarier_, + 19:58:07)
    2. +
    +
  10. +
  11. Next meeting (rkabalin_, 20:24:26) +
      +
    1. next meeting Oct 5th 7:30 UTC (rkabalin_, + 20:28:36)
    2. +
    3. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111005T0730 + (fmarier_, + 20:29:13)
    4. +
    +
  12. +
  13. Any other business (rkabalin_, 20:30:15) +
      +
    1. dobedobedoh updated the patches from + mjollnir` (rkabalin_, + 20:33:40)
    2. +
    3. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Talk:Developer_Area/Unit_Testing + (rkabalin_, + 20:33:51)
    4. +
    5. http://mahara.ledina.org/DEV/ + (anzeljg, + 20:45:14)
    6. +
    7. anzeljg's survey artefact - for creating/using + custom surveys/questionnaires are available for testing (rkabalin_, + 20:46:37)
    8. +
    9. http://www.pchart.net/ (anzeljg, + 20:48:37)
    10. +
    +
  14. +
+

+ + + + +Meeting ended at 21:10:41 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Action items

+
    +
  1. dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run selenium tests
  2. +
+

+ + + +

Action items, by person

+
    +
  1. dan_p
      +
    1. dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run selenium tests
    2. +
  2. +
+

+ + + +

People present (lines said)

+
    +
  1. rkabalin_ (85)
  2. +
  3. fmarier_ (80)
  4. +
  5. dobedobedoh (75)
  6. +
  7. anzeljg (64)
  8. +
  9. richardm (28)
  10. +
  11. anitsirk (22)
  12. +
  13. iarenaza (11)
  14. +
  15. bugg_home (10)
  16. +
  17. hughdavenport (7)
  18. +
  19. dan_p (5)
  20. +
  21. maharameet (4)
  22. +
+

+ + + +Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4. + diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.log.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.log.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..0ea2bea6f78c9f3dc990f43aeaad9e5b271edeef --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.log.html @@ -0,0 +1,418 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev log + + + + +
19:34:11 <rkabalin_> #startmeeting
+19:34:11 <maharameet> Meeting started Tue Sep  6 19:34:11 2011 UTC.  The chair is rkabalin_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
+19:34:11 <maharameet> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
+19:34:13 <hughdavenport> hi there
+19:34:24 <rkabalin_> #topic Meeting Attendees
+19:34:35 <rkabalin_> #info rkabalin is Ruslan Kabalin - LUNS Ltd, UK
+19:34:45 <dobedobedoh> #info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd, UK
+19:34:51 <anitsirk> #info: anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner of Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ
+19:34:53 <fmarier_> #info fmarier_ is Francois Marier
+19:34:53 <dan_p> #info dan_p is Dan Poltawski - LUNS Ltd, UK
+19:34:58 <richardm> #info richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst, Wellington
+19:34:59 <hughdavenport> #info hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wgtn
+19:35:15 <iarenaza> #info iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza - Mondragon Unibertsitatea
+19:36:00 <rkabalin_> I guess that is everyone
+19:36:07 <rkabalin_> please say ".." on a line by itself if you are typing a long multi-line piece to indicate you've finished
+19:36:14 <rkabalin_> ..
+19:36:33 <rkabalin_> ok
+19:36:40 <rkabalin_> #topic Items from previous meeting
+19:36:54 <rkabalin_> #info fmarier_ to update the bug status page with new "milestone" usage guidelines
+19:37:18 <fmarier_> rkabalin_: i've put it on the agenda already :)
+19:37:18 <rkabalin_> this is related to today's topic in fact
+19:37:25 <fmarier_> but it's done
+19:37:42 <rkabalin_> #info thomaswbell88 to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges and post on the wiki under Specifications in Development
+19:37:56 <rkabalin_> thomaswbell88 is not here, but I think he has done that
+19:38:26 <dan_p> We said need more detail last time I think?
+19:38:45 <rkabalin_> ah, it was discussed last time as well
+19:39:04 <fmarier_> actually Don Presant(?) has talked about that on the forums
+19:39:28 <fmarier_> I have a meeting with him and the person driving this at Mozilla on Friday
+19:39:43 <rkabalin_> that is a bit different
+19:39:47 <fmarier_> so we'll hopefully be able to report a bit more on the forum
+19:39:49 <rkabalin_> but relevant
+19:40:07 <anzeljg> hi
+19:40:12 * fmarier_ waves at anzeljg
+19:40:15 <rkabalin_> ok, I will not be creating another action for this then
+19:40:32 <anitsirk> hello anzeljg and bugg_home
+19:40:33 <anzeljg> #info Anzelj Gregor, Slovenian langpack, plugin developer
+19:40:33 <rkabalin_> hello bugg_home and anzeljg
+19:40:41 <fmarier_> hi bugg_home
+19:40:51 <bugg_home> morning folks
+19:40:59 <rkabalin_> next item
+19:41:04 <bugg_home> I forgot about this channel, it's been too long >.<
+19:41:15 <rkabalin_> #info LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run selenium tests
+19:42:40 <dobedobedoh> dan_p was going to look at this one IIRC ?
+19:42:49 <dan_p> That was mine really and I'm afraid haven't done it
+19:43:20 <rkabalin_> ok, then I postpone it to the next meeting
+19:43:33 <rkabalin_> #action dan_p  LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run selenium tests
+19:44:07 <rkabalin_> #topic Mahara Newsletter October 2011 [Kristina]
+19:44:09 <fmarier_> it's also on the wiki here: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Current_Tasks
+19:44:31 <fmarier_> (not sure it needs to stick around in the action for every meeting)
+19:44:43 <rkabalin_> #undo
+19:44:43 <maharameet> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Topic object at 0x97f9fac>
+19:45:06 <rkabalin_> ah, that the wrong one ))
+19:45:10 <fmarier_> :)
+19:45:17 <dobedobedoh> You can only undo one IIRC
+19:45:23 <dan_p> Redo?
+19:45:30 <dobedobedoh> no redo... have to copy/paste ;)
+19:45:35 <rkabalin_> fmarier_: agree, but leave it for now
+19:45:40 <rkabalin_> #topic Mahara Newsletter October 2011 [Kristina]
+19:45:56 <anitsirk> oops. already?
+19:46:00 <anitsirk> OK. just a sec.
+19:46:16 <anitsirk> I would like to remind everybody that the next issue of the Mahara
+19:46:16 <anitsirk> Newsletter will come out on October 1, 2011. If you have anything that
+19:46:17 <rkabalin_> yep, it has been moved forward ))
+19:46:17 <anitsirk> you would like to mention in it, please send an email to
+19:46:17 <anitsirk> newsletter@mahara.org so that I am notified. Possible topics are:
+19:46:17 <anitsirk> developments you are working on, plugins you have created, conference
+19:46:17 <anitsirk> recap, events you have planned within the next 3 months, implementation
+19:46:18 <anitsirk> of Mahara in various contexts etc. Spread the word about what you are
+19:46:18 <anitsirk> doing with Mahara.
+19:46:18 <anitsirk> ..
+19:46:52 <anitsirk> #info: next MAhara newsletter will come out October 1, 2011 and everybody is invited to submit stories.
+19:47:23 <rkabalin_> great
+19:47:30 <iarenaza> anitsirk: would the move of translations to Launchpad qualify?
+19:47:35 <anitsirk> that's all i wanted to say
+19:47:40 <anitsirk> iarenaza: yes. definitely!
+19:47:46 <fmarier_> iarenaza: that's a good idea
+19:47:57 <fmarier_> would be nice to have it written from the perspective of a translator
+19:48:11 <anitsirk> that's a major change and will hopefully allow others to get involved
+19:48:19 <fmarier_> because ultimately translations being easier for translators is all that matters
+19:48:38 <iarenaza> I'll try to write up something (and see if I can get some help from other members of the Spanish translation group)
+19:48:42 <fmarier_> (i.e. it shouldn't be just to "make things easy for developers")
+19:48:58 <dobedobedoh> It'd be good to put a link to the current up-to-date translations too
+19:49:11 <anitsirk> that sounds great, iarenaza, and yes, dobedobedoh
+19:49:16 <dobedobedoh> mainly for selfish reasons - I doubt many people expect a UK translation exists ;)
+19:49:41 <iarenaza> dobedobedoh: you mean a "proper English" translation? :-)
+19:49:53 <dobedobedoh> I mean UK english as opposed to Kiwi
+19:50:05 <rkabalin_> I personnaly found this launchpad transation interface difficult...
+19:50:14 <dobedobedoh> Me too - it's really convoluted
+19:50:25 <dobedobedoh> but that's not a dicussion for the newsletter topic I guess
+19:50:41 <rkabalin_> on, next topic
+19:50:47 <anitsirk> i found it good for easy translations, but as soon as ou have to look into the code to actually find out if there is a different meaning, then it gets tricky for non-techies.
+19:51:03 <anitsirk> yep, correct. thanks for keeping us focused, rkabalin
+19:51:15 <rkabalin_> #topic Bug status fields [Francois and Ruslan]
+19:51:58 <fmarier_> actually, before we move on, this is the page for checking how up to date all of the translations are: https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang
+19:52:18 <rkabalin_> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Bug_Status
+19:52:20 <richardm> except for the ones that aren't there yet :)
+19:52:46 <dobedobedoh> Is langpacks.mahara.org still relevant then?
+19:53:07 <fmarier_> dobedobedoh: yes, but that doesn't tell you the % translated
+19:53:09 <richardm> langpacks.mahara.org is the place to get a langpack that can be installed into mahara
+19:53:11 <rkabalin_> Shall we move langpack discussion to separate topic today?
+19:53:34 <rkabalin_> otherwice it becomes messy ))
+19:53:41 <dan_p> rkabalin_: Yeah, aob
+19:53:44 <anzeljg> on launchpad you can only download langpack in .po or.mo format. Or am I wrong?
+19:53:52 <fmarier_> anzeljg: correct
+19:53:54 <richardm> anzeljg: yes
+19:54:04 <dobedobedoh> the % translated isn't really accurate... I've only done <.5% of UK english because the rest is fine inheritted
+19:54:19 <dobedobedoh> Which looks bad for anyone wanting to download it as they think it's not done
+19:54:38 <fmarier_> dobedobedoh: right, i guess that one is a special case
+19:54:54 <dobedobedoh> Same probably goes for US english, but yeah - they are special cases
+19:55:05 <bugg_home> should we be moving on?
+19:55:10 <fmarier_> you could just repeat the en_NZ strings though
+19:55:29 <fmarier_> if they are the same, there's no harm in doing it and it shows you have thought about it
+19:56:03 <dobedobedoh> We should probably come back to this later
+19:56:14 <dobedobedoh> If we're doing a separate topic on it ;)
+19:56:48 <rkabalin_> #topic Bug status fields [Francois and Ruslan] (part 2)
+19:57:40 <fmarier_> so rkabalin_ and I have been revising the wiki page for bug statuses
+19:57:59 <fmarier_> and we just wanted to draw attention to the use of milestones
+19:58:07 <fmarier_> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Bug_Status
+19:58:33 <fmarier_> the most important one is to set a milestone on the bugs that you mark as "fix committed"
+19:58:51 <fmarier_> that milestone should be the first release that the bugfix will be in
+19:59:03 <fmarier_> e.g. 1.5.0 for things merged onto master
+19:59:09 <fmarier_> 1.4.1 for things merged onto 1.4_STABLE
+19:59:33 <fmarier_> if you leave the milestone out, then the bug is essentially lost and stuck in the "fix committed" state forever
+19:59:47 <dobedobedoh> Is it okay to 'request' a milestone before the fix is committed (where committed == merged and not just pushed to gerritt)
+19:59:50 <fmarier_> because it doesn't show up on the list of things we need to switch to "fix released" when the release goes out
+20:00:12 <fmarier_> dobedobedoh: yeah that's fine. once you've started working on it, it's fair game to put a milestone on it
+20:00:36 <rkabalin_> basically, when a bug is in the "fix committed" state, THE MILESTONE IS A MUST
+20:00:39 <fmarier_> also if you really want to do something for 1.5, then you can mark it as such
+20:00:58 <dobedobedoh> Shame there's no way of enforcing it in launchpad - worth submitting a feature request to them?
+20:01:10 <rkabalin_> otherwise, we will loose the change in the release
+20:01:54 <fmarier_> dobedobedoh: either that or an easy way to search for: "fix committed" & "no milestone"
+20:02:06 * hughdavenport likes how there is no way to use lp's search to see what is commited with no milestone :P
+20:02:14 <fmarier_> at the moment, all you can do is search for "fix committed" and go through all of the bugs one by one
+20:02:29 <dobedobedoh> ouch
+20:02:35 <fmarier_> (which I have done, so we're all good now)
+20:02:52 <fmarier_> I've found a few that went into 1.4.0 though :)
+20:03:08 <richardm> well, we shouldn't lose the changes exactly, if we look through the git log to write release notes
+20:04:06 <fmarier_> the changes aren't lost, but the bug reports themselves are lost in the sense that they stick around in the open state for a long time after they've been resolved
+20:04:20 <rkabalin_> yep
+20:04:34 <fmarier_> anyways, that's all I wanted to bring up. have a look at the wiki page and hopefully it makes more sense now
+20:04:47 <fmarier_> thanks to rkabalin_ for reviewing it and rewriting large chunks of it with me
+20:05:00 <fmarier_> rkabalin_: did you have anything else to add?
+20:05:15 <rkabalin_> not really
+20:06:07 <rkabalin_> we are pretty efficient today
+20:06:14 <rkabalin_> ))
+20:06:34 <rkabalin_> shall we discuss langpacks as a separate topic?
+20:06:50 <anzeljg> and I also have two things...
+20:06:55 * dobedobedoh hasn't got much more to add on the langpacks issue
+20:07:02 <rkabalin_> or there is not much to add
+20:07:03 <fmarier_> does anybody have anything to add to the langpack discussion? (I don't)
+20:07:18 <iarenaza> fmarierjust a question
+20:07:19 <dobedobedoh> I also have an update on the phpunit status
+20:07:37 <fmarier_> iarenaza: sure, go ahead
+20:07:38 <iarenaza> are help files available at launchpad for translation?
+20:07:43 <anzeljg> yes
+20:07:58 <fmarier_> i think richardm put them in a string each, right?
+20:08:14 <fmarier_> (one string per help file)
+20:08:14 <rkabalin_> # lanpacks (unplanned topic)
+20:08:23 <rkabalin_> #topic lanpacks (unplanned topic)
+20:08:52 <richardm> iarenaza: Yes, the help files are in the launchpad translations
+20:09:01 <bugg_home> rkabalin_, you mean langpacks? ;)
+20:09:04 <iarenaza> ok, thanks :)
+20:09:13 <rkabalin_> #undo
+20:09:13 <maharameet> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Topic object at 0x96f7eac>
+20:09:21 <rkabalin_> #topic langpacks (unplanned topic)
+20:09:27 <rkabalin_> thanks bugg_home
+20:09:30 <dobedobedoh> hehe :)
+20:09:30 <bugg_home> np
+20:09:36 <fmarier_> richardm: each help file is one big blob of HTML?
+20:09:45 <richardm> Yes
+20:09:48 <dobedobedoh> it's a little unpleasant to edit
+20:10:18 <richardm> Well, you can download a .po file, edti that & upload it to launchpad again
+20:10:40 <rkabalin_> what I would like to ask is how permissions work, it looks like I ma not able to upload .po if I am not an admin
+20:10:43 <fmarier_> which i think is what mits is doing
+20:11:14 <anzeljg> richardm: in light of translations, what is the status of PluralForms?
+20:11:20 <richardm> I'm not sure exactly how the permissions work, but if mits is doing it it means people in the appropriate translation groups have permission
+20:11:33 <richardm> translation teams i mean
+20:11:49 <rkabalin_> that might work for the files that were downloaded from launchpad
+20:11:55 <richardm> anzeljg: The status is I haven't started it yet I'm afraid
+20:12:07 <anzeljg> ok, leave it for now...
+20:12:10 <richardm> I need to hack something into the scripts that create langpacks from .po files
+20:12:59 <fmarier_> (for the benefit of those who don't know what PluralForms are about, in sl, words have different endings depending on how many things there are: 1, 2, 3, etc.)
+20:13:22 <fmarier_> so it's not just singular v. plural, it's like singular, plural2, plural3, or something like that
+20:13:30 <anzeljg> singular
+20:13:42 <anzeljg> plural for 2, 102, etc. things
+20:13:56 <anzeljg> plural for 3, 4, 103, 104, etc. things
+20:14:06 <anzeljg> and finally plural for 0, 5, 6, ... things
+20:14:21 <anzeljg> ;)
+20:14:25 <fmarier_> rkabalin_: does russian have the same problem?
+20:14:31 <rkabalin_> yep
+20:14:34 <richardm> rkabalin_: you can't even upload .po files as a member of ~mahara-lang?
+20:14:42 <rkabalin_> there are "many" plural forms ))
+20:14:56 <anzeljg> and czech, slovak, croatian, polish, serbian, arabic,...
+20:15:22 <fmarier_> rkabalin_: so you'll be interested in whatever solution we come up with, i guess :)
+20:16:43 <rkabalin_> richardm: I think I am able to upload only that .po which I initailly downloaded from launchpad, so it has some headers. If I use the conversion script to porduce .po from mahara lang dir, this fill will not be accepted
+20:16:50 <rkabalin_> s/fill/file
+20:17:28 <rkabalin_> anyway, that is not a problem any more
+20:17:54 <richardm> Yes, it does seem you have to get the headers right for launchpad
+20:17:55 <rkabalin_> since the package is converted already
+20:18:21 <rkabalin_> but, might be an issue for someone
+20:18:58 <richardm> I got them wrong a few times and ended up being the author of the Maori translation inlaunchpad. embarrassing.
+20:19:13 <rkabalin_> ok, shall we move on then
+20:19:40 <fmarier_> richardm: i was thinking about that the other day. could you not change the translation and then resubmit another one with Ian's name?
+20:19:51 <fmarier_> (if you wanted to restore the right authorship info)
+20:20:03 <richardm> fmarier_: it doesn't work, once the strings are in
+20:20:28 <fmarier_> but if you modify a string, surely it must change the author?
+20:20:36 <richardm> My problem was I initially submitted them with the wrong 'context' and when i corrected that i mistakenly left the author off
+20:20:48 <rkabalin_> but if you remove the langpack completely and create it again?
+20:21:06 <richardm> rkabalin_: i didn't try that
+20:21:15 <fmarier_> rkabalin_: that wouldn't work because launchpad keeps all the translations to share them with other projects I think
+20:21:22 <richardm> fmarier_: and yes that would work provided you changed all the strings
+20:21:41 <richardm> i'll try it
+20:21:42 <fmarier_> but what i was thinking was this: prepend all of the strings with a period and upload under your name
+20:21:50 <fmarier_> then remove the period and reupload under Ian's name
+20:21:51 <richardm> yeah i bet that would work
+20:23:36 <richardm> ..
+20:24:26 <rkabalin_> #topic Next meeting
+20:25:31 <rkabalin_> I propose Oct 5th 7:30 UTC
+20:26:23 <anitsirk> works for me
+20:26:30 <dobedobedoh> wfm
+20:26:41 <fmarier_> wfm2
+20:26:43 <bugg_home> hah
+20:26:48 <anzeljg> i'll try to attend
+20:26:54 <bugg_home> that's my birthday xP
+20:26:59 <hughdavenport> sounds good
+20:27:06 <iarenaza> wfm3
+20:27:08 <anzeljg> happy birthday in advance  ;)
+20:27:10 <hughdavenport> happy bday for a month bugg_home
+20:27:24 <bugg_home> hughdavenport, you'll probably be there :P
+20:27:48 <bugg_home> that's 19:30 our time eh?
+20:27:50 <fmarier_> bugg_home: only if he cares about you more than Mahara :P
+20:27:55 <rkabalin_> yep
+20:28:27 <hughdavenport> hmm, that is a toss up :P
+20:28:30 <bugg_home> fmarier_, if I do anything you might be invited too ;P
+20:28:36 <rkabalin_> #info next meeting Oct 5th 7:30 UTC
+20:29:13 <fmarier_> #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111005T0730
+20:29:22 <fmarier_> that's actually 20:30 NZ time btw
+20:29:28 <fmarier_> looks like daylight saving is kicking in
+20:29:33 <rkabalin_> thanks fmarier_
+20:29:48 <fmarier_> 08:30 London time
+20:30:02 <rkabalin_> can't easily find that page to generate new
+20:30:04 <dobedobedoh> line in!
+20:30:07 <dobedobedoh> lie in*
+20:30:15 <rkabalin_> #topic Any other business
+20:30:25 <dobedobedoh> Can I just give a quick update on unit testing ?
+20:30:30 <rkabalin_> yep
+20:30:30 <fmarier_> rkabalin_: from the homepage: Time Zone Calculators | Event Time Announcer
+20:30:40 <anzeljg> as I said before, I got two things
+20:30:44 <rkabalin_> fmarier_: thanks
+20:30:59 <fmarier_> i was just going to say, let's not forget anzeljg's items :)
+20:31:18 <anitsirk> sorry guys. gotta go to another meeting. have a great day / evening.
+20:31:25 <anzeljg> bye
+20:31:36 <rkabalin_> bye
+20:31:40 <hughdavenport> that will be me off as well, will read later
+20:31:47 <iarenaza> byt hughdavenport
+20:31:48 <anzeljg> dobedobedoh: you can go first ;)
+20:31:57 <dobedobedoh> heh tah
+20:32:22 <dobedobedoh> Basically, I've updated the patches from mjollnir`
+20:32:25 <dobedobedoh> They're in gerrit
+20:32:45 <dobedobedoh> There are about 6 commits with a total of 5 bugs in launchpad - you may have seem them yesterday/today
+20:33:09 <fmarier_> i saw the bugs, haven't had time to look at the code yet
+20:33:10 <dobedobedoh> I've also updated the wiki with some thoughts on the jenkins side: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Talk:Developer_Area/Unit_Testing
+20:33:40 <rkabalin_> #info dobedobedoh  updated the patches from mjollnir`
+20:33:41 <dobedobedoh> It mostly works so far :)
+20:33:51 <rkabalin_> #link  https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Talk:Developer_Area/Unit_Testing
+20:34:07 <fmarier_> having a CLI installer would be wonderful
+20:34:11 <dobedobedoh> I've hit a few bugs when things get in a slightly upset state - they're mentioned above
+20:34:15 <fmarier_> especially for the packages
+20:34:16 <dobedobedoh> I've done a proof of concept
+20:34:29 <dobedobedoh> it's really easy now thanks to mjollnir`'s work
+20:34:35 <dobedobedoh> and a CLI upgrader would also be ace
+20:34:53 <dobedobedoh> The patches are all tagged phpunit: https://reviews.mahara.org/#q,status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:phpunit,n,z
+20:34:57 <dobedobedoh> ..
+20:35:21 <fmarier_> big thanks to dobedobedoh for picking that up!
+20:35:43 <fmarier_> and for Mjollnir` of course for writing the original :)
+20:35:58 <rkabalin_> thanks dobedobedoh, that is a great job
+20:36:46 <richardm> yeah, looks great dobedobedoh, so all the patches are done?
+20:36:48 <richardm> :)
+20:36:52 <dobedobedoh> RI think so
+20:37:10 <dobedobedoh> Or tahret, I thought so... I just came across some kind of bug which I've been looking at for the past few minutes
+20:37:14 * dobedobedoh is multitasking
+20:37:48 <dobedobedoh> But yes, it's more or less done with those caveats
+20:37:59 <dobedobedoh> I'll submit an update to the final patch later this week
+20:38:13 <dobedobedoh> There's something wrong with the view tests... they were all working, but I've somehow broken them
+20:38:31 <dobedobedoh> I think I know what I did though
+20:38:32 <dobedobedoh> ..
+20:39:33 <dobedobedoh> That's me done though :)
+20:39:36 <rkabalin_> we should probably go towards using unit testing more actively
+20:40:03 <fmarier_> having unit tests would be really good
+20:40:47 <richardm> dobedobedoh: once the patches are merged, can you add some stuff to the page about how to run them?
+20:41:03 <dobedobedoh> heh - I've just found my bug. Accidentally removed the tear down in my last tidy up before usbmitting :|
+20:41:17 <dobedobedoh> Sure - There's a basic readme, so I'll add some notes from there
+20:41:29 <dobedobedoh> There's also another page on the wiki https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Unit_Testing
+20:41:35 <dobedobedoh> That has some notes on how to run them
+20:41:36 <rkabalin_> we might discuss it in details in the future and even introduce some policy
+20:41:36 <dobedobedoh> ..
+20:41:45 <richardm> ah ok cool :)
+20:42:30 <rkabalin_> any other things to discuss?
+20:42:55 <iarenaza> anzeljg had a couple of things
+20:43:40 <anzeljg> Are you waiting for me? Can I go?
+20:44:01 <dobedobedoh> I'm done so feel free to move on
+20:44:04 <anzeljg> Before I begin - when I was back to school, I got "Mahara 1.4 release crew" mug, and I would like to thank a person, who sent it to me...
+20:44:23 <rkabalin_> ok, I finish it then
+20:44:40 <anzeljg> First thing: survey artefact -  for creating/using custom surveys/questionnaires
+20:44:54 * rkabalin_ ignore my last line
+20:45:02 <anzeljg> I've almost done it, you can see/try it at:
+20:45:14 <anzeljg> #link http://mahara.ledina.org/DEV/
+20:45:22 <anzeljg> user: test, pass: test140test
+20:46:00 <anzeljg> basically a user chooses survey and other users(tipically tutors), who will gain the access to his/her results
+20:46:24 * dobedobedoh sees samwisemoss's influence in there
+20:46:31 <anzeljg> user than answers to all the questions and gets back the results, graph, etc.
+20:46:37 <rkabalin_> #info anzeljg's survey artefact -  for creating/using custom surveys/questionnaires are available for testing
+20:47:11 <anzeljg> the results can be embeded to view/page with appropriate blocktype
+20:47:20 <rkabalin_> that is cool
+20:47:46 <anzeljg> there is also a possibility to (currently) export results from other users (that one got the acces to) to CSV file
+20:48:05 <anzeljg> in the future I also wanted to add an online report kind of thing...
+20:48:18 <dobedobedoh> That looks very cool. LEAP2A would also be cool there
+20:48:20 <dobedobedoh> but very mahara specific
+20:48:26 <anzeljg> for the graphs I've user pChart 2
+20:48:37 <anzeljg> #link http://www.pchart.net/
+20:48:59 <anzeljg> s/user/used
+20:49:53 <anzeljg> dobedobedoh: there were other influences...
+20:50:45 <dobedobedoh> heh yeah - just saw an archery page
+20:51:25 <fmarier_> anzeljg: so how does one fill out a survey?
+20:51:43 <fmarier_> i'm trying it out and have found the survey results block
+20:51:44 <anzeljg> 1. click Add Survey button
+20:52:06 <fmarier_> ah i see, from Content...
+20:52:09 <anzeljg> 2. Select survey in drop-down box (and foreign language if it is a language related survey)
+20:52:18 <anzeljg> oh you mean that... ;)
+20:52:26 <anzeljg> 3. Fill out survey
+20:52:41 <anzeljg> 4. Click Save button and get the results...
+20:53:34 <fmarier_> very cool!
+20:53:46 <anzeljg> I've also played with help (extended it). You can see it, if you click to "Listening comprehention" with slovenian flag and click first help icon
+20:53:53 <richardm> Very cool indeed
+20:53:58 <anzeljg> it is extended to allow embedding audio files...
+20:54:32 <dobedobedoh> Cool
+20:54:59 <anzeljg> like: {audio:test.mp3} inside ordinary HTML help file
+20:55:13 <fmarier_> right, if I had Flash I guess I'd be hearing something :)
+20:55:47 <anzeljg> somesurveys are complete and someare in test phase,so...
+20:56:37 <anzeljg> I need to write the documentation for other on how to create custom surveys...
+20:56:42 <rkabalin_> yeah, that is quite cool, thanks anzeljg
+20:56:48 <dobedobedoh> thanks anzeljg :)
+20:57:20 <anzeljg> that's about it
+20:57:28 <fmarier_> anzeljg: would it make sense to look into merging your help file changes upstream?
+20:57:50 <anzeljg> it might...
+20:57:52 <dobedobedoh> is there anything to gain by moving the help file audio change from flash to flowplayer?
+20:58:07 <fmarier_> dobedobedoh: no, flowplayer is flash as well
+20:58:23 <dobedobedoh> Ah - I thought it had HTML5 support too?
+20:58:27 <fmarier_> it would be nice however to start using HTML5 stuff
+20:58:28 <anzeljg> but I've started with the idea, that each survey is self-contained
+20:58:43 <anzeljg> at first there were only .xml files for each survey...
+20:58:45 <iarenaza> really cool stuff anzeljg :)
+20:59:07 <anzeljg> but realized that surveys can containf image files, audio files, help files...
+20:59:25 <anzeljg> help files are in different places than in ordinary mahara, so...
+20:59:47 <fmarier_> ah i see, they're not really help files as such, they're part of the survey
+21:00:03 <fmarier_> was there anything you need to modify in core to get all of this working?
+21:00:08 <anzeljg> basically, for each survey there is a .xml file in htdocs/aretfact/survey/surveys
+21:00:23 <anzeljg> e.g. test.survey.xml
+21:00:49 <anzeljg> there is also a folder, e.g. test.survey (without xml extension) that contain all help files
+21:01:25 <anzeljg> help files are in htdocs/artefact/survey/surveys/test.survey/en.utf8 (or sl.utf8)
+21:02:07 <anzeljg> not in core directly, just used core components and added some stuff
+21:02:22 <anzeljg> last line was response to fmarier_
+21:02:23 <richardm> do we need to find a place in dataroot to store that stuff?
+21:03:11 <anzeljg> if admin wants to add a custom survey, he/she must add it to htdocs/artefact/survey/surveys folder
+21:03:28 * dobedobedoh thinks that'd probaby be more futureproof to allow admin to upload a survey
+21:03:41 <anzeljg> I mean, e.g. test.survey.xml and test.survey folder (with all the images, audio and help files)
+21:03:52 <dobedobedoh> or the institution admin for isolated institutions
+21:04:28 <dobedobedoh> And also to ease things for larger sites running multiple frontends and  package managed code-bases
+21:05:09 <anzeljg> I've missed that one: to allow admin to upload surveys into htdocs... or dataroot?
+21:05:19 <dobedobedoh> into dataroot
+21:05:33 <dobedobedoh> e.g. an admin can upload a zip file containing the datastructure (relatively easy to test)
+21:05:42 <dobedobedoh> and then that'd be stored in the dataroot too
+21:05:44 <dobedobedoh> rather than webroot
+21:05:55 <anzeljg> and also unzipped?
+21:06:06 <dobedobedoh> sorry, yes - unzipped somehow
+21:06:32 * dobedobedoh hasn't thought it throughf ully, but IMO per-site data shoud be in the dataroot
+21:06:46 <anzeljg> so all the surveys should be in the dataroot, including the ones I (or others) intend to ship with the survey artefact?
+21:06:57 <dobedobedoh> ah...
+21:07:07 <dobedobedoh> maybe a combination of the two?
+21:07:34 <anzeljg> ok. I see I will have to add that option (for uploading custom surveys...)
+21:07:52 <dobedobedoh> It looks really cool though :)
+21:07:57 <anzeljg> thanks
+21:08:21 <dobedobedoh> ..
+21:08:29 <rkabalin_> ok, what I have missed is a chair for next meeting
+21:08:55 <anzeljg> oh, one more thing, the when using blocktpyes, user can select matching pallete for graph, so it matches the selected page theme (aqua, default, sunset, etc.)
+21:09:13 <anzeljg> ..
+21:09:23 <rkabalin_> any volunteers to chair next meeting?
+21:09:42 * dobedobedoh can do it
+21:10:20 <rkabalin_> thanks dobedobedoh
+21:10:37 <rkabalin_> ok, we have done it
+21:10:41 <rkabalin_> #endmeeting
+ diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.log.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.log.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..bcec8f893936801c09a5f7440b8b154208cc304f --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.log.txt @@ -0,0 +1,391 @@ +19:34:11 #startmeeting +19:34:11 Meeting started Tue Sep 6 19:34:11 2011 UTC. The chair is rkabalin_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. +19:34:11 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic. +19:34:13 hi there +19:34:24 #topic Meeting Attendees +19:34:35 #info rkabalin is Ruslan Kabalin - LUNS Ltd, UK +19:34:45 #info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd, UK +19:34:51 #info: anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner of Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ +19:34:53 #info fmarier_ is Francois Marier +19:34:53 #info dan_p is Dan Poltawski - LUNS Ltd, UK +19:34:58 #info richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst, Wellington +19:34:59 #info hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wgtn +19:35:15 #info iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza - Mondragon Unibertsitatea +19:36:00 I guess that is everyone +19:36:07 please say ".." on a line by itself if you are typing a long multi-line piece to indicate you've finished +19:36:14 .. +19:36:33 ok +19:36:40 #topic Items from previous meeting +19:36:54 #info fmarier_ to update the bug status page with new "milestone" usage guidelines +19:37:18 rkabalin_: i've put it on the agenda already :) +19:37:18 this is related to today's topic in fact +19:37:25 but it's done +19:37:42 #info thomaswbell88 to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges and post on the wiki under Specifications in Development +19:37:56 thomaswbell88 is not here, but I think he has done that +19:38:26 We said need more detail last time I think? +19:38:45 ah, it was discussed last time as well +19:39:04 actually Don Presant(?) has talked about that on the forums +19:39:28 I have a meeting with him and the person driving this at Mozilla on Friday +19:39:43 that is a bit different +19:39:47 so we'll hopefully be able to report a bit more on the forum +19:39:49 but relevant +19:40:07 hi +19:40:12 * fmarier_ waves at anzeljg +19:40:15 ok, I will not be creating another action for this then +19:40:32 hello anzeljg and bugg_home +19:40:33 #info Anzelj Gregor, Slovenian langpack, plugin developer +19:40:33 hello bugg_home and anzeljg +19:40:41 hi bugg_home +19:40:51 morning folks +19:40:59 next item +19:41:04 I forgot about this channel, it's been too long >.< +19:41:15 #info LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run selenium tests +19:42:40 dan_p was going to look at this one IIRC ? +19:42:49 That was mine really and I'm afraid haven't done it +19:43:20 ok, then I postpone it to the next meeting +19:43:33 #action dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run selenium tests +19:44:07 #topic Mahara Newsletter October 2011 [Kristina] +19:44:09 it's also on the wiki here: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Current_Tasks +19:44:31 (not sure it needs to stick around in the action for every meeting) +19:44:43 #undo +19:44:43 Removing item from minutes: +19:45:06 ah, that the wrong one )) +19:45:10 :) +19:45:17 You can only undo one IIRC +19:45:23 Redo? +19:45:30 no redo... have to copy/paste ;) +19:45:35 fmarier_: agree, but leave it for now +19:45:40 #topic Mahara Newsletter October 2011 [Kristina] +19:45:56 oops. already? +19:46:00 OK. just a sec. +19:46:16 I would like to remind everybody that the next issue of the Mahara +19:46:16 Newsletter will come out on October 1, 2011. If you have anything that +19:46:17 yep, it has been moved forward )) +19:46:17 you would like to mention in it, please send an email to +19:46:17 newsletter@mahara.org so that I am notified. Possible topics are: +19:46:17 developments you are working on, plugins you have created, conference +19:46:17 recap, events you have planned within the next 3 months, implementation +19:46:18 of Mahara in various contexts etc. Spread the word about what you are +19:46:18 doing with Mahara. +19:46:18 .. +19:46:52 #info: next MAhara newsletter will come out October 1, 2011 and everybody is invited to submit stories. +19:47:23 great +19:47:30 anitsirk: would the move of translations to Launchpad qualify? +19:47:35 that's all i wanted to say +19:47:40 iarenaza: yes. definitely! +19:47:46 iarenaza: that's a good idea +19:47:57 would be nice to have it written from the perspective of a translator +19:48:11 that's a major change and will hopefully allow others to get involved +19:48:19 because ultimately translations being easier for translators is all that matters +19:48:38 I'll try to write up something (and see if I can get some help from other members of the Spanish translation group) +19:48:42 (i.e. it shouldn't be just to "make things easy for developers") +19:48:58 It'd be good to put a link to the current up-to-date translations too +19:49:11 that sounds great, iarenaza, and yes, dobedobedoh +19:49:16 mainly for selfish reasons - I doubt many people expect a UK translation exists ;) +19:49:41 dobedobedoh: you mean a "proper English" translation? :-) +19:49:53 I mean UK english as opposed to Kiwi +19:50:05 I personnaly found this launchpad transation interface difficult... +19:50:14 Me too - it's really convoluted +19:50:25 but that's not a dicussion for the newsletter topic I guess +19:50:41 on, next topic +19:50:47 i found it good for easy translations, but as soon as ou have to look into the code to actually find out if there is a different meaning, then it gets tricky for non-techies. +19:51:03 yep, correct. thanks for keeping us focused, rkabalin +19:51:15 #topic Bug status fields [Francois and Ruslan] +19:51:58 actually, before we move on, this is the page for checking how up to date all of the translations are: https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang +19:52:18 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Bug_Status +19:52:20 except for the ones that aren't there yet :) +19:52:46 Is langpacks.mahara.org still relevant then? +19:53:07 dobedobedoh: yes, but that doesn't tell you the % translated +19:53:09 langpacks.mahara.org is the place to get a langpack that can be installed into mahara +19:53:11 Shall we move langpack discussion to separate topic today? +19:53:34 otherwice it becomes messy )) +19:53:41 rkabalin_: Yeah, aob +19:53:44 on launchpad you can only download langpack in .po or.mo format. Or am I wrong? +19:53:52 anzeljg: correct +19:53:54 anzeljg: yes +19:54:04 the % translated isn't really accurate... I've only done <.5% of UK english because the rest is fine inheritted +19:54:19 Which looks bad for anyone wanting to download it as they think it's not done +19:54:38 dobedobedoh: right, i guess that one is a special case +19:54:54 Same probably goes for US english, but yeah - they are special cases +19:55:05 should we be moving on? +19:55:10 you could just repeat the en_NZ strings though +19:55:29 if they are the same, there's no harm in doing it and it shows you have thought about it +19:56:03 We should probably come back to this later +19:56:14 If we're doing a separate topic on it ;) +19:56:48 #topic Bug status fields [Francois and Ruslan] (part 2) +19:57:40 so rkabalin_ and I have been revising the wiki page for bug statuses +19:57:59 and we just wanted to draw attention to the use of milestones +19:58:07 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Bug_Status +19:58:33 the most important one is to set a milestone on the bugs that you mark as "fix committed" +19:58:51 that milestone should be the first release that the bugfix will be in +19:59:03 e.g. 1.5.0 for things merged onto master +19:59:09 1.4.1 for things merged onto 1.4_STABLE +19:59:33 if you leave the milestone out, then the bug is essentially lost and stuck in the "fix committed" state forever +19:59:47 Is it okay to 'request' a milestone before the fix is committed (where committed == merged and not just pushed to gerritt) +19:59:50 because it doesn't show up on the list of things we need to switch to "fix released" when the release goes out +20:00:12 dobedobedoh: yeah that's fine. once you've started working on it, it's fair game to put a milestone on it +20:00:36 basically, when a bug is in the "fix committed" state, THE MILESTONE IS A MUST +20:00:39 also if you really want to do something for 1.5, then you can mark it as such +20:00:58 Shame there's no way of enforcing it in launchpad - worth submitting a feature request to them? +20:01:10 otherwise, we will loose the change in the release +20:01:54 dobedobedoh: either that or an easy way to search for: "fix committed" & "no milestone" +20:02:06 * hughdavenport likes how there is no way to use lp's search to see what is commited with no milestone :P +20:02:14 at the moment, all you can do is search for "fix committed" and go through all of the bugs one by one +20:02:29 ouch +20:02:35 (which I have done, so we're all good now) +20:02:52 I've found a few that went into 1.4.0 though :) +20:03:08 well, we shouldn't lose the changes exactly, if we look through the git log to write release notes +20:04:06 the changes aren't lost, but the bug reports themselves are lost in the sense that they stick around in the open state for a long time after they've been resolved +20:04:20 yep +20:04:34 anyways, that's all I wanted to bring up. have a look at the wiki page and hopefully it makes more sense now +20:04:47 thanks to rkabalin_ for reviewing it and rewriting large chunks of it with me +20:05:00 rkabalin_: did you have anything else to add? +20:05:15 not really +20:06:07 we are pretty efficient today +20:06:14 )) +20:06:34 shall we discuss langpacks as a separate topic? +20:06:50 and I also have two things... +20:06:55 * dobedobedoh hasn't got much more to add on the langpacks issue +20:07:02 or there is not much to add +20:07:03 does anybody have anything to add to the langpack discussion? (I don't) +20:07:18 fmarierjust a question +20:07:19 I also have an update on the phpunit status +20:07:37 iarenaza: sure, go ahead +20:07:38 are help files available at launchpad for translation? +20:07:43 yes +20:07:58 i think richardm put them in a string each, right? +20:08:14 (one string per help file) +20:08:14 # lanpacks (unplanned topic) +20:08:23 #topic lanpacks (unplanned topic) +20:08:52 iarenaza: Yes, the help files are in the launchpad translations +20:09:01 rkabalin_, you mean langpacks? ;) +20:09:04 ok, thanks :) +20:09:13 #undo +20:09:13 Removing item from minutes: +20:09:21 #topic langpacks (unplanned topic) +20:09:27 thanks bugg_home +20:09:30 hehe :) +20:09:30 np +20:09:36 richardm: each help file is one big blob of HTML? +20:09:45 Yes +20:09:48 it's a little unpleasant to edit +20:10:18 Well, you can download a .po file, edti that & upload it to launchpad again +20:10:40 what I would like to ask is how permissions work, it looks like I ma not able to upload .po if I am not an admin +20:10:43 which i think is what mits is doing +20:11:14 richardm: in light of translations, what is the status of PluralForms? +20:11:20 I'm not sure exactly how the permissions work, but if mits is doing it it means people in the appropriate translation groups have permission +20:11:33 translation teams i mean +20:11:49 that might work for the files that were downloaded from launchpad +20:11:55 anzeljg: The status is I haven't started it yet I'm afraid +20:12:07 ok, leave it for now... +20:12:10 I need to hack something into the scripts that create langpacks from .po files +20:12:59 (for the benefit of those who don't know what PluralForms are about, in sl, words have different endings depending on how many things there are: 1, 2, 3, etc.) +20:13:22 so it's not just singular v. plural, it's like singular, plural2, plural3, or something like that +20:13:30 singular +20:13:42 plural for 2, 102, etc. things +20:13:56 plural for 3, 4, 103, 104, etc. things +20:14:06 and finally plural for 0, 5, 6, ... things +20:14:21 ;) +20:14:25 rkabalin_: does russian have the same problem? +20:14:31 yep +20:14:34 rkabalin_: you can't even upload .po files as a member of ~mahara-lang? +20:14:42 there are "many" plural forms )) +20:14:56 and czech, slovak, croatian, polish, serbian, arabic,... +20:15:22 rkabalin_: so you'll be interested in whatever solution we come up with, i guess :) +20:16:43 richardm: I think I am able to upload only that .po which I initailly downloaded from launchpad, so it has some headers. If I use the conversion script to porduce .po from mahara lang dir, this fill will not be accepted +20:16:50 s/fill/file +20:17:28 anyway, that is not a problem any more +20:17:54 Yes, it does seem you have to get the headers right for launchpad +20:17:55 since the package is converted already +20:18:21 but, might be an issue for someone +20:18:58 I got them wrong a few times and ended up being the author of the Maori translation inlaunchpad. embarrassing. +20:19:13 ok, shall we move on then +20:19:40 richardm: i was thinking about that the other day. could you not change the translation and then resubmit another one with Ian's name? +20:19:51 (if you wanted to restore the right authorship info) +20:20:03 fmarier_: it doesn't work, once the strings are in +20:20:28 but if you modify a string, surely it must change the author? +20:20:36 My problem was I initially submitted them with the wrong 'context' and when i corrected that i mistakenly left the author off +20:20:48 but if you remove the langpack completely and create it again? +20:21:06 rkabalin_: i didn't try that +20:21:15 rkabalin_: that wouldn't work because launchpad keeps all the translations to share them with other projects I think +20:21:22 fmarier_: and yes that would work provided you changed all the strings +20:21:41 i'll try it +20:21:42 but what i was thinking was this: prepend all of the strings with a period and upload under your name +20:21:50 then remove the period and reupload under Ian's name +20:21:51 yeah i bet that would work +20:23:36 .. +20:24:26 #topic Next meeting +20:25:31 I propose Oct 5th 7:30 UTC +20:26:23 works for me +20:26:30 wfm +20:26:41 wfm2 +20:26:43 hah +20:26:48 i'll try to attend +20:26:54 that's my birthday xP +20:26:59 sounds good +20:27:06 wfm3 +20:27:08 happy birthday in advance ;) +20:27:10 happy bday for a month bugg_home +20:27:24 hughdavenport, you'll probably be there :P +20:27:48 that's 19:30 our time eh? +20:27:50 bugg_home: only if he cares about you more than Mahara :P +20:27:55 yep +20:28:27 hmm, that is a toss up :P +20:28:30 fmarier_, if I do anything you might be invited too ;P +20:28:36 #info next meeting Oct 5th 7:30 UTC +20:29:13 #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111005T0730 +20:29:22 that's actually 20:30 NZ time btw +20:29:28 looks like daylight saving is kicking in +20:29:33 thanks fmarier_ +20:29:48 08:30 London time +20:30:02 can't easily find that page to generate new +20:30:04 line in! +20:30:07 lie in* +20:30:15 #topic Any other business +20:30:25 Can I just give a quick update on unit testing ? +20:30:30 yep +20:30:30 rkabalin_: from the homepage: Time Zone Calculators | Event Time Announcer +20:30:40 as I said before, I got two things +20:30:44 fmarier_: thanks +20:30:59 i was just going to say, let's not forget anzeljg's items :) +20:31:18 sorry guys. gotta go to another meeting. have a great day / evening. +20:31:25 bye +20:31:36 bye +20:31:40 that will be me off as well, will read later +20:31:47 byt hughdavenport +20:31:48 dobedobedoh: you can go first ;) +20:31:57 heh tah +20:32:22 Basically, I've updated the patches from mjollnir` +20:32:25 They're in gerrit +20:32:45 There are about 6 commits with a total of 5 bugs in launchpad - you may have seem them yesterday/today +20:33:09 i saw the bugs, haven't had time to look at the code yet +20:33:10 I've also updated the wiki with some thoughts on the jenkins side: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Talk:Developer_Area/Unit_Testing +20:33:40 #info dobedobedoh updated the patches from mjollnir` +20:33:41 It mostly works so far :) +20:33:51 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Talk:Developer_Area/Unit_Testing +20:34:07 having a CLI installer would be wonderful +20:34:11 I've hit a few bugs when things get in a slightly upset state - they're mentioned above +20:34:15 especially for the packages +20:34:16 I've done a proof of concept +20:34:29 it's really easy now thanks to mjollnir`'s work +20:34:35 and a CLI upgrader would also be ace +20:34:53 The patches are all tagged phpunit: https://reviews.mahara.org/#q,status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:phpunit,n,z +20:34:57 .. +20:35:21 big thanks to dobedobedoh for picking that up! +20:35:43 and for Mjollnir` of course for writing the original :) +20:35:58 thanks dobedobedoh, that is a great job +20:36:46 yeah, looks great dobedobedoh, so all the patches are done? +20:36:48 :) +20:36:52 RI think so +20:37:10 Or tahret, I thought so... I just came across some kind of bug which I've been looking at for the past few minutes +20:37:14 * dobedobedoh is multitasking +20:37:48 But yes, it's more or less done with those caveats +20:37:59 I'll submit an update to the final patch later this week +20:38:13 There's something wrong with the view tests... they were all working, but I've somehow broken them +20:38:31 I think I know what I did though +20:38:32 .. +20:39:33 That's me done though :) +20:39:36 we should probably go towards using unit testing more actively +20:40:03 having unit tests would be really good +20:40:47 dobedobedoh: once the patches are merged, can you add some stuff to the page about how to run them? +20:41:03 heh - I've just found my bug. Accidentally removed the tear down in my last tidy up before usbmitting :| +20:41:17 Sure - There's a basic readme, so I'll add some notes from there +20:41:29 There's also another page on the wiki https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Unit_Testing +20:41:35 That has some notes on how to run them +20:41:36 we might discuss it in details in the future and even introduce some policy +20:41:36 .. +20:41:45 ah ok cool :) +20:42:30 any other things to discuss? +20:42:55 anzeljg had a couple of things +20:43:40 Are you waiting for me? Can I go? +20:44:01 I'm done so feel free to move on +20:44:04 Before I begin - when I was back to school, I got "Mahara 1.4 release crew" mug, and I would like to thank a person, who sent it to me... +20:44:23 ok, I finish it then +20:44:40 First thing: survey artefact - for creating/using custom surveys/questionnaires +20:44:54 * rkabalin_ ignore my last line +20:45:02 I've almost done it, you can see/try it at: +20:45:14 #link http://mahara.ledina.org/DEV/ +20:45:22 user: test, pass: test140test +20:46:00 basically a user chooses survey and other users(tipically tutors), who will gain the access to his/her results +20:46:24 * dobedobedoh sees samwisemoss's influence in there +20:46:31 user than answers to all the questions and gets back the results, graph, etc. +20:46:37 #info anzeljg's survey artefact - for creating/using custom surveys/questionnaires are available for testing +20:47:11 the results can be embeded to view/page with appropriate blocktype +20:47:20 that is cool +20:47:46 there is also a possibility to (currently) export results from other users (that one got the acces to) to CSV file +20:48:05 in the future I also wanted to add an online report kind of thing... +20:48:18 That looks very cool. LEAP2A would also be cool there +20:48:20 but very mahara specific +20:48:26 for the graphs I've user pChart 2 +20:48:37 #link http://www.pchart.net/ +20:48:59 s/user/used +20:49:53 dobedobedoh: there were other influences... +20:50:45 heh yeah - just saw an archery page +20:51:25 anzeljg: so how does one fill out a survey? +20:51:43 i'm trying it out and have found the survey results block +20:51:44 1. click Add Survey button +20:52:06 ah i see, from Content... +20:52:09 2. Select survey in drop-down box (and foreign language if it is a language related survey) +20:52:18 oh you mean that... ;) +20:52:26 3. Fill out survey +20:52:41 4. Click Save button and get the results... +20:53:34 very cool! +20:53:46 I've also played with help (extended it). You can see it, if you click to "Listening comprehention" with slovenian flag and click first help icon +20:53:53 Very cool indeed +20:53:58 it is extended to allow embedding audio files... +20:54:32 Cool +20:54:59 like: {audio:test.mp3} inside ordinary HTML help file +20:55:13 right, if I had Flash I guess I'd be hearing something :) +20:55:47 somesurveys are complete and someare in test phase,so... +20:56:37 I need to write the documentation for other on how to create custom surveys... +20:56:42 yeah, that is quite cool, thanks anzeljg +20:56:48 thanks anzeljg :) +20:57:20 that's about it +20:57:28 anzeljg: would it make sense to look into merging your help file changes upstream? +20:57:50 it might... +20:57:52 is there anything to gain by moving the help file audio change from flash to flowplayer? +20:58:07 dobedobedoh: no, flowplayer is flash as well +20:58:23 Ah - I thought it had HTML5 support too? +20:58:27 it would be nice however to start using HTML5 stuff +20:58:28 but I've started with the idea, that each survey is self-contained +20:58:43 at first there were only .xml files for each survey... +20:58:45 really cool stuff anzeljg :) +20:59:07 but realized that surveys can containf image files, audio files, help files... +20:59:25 help files are in different places than in ordinary mahara, so... +20:59:47 ah i see, they're not really help files as such, they're part of the survey +21:00:03 was there anything you need to modify in core to get all of this working? +21:00:08 basically, for each survey there is a .xml file in htdocs/aretfact/survey/surveys +21:00:23 e.g. test.survey.xml +21:00:49 there is also a folder, e.g. test.survey (without xml extension) that contain all help files +21:01:25 help files are in htdocs/artefact/survey/surveys/test.survey/en.utf8 (or sl.utf8) +21:02:07 not in core directly, just used core components and added some stuff +21:02:22 last line was response to fmarier_ +21:02:23 do we need to find a place in dataroot to store that stuff? +21:03:11 if admin wants to add a custom survey, he/she must add it to htdocs/artefact/survey/surveys folder +21:03:28 * dobedobedoh thinks that'd probaby be more futureproof to allow admin to upload a survey +21:03:41 I mean, e.g. test.survey.xml and test.survey folder (with all the images, audio and help files) +21:03:52 or the institution admin for isolated institutions +21:04:28 And also to ease things for larger sites running multiple frontends and package managed code-bases +21:05:09 I've missed that one: to allow admin to upload surveys into htdocs... or dataroot? +21:05:19 into dataroot +21:05:33 e.g. an admin can upload a zip file containing the datastructure (relatively easy to test) +21:05:42 and then that'd be stored in the dataroot too +21:05:44 rather than webroot +21:05:55 and also unzipped? +21:06:06 sorry, yes - unzipped somehow +21:06:32 * dobedobedoh hasn't thought it throughf ully, but IMO per-site data shoud be in the dataroot +21:06:46 so all the surveys should be in the dataroot, including the ones I (or others) intend to ship with the survey artefact? +21:06:57 ah... +21:07:07 maybe a combination of the two? +21:07:34 ok. I see I will have to add that option (for uploading custom surveys...) +21:07:52 It looks really cool though :) +21:07:57 thanks +21:08:21 .. +21:08:29 ok, what I have missed is a chair for next meeting +21:08:55 oh, one more thing, the when using blocktpyes, user can select matching pallete for graph, so it matches the selected page theme (aqua, default, sunset, etc.) +21:09:13 .. +21:09:23 any volunteers to chair next meeting? +21:09:42 * dobedobedoh can do it +21:10:20 thanks dobedobedoh +21:10:37 ok, we have done it +21:10:41 #endmeeting \ No newline at end of file diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..842f7a1adf4aee775d0d2b4868f511a984183f9a --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.txt @@ -0,0 +1,116 @@ +=================== +#mahara-dev Meeting +=================== + + +Meeting started by rkabalin_ at 19:34:11 UTC. The full logs are +available at +http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-09-06-19.34.log.html +. + + + +Meeting summary +--------------- +* Meeting Attendees (rkabalin_, 19:34:24) + * rkabalin is Ruslan Kabalin - LUNS Ltd, UK (rkabalin_, 19:34:35) + * dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd, UK (dobedobedoh, 19:34:45) + * : anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner of Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ + (anitsirk, 19:34:51) + * fmarier_ is Francois Marier (fmarier_, 19:34:53) + * dan_p is Dan Poltawski - LUNS Ltd, UK (dan_p, 19:34:53) + * richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst, Wellington (richardm, + 19:34:58) + * hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wgtn (hughdavenport, + 19:34:59) + * iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza - Mondragon Unibertsitatea (iarenaza, + 19:35:15) + +* Items from previous meeting (rkabalin_, 19:36:40) + * fmarier_ to update the bug status page with new "milestone" usage + guidelines (rkabalin_, 19:36:54) + * thomaswbell88 to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges and post + on the wiki under Specifications in Development (rkabalin_, + 19:37:42) + * Anzelj Gregor, Slovenian langpack, plugin developer (anzeljg, + 19:40:33) + * LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run + selenium tests (rkabalin_, 19:41:15) + * ACTION: dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration + project to run selenium tests (rkabalin_, 19:43:33) + +* Mahara Newsletter October 2011 [Kristina] (rkabalin_, 19:45:40) + * : next MAhara newsletter will come out October 1, 2011 and everybody + is invited to submit stories. (anitsirk, 19:46:52) + +* Bug status fields [Francois and Ruslan] (rkabalin_, 19:51:15) + * LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Bug_Status + (rkabalin_, 19:52:18) + +* Bug status fields [Francois and Ruslan] (part 2) (rkabalin_, + 19:56:48) + * LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Bug_Status + (fmarier_, 19:58:07) + +* Next meeting (rkabalin_, 20:24:26) + * next meeting Oct 5th 7:30 UTC (rkabalin_, 20:28:36) + * LINK: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111005T0730 + (fmarier_, 20:29:13) + +* Any other business (rkabalin_, 20:30:15) + * dobedobedoh updated the patches from mjollnir` (rkabalin_, + 20:33:40) + * LINK: + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Talk:Developer_Area/Unit_Testing + (rkabalin_, 20:33:51) + * LINK: http://mahara.ledina.org/DEV/ (anzeljg, 20:45:14) + * anzeljg's survey artefact - for creating/using custom + surveys/questionnaires are available for testing (rkabalin_, + 20:46:37) + * LINK: http://www.pchart.net/ (anzeljg, 20:48:37) + +Meeting ended at 21:10:41 UTC. + + + + +Action Items +------------ +* dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to + run selenium tests + + + + +Action Items, by person +----------------------- +* dan_p + * dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project + to run selenium tests +* **UNASSIGNED** + * (none) + + + + +People Present (lines said) +--------------------------- +* rkabalin_ (85) +* fmarier_ (80) +* dobedobedoh (75) +* anzeljg (64) +* richardm (28) +* anitsirk (22) +* iarenaza (11) +* bugg_home (10) +* hughdavenport (7) +* dan_p (5) +* maharameet (4) + + + + +Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 + +.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot