diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..87f3e8ec2994d848f2447ea53d364ab55038f47a --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.html @@ -0,0 +1,234 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev Meeting + + + + +

#mahara-dev Meeting

+ +Meeting started by anitsirk at 19:33:27 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Meeting summary

+
    +
  1. +
      +
    1. anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, + Wellington, NZ (anitsirk, + 19:33:35)
    2. +
    3. richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, + Wgtn NZ (richardm, + 19:34:00)
    4. +
    5. dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Limited, + Lancaster, UK (dobedobedoh, + 19:34:00)
    6. +
    7. rkabalin is Ruslan Kabalin, LUNS Ltd., + Lancaster, UK (rkabalin1, + 19:34:06)
    8. +
    9. hugh_home is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wgtn + NZ (hugh_home, + 19:34:11)
    10. +
    11. John Pace University, NY (John_____, + 19:35:23)
    12. +
    +
  2. +
  3. Freeze date for the 1.5 release (richardm) (anitsirk, 19:36:20) +
      +
    1. IDEA: : feature freeze + for mahara 1.5 (not release date!) on february 1, 2012 (anitsirk, + 19:37:34)
    2. +
    3. Beth from Pace University, NY (Beth_, + 19:39:07)
    4. +
    5. ACTION: everyone + check the status on their favorite tracker items to see if they can + still be included in 1.5 before the freeze (anitsirk, + 19:50:30)
    6. +
    7. ACTION: : everyone + check the status of the items already in review and help with + reviewing them to get them ready for 1.5 (anitsirk, + 19:54:55)
    8. +
    9. AGREED: soft feature + freeze for mahara 1.5 on february 1, 2012 (00:00 UTC) and hard + freeze is planned for february 8, 2012 to give a few extra days to + finish features that are almost done and to go through the items + already in review (anitsirk, + 19:59:46)
    10. +
    +
  4. +
  5. MNet removal from Moodle 2.3 (richardm) (anitsirk, 20:00:24) +
      +
    1. mudrd8mz is David Mudrak from Moodle HQ + (anitsirk, + 20:04:04)
    2. +
    3. http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.txt + - may give some more info (dobedobedoh, + 20:04:06)
    4. +
    5. IDEA: finish mahara 1.5 + with mnet and then look for a replacement after the release + (anitsirk, + 20:05:54)
    6. +
    7. mnet replacement is not #1 issue for Moodle HQ + but Jérôme Mouneyrac from Moodle HQ, the officer in charge for web + services, may know more. (anitsirk, + 20:09:50)
    8. +
    9. by mudrd8mz: Moodle is not going to drop MNet + without having a working solution for Mahara integration available, + for sure (anitsirk, + 20:10:32)
    10. +
    11. AGREED: mahara 1.5 is + released as planned and a solution is investigated for the moodle hq + drop of mnet for future versions (anitsirk, + 20:12:53)
    12. +
    +
  6. +
  7. Next meeting and chair (anitsirk, 20:18:53) +
      +
    1. AGREED: the 15th + Mahara developer meeting will take place on March 20 at 7:30 a.m. + UTC + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120320T0730 + (anitsirk, + 20:21:25)
    2. +
    3. bugg_home will chair the next meeting. you can + find more info about your duties at + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties + (anitsirk, + 20:24:13)
    4. +
    +
  8. +
  9. Any other business (anitsirk, 20:24:52) +
      +
    1. IDEA: anzeljg would + like to see skin support in mahara 1.5 and asks if there's still + enough time. (anitsirk, + 20:26:36)
    2. +
    3. IDEA: : anzeljg + finishes the skins support and submits it for review for mahara 1.6 + early in the release cycle. (anitsirk, + 20:36:09)
    4. +
    5. http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4327 + (anzeljg, + 20:36:55)
    6. +
    7. http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4331 + (anzeljg, + 20:37:02)
    8. +
    +
  10. +
+

+ + + + +Meeting ended at 20:47:11 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Action items

+
    +
  1. everyone check the status on their favorite tracker items to see if they can still be included in 1.5 before the freeze
  2. +
  3. : everyone check the status of the items already in review and help with reviewing them to get them ready for 1.5
  4. +
+

+ + + +

People present (lines said)

+
    +
  1. anitsirk (104)
  2. +
  3. richardm (40)
  4. +
  5. dobedobedoh (40)
  6. +
  7. anzeljg (26)
  8. +
  9. rkabalin1 (17)
  10. +
  11. mudrd8mz (13)
  12. +
  13. hugh_home (11)
  14. +
  15. bugg_home (11)
  16. +
  17. Beth_ (2)
  18. +
  19. maharameet (2)
  20. +
  21. maharabot (2)
  22. +
  23. gerry_ (1)
  24. +
  25. John_____ (1)
  26. +
+

+ + + +Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4. + diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..8de25f4877bc493fb7bb6d83dbfe8961d882831e --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.html @@ -0,0 +1,297 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev log + + + + +
19:33:27 <anitsirk> #startmeeting
+19:33:27 <maharameet> Meeting started Tue Jan 31 19:33:27 2012 UTC.  The chair is anitsirk. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
+19:33:27 <maharameet> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
+19:33:34 <anitsirk> Good morning, afternoon and evening. Welcome to the 14th Mahara developer meeting.
+19:33:34 <anitsirk> Please state your IRC nickname and name (and organization you work for and location) with a #info at the beginning of the line.
+19:33:35 <anitsirk> #info anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ
+19:33:58 <dobedobedoh> 'info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Limited, Lancaster, UK
+19:34:00 <richardm> #info richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wgtn NZ
+19:34:00 <dobedobedoh> #info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Limited, Lancaster, UK
+19:34:06 <rkabalin1> #info rkabalin is Ruslan Kabalin, LUNS Ltd., Lancaster, UK
+19:34:11 <hugh_home> #info hugh_home is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wgtn NZ
+19:34:48 <anitsirk> hi gerry_. we just started with the introductions, please state your name and location prefixed with #info
+19:35:11 <anitsirk> As we are all busy, I'd like to propose that we limit our meeting to a maximum of 2 hours. With only 3 big agenda items that might seem like a lot. Therefore, let's see if we can tackle everything even in about 1 hour allowing about 20 min for each of the big items. I'll keep an eye on the watch.
+19:35:22 <anitsirk> We didn't have any action items open from our last meeting. So we can go right into the new items. :-)
+19:35:23 <John_____> #info John Pace University, NY
+19:35:25 <gerry_> #ino Gerry Pauline, Pace University, Mgr, Applications Development
+19:35:49 <anitsirk> Hi John_____ and gerry_ great to see you here. :-)
+19:35:59 <anitsirk> Please keep in mind that when you have a long statement broken up over several lines, please put .. on a separate line when you are done.
+19:36:02 <anitsirk> ..
+19:36:18 <anitsirk> as elky is not here yet, i think, we'll start with richardm
+19:36:20 <anitsirk> #topic Freeze date for the 1.5 release (richardm)
+19:36:26 <anitsirk> go ahead, richardm
+19:36:48 <richardm> So we proposed 1 Feb at the last meeting for the date when we stop putting new features in for 1.5
+19:37:34 <anitsirk> #idea: feature freeze for mahara 1.5 (not release date!) on february 1, 2012
+19:37:58 <richardm> Does anyone have any objections to that?
+19:38:10 <dobedobedoh> Seems fine to me
+19:38:18 <anitsirk> hello Beth_ :-)
+19:38:26 <richardm> It's not really supposed to be a hard date, exactly, we can still put through most of what's in the pipeline
+19:38:37 <dobedobedoh> that's today for you guys?
+19:38:56 <richardm> Yeah
+19:39:01 <rkabalin1> I agree, freexing on Feb 1st is fine with me
+19:39:07 <Beth_> #info Beth from Pace University, NY
+19:39:13 <richardm> I don't think we'd be looking at branching yet
+19:39:41 <richardm> More that people keep new features in their own branches for a while & stop putting new large features into gerrit
+19:40:03 <richardm> We still have quite a few bugs to fix as well
+19:40:05 <dobedobedoh> It's a shame we have't gotten more done on the unit testing, but most of the infrastructure is in place for doing so in the future
+19:40:26 <rkabalin1> hmmm, why not branching freeze?
+19:40:53 <richardm> well we could do that, but it's easier if we can fix the remaining bugs on one branch
+19:41:10 <rkabalin1> which will allow not to restrict master from any sort of features
+19:41:20 <richardm> Yeah when a new feature is imminent, we'll have to branch anyway
+19:41:40 <anitsirk> are you currently working on any features, dobedobedoh and rkabalin1 that you'd like to get into 1.5?
+19:41:55 <rkabalin1> freezing by branching is a good practice IMHO, for 1.4 fmarier created the branch AFAIK
+19:41:56 <richardm> fmarier made a list of bugs he thought should definitely go in, and others that could be delayed to 1.6
+19:42:22 <dobedobedoh> no - nothing at present
+19:42:29 <anitsirk> richardm: are these the three bugs that are on the agenda?
+19:42:44 <richardm> yeah https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-01-31
+19:43:06 <rkabalin1> I have been working on that user icons enhancement, but not sure if I will complete it soon
+19:43:24 <richardm> I haven't had a good look through them yet, but there are many more bugs than that for 1.5, so i assume he just listed big features
+19:43:39 <anitsirk> yes, looks like it.
+19:43:49 <dobedobedoh> IIRC they're to upgrade third-party libs
+19:44:41 <dobedobedoh> I did find it slightly frustrating waiting for MOODLE_22_STABLE to appear when 2.2 came out in moodle, but I survived, and I'm not working on anything mahara-wise atm
+19:46:04 <anitsirk> richardm: you said it doesn't have to be a hard date. would there be a timeframe then for when there'll be a hard date so that work can begin on the release candidate or is that not necessary?
+19:46:04 <rkabalin1> The one with crypt algorithm should definitely go to 1.5, it is reviewed and all green, no idea why hugh_home have not committed it yet (I am about bug #843568)
+19:46:06 <maharabot> Launchpad bug 843568 in mahara "Stored passwords with a stronger hash algorithm" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/843568 - Assigned to Hugh Davenport (hugh-catalyst)
+19:46:46 <richardm> anitsirk: I'm thinking we could save a bit of hassle by knocking a few more bugs on the head in the next few days, then branching after that
+19:47:10 <hugh_home> ah that one, i thought one of them was only +1, so was waiting for someoen else to look at it
+19:47:13 <hugh_home> checking now
+19:47:16 <anitsirk> a few days sounds good. :-)
+19:47:25 <richardm> rkabalin1: Cool, let's put it in, not sure why fmarier put it on his list
+19:47:57 <richardm> Personally I think most of the things that are done or almost done should go in 1.5
+19:49:00 <anitsirk> are we then agreed that we have the feature freeze on february 1, 2012 (let's make it 00:00 UTC) and that it is a soft one with a few extra days to finish features that are almost done?
+19:49:38 <richardm> Yep, and everyone needs to check the status of their favorite bugs on the tracker
+19:49:54 <hugh_home> sounds good
+19:50:30 <anitsirk> #action everyone check the status on their favorite tracker items to see if they can still be included in 1.5 before the freeze
+19:50:32 <dobedobedoh> I'd really quite like #920141 to hit 1.5.0 so that we can write UTs for 1.5.1 and 1.6 from the start
+19:50:38 <dobedobedoh> but I've not had enough time to properly look atit
+19:50:44 <dobedobedoh> sorry, bug 920141
+19:50:46 <maharabot> Launchpad bug 920141 in mahara "Remove tests entry from .gitignore" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/920141 - Assigned to Andrew Nicols (dobedobedoh)
+19:50:47 <dobedobedoh> sorry, bug #920141
+19:51:42 <rkabalin1> May be we need to focus on revision these days, to complete at least those things that are +1 in gerrit
+19:51:57 <richardm> dobedobedoh: just have a look at it in the next few days, i think it'd be good to go in too
+19:52:16 <dobedobedoh> richardm: cool
+19:52:30 <anitsirk> rkabalin1: yes, getting things finished in the reviews would be great.
+19:52:46 <anitsirk> would you have time to help there?
+19:53:01 <richardm> dobedobedoh: it's already in gerrit :)
+19:53:04 <rkabalin1> perhaps :)
+19:54:14 <anitsirk> so i guess it is also: go through the reviews and see which ones you can review that are already close to finish.
+19:54:51 <hugh_home> good idea
+19:54:55 <anitsirk> #action: everyone check the status of the items already in review and help with reviewing them to get them ready for 1.5
+19:55:40 <anitsirk> back to my earlier question: are we agreed to have the soft freeze in a few hours? only hugh_home voiced his +1 i think.
+19:56:26 <hugh_home> would be noon our time right?
+19:56:41 <anitsirk> ehm 1 p.m. i think
+19:56:44 <hugh_home> maybe a bit longer, so we have time to do status checking? and a few reviews?
+19:57:08 <anitsirk> would that be necessary if it is more of a soft freeze that richardm suggested?
+19:57:10 <dobedobedoh> would 5pm kiwi time work better for you guys?
+19:57:12 <richardm> yeah i think it's still a bit early to decide on the hard date, but maybe we should aim for 1 week's time?
+19:57:26 <hugh_home> oh, soft freeze is fbm
+19:57:39 <anitsirk> richardm: sounds good to me
+19:57:52 <rkabalin1> richardm: 1 week is fine
+19:59:17 <anitsirk> last chance to object ;-)
+19:59:46 <anitsirk> #agreed soft feature freeze for mahara 1.5 on february 1, 2012 (00:00 UTC) and hard freeze is planned for february 8, 2012 to give a few extra days to finish features that are almost done and to go through the items already in review
+20:00:06 <anitsirk> alright. richardm do you want to continue with your next item?
+20:00:22 <richardm> sure
+20:00:24 <anitsirk> #topic MNet removal from Moodle 2.3 (richardm)
+20:00:47 <richardm> this is really something fmarier wanted discussed
+20:00:57 <anitsirk> but he can't be here today
+20:01:03 <dobedobedoh> From what I understand, it's not actually going to happen in the way that Martin originally suggested
+20:01:15 <richardm> we're not going to have webservices in 1.5, so no mnet replacement will be available
+20:01:59 <anitsirk> but web services would still be available as plugin for 1.5, right?
+20:02:11 <richardm> dobedobedoh: so the next moodle won't have mnet completely removed?
+20:02:29 <dobedobedoh> correct
+20:02:37 <anitsirk> ah that's good news.
+20:02:39 <richardm> anitsirk: yes, it's already a plugin for 1.5, but it's not able to be a replacement for mnet yet
+20:02:58 <dobedobedoh> At least, that's the way I understand it - this man may know otherewise
+20:02:58 <anitsirk> dobedobedoh: have you been talking to martin about mnet?
+20:02:58 * mudrd8mz yawns
+20:03:14 <dobedobedoh> Not martin, but it came up when I was working on some mnet bugs a while ago
+20:03:34 <anitsirk> hi mudrd8mz
+20:03:40 <dobedobedoh> murdd8mz: we're discussing the impending doom of mnet (https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-01-31)
+20:03:43 <mudrd8mz> hi everybody. I'm David Mudrak from Moodle HQ. I've been playing with MNet in Moodle for a while
+20:04:01 * mudrd8mz rapid reading the page
+20:04:04 <anitsirk> #info mudrd8mz is David Mudrak from Moodle HQ
+20:04:06 <dobedobedoh> http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.txt - may give some more info
+20:04:52 <richardm> mudrd8mz: fmarier just wanted to suggest we don't delay the next mahara release to rush in a replacement for mnet
+20:05:23 <richardm> instead we leave it for the release after, and try to do a more complete job :)
+20:05:50 <mudrd8mz> what's the suggested milestone for the release?
+20:05:54 <anitsirk> #idea finish mahara 1.5 with mnet and then look for a replacement after the release
+20:06:20 <richardm> yep that's the plan
+20:07:15 <dobedobedoh> mudrd8mz: We're going into soft freeze tomorrow, and hard freeze is planned for 1 week
+20:07:30 <dobedobedoh> 1.6 wouldn't be out for another 6-9 months is my guess?
+20:07:52 <mudrd8mz> oh, ok. no need to delay it just because of MNet, for sure
+20:07:58 <anitsirk> something like that. if we look into mnet removal that timeframe might even be tight.
+20:08:10 <richardm> it might delay a few sites upgrading their moodles straight away, but i don't think it's a big deal compared to the moodle->moodle problems people will have
+20:08:26 <anitsirk> mudrd8mz: do you have any more info on mnet in moodle 2.3?
+20:08:37 <mudrd8mz> from what I know from Moodle road map, MNet replacement is not really #1 issue. Although Jérôme Mouneyrac from Moodle HQ is the officer in charge for web services in Moodle and he might know better what the strategy for replacement is.
+20:09:25 <mudrd8mz> AFAIK a solution based on OAuth2 or something similar is considered
+20:09:50 <anitsirk> #info mnet replacement is not #1 issue for Moodle HQ but Jérôme Mouneyrac from Moodle HQ, the officer in charge for web services, may know more.
+20:10:09 <mudrd8mz> Moodle is not going to drop MNet without having a working solution for Mahara integration available, for sure
+20:10:32 <anitsirk> #info by mudrd8mz: Moodle is not going to drop MNet without having a working solution for Mahara integration available, for sure
+20:11:14 <richardm> ok cool, so we all can agree that we don't delay the release for mnet, and hopefully we'll get more information on the moodle plans in the next month or two
+20:11:23 <anitsirk> would anyone volunteer talking to Moodle HQ?
+20:11:30 <mudrd8mz> richardm: +1
+20:11:41 <anitsirk> +1
+20:11:55 <dobedobedoh> richardm: +1
+20:12:53 <anitsirk> #agreed mahara 1.5 is released as planned and a solution is investigated for the moodle hq drop of mnet for future versions
+20:13:09 <dobedobedoh> Thanks mudrd8mz :)
+20:13:17 <rkabalin1> +1
+20:13:23 <richardm> cool, thanks mudrd8mz
+20:13:28 <richardm> fmarier will be happy
+20:13:32 <anitsirk> yeah. thanks, mudrd8mz
+20:13:45 <anitsirk> not just fmarier i reckon :-)
+20:13:58 <mudrd8mz> was pleasure, thanks guys. hopefully I'll get a chance to work in the integration if these two lovable products. bye!
+20:14:11 <anitsirk> any volunteers for talking to moodle hq?
+20:14:12 <hugh_home> cya, thanks for talking
+20:14:12 <mudrd8mz> *on the ... *of these
+20:15:19 <mudrd8mz> tip: Dan Poltawski is moving to AU and he will work in Moodle HQ. He has pretty much involvment in Mahara does he
+20:15:31 <anitsirk> ok. i guess, i'll try to find a volunteer later.
+20:15:54 <dobedobedoh> Ah good point...
+20:16:04 <anitsirk> dobedobedoh and rkabalin1: do you know if dan will still be involved in mahara?
+20:16:10 <dobedobedoh> He plans to be
+20:16:14 <rkabalin1> yep
+20:16:14 <anitsirk> :-)
+20:16:21 <dobedobedoh> Since his evenings will probably be less filled with moodle
+20:16:28 <mudrd8mz> :-)
+20:16:51 <rkabalin1> or may be even more, you never know
+20:17:05 <anitsirk> alright. is there anything else to discuss on this topic? i have the feeling we covered it well thanks to mudrd8mz insight.
+20:17:21 <rkabalin1> yep, thanks mudrd8mz
+20:17:41 <bugg_home> Sorry I'm late
+20:17:55 <anzeljg> hi
+20:18:00 <anitsirk> hi anzeljg and bugg_home
+20:18:12 <anitsirk> ok. doesn't seem like there's anything else on the mnet topic.
+20:18:32 <anitsirk> now, i don't see elky and haven't had a response from her yet, so i assume she can't make it today.
+20:18:40 <anitsirk> then there are only two more items.
+20:18:53 <anitsirk> #topic Next meeting and chair
+20:18:53 <anitsirk> suggestion: March 20 at 7:30 a.m. UTC http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120320T0730
+20:18:53 <anitsirk> Meeting in only 4 weeks time might be too short as we'll be busy working on getting the release for 1.5 under way.
+20:19:15 <anitsirk> seeing as we are already pretty much at the beginning of february...
+20:19:42 <rkabalin1> sounds good to me
+20:20:22 <hugh_home> wfm
+20:20:23 <dobedobedoh> sounds good to me
+20:20:25 <richardm> #agreed sounds good to me too
+20:20:29 <anitsirk> John_____, gerry_ and Beth_ : this time wouldn't be good at all for you guys, but finding a time for EU, US and NZ is difficult and we usually alter the "less favorable time" from meeting to meeting.
+20:21:02 <Beth_> Thanks Kristina - that's fine.
+20:21:09 <anitsirk> thanks.
+20:21:25 <anitsirk> #agreed the 15th Mahara developer meeting will take place on March 20 at 7:30 a.m. UTC http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120320T0730
+20:21:35 <anitsirk> so who wants to volunteer for chair duty? :-)
+20:22:05 <anitsirk> if i remember correctly, elky and bugg_home wanted to when it was evening in nz ;-)
+20:22:25 <bugg_home> yes...
+20:22:40 <anitsirk> so. what say you?
+20:22:42 <bugg_home> As you can see, I'm not at making these NZ morning meetings ;)
+20:22:47 <bugg_home> not good*
+20:22:57 <anitsirk> but the next one would be 8:30 p.m. for us
+20:22:59 <bugg_home> also apparently lacking in function
+20:23:36 <bugg_home> Sure, I'll do it
+20:23:42 <anitsirk> great. thank you. sold.
+20:24:13 <anitsirk> #info bugg_home will chair the next meeting. you can find more info about your duties at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties
+20:24:14 <rkabalin1> anitsirk is selling chair duties?
+20:24:19 <rkabalin1> :D
+20:24:40 <anitsirk> ;-)
+20:24:44 <anitsirk> ok. last item:
+20:24:52 <anitsirk> #topic Any other business
+20:24:59 <anzeljg> I've got two
+20:25:06 <anitsirk> go ahead, anzeljg
+20:25:15 <anzeljg> First things first...
+20:25:49 <anzeljg> I wanted to merge skin support with latest mahara core, but was unable to do so, because had to fix europass plugin first.
+20:26:06 <anzeljg> So I'm asking if there would be enough time to merge it anyway.
+20:26:36 <anitsirk> #idea anzeljg would like to see skin support in mahara 1.5 and asks if there's still enough time.
+20:26:40 <anzeljg> I'll be needing two-three weeks, since I have to finnish skin live preview and have to think the new way of selecting skins....
+20:26:41 <anzeljg> ..
+20:27:20 <anitsirk> anzeljg: we discussed the freeze today and the soft one is today (febr. 1) and the hard one in a week. did you finish the dev work so that it's ready to go into review?
+20:27:32 <anitsirk> oops. sorry. didn't see your earlier line.
+20:27:57 <anitsirk> 2-3 weeks would exclude reviews
+20:28:00 <anzeljg> maybe, if i hurry, i could do it in a week - keep you posted
+20:28:21 <richardm> anzeljg: There won't be time, we're wanting to stop putting new big features in from tomorrow.
+20:28:43 <anzeljg> ok, so let's merge it after the release of 1.5 then?
+20:28:54 <anitsirk> it can be a very cool big feature for 1.6 :-)
+20:29:14 <anzeljg> so, you've said for the 1.3 and 1.4 if memory serves ;)
+20:29:24 <dobedobedoh> I really think we shoudl start to get some of these features in to 1.6 and to do so first
+20:29:29 <dobedobedoh> Same goes for isolated institutions
+20:29:45 <anzeljg> agree
+20:29:54 <dobedobedoh> We developed that for 1.2 and have updated it a couple of times with the hope of getting it in
+20:30:01 <richardm> Yeah, I agree it's frustrating.
+20:30:29 <richardm> The good thing now is at least we have a pretty robust process (gerrit) for getting new stuff in.
+20:30:49 <richardm> Admittedly it's a fairly high barrier for non-git-users!
+20:31:54 * bugg_home needs to find time to get back to reviewing mahara stuff
+20:32:40 <anitsirk> anzeljg: as you will be finishing it soon, it can go into review for master early on in the release cycle and thus chances are increased that it becomes a core feature. it's not just the initial dev work but also the reviews and then implementing the suggestions / necessary changes that take time.
+20:32:48 <richardm> I think the thing with these big features like skins & isolated institutions is that it's hard to find the time to break them down into easily reviewable patches
+20:33:31 <richardm> pxh and i have been having the same struggle with webservices
+20:33:33 <dobedobedoh> Yeah - and that can be where gerrit falls down slightly
+20:36:09 <anitsirk> #idea: anzeljg finishes the skins support and submits it for review for mahara 1.6 early in the release cycle.
+20:36:18 <anzeljg> fine
+20:36:20 <anzeljg> The other think, which I think is even more important for average user than skins are repositories of external (cloud) services - files.
+20:36:27 <anzeljg> I think we should support that in Mahara because:
+20:36:33 <anzeljg> 1. Moodle uses it
+20:36:37 <anitsirk> there was a discussion forum on that. let me find it
+20:36:42 <anzeljg> 2. I was thinking of doing it - supoort for GoogleDocs, Dropbox and Windows Live SkyDrive
+20:36:49 <anzeljg> 3. There is demand for it, see:
+20:36:55 <anzeljg> #link http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4327
+20:36:57 <dobedobedoh> We've also had local demand for it
+20:37:02 <anzeljg> #link http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4331
+20:37:08 <anzeljg> I think they should reside in "repository" folder to separate them from artefacts and blocktypes
+20:37:15 <anzeljg> Any thoughts?
+20:37:17 <anzeljg> ..
+20:37:31 <dobedobedoh> I'd love to have it
+20:37:50 <hugh_home> sounds great!
+20:38:44 <anitsirk> pxh had already looked into skydrive support and the solution that was preferred involved a heck of a lot of work. so this would be a huge feature.
+20:39:08 <bugg_home> sounds like a good idea. would you be wanting to implement in a similar fashion to moodle's repository system?
+20:39:31 <anitsirk> which some people grumble about...
+20:39:32 <anzeljg> don't know...
+20:39:39 <anzeljg> currently it is just an idea.
+20:39:55 <anitsirk> the important thing for repositories in mahara is that there would be no storage space needed on mahara. so files shouldn't be copied.
+20:40:53 <bugg_home> heh, moodle's repo system is awfully restrictive
+20:41:05 <anitsirk> anzeljg: do you want to think about it more after you finish skin support and draw up an initial spec?
+20:41:12 <anzeljg> ok
+20:41:22 <richardm> a spec would be great
+20:41:32 <bugg_home> I'd originally wanted to write the kaltura plugins with a repository, but that was impossible.
+20:41:39 <anitsirk> cool. :-) i'll not make it an action item for the next meeting though but put it onto the wiki,
+20:41:42 <anitsirk> ..
+20:42:21 <anzeljg> that's all from me.
+20:42:32 <anitsirk> any other business?
+20:42:58 <anitsirk> then just one quick one from me: there are going to be a few mahara conferences this year:
+20:43:16 <dobedobedoh> yes - I'm organising MaharaUK
+20:43:19 <anitsirk> mahara fr in june, mahara uk, mahoodlemoot at purchase in NY and probably a few more.
+20:43:44 <bugg_home> none local to us in NZ? :(
+20:43:54 <anitsirk> if you have the dates for these, please advertise early and let us know. you can also put them on the wiki including links to presentations.
+20:44:23 <anitsirk> haven't planned anything so far.
+20:44:42 <dobedobedoh> Mahara UK will be on the 3rd July in Lancaster, UK
+20:44:50 <anitsirk> the next mahara newsletter will come out on april 1 and should also include any dates for these conferences.
+20:44:53 <dobedobedoh> I'm hoping that we'll have a technical/developer half day on the 2nd July
+20:45:07 <anitsirk> will you have a CFP, dobedobedoh?
+20:45:18 <dobedobedoh> CFP?
+20:45:37 <dobedobedoh> ah yes
+20:45:40 <anitsirk> the MUG (Mahara User Group) also put in a proposal for the big AAEEBL ePortfolio conference in mid-July.
+20:45:40 <dobedobedoh> That'll be going up soon
+20:45:42 <anitsirk> Call for Papers
+20:45:56 <anitsirk> great.
+20:46:01 <anitsirk> that's it from me.
+20:46:16 <anitsirk> anything else?
+20:47:08 <anitsirk> alright. then i guess we are done for today. thanks a lot to all of you for attending.
+20:47:11 <anitsirk> #endmeeting
+ diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..fc56710b7d9162ed1cbebb627c0e1b82f80dfd5b --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.txt @@ -0,0 +1,270 @@ +19:33:27 #startmeeting +19:33:27 Meeting started Tue Jan 31 19:33:27 2012 UTC. The chair is anitsirk. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. +19:33:27 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic. +19:33:34 Good morning, afternoon and evening. Welcome to the 14th Mahara developer meeting. +19:33:34 Please state your IRC nickname and name (and organization you work for and location) with a #info at the beginning of the line. +19:33:35 #info anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ +19:33:58 'info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Limited, Lancaster, UK +19:34:00 #info richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wgtn NZ +19:34:00 #info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Limited, Lancaster, UK +19:34:06 #info rkabalin is Ruslan Kabalin, LUNS Ltd., Lancaster, UK +19:34:11 #info hugh_home is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wgtn NZ +19:34:48 hi gerry_. we just started with the introductions, please state your name and location prefixed with #info +19:35:11 As we are all busy, I'd like to propose that we limit our meeting to a maximum of 2 hours. With only 3 big agenda items that might seem like a lot. Therefore, let's see if we can tackle everything even in about 1 hour allowing about 20 min for each of the big items. I'll keep an eye on the watch. +19:35:22 We didn't have any action items open from our last meeting. So we can go right into the new items. :-) +19:35:23 #info John Pace University, NY +19:35:25 #ino Gerry Pauline, Pace University, Mgr, Applications Development +19:35:49 Hi John_____ and gerry_ great to see you here. :-) +19:35:59 Please keep in mind that when you have a long statement broken up over several lines, please put .. on a separate line when you are done. +19:36:02 .. +19:36:18 as elky is not here yet, i think, we'll start with richardm +19:36:20 #topic Freeze date for the 1.5 release (richardm) +19:36:26 go ahead, richardm +19:36:48 So we proposed 1 Feb at the last meeting for the date when we stop putting new features in for 1.5 +19:37:34 #idea: feature freeze for mahara 1.5 (not release date!) on february 1, 2012 +19:37:58 Does anyone have any objections to that? +19:38:10 Seems fine to me +19:38:18 hello Beth_ :-) +19:38:26 It's not really supposed to be a hard date, exactly, we can still put through most of what's in the pipeline +19:38:37 that's today for you guys? +19:38:56 Yeah +19:39:01 I agree, freexing on Feb 1st is fine with me +19:39:07 #info Beth from Pace University, NY +19:39:13 I don't think we'd be looking at branching yet +19:39:41 More that people keep new features in their own branches for a while & stop putting new large features into gerrit +19:40:03 We still have quite a few bugs to fix as well +19:40:05 It's a shame we have't gotten more done on the unit testing, but most of the infrastructure is in place for doing so in the future +19:40:26 hmmm, why not branching freeze? +19:40:53 well we could do that, but it's easier if we can fix the remaining bugs on one branch +19:41:10 which will allow not to restrict master from any sort of features +19:41:20 Yeah when a new feature is imminent, we'll have to branch anyway +19:41:40 are you currently working on any features, dobedobedoh and rkabalin1 that you'd like to get into 1.5? +19:41:55 freezing by branching is a good practice IMHO, for 1.4 fmarier created the branch AFAIK +19:41:56 fmarier made a list of bugs he thought should definitely go in, and others that could be delayed to 1.6 +19:42:22 no - nothing at present +19:42:29 richardm: are these the three bugs that are on the agenda? +19:42:44 yeah https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-01-31 +19:43:06 I have been working on that user icons enhancement, but not sure if I will complete it soon +19:43:24 I haven't had a good look through them yet, but there are many more bugs than that for 1.5, so i assume he just listed big features +19:43:39 yes, looks like it. +19:43:49 IIRC they're to upgrade third-party libs +19:44:41 I did find it slightly frustrating waiting for MOODLE_22_STABLE to appear when 2.2 came out in moodle, but I survived, and I'm not working on anything mahara-wise atm +19:46:04 richardm: you said it doesn't have to be a hard date. would there be a timeframe then for when there'll be a hard date so that work can begin on the release candidate or is that not necessary? +19:46:04 The one with crypt algorithm should definitely go to 1.5, it is reviewed and all green, no idea why hugh_home have not committed it yet (I am about bug #843568) +19:46:06 Launchpad bug 843568 in mahara "Stored passwords with a stronger hash algorithm" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/843568 - Assigned to Hugh Davenport (hugh-catalyst) +19:46:46 anitsirk: I'm thinking we could save a bit of hassle by knocking a few more bugs on the head in the next few days, then branching after that +19:47:10 ah that one, i thought one of them was only +1, so was waiting for someoen else to look at it +19:47:13 checking now +19:47:16 a few days sounds good. :-) +19:47:25 rkabalin1: Cool, let's put it in, not sure why fmarier put it on his list +19:47:57 Personally I think most of the things that are done or almost done should go in 1.5 +19:49:00 are we then agreed that we have the feature freeze on february 1, 2012 (let's make it 00:00 UTC) and that it is a soft one with a few extra days to finish features that are almost done? +19:49:38 Yep, and everyone needs to check the status of their favorite bugs on the tracker +19:49:54 sounds good +19:50:30 #action everyone check the status on their favorite tracker items to see if they can still be included in 1.5 before the freeze +19:50:32 I'd really quite like #920141 to hit 1.5.0 so that we can write UTs for 1.5.1 and 1.6 from the start +19:50:38 but I've not had enough time to properly look atit +19:50:44 sorry, bug 920141 +19:50:46 Launchpad bug 920141 in mahara "Remove tests entry from .gitignore" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/920141 - Assigned to Andrew Nicols (dobedobedoh) +19:50:47 sorry, bug #920141 +19:51:42 May be we need to focus on revision these days, to complete at least those things that are +1 in gerrit +19:51:57 dobedobedoh: just have a look at it in the next few days, i think it'd be good to go in too +19:52:16 richardm: cool +19:52:30 rkabalin1: yes, getting things finished in the reviews would be great. +19:52:46 would you have time to help there? +19:53:01 dobedobedoh: it's already in gerrit :) +19:53:04 perhaps :) +19:54:14 so i guess it is also: go through the reviews and see which ones you can review that are already close to finish. +19:54:51 good idea +19:54:55 #action: everyone check the status of the items already in review and help with reviewing them to get them ready for 1.5 +19:55:40 back to my earlier question: are we agreed to have the soft freeze in a few hours? only hugh_home voiced his +1 i think. +19:56:26 would be noon our time right? +19:56:41 ehm 1 p.m. i think +19:56:44 maybe a bit longer, so we have time to do status checking? and a few reviews? +19:57:08 would that be necessary if it is more of a soft freeze that richardm suggested? +19:57:10 would 5pm kiwi time work better for you guys? +19:57:12 yeah i think it's still a bit early to decide on the hard date, but maybe we should aim for 1 week's time? +19:57:26 oh, soft freeze is fbm +19:57:39 richardm: sounds good to me +19:57:52 richardm: 1 week is fine +19:59:17 last chance to object ;-) +19:59:46 #agreed soft feature freeze for mahara 1.5 on february 1, 2012 (00:00 UTC) and hard freeze is planned for february 8, 2012 to give a few extra days to finish features that are almost done and to go through the items already in review +20:00:06 alright. richardm do you want to continue with your next item? +20:00:22 sure +20:00:24 #topic MNet removal from Moodle 2.3 (richardm) +20:00:47 this is really something fmarier wanted discussed +20:00:57 but he can't be here today +20:01:03 From what I understand, it's not actually going to happen in the way that Martin originally suggested +20:01:15 we're not going to have webservices in 1.5, so no mnet replacement will be available +20:01:59 but web services would still be available as plugin for 1.5, right? +20:02:11 dobedobedoh: so the next moodle won't have mnet completely removed? +20:02:29 correct +20:02:37 ah that's good news. +20:02:39 anitsirk: yes, it's already a plugin for 1.5, but it's not able to be a replacement for mnet yet +20:02:58 At least, that's the way I understand it - this man may know otherewise +20:02:58 dobedobedoh: have you been talking to martin about mnet? +20:02:58 * mudrd8mz yawns +20:03:14 Not martin, but it came up when I was working on some mnet bugs a while ago +20:03:34 hi mudrd8mz +20:03:40 murdd8mz: we're discussing the impending doom of mnet (https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-01-31) +20:03:43 hi everybody. I'm David Mudrak from Moodle HQ. I've been playing with MNet in Moodle for a while +20:04:01 * mudrd8mz rapid reading the page +20:04:04 #info mudrd8mz is David Mudrak from Moodle HQ +20:04:06 http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.txt - may give some more info +20:04:52 mudrd8mz: fmarier just wanted to suggest we don't delay the next mahara release to rush in a replacement for mnet +20:05:23 instead we leave it for the release after, and try to do a more complete job :) +20:05:50 what's the suggested milestone for the release? +20:05:54 #idea finish mahara 1.5 with mnet and then look for a replacement after the release +20:06:20 yep that's the plan +20:07:15 mudrd8mz: We're going into soft freeze tomorrow, and hard freeze is planned for 1 week +20:07:30 1.6 wouldn't be out for another 6-9 months is my guess? +20:07:52 oh, ok. no need to delay it just because of MNet, for sure +20:07:58 something like that. if we look into mnet removal that timeframe might even be tight. +20:08:10 it might delay a few sites upgrading their moodles straight away, but i don't think it's a big deal compared to the moodle->moodle problems people will have +20:08:26 mudrd8mz: do you have any more info on mnet in moodle 2.3? +20:08:37 from what I know from Moodle road map, MNet replacement is not really #1 issue. Although Jérôme Mouneyrac from Moodle HQ is the officer in charge for web services in Moodle and he might know better what the strategy for replacement is. +20:09:25 AFAIK a solution based on OAuth2 or something similar is considered +20:09:50 #info mnet replacement is not #1 issue for Moodle HQ but Jérôme Mouneyrac from Moodle HQ, the officer in charge for web services, may know more. +20:10:09 Moodle is not going to drop MNet without having a working solution for Mahara integration available, for sure +20:10:32 #info by mudrd8mz: Moodle is not going to drop MNet without having a working solution for Mahara integration available, for sure +20:11:14 ok cool, so we all can agree that we don't delay the release for mnet, and hopefully we'll get more information on the moodle plans in the next month or two +20:11:23 would anyone volunteer talking to Moodle HQ? +20:11:30 richardm: +1 +20:11:41 +1 +20:11:55 richardm: +1 +20:12:53 #agreed mahara 1.5 is released as planned and a solution is investigated for the moodle hq drop of mnet for future versions +20:13:09 Thanks mudrd8mz :) +20:13:17 +1 +20:13:23 cool, thanks mudrd8mz +20:13:28 fmarier will be happy +20:13:32 yeah. thanks, mudrd8mz +20:13:45 not just fmarier i reckon :-) +20:13:58 was pleasure, thanks guys. hopefully I'll get a chance to work in the integration if these two lovable products. bye! +20:14:11 any volunteers for talking to moodle hq? +20:14:12 cya, thanks for talking +20:14:12 *on the ... *of these +20:15:19 tip: Dan Poltawski is moving to AU and he will work in Moodle HQ. He has pretty much involvment in Mahara does he +20:15:31 ok. i guess, i'll try to find a volunteer later. +20:15:54 Ah good point... +20:16:04 dobedobedoh and rkabalin1: do you know if dan will still be involved in mahara? +20:16:10 He plans to be +20:16:14 yep +20:16:14 :-) +20:16:21 Since his evenings will probably be less filled with moodle +20:16:28 :-) +20:16:51 or may be even more, you never know +20:17:05 alright. is there anything else to discuss on this topic? i have the feeling we covered it well thanks to mudrd8mz insight. +20:17:21 yep, thanks mudrd8mz +20:17:41 Sorry I'm late +20:17:55 hi +20:18:00 hi anzeljg and bugg_home +20:18:12 ok. doesn't seem like there's anything else on the mnet topic. +20:18:32 now, i don't see elky and haven't had a response from her yet, so i assume she can't make it today. +20:18:40 then there are only two more items. +20:18:53 #topic Next meeting and chair +20:18:53 suggestion: March 20 at 7:30 a.m. UTC http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120320T0730 +20:18:53 Meeting in only 4 weeks time might be too short as we'll be busy working on getting the release for 1.5 under way. +20:19:15 seeing as we are already pretty much at the beginning of february... +20:19:42 sounds good to me +20:20:22 wfm +20:20:23 sounds good to me +20:20:25 #agreed sounds good to me too +20:20:29 John_____, gerry_ and Beth_ : this time wouldn't be good at all for you guys, but finding a time for EU, US and NZ is difficult and we usually alter the "less favorable time" from meeting to meeting. +20:21:02 Thanks Kristina - that's fine. +20:21:09 thanks. +20:21:25 #agreed the 15th Mahara developer meeting will take place on March 20 at 7:30 a.m. UTC http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120320T0730 +20:21:35 so who wants to volunteer for chair duty? :-) +20:22:05 if i remember correctly, elky and bugg_home wanted to when it was evening in nz ;-) +20:22:25 yes... +20:22:40 so. what say you? +20:22:42 As you can see, I'm not at making these NZ morning meetings ;) +20:22:47 not good* +20:22:57 but the next one would be 8:30 p.m. for us +20:22:59 also apparently lacking in function +20:23:36 Sure, I'll do it +20:23:42 great. thank you. sold. +20:24:13 #info bugg_home will chair the next meeting. you can find more info about your duties at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties +20:24:14 anitsirk is selling chair duties? +20:24:19 :D +20:24:40 ;-) +20:24:44 ok. last item: +20:24:52 #topic Any other business +20:24:59 I've got two +20:25:06 go ahead, anzeljg +20:25:15 First things first... +20:25:49 I wanted to merge skin support with latest mahara core, but was unable to do so, because had to fix europass plugin first. +20:26:06 So I'm asking if there would be enough time to merge it anyway. +20:26:36 #idea anzeljg would like to see skin support in mahara 1.5 and asks if there's still enough time. +20:26:40 I'll be needing two-three weeks, since I have to finnish skin live preview and have to think the new way of selecting skins.... +20:26:41 .. +20:27:20 anzeljg: we discussed the freeze today and the soft one is today (febr. 1) and the hard one in a week. did you finish the dev work so that it's ready to go into review? +20:27:32 oops. sorry. didn't see your earlier line. +20:27:57 2-3 weeks would exclude reviews +20:28:00 maybe, if i hurry, i could do it in a week - keep you posted +20:28:21 anzeljg: There won't be time, we're wanting to stop putting new big features in from tomorrow. +20:28:43 ok, so let's merge it after the release of 1.5 then? +20:28:54 it can be a very cool big feature for 1.6 :-) +20:29:14 so, you've said for the 1.3 and 1.4 if memory serves ;) +20:29:24 I really think we shoudl start to get some of these features in to 1.6 and to do so first +20:29:29 Same goes for isolated institutions +20:29:45 agree +20:29:54 We developed that for 1.2 and have updated it a couple of times with the hope of getting it in +20:30:01 Yeah, I agree it's frustrating. +20:30:29 The good thing now is at least we have a pretty robust process (gerrit) for getting new stuff in. +20:30:49 Admittedly it's a fairly high barrier for non-git-users! +20:31:54 * bugg_home needs to find time to get back to reviewing mahara stuff +20:32:40 anzeljg: as you will be finishing it soon, it can go into review for master early on in the release cycle and thus chances are increased that it becomes a core feature. it's not just the initial dev work but also the reviews and then implementing the suggestions / necessary changes that take time. +20:32:48 I think the thing with these big features like skins & isolated institutions is that it's hard to find the time to break them down into easily reviewable patches +20:33:31 pxh and i have been having the same struggle with webservices +20:33:33 Yeah - and that can be where gerrit falls down slightly +20:36:09 #idea: anzeljg finishes the skins support and submits it for review for mahara 1.6 early in the release cycle. +20:36:18 fine +20:36:20 The other think, which I think is even more important for average user than skins are repositories of external (cloud) services - files. +20:36:27 I think we should support that in Mahara because: +20:36:33 1. Moodle uses it +20:36:37 there was a discussion forum on that. let me find it +20:36:42 2. I was thinking of doing it - supoort for GoogleDocs, Dropbox and Windows Live SkyDrive +20:36:49 3. There is demand for it, see: +20:36:55 #link http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4327 +20:36:57 We've also had local demand for it +20:37:02 #link http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4331 +20:37:08 I think they should reside in "repository" folder to separate them from artefacts and blocktypes +20:37:15 Any thoughts? +20:37:17 .. +20:37:31 I'd love to have it +20:37:50 sounds great! +20:38:44 pxh had already looked into skydrive support and the solution that was preferred involved a heck of a lot of work. so this would be a huge feature. +20:39:08 sounds like a good idea. would you be wanting to implement in a similar fashion to moodle's repository system? +20:39:31 which some people grumble about... +20:39:32 don't know... +20:39:39 currently it is just an idea. +20:39:55 the important thing for repositories in mahara is that there would be no storage space needed on mahara. so files shouldn't be copied. +20:40:53 heh, moodle's repo system is awfully restrictive +20:41:05 anzeljg: do you want to think about it more after you finish skin support and draw up an initial spec? +20:41:12 ok +20:41:22 a spec would be great +20:41:32 I'd originally wanted to write the kaltura plugins with a repository, but that was impossible. +20:41:39 cool. :-) i'll not make it an action item for the next meeting though but put it onto the wiki, +20:41:42 .. +20:42:21 that's all from me. +20:42:32 any other business? +20:42:58 then just one quick one from me: there are going to be a few mahara conferences this year: +20:43:16 yes - I'm organising MaharaUK +20:43:19 mahara fr in june, mahara uk, mahoodlemoot at purchase in NY and probably a few more. +20:43:44 none local to us in NZ? :( +20:43:54 if you have the dates for these, please advertise early and let us know. you can also put them on the wiki including links to presentations. +20:44:23 haven't planned anything so far. +20:44:42 Mahara UK will be on the 3rd July in Lancaster, UK +20:44:50 the next mahara newsletter will come out on april 1 and should also include any dates for these conferences. +20:44:53 I'm hoping that we'll have a technical/developer half day on the 2nd July +20:45:07 will you have a CFP, dobedobedoh? +20:45:18 CFP? +20:45:37 ah yes +20:45:40 the MUG (Mahara User Group) also put in a proposal for the big AAEEBL ePortfolio conference in mid-July. +20:45:40 That'll be going up soon +20:45:42 Call for Papers +20:45:56 great. +20:46:01 that's it from me. +20:46:16 anything else? +20:47:08 alright. then i guess we are done for today. thanks a lot to all of you for attending. +20:47:11 #endmeeting \ No newline at end of file diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..0f9fafe1c33a6298788e7e5b41776742ec816f6d --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.txt @@ -0,0 +1,125 @@ +=================== +#mahara-dev Meeting +=================== + + +Meeting started by anitsirk at 19:33:27 UTC. The full logs are available +at +http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.html +. + + + +Meeting summary +--------------- +* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ (anitsirk, + 19:33:35) +* richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wgtn NZ (richardm, + 19:34:00) +* dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Limited, Lancaster, UK + (dobedobedoh, 19:34:00) +* rkabalin is Ruslan Kabalin, LUNS Ltd., Lancaster, UK (rkabalin1, + 19:34:06) +* hugh_home is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wgtn NZ (hugh_home, + 19:34:11) +* John Pace University, NY (John_____, 19:35:23) +* Freeze date for the 1.5 release (richardm) (anitsirk, 19:36:20) + * IDEA: : feature freeze for mahara 1.5 (not release date!) on + february 1, 2012 (anitsirk, 19:37:34) + * Beth from Pace University, NY (Beth_, 19:39:07) + * ACTION: everyone check the status on their favorite tracker items to + see if they can still be included in 1.5 before the freeze + (anitsirk, 19:50:30) + * ACTION: : everyone check the status of the items already in review + and help with reviewing them to get them ready for 1.5 (anitsirk, + 19:54:55) + * AGREED: soft feature freeze for mahara 1.5 on february 1, 2012 + (00:00 UTC) and hard freeze is planned for february 8, 2012 to give + a few extra days to finish features that are almost done and to go + through the items already in review (anitsirk, 19:59:46) + +* MNet removal from Moodle 2.3 (richardm) (anitsirk, 20:00:24) + * mudrd8mz is David Mudrak from Moodle HQ (anitsirk, 20:04:04) + * LINK: + http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-01-31-19.33.log.txt + - may give some more info (dobedobedoh, 20:04:06) + * IDEA: finish mahara 1.5 with mnet and then look for a replacement + after the release (anitsirk, 20:05:54) + * mnet replacement is not #1 issue for Moodle HQ but Jérôme Mouneyrac + from Moodle HQ, the officer in charge for web services, may know + more. (anitsirk, 20:09:50) + * by mudrd8mz: Moodle is not going to drop MNet without having a + working solution for Mahara integration available, for sure + (anitsirk, 20:10:32) + * AGREED: mahara 1.5 is released as planned and a solution is + investigated for the moodle hq drop of mnet for future versions + (anitsirk, 20:12:53) + +* Next meeting and chair (anitsirk, 20:18:53) + * AGREED: the 15th Mahara developer meeting will take place on March + 20 at 7:30 a.m. UTC + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120320T0730 + (anitsirk, 20:21:25) + * bugg_home will chair the next meeting. you can find more info about + your duties at + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties + (anitsirk, 20:24:13) + +* Any other business (anitsirk, 20:24:52) + * IDEA: anzeljg would like to see skin support in mahara 1.5 and asks + if there's still enough time. (anitsirk, 20:26:36) + * IDEA: : anzeljg finishes the skins support and submits it for review + for mahara 1.6 early in the release cycle. (anitsirk, 20:36:09) + * LINK: http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4327 + (anzeljg, 20:36:55) + * LINK: http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4331 + (anzeljg, 20:37:02) + +Meeting ended at 20:47:11 UTC. + + + + +Action Items +------------ +* everyone check the status on their favorite tracker items to see if + they can still be included in 1.5 before the freeze +* : everyone check the status of the items already in review and help + with reviewing them to get them ready for 1.5 + + + + +Action Items, by person +----------------------- +* **UNASSIGNED** + * everyone check the status on their favorite tracker items to see if + they can still be included in 1.5 before the freeze + * : everyone check the status of the items already in review and help + with reviewing them to get them ready for 1.5 + + + + +People Present (lines said) +--------------------------- +* anitsirk (104) +* richardm (40) +* dobedobedoh (40) +* anzeljg (26) +* rkabalin1 (17) +* mudrd8mz (13) +* hugh_home (11) +* bugg_home (11) +* Beth_ (2) +* maharameet (2) +* maharabot (2) +* gerry_ (1) +* John_____ (1) + + + + +Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 + +.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot