Commit 5cc8808a authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 29th June 2011

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew.nicols@luns.net.uk>
parent fb8bfbb2
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev Meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev Meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by lamiette_ at 19:35:46 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Meeting Attendees</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-4'>lamiette_</a>, 19:35:54)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-5'>dobedobedoh</a>,
19:36:31)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst IT
in Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-6'>anitsirk</a>,
19:36:36)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">rkabalin_ is Ruslan Kabalin, LUNS Ltd.,
Lancaster, UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-7'>rkabalin_</a>,
19:36:46)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">richardm is Richard Mansfield from Catalyst IT
in Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-8'>richardm</a>,
19:36:52)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">lamiette_ is Stacey Walker from Catalyst IT in
Brighton UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-9'>lamiette_</a>,
19:37:02)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">hughdavenport_ho is Hugh Davenport from
Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-10'>hughdavenport_ho</a>,
19:37:06)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">dan_p_ is Dan Poltawski, LUNS ltd uk (on
train)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-13'>dan_p_</a>,
19:37:24)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">thomaswbell88 is Thomas Bell from TDM Ltd,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-14'>thomaswbell88</a>,
19:37:28)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">is Francois Marier</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-16'>fmarier_</a>,
19:37:30)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">bugg_home is Brett Wilkinsa from Catalyst IT in
Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-17'>bugg_home</a>,
19:37:30)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">ricardomano is Richard Hand from TDM Ltd,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-19'>ricardomano</a>,
19:37:43)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">pxh is Piers Harding from Catalyst IT in
Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-28'>pxh</a>,
19:40:06)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">MNet future -- We're adding Web Services to 1.5</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-49'>lamiette_</a>, 19:43:31)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-51'>fmarier_</a>,
19:43:43)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">pxh has writtten a web services framework,
based on the Moodle 2.0 web services Further information at
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-95'>lamiette_</a>,
19:57:36)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">pxh&gt; features are: SOAP, REST (really just
basic HTTP post parameters or JSON), and XML-RPC</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-99'>lamiette_</a>,
19:59:00)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Auth via WSEE for SOAP, as well as the
tokens/users (as mentioned before)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-100'>lamiette_</a>,
19:59:14)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://gitorious.org/mahara-contrib/artefact-webservice">https://gitorious.org/mahara-contrib/artefact-webservice</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-112'>lamiette_</a>,
20:02:38)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">available as a contrib plugin</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-113'>lamiette_</a>,
20:02:53)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">we have to start thinking about Mnet stuff:
largely due to this from Moodle HQ
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=175158</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-125'>lamiette_</a>,
20:06:14)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Bug status proposal</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-129'>lamiette_</a>, 20:06:58)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">milestones have been used for marking bugs to
upcoming releases and as for a changelog/detailed version of the
release notes</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-140'>lamiette_</a>,
20:12:12)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">fmarier_ to
update the bug status page with new "milestone" usage
guidelines</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-185'>lamiette_</a>,
20:22:45)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">every new feature on master should have a bug
report associated with it</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-204'>lamiette_</a>,
20:25:18)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">reviewers to be stricter about suitable bug
numbers for features submitted to gerrit - isn't mandatory
though</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-241'>lamiette_</a>,
20:32:02)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">MaharaUK2011</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-243'>lamiette_</a>, 20:32:31)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">LUNS and TDM have both offered to host
maharauk, so we've suggested that 12 is in Lancaster, hosted by LUNS
and 13 is in the West Midlands, hosted by TDM</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-251'>lamiette_</a>,
20:34:58)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html">http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-283'>fmarier_</a>,
20:40:17)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">There was also talk about some entity hosting
online 'conferences' inbetween during the year (webinar type
things)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-286'>lamiette_</a>,
20:40:55)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">twitter hashtag #maharauk11 for anyone
interested in seeing what attendees had to say</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-292'>lamiette_</a>,
20:42:20)</span></li>
<li><a href="http://t.co/dFHqjYX">http://t.co/dFHqjYX</a> - Git in
Mahara <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-293'>dobedobedoh</a>,
20:42:39)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations">http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations</a>
- both my presentations <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-294'>rkabalin_</a>,
20:43:00)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations">http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-296'>lamiette_</a>,
20:43:29)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.slideshare.net/andrewnicols/presentations">http://www.slideshare.net/andrewnicols/presentations</a>
for mine <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-297'>dobedobedoh</a>,
20:44:10)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.slideshare.net/4nitsirk/21-34-ways-to-get-involved-in-mahara">http://www.slideshare.net/4nitsirk/21-34-ways-to-get-involved-in-mahara</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-300'>anitsirk</a>,
20:44:28)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbz9vST0CLw">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbz9vST0CLw</a>
recording <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-305'>anitsirk</a>,
20:45:01)</span></li>
<li><a href="Mark">Mark</a> Osbornes keynote
http://prezi.com/dubgzzefzioj/maharauk-open-for-learning/ <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-307'>lamiette_</a>,
20:45:45)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Mahara Reviewer applications#</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-310'>lamiette_</a>, 20:46:05)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">Hugh Davenport Mahara reviewer
application</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-326'>lamiette_</a>,
20:48:33)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Brett Wilkins Mahara reviewer
application</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-327'>lamiette_</a>,
20:48:49)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Darryl Hamilton Mahara reviewer
application</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-331'>lamiette_</a>,
20:49:26)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">lordp is Darryl Hamilton</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-333'>lordp</a>,
20:49:38)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2010/mahara-dev.2010-11-10-07.34.html">http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2010/mahara-dev.2010-11-10-07.34.html</a>
FYI <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-351'>dobedobedoh</a>,
20:51:39)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Code_Review">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Code_Review</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-363'>lamiette_</a>,
20:56:30)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Hughdavenport">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Hughdavenport</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-364'>lamiette_</a>,
20:56:40)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Brettwilkins">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Brettwilkins</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-365'>fmarier_</a>,
20:56:54)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Darrylh">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Darrylh</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-367'>fmarier_</a>,
20:57:01)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">Hugh
Davenport to become Mahara reviewer</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-407'>lamiette_</a>,
21:03:05)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">Brett Wilkins
to become a Mahara reviewer</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-433'>lamiette_</a>,
21:09:26)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED"></span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-436'>lamiette_</a>,
21:09:30)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">mahara.org forum badges</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-471'>lamiette_</a>, 21:13:27)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED"></span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-522'>lamiette_</a>,
21:21:05)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">thomaswbell88
to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges and post on the wiki
under Specifications in Development</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-533'>lamiette_</a>,
21:21:44)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-536'>lamiette_</a>,
21:21:52)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Update on the user manual</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-550'>lamiette_</a>, 21:24:27)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">the user manual is now started in asciidoc. the
repository contains a Makefile for easy creation of the output
file.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-554'>anitsirk</a>,
21:24:41)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the manual sits in git, some information on
where it is and how to set up asciidoc (esp. the syntax-highlighting
in vim) is at</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-558'>anitsirk</a>,
21:24:51)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-559'>lamiette_</a>,
21:24:52)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-560'>anitsirk</a>,
21:24:55)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">we now have another mahara family member: the
Mahara Scribe thanks to evonne who came up with it. it's now also on
the wiki. :-)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-563'>anitsirk</a>,
21:25:07)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the user manual is now started in asciidoc. the
repository contains a Makefile for easy creation of the output
file.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-568'>anitsirk</a>,
21:25:44)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the manual sits in git, some information on
where it is and how to set up asciidoc (esp. the syntax-highlighting
in vim) is at</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-569'>anitsirk</a>,
21:25:50)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-570'>anitsirk</a>,
21:25:56)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">we now have another mahara family member: the
Mahara Scribe thanks to evonne who came up with it. it's now also on
the wiki. :-)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-571'>anitsirk</a>,
21:26:02)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Invitation to join the Debian Packaging team</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-586'>lamiette_</a>, 21:31:00)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">fmarier_ welcomes dobedobedoh and rkabalin_ to
the Mahara packaging team</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-612'>fmarier_</a>,
21:35:06)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next Meeting date</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-616'>lamiette_</a>, 21:35:44)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110803T0730">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110803T0730</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-637'>lamiette_</a>,
21:39:02)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED"></span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-644'>lamiette_</a>,
21:39:43)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110803T0730">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110803T0730</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-651'>lamiette_</a>,
21:40:18)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">next meeting Wednesday, 3 August 2011, 07:30:00
UTC time</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-655'>lamiette_</a>,
21:41:44)</span></li>
</ol>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 21:47:27 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>fmarier_ to update the bug status page with new "milestone" usage guidelines</li>
<li>thomaswbell88 to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges and post on the wiki under Specifications in Development</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items, by person</h3>
<ol>
<li> fmarier_ <ol>
<li>fmarier_ to update the bug status page with new "milestone" usage guidelines</li>
</ol></li>
<li> thomaswbell88 <ol>
<li>thomaswbell88 to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges and post on the wiki under Specifications in Development</li>
</ol></li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>lamiette_ (186)</li>
<li>fmarier_ (120)</li>
<li>dobedobedoh (71)</li>
<li>anitsirk (61)</li>
<li>rkabalin_ (45)</li>
<li>pxh (36)</li>
<li>dan_p (34)</li>
<li>bugg_home (33)</li>
<li>richardm (29)</li>
<li>thomaswbell88 (26)</li>
<li>hughdavenport_ho (19)</li>
<li>dan_p_ (11)</li>
<li>Mjollnir` (9)</li>
<li>lordp (3)</li>
<li>waawaamilk (3)</li>
<li>maharameet (3)</li>
<li>ricardomano (1)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev log</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* For the .log.html */
pre { /*line-height: 125%;*/
white-space: pre-wrap; }
body { background: #f0f0f0; }
body .tm { color: #007020 } /* time */
body .nk { color: #062873; font-weight: bold } /* nick, regular */
body .nka { color: #007020; font-weight: bold } /* action nick */
body .ac { color: #00A000 } /* action line */
body .hi { color: #4070a0 } /* hilights */
/* Things to make particular MeetBot commands stick out */
body .topic { color: #007020; font-weight: bold }
body .topicline { color: #000080; font-weight: bold }
body .cmd { color: #007020; font-weight: bold }
body .cmdline { font-weight: bold }
</style>
</head>
<body>
<pre><a name="l-1"></a><span class="tm">19:35:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;lamiette_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#startmeeting</span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-2"></a><span class="tm">19:35:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;maharameet&gt;</span> Meeting started Wed Jun 29 19:35:46 2011 UTC. The chair is lamiette_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
<a name="l-3"></a><span class="tm">19:35:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;maharameet&gt;</span> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
<a name="l-4"></a><span class="tm">19:35:54</span><span class="nk"> &lt;lamiette_&gt;</span> <span class="topic">#topic </span><span class="topicline">Meeting Attendees</span>
<a name="l-5"></a><span class="tm">19:36:31</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd, UK</span>
<a name="l-6"></a><span class="tm">19:36:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ</span>
<a name="l-7"></a><span class="tm">19:36:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;rkabalin_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">rkabalin_ is Ruslan Kabalin, LUNS Ltd., Lancaster, UK</span>
<a name="l-8"></a><span class="tm">19:36:52</span><span class="nk"> &lt;richardm&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">richardm is Richard Mansfield from Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ</span>
<a name="l-9"></a><span class="tm">19:37:02</span><span class="nk"> &lt;lamiette_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">lamiette_ is Stacey Walker from Catalyst IT in Brighton UK</span>
<a name="l-10"></a><span class="tm">19:37:06</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_ho&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">hughdavenport_ho is Hugh Davenport from Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ</span>
<a name="l-11"></a><span class="tm">19:37:10</span><span class="nk"> &lt;Mjollnir`&gt;</span> <span class="hi">anitsirk:</span> what did i do ?
<a name="l-12"></a><span class="tm">19:37:22</span><span class="nk"> &lt;Mjollnir`&gt;</span> oh you're doing meetings
<a name="l-13"></a><span class="tm">19:37:24</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">dan_p_ is Dan Poltawski, LUNS ltd uk (on train)</span>
<a name="l-14"></a><span class="tm">19:37:28</span><span class="nk"> &lt;thomaswbell88&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">thomaswbell88 is Thomas Bell from TDM Ltd, UK</span>
<a name="l-15"></a><span class="tm">19:37:29 </span><span class="nka">* Mjollnir`</span> <span class="ac">goes away again</span>
<a name="l-16"></a><span class="tm">19:37:30</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">is Francois Marier</span>
<a name="l-17"></a><span class="tm">19:37:30</span><span class="nk"> &lt;bugg_home&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">bugg_home is Brett Wilkinsa from Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ</span>
<a name="l-18"></a><span class="tm">19:37:39</span><span class="nk"> &lt;bugg_home&gt;</span> Brett Wilkins*
<a name="l-19"></a><span class="tm">19:37:43</span><span class="nk"> &lt;ricardomano&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">ricardomano is Richard Hand from TDM Ltd, UK</span>
<a name="l-20"></a><span class="tm">19:37:49</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> hi Mjollnir`: you were on the train once on your laptop and also walking down the platform with your laptop open so you could attend the first dev meeting :-)
<a name="l-21"></a><span class="tm">19:38:50</span><span class="nk"> &lt;Mjollnir`&gt;</span> oh yes
<a name="l-22"></a><span class="tm">19:38:54</span><span class="nk"> &lt;Mjollnir`&gt;</span> kevin made a photo
<a name="l-23"></a><span class="tm">19:39:04</span><span class="nk"> &lt;lamiette_&gt;</span> right, is that everyone ?
<a name="l-24"></a><span class="tm">19:39:12</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> Are we doing the . Thing again, for new atendees?
<a name="l-25"></a><span class="tm">19:39:20</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> pxh was here earlier
<a name="l-26"></a><span class="tm">19:39:23</span><span class="nk"> &lt;bugg_home&gt;</span> ?
<a name="l-27"></a><span class="tm">19:39:26</span><span class="nk"> &lt;thomaswbell88&gt;</span> ! thing sounds good, what is thing?
<a name="l-28"></a><span class="tm">19:40:06</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">pxh is Piers Harding from Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ</span>
<a name="l-29"></a><span class="tm">19:40:31 </span><span class="nka">* pxh</span> <span class="ac">will be here for 20 minutes</span>
<a name="l-30"></a><span class="tm">19:40:33</span><span class="nk"> &lt;lamiette_&gt;</span> <span class="hi">dan_p_:</span> what is the . thing for new attendees?
<a name="l-31"></a><span class="tm">19:40:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier_&gt;</span> the . (on a single line) is to indicate that you're doing talking
<a name="l-32"></a><span class="tm">19:40:48</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier_&gt;</span> so even if you write a multi-line comment
<a name="l-33"></a><span class="tm">19:40:59</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier_&gt;</span> like this one, with enters between them
<a name="l-34"></a><span class="tm">19:40:59</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="hi">pxh:</span> that means we should talk about web services first?
<a name="l-35"></a><span class="tm">19:41:12</span><span class="nk"> &lt;lamiette_&gt;</span> <span class="hi">anitsirk:</span> I agree
<a name="l-36"></a><span class="tm">19:41:14</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier_&gt;</span> then you can still indicate you're done
<a name="l-37"></a><span class="tm">19:41:15</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier_&gt;</span> .
<a name="l-38"></a><span class="tm">19:41:22</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> sorry fmarier_
<a name="l-39"></a><span class="tm">19:41:39</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> When you finish what you are saying put a . On line when done. So people dont need to wait
<a name="l-40"></a><span class="tm">19:41:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> <span class="hi">anitsirk:</span> can do - was not sure what people want to know about it ?
<a name="l-41"></a><span class="tm">19:41:51</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> Argh sorry. Slowtyper
<a name="l-42"></a><span class="tm">19:42:42</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> <span class="hi">pxh:</span> There was. Some interest in web services at mahara uk, would be good to know what you are working on
<a name="l-43"></a><span class="tm">19:42:48</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> .
<a name="l-44"></a><span class="tm">19:42:59</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> .
<a name="l-45"></a><span class="tm">19:43:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> OK
<a name="l-46"></a><span class="tm">19:43:07</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> <span class="topic">#topic </span><span class="topicline">MNet future -- We're adding Web Services to 1.5</span>
<a name="l-47"></a><span class="tm">19:43:16</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> so the basic are:
<a name="l-48"></a><span class="tm">19:43:18</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> hmm no power;)
<a name="l-49"></a><span class="tm">19:43:31</span><span class="nk"> &lt;lamiette_&gt;</span> <span class="topic">#topic </span><span class="topicline">MNet future -- We're adding Web Services to 1.5</span>
<a name="l-50"></a><span class="tm">19:43:33</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> documentation is at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices
<a name="l-51"></a><span class="tm">19:43:43</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices</span>
<a name="l-52"></a><span class="tm">19:44:08</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> I farmed it out into an artefact plugin because it is directly derived from Moodle web services in 2.x
<a name="l-53"></a><span class="tm">19:45:19</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> it follows the pattern of Moodle Web Services quite closely in terms of authentication via tokens or username/password, and it's use of Zend web services
<a name="l-54"></a><span class="tm">19:46:05</span><span class="nk"> &lt;rkabalin_&gt;</span> So, it can potentially replace Mnet feature?
<a name="l-55"></a><span class="tm">19:46:06</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> features are: SOAP, REST (really just basic HTTP post parameters or JSON), and XML-RPC
<a name="l-56"></a><span class="tm">19:46:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> Auth via WSEE for SOAP, as well as the tokens/users (as mentioned before)
<a name="l-57"></a><span class="tm">19:47:13</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> it's plugable - as in it searches for externallib.php, and service.php definition files (like Moodle) at upgrade
<a name="l-58"></a><span class="tm">19:47:26</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> But Moodle web services are (supposed to be) pluggable, is the same true here
<a name="l-59"></a><span class="tm">19:47:37</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> <span class="hi">rkabalin_:</span> I would hope that it could quite easily replace mnet if needed
<a name="l-60"></a><span class="tm">19:47:41</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> Grr, sorry
<a name="l-61"></a><span class="tm">19:47:45 </span><span class="nka">* rkabalin_</span> <span class="ac">sorry for interrupting</span>
<a name="l-62"></a><span class="tm">19:47:58</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> yes dan_p - it is
<a name="l-63"></a><span class="tm">19:48:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> more features: has example commandline clients, and I'm just about to commit an interactive web based test client
<a name="l-64"></a><span class="tm">19:48:42</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> Are there advantages/limitations of making it a plugin itself?
<a name="l-65"></a><span class="tm">19:48:47</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> this was for the Ministry of Education NZ
<a name="l-66"></a><span class="tm">19:49:08</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> they wanted SOAP, but I wanted the rest (pun intended)
<a name="l-67"></a><span class="tm">19:49:29</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier_&gt;</span> <span class="hi">pxh:</span> nice one :)
<a name="l-68"></a><span class="tm">19:49:41</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> lol. you probably need it as well ;-)
<a name="l-69"></a><span class="tm">19:49:52</span><span class="nk"> &lt;rkabalin_&gt;</span> It also can be used as API for various remote user/group/institution management tasks
<a name="l-70"></a><span class="tm">19:49:58</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dan_p_&gt;</span> Harsh!
<a name="l-71"></a><span class="tm">19:50:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> from the MoE point of iew the main thing missing is signatures and encryption from WSSE - but nobody uses it
<a name="l-72"></a><span class="tm">19:50:11</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> ... but they are a guvament department
<a name="l-73"></a><span class="tm">19:50:44</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> yup - rkabalin_ - should have said that - there are 19 functions in the API already
<a name="l-74"></a><span class="tm">19:50:56</span><span class="nk"> &lt;rkabalin_&gt;</span> that is cool
<a name="l-75"></a><span class="tm">19:51:22</span><span class="nk"> &lt;Mjollnir`&gt;</span> why an artefact plugin and not a new top level plugin type ?
<a name="l-76"></a><span class="tm">19:51:24</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> and - to finish - I want to add OAuth as that will open it up properly to 3rd party dev
<a name="l-77"></a><span class="tm">19:51:25</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> .
<a name="l-78"></a><span class="tm">19:51:28</span><span class="nk"> &lt;Mjollnir`&gt;</span> not that i really have any say :)
<a name="l-79"></a><span class="tm">19:51:45</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> <span class="hi">Mjollnir`:</span> ignorance probably
<a name="l-80"></a><span class="tm">19:51:55</span><span class="nk"> &lt;bugg_home&gt;</span> pxh, can it talk to moodle (2.x) via this API?
<a name="l-81"></a><span class="tm">19:52:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;richardm&gt;</span> <span class="hi">Mjollnir`:</span> time constraints, we'll be moving it
<a name="l-82"></a><span class="tm">19:52:27</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> <span class="hi">Mjollnir`:</span> ... on my part that is
<a name="l-83"></a><span class="tm">19:52:55</span><span class="nk"> &lt;Mjollnir`&gt;</span> is it really less work to make it an artefact plugin and have to implement contracts that you don't need than make a new top level plugin ? eh, maybe i dunno
<a name="l-84"></a><span class="tm">19:52:59</span><span class="nk"> &lt;Mjollnir`&gt;</span> :)
<a name="l-85"></a><span class="tm">19:53:19 </span><span class="nka">* dan_p_</span> <span class="ac">alighting train, connectivity unknown</span>
<a name="l-86"></a><span class="tm">19:53:24</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> <span class="hi">bugg_home:</span> I haven't had time to test this yet - one of the things I wanted to do was to try and get it talking over the Moodle hub (in a limited way) but I'm still trying to deliver the original requirement to the MoE
<a name="l-87"></a><span class="tm">19:54:27</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> .. as they are paying for it at the moment
<a name="l-88"></a><span class="tm">19:54:29</span><span class="nk"> &lt;lamiette_&gt;</span> <span class="hi">pxh:</span> so it's derived from Moodle 2.x but tested/written to work with 1.9 only at this stage?
<a name="l-89"></a><span class="tm">19:56:14</span><span class="nk"> &lt;pxh&gt;</span> <span class="hi">lamiette_:</span> I haven't got as far as integration testing etc. with Moodle yet - once I get the MoE requirement behind me - I can look at making this useful to the wider Mahara community
<a name="l-90"></a><span class="tm">19:56:25</span><span class="nk"> &lt;lamiette_&gt;</span> awesome
<a name="l-91"></a><span class="tm">19:57:13</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> <span class="hi">pxh:</span> Sounds good
<a name="l-92"></a><span class="tm">19:57:18</span><span class="nk"> &lt;rkabalin_&gt;</span> yeah, that sounds great