Commit 5cc8808a authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 29th June 2011

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew.nicols@luns.net.uk>
parent fb8bfbb2
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev Meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev Meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by lamiette_ at 19:35:46 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Meeting Attendees</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-4'>lamiette_</a>, 19:35:54)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-5'>dobedobedoh</a>,
19:36:31)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst IT
in Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-6'>anitsirk</a>,
19:36:36)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">rkabalin_ is Ruslan Kabalin, LUNS Ltd.,
Lancaster, UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-7'>rkabalin_</a>,
19:36:46)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">richardm is Richard Mansfield from Catalyst IT
in Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-8'>richardm</a>,
19:36:52)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">lamiette_ is Stacey Walker from Catalyst IT in
Brighton UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-9'>lamiette_</a>,
19:37:02)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">hughdavenport_ho is Hugh Davenport from
Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-10'>hughdavenport_ho</a>,
19:37:06)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">dan_p_ is Dan Poltawski, LUNS ltd uk (on
train)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-13'>dan_p_</a>,
19:37:24)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">thomaswbell88 is Thomas Bell from TDM Ltd,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-14'>thomaswbell88</a>,
19:37:28)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">is Francois Marier</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-16'>fmarier_</a>,
19:37:30)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">bugg_home is Brett Wilkinsa from Catalyst IT in
Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-17'>bugg_home</a>,
19:37:30)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">ricardomano is Richard Hand from TDM Ltd,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-19'>ricardomano</a>,
19:37:43)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">pxh is Piers Harding from Catalyst IT in
Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-28'>pxh</a>,
19:40:06)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">MNet future -- We're adding Web Services to 1.5</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-49'>lamiette_</a>, 19:43:31)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-51'>fmarier_</a>,
19:43:43)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">pxh has writtten a web services framework,
based on the Moodle 2.0 web services Further information at
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-95'>lamiette_</a>,
19:57:36)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">pxh&gt; features are: SOAP, REST (really just
basic HTTP post parameters or JSON), and XML-RPC</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-99'>lamiette_</a>,
19:59:00)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Auth via WSEE for SOAP, as well as the
tokens/users (as mentioned before)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-100'>lamiette_</a>,
19:59:14)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://gitorious.org/mahara-contrib/artefact-webservice">https://gitorious.org/mahara-contrib/artefact-webservice</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-112'>lamiette_</a>,
20:02:38)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">available as a contrib plugin</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-113'>lamiette_</a>,
20:02:53)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">we have to start thinking about Mnet stuff:
largely due to this from Moodle HQ
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=175158</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-125'>lamiette_</a>,
20:06:14)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Bug status proposal</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-129'>lamiette_</a>, 20:06:58)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">milestones have been used for marking bugs to
upcoming releases and as for a changelog/detailed version of the
release notes</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-140'>lamiette_</a>,
20:12:12)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">fmarier_ to
update the bug status page with new "milestone" usage
guidelines</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-185'>lamiette_</a>,
20:22:45)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">every new feature on master should have a bug
report associated with it</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-204'>lamiette_</a>,
20:25:18)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">reviewers to be stricter about suitable bug
numbers for features submitted to gerrit - isn't mandatory
though</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-241'>lamiette_</a>,
20:32:02)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">MaharaUK2011</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-243'>lamiette_</a>, 20:32:31)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">LUNS and TDM have both offered to host
maharauk, so we've suggested that 12 is in Lancaster, hosted by LUNS
and 13 is in the West Midlands, hosted by TDM</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-251'>lamiette_</a>,
20:34:58)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html">http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-283'>fmarier_</a>,
20:40:17)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">There was also talk about some entity hosting
online 'conferences' inbetween during the year (webinar type
things)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-286'>lamiette_</a>,
20:40:55)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">twitter hashtag #maharauk11 for anyone
interested in seeing what attendees had to say</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-292'>lamiette_</a>,
20:42:20)</span></li>
<li><a href="http://t.co/dFHqjYX">http://t.co/dFHqjYX</a> - Git in
Mahara <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-293'>dobedobedoh</a>,
20:42:39)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations">http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations</a>
- both my presentations <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-294'>rkabalin_</a>,
20:43:00)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations">http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-296'>lamiette_</a>,
20:43:29)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.slideshare.net/andrewnicols/presentations">http://www.slideshare.net/andrewnicols/presentations</a>
for mine <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-297'>dobedobedoh</a>,
20:44:10)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.slideshare.net/4nitsirk/21-34-ways-to-get-involved-in-mahara">http://www.slideshare.net/4nitsirk/21-34-ways-to-get-involved-in-mahara</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-300'>anitsirk</a>,
20:44:28)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbz9vST0CLw">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbz9vST0CLw</a>
recording <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-305'>anitsirk</a>,
20:45:01)</span></li>
<li><a href="Mark">Mark</a> Osbornes keynote
http://prezi.com/dubgzzefzioj/maharauk-open-for-learning/ <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-307'>lamiette_</a>,
20:45:45)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Mahara Reviewer applications#</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-310'>lamiette_</a>, 20:46:05)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">Hugh Davenport Mahara reviewer
application</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-326'>lamiette_</a>,
20:48:33)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Brett Wilkins Mahara reviewer
application</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-327'>lamiette_</a>,
20:48:49)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Darryl Hamilton Mahara reviewer
application</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-331'>lamiette_</a>,
20:49:26)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">lordp is Darryl Hamilton</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-333'>lordp</a>,
20:49:38)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2010/mahara-dev.2010-11-10-07.34.html">http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2010/mahara-dev.2010-11-10-07.34.html</a>
FYI <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-351'>dobedobedoh</a>,
20:51:39)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Code_Review">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Code_Review</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-363'>lamiette_</a>,
20:56:30)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Hughdavenport">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Hughdavenport</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-364'>lamiette_</a>,
20:56:40)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Brettwilkins">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Brettwilkins</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-365'>fmarier_</a>,
20:56:54)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Darrylh">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Darrylh</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-367'>fmarier_</a>,
20:57:01)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">Hugh
Davenport to become Mahara reviewer</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-407'>lamiette_</a>,
21:03:05)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">Brett Wilkins
to become a Mahara reviewer</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-433'>lamiette_</a>,
21:09:26)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED"></span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-436'>lamiette_</a>,
21:09:30)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">mahara.org forum badges</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-471'>lamiette_</a>, 21:13:27)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED"></span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-522'>lamiette_</a>,
21:21:05)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">thomaswbell88
to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges and post on the wiki
under Specifications in Development</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-533'>lamiette_</a>,
21:21:44)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-536'>lamiette_</a>,
21:21:52)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Update on the user manual</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-550'>lamiette_</a>, 21:24:27)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">the user manual is now started in asciidoc. the
repository contains a Makefile for easy creation of the output
file.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-554'>anitsirk</a>,
21:24:41)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the manual sits in git, some information on
where it is and how to set up asciidoc (esp. the syntax-highlighting
in vim) is at</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-558'>anitsirk</a>,
21:24:51)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-559'>lamiette_</a>,
21:24:52)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-560'>anitsirk</a>,
21:24:55)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">we now have another mahara family member: the
Mahara Scribe thanks to evonne who came up with it. it's now also on
the wiki. :-)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-563'>anitsirk</a>,
21:25:07)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the user manual is now started in asciidoc. the
repository contains a Makefile for easy creation of the output
file.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-568'>anitsirk</a>,
21:25:44)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the manual sits in git, some information on
where it is and how to set up asciidoc (esp. the syntax-highlighting
in vim) is at</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-569'>anitsirk</a>,
21:25:50)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-570'>anitsirk</a>,
21:25:56)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">we now have another mahara family member: the
Mahara Scribe thanks to evonne who came up with it. it's now also on
the wiki. :-)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-571'>anitsirk</a>,
21:26:02)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Invitation to join the Debian Packaging team</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-586'>lamiette_</a>, 21:31:00)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">fmarier_ welcomes dobedobedoh and rkabalin_ to
the Mahara packaging team</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-612'>fmarier_</a>,
21:35:06)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next Meeting date</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-616'>lamiette_</a>, 21:35:44)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110803T0730">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110803T0730</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-637'>lamiette_</a>,
21:39:02)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED"></span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-644'>lamiette_</a>,
21:39:43)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110803T0730">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110803T0730</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-651'>lamiette_</a>,
21:40:18)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">next meeting Wednesday, 3 August 2011, 07:30:00
UTC time</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html#l-655'>lamiette_</a>,
21:41:44)</span></li>
</ol>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 21:47:27 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>fmarier_ to update the bug status page with new "milestone" usage guidelines</li>
<li>thomaswbell88 to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges and post on the wiki under Specifications in Development</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items, by person</h3>
<ol>
<li> fmarier_ <ol>
<li>fmarier_ to update the bug status page with new "milestone" usage guidelines</li>
</ol></li>
<li> thomaswbell88 <ol>
<li>thomaswbell88 to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges and post on the wiki under Specifications in Development</li>
</ol></li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>lamiette_ (186)</li>
<li>fmarier_ (120)</li>
<li>dobedobedoh (71)</li>
<li>anitsirk (61)</li>
<li>rkabalin_ (45)</li>
<li>pxh (36)</li>
<li>dan_p (34)</li>
<li>bugg_home (33)</li>
<li>richardm (29)</li>
<li>thomaswbell88 (26)</li>
<li>hughdavenport_ho (19)</li>
<li>dan_p_ (11)</li>
<li>Mjollnir` (9)</li>
<li>lordp (3)</li>
<li>waawaamilk (3)</li>
<li>maharameet (3)</li>
<li>ricardomano (1)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by lamiette_ at 19:35:46 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-06-29-19.35.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* Meeting Attendees (lamiette_, 19:35:54)
* dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd, UK (dobedobedoh, 19:36:31)
* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ
(anitsirk, 19:36:36)
* rkabalin_ is Ruslan Kabalin, LUNS Ltd., Lancaster, UK (rkabalin_,
19:36:46)
* richardm is Richard Mansfield from Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ
(richardm, 19:36:52)
* lamiette_ is Stacey Walker from Catalyst IT in Brighton UK
(lamiette_, 19:37:02)
* hughdavenport_ho is Hugh Davenport from Catalyst IT in Wellington,
NZ (hughdavenport_ho, 19:37:06)
* dan_p_ is Dan Poltawski, LUNS ltd uk (on train) (dan_p_, 19:37:24)
* thomaswbell88 is Thomas Bell from TDM Ltd, UK (thomaswbell88,
19:37:28)
* is Francois Marier (fmarier_, 19:37:30)
* bugg_home is Brett Wilkinsa from Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ
(bugg_home, 19:37:30)
* ricardomano is Richard Hand from TDM Ltd, UK (ricardomano,
19:37:43)
* pxh is Piers Harding from Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ (pxh,
19:40:06)
* MNet future -- We're adding Web Services to 1.5 (lamiette_, 19:43:31)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices
(fmarier_, 19:43:43)
* pxh has writtten a web services framework, based on the Moodle 2.0
web services Further information at
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices
(lamiette_, 19:57:36)
* pxh> features are: SOAP, REST (really just basic HTTP post
parameters or JSON), and XML-RPC (lamiette_, 19:59:00)
* Auth via WSEE for SOAP, as well as the tokens/users (as mentioned
before) (lamiette_, 19:59:14)
* LINK: https://gitorious.org/mahara-contrib/artefact-webservice
(lamiette_, 20:02:38)
* available as a contrib plugin (lamiette_, 20:02:53)
* we have to start thinking about Mnet stuff: largely due to this from
Moodle HQ http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=175158
(lamiette_, 20:06:14)
* Bug status proposal (lamiette_, 20:06:58)
* milestones have been used for marking bugs to upcoming releases and
as for a changelog/detailed version of the release notes
(lamiette_, 20:12:12)
* ACTION: fmarier_ to update the bug status page with new "milestone"
usage guidelines (lamiette_, 20:22:45)
* every new feature on master should have a bug report associated with
it (lamiette_, 20:25:18)
* reviewers to be stricter about suitable bug numbers for features
submitted to gerrit - isn't mandatory though (lamiette_, 20:32:02)
* MaharaUK2011 (lamiette_, 20:32:31)
* LUNS and TDM have both offered to host maharauk, so we've suggested
that 12 is in Lancaster, hosted by LUNS and 13 is in the West
Midlands, hosted by TDM (lamiette_, 20:34:58)
* LINK:
http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html
(fmarier_, 20:40:17)
* There was also talk about some entity hosting online 'conferences'
inbetween during the year (webinar type things) (lamiette_,
20:40:55)
* twitter hashtag #maharauk11 for anyone interested in seeing what
attendees had to say (lamiette_, 20:42:20)
* LINK: http://t.co/dFHqjYX - Git in Mahara (dobedobedoh, 20:42:39)
* LINK: http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations - both my
presentations (rkabalin_, 20:43:00)
* LINK: http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/presentations (lamiette_,
20:43:29)
* LINK: http://www.slideshare.net/andrewnicols/presentations for mine
(dobedobedoh, 20:44:10)
* LINK:
http://www.slideshare.net/4nitsirk/21-34-ways-to-get-involved-in-mahara
(anitsirk, 20:44:28)
* LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbz9vST0CLw recording
(anitsirk, 20:45:01)
* LINK: Mark Osbornes keynote
http://prezi.com/dubgzzefzioj/maharauk-open-for-learning/
(lamiette_, 20:45:45)
* Mahara Reviewer applications# (lamiette_, 20:46:05)
* Hugh Davenport Mahara reviewer application (lamiette_, 20:48:33)
* Brett Wilkins Mahara reviewer application (lamiette_, 20:48:49)
* Darryl Hamilton Mahara reviewer application (lamiette_, 20:49:26)
* lordp is Darryl Hamilton (lordp, 20:49:38)
* LINK:
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2010/mahara-dev.2010-11-10-07.34.html
FYI (dobedobedoh, 20:51:39)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Code_Review
(lamiette_, 20:56:30)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Hughdavenport
(lamiette_, 20:56:40)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Brettwilkins
(fmarier_, 20:56:54)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Darrylh (fmarier_,
20:57:01)
* AGREED: Hugh Davenport to become Mahara reviewer (lamiette_,
21:03:05)
* AGREED: Brett Wilkins to become a Mahara reviewer (lamiette_,
21:09:26)
* AGREED: (lamiette_, 21:09:30)
* mahara.org forum badges (lamiette_, 21:13:27)
* AGREED: (lamiette_, 21:21:05)
* ACTION: thomaswbell88 to come up with ideas for mahara.org badges
and post on the wiki under Specifications in Development
(lamiette_, 21:21:44)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development
(lamiette_, 21:21:52)
* Update on the user manual (lamiette_, 21:24:27)
* the user manual is now started in asciidoc. the repository contains
a Makefile for easy creation of the output file. (anitsirk,
21:24:41)
* the manual sits in git, some information on where it is and how to
set up asciidoc (esp. the syntax-highlighting in vim) is at
(anitsirk, 21:24:51)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup
(lamiette_, 21:24:52)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup
(anitsirk, 21:24:55)
* we now have another mahara family member: the Mahara Scribe thanks
to evonne who came up with it. it's now also on the wiki. :-)
(anitsirk, 21:25:07)
* the user manual is now started in asciidoc. the repository contains
a Makefile for easy creation of the output file. (anitsirk,
21:25:44)
* the manual sits in git, some information on where it is and how to
set up asciidoc (esp. the syntax-highlighting in vim) is at
(anitsirk, 21:25:50)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Manual/Manual_Setup
(anitsirk, 21:25:56)
* we now have another mahara family member: the Mahara Scribe thanks
to evonne who came up with it. it's now also on the wiki. :-)
(anitsirk, 21:26:02)
* Invitation to join the Debian Packaging team (lamiette_, 21:31:00)
* fmarier_ welcomes dobedobedoh and rkabalin_ to the Mahara packaging
team (fmarier_, 21:35:06)
* Next Meeting date (lamiette_, 21:35:44)
* LINK: