diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..72baf362545506b1f32a47a6386aec89d051ae16 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.html @@ -0,0 +1,305 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev Meeting + + + + +

#mahara-dev Meeting

+ +Meeting started by hughdavenport_ at 07:32:36 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Meeting summary

+
    +
  1. +
      +
    1. hughdavenport_ is Hugh Davenport and Brett + Wilkins from Catalyst IT Wellington (hughdavenport_, + 07:33:00)
    2. +
    3. @anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, + NZ (anitsirk, + 07:33:02)
    4. +
    5. fmarier is Francois Marier (fmarier, + 07:33:14)
    6. +
    7. anzeljg is Gregor An�elj, ICT teacher, + translator, developer (anzeljg, + 07:33:15)
    8. +
    9. dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols, LUNS Limited, + UK (dobedobedoh, + 07:33:17)
    10. +
    11. richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst, + NZ (richardm, + 07:33:41)
    12. +
    13. elky is Melissa Draper, Catalyst IT, NZ + (elky, + 07:33:44)
    14. +
    +
  2. +
  3. Items from last meeting (hughdavenport_, 07:35:46) +
      +
    1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/897593 + (fmarier, + 07:37:45)
    2. +
    3. dobedobedoh to create a bug for modifying + release & test running scripts to look for tests in the right + places. DONE (hughdavenport_, + 07:37:47)
    4. +
    5. dobedobedoh to look at the possibility of + adding a hook to the Makefile to reject patches with security bugs + in the subject (hughdavenport_, + 07:38:31)
    6. +
    7. dajan to report on tagging existing 1.5 + features on the tracker: newfeature tag (hughdavenport_, + 07:40:22)
    8. +
    9. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bugs?field.tag=newfeature + (fmarier, + 07:41:57)
    10. +
    +
  4. +
  5. Update on the user manual (Kristina)#link http://manual.mahara.org/ (hughdavenport_, 07:41:59) +
  6. +
  7. Update on the user manual (Kristina) (hughdavenport_, 07:42:08) +
      +
    1. http://manual.mahara.org/ + (hughdavenport_, + 07:42:13)
    2. +
    3. http://mahara.org/view/artefact.php?artefact=176713&view=36871 + - Mahara Newsletter, December 2011 (anitsirk, + 07:42:14)
    4. +
    5. the mahara 1.4 user manual is written in + reStructuredText, converted into HTML / PDF with Sphinx and + published from git to ReadtheDocs at updated at + http://manual.mahara.org (anitsirk, + 07:42:15)
    6. +
    7. http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html + - reStructuredText: Markup syntax and parser system (anitsirk, + 07:42:15)
    8. +
    9. http://sphinx.pocoo.org - + Sphinx: software to convert rST files into proper documentations + (anitsirk, + 07:42:15)
    10. +
    11. http://readthedocs.org - Read + the Docs: community place to search for and search manuals (anitsirk, + 07:42:16)
    12. +
    13. http://readthedocs (anitsirk, + 07:42:16)
    14. +
    +
  8. +
  9. Changes to the backend password hash function (hugh) (hughdavenport_, 07:53:40) +
      +
    1. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Improve_Password_Storage + (hughdavenport_, + 07:53:41)
    2. +
    3. https://reviews.mahara.org/#q,status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:password-hash,n,z + (fmarier, + 07:56:58)
    4. +
    5. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/843568 + (hughdavenport_, + 07:58:27)
    6. +
    7. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/844457 + (fmarier, + 07:59:29)
    8. +
    +
  10. +
  11. Large bug triage and 1.5.0 (Francois) (hughdavenport_, 08:01:19) +
      +
    1. https://launchpad.net/mahara/+milestone/1.5.0 + (hughdavenport_, + 08:01:20)
    2. +
    3. fmarier pre-triaged the list of bugs for the + 1.5 milestone (anitsirk, + 08:06:53)
    4. +
    5. if you are allocated to a bug but cannot get to + it within the next month, please unassign yourself. (anitsirk, + 08:07:46)
    6. +
    7. if you think there's something missing on 1.5 + and that you can do in the next month or two, then please feel free + to add it there (anitsirk, + 08:08:06)
    8. +
    9. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+manage-official-tags + (fmarier, + 08:11:08)
    10. +
    11. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+manage-official-tags + (hughdavenport_, + 08:11:25)
    12. +
    13. there are now official tags for mahara. only + the most common ones are listed in the official tag list at + https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara (anitsirk, + 08:13:05)
    14. +
    +
  12. +
  13. Next meeting and Chair (hughdavenport_, 08:13:38) +
      +
    1. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120111T0730 + (hughdavenport_, + 08:13:44)
    2. +
    3. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110201T1930 + (hughdavenport_, + 08:17:41)
    4. +
    5. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120131T1930 + (fmarier, + 08:18:07)
    6. +
    7. Next meeting 31 Jan 1930 UTC anitsirk + chairing (hughdavenport_, + 08:24:50)
    8. +
    9. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120131T1930 + (fmarier, + 08:24:51)
    10. +
    +
  14. +
  15. Any other business? (hughdavenport_, 08:25:02) +
      +
    1. http://screencast.com/t/cWrdGaNz4mU + (anzeljg, + 08:27:21)
    2. +
    3. anzeljg started working on LivePreview when + user designs a custom Skin http://screencast.com/t/cWrdGaNz4mU and + welcomes feedback (anitsirk, + 08:28:00)
    4. +
    5. anzeljg almost finished integrating + GoogleWebFonts (anitsirk, + 08:28:20)
    6. +
    +
  16. +
+

+ + + + +Meeting ended at 08:29:51 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Action items

+
    +
  1. (none)
  2. +
+

+ + + +

People present (lines said)

+
    +
  1. hughdavenport_ (86)
  2. +
  3. fmarier (65)
  4. +
  5. anitsirk (54)
  6. +
  7. dobedobedoh (46)
  8. +
  9. elky (40)
  10. +
  11. anzeljg (20)
  12. +
  13. richardm (4)
  14. +
  15. maharameet (4)
  16. +
  17. maharabot (3)
  18. +
+

+ + + +Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4. + diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..3fb802ef8430b063098b76cbaafdf56bbcec0d17 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html @@ -0,0 +1,349 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev log + + + + +
07:32:36 <hughdavenport_> #startmeeting
+07:32:36 <maharameet> Meeting started Tue Dec  6 07:32:36 2011 UTC.  The chair is hughdavenport_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
+07:32:36 <maharameet> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
+07:33:00 <hughdavenport_> #info hughdavenport_ is Hugh Davenport and Brett Wilkins from Catalyst IT Wellington
+07:33:02 <anitsirk> #info @anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, NZ
+07:33:14 <fmarier> #info fmarier is Francois Marier
+07:33:15 <anzeljg> #info anzeljg is Gregor An�elj, ICT teacher, translator, developer
+07:33:17 <dobedobedoh> #info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols, LUNS Limited, UK
+07:33:41 <richardm> #info richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst, NZ
+07:33:44 <elky> #info elky is Melissa Draper, Catalyst IT, NZ
+07:34:53 <hughdavenport_> anyone else, jimcrib lamiette rkabalin waawaamilk dan_p lordp?
+07:35:29 <hughdavenport_> right, we'll get into it then
+07:35:46 <hughdavenport_> #topic Items from last meeting
+07:35:47 <hughdavenport_> #info dobedobedoh to look at the possibility of adding a hook to the Makefile to reject patches with security bugs in the subject
+07:35:56 <elky> please
+07:36:00 <elky> please please please :P
+07:36:00 <dobedobedoh> I've started taking a look at this
+07:36:22 <dobedobedoh> We need to modify the .gitattributes file in the release script to get it to exclude only the test directories containing phpunit tests
+07:36:43 <dobedobedoh> I've got it to do that, but I'm also trying to get it to exclude empty 'tests' directories
+07:36:43 <elky> eh?
+07:36:56 <fmarier> that's the DONE item that hughdavenport_ skipped :)
+07:36:57 <dobedobedoh> The packages are created using git archive
+07:37:06 <elky> ah
+07:37:14 * dobedobedoh needs to read ;)
+07:37:17 <dobedobedoh> It's not done though
+07:37:17 <hughdavenport_> ah, was I too smart in skipping it :P
+07:37:27 <hughdavenport_> oh, shall i go back to that one?
+07:37:29 <dobedobedoh> oh - so it is
+07:37:34 <elky> so i'm not going more crazy, that's good.
+07:37:38 <dobedobedoh> sorry, I was reporting on the actual content of the bug
+07:37:38 <hughdavenport_> #undo
+07:37:38 <maharameet> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0x9866a6c>
+07:37:38 <fmarier> well, those who want to discuss it can do so on the bug report I guess
+07:37:41 * dobedobedoh is going crazy
+07:37:41 <hughdavenport_> #item dobedobedoh to create a bug for modifying release & test running scripts to look for tests in the right places. DONE
+07:37:45 <fmarier> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/897593
+07:37:47 <hughdavenport_> #info dobedobedoh to create a bug for modifying release & test running scripts to look for tests in the right places. DONE
+07:37:48 <maharabot> Launchpad bug 897593 in mahara "Update .gitattributes to excluded tests from built releases" [Low,In progress] - Assigned to Andrew Nicols (dobedobedoh)
+07:38:00 <dobedobedoh> Apologies - please move on!
+07:38:14 <fmarier> the action item from last week (creating the bug) is done :)
+07:38:19 <dobedobedoh> yup
+07:38:21 <fmarier> s/week/month/
+07:38:28 <hughdavenport_> right, will go on then
+07:38:31 <hughdavenport_> #info dobedobedoh to look at the possibility of adding a hook to the Makefile to reject patches with security bugs in the subject
+07:38:33 <fmarier> there's even a patch on gerrit
+07:39:09 <dobedobedoh> I've had a look at the Launchpad API and can convert a bug# into a security/not-security
+07:39:12 <dobedobedoh> and public/not-public
+07:39:17 <dobedobedoh> so that's a start
+07:39:32 <hughdavenport_> so it is possible?
+07:39:36 <hughdavenport_> that is good news
+07:39:39 <dobedobedoh> It is :)
+07:39:49 <hughdavenport_> nice, any more to talk on this one?
+07:40:09 <dobedobedoh> I haven't got it to play with anything yet - I was thinking it would probably be best on the gerrit server rather than the Makefile
+07:40:16 <dobedobedoh> but that's all from me
+07:40:22 <hughdavenport_> #info dajan to report on tagging existing 1.5 features on the tracker: newfeature tag
+07:40:26 <hughdavenport_> next up
+07:40:32 <fmarier> dobedobedoh yeah maybe as a server side hook
+07:40:46 <elky> it would definitely be better on the server
+07:40:58 <dobedobedoh> agreed
+07:41:27 <hughdavenport_> just realized dajan isn't here
+07:41:39 <elky> especially since LP is hosted in the wrong hemisphere and can take a while to respond here
+07:41:41 <fmarier> well he's done it, so it's awesome
+07:41:46 <hughdavenport_> does anyone know about that? fmarier you were tagging things
+07:41:54 <hughdavenport_> right
+07:41:57 <fmarier> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bugs?field.tag=newfeature
+07:41:59 <hughdavenport_> #topic Update on the user manual (Kristina)#link http://manual.mahara.org/
+07:42:05 <fmarier> that's the list of the ones he's tagged
+07:42:08 <hughdavenport_> #topic Update on the user manual (Kristina)
+07:42:13 <hughdavenport_> #link http://manual.mahara.org/
+07:42:14 <anitsirk> As you may have seen in the newsletter from Dec. 1, 2011, we started publishing the new user documentation at http://manual.mahara.org It is been written in reStructuredText and turned into fancy looking HTML (and PDF and ePub) with the help of Sphinx.
+07:42:14 <anitsirk> #link http://mahara.org/view/artefact.php?artefact=176713&view=36871 - Mahara Newsletter, December 2011
+07:42:14 <anitsirk> I had abandonded the Asciidoc files and converted them into rST syntax when fmarier showed suggested rST and Sphinx to me. We can also publish directly from git to ReadtheDocs and it should be possible to use Launchpad translations for translating it. :-) That is still under investigation.
+07:42:15 <anitsirk> The PDF output on RTD isn't updated, but we'll deal with that later. I want to get at least the content as complete as possible. ;-)
+07:42:15 <anitsirk> #info the mahara 1.4 user manual is written in reStructuredText, converted into HTML / PDF with Sphinx and published from git to ReadtheDocs at updated at http://manual.mahara.org
+07:42:15 <anitsirk> #link http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html - reStructuredText: Markup syntax and parser system
+07:42:15 <anitsirk> #link http://sphinx.pocoo.org - Sphinx: software to convert rST files into proper documentations
+07:42:16 <anitsirk> #link http://readthedocs.org - Read the Docs: community place to search for and search manuals
+07:42:16 <anitsirk> #link http://readthedocs
+07:42:16 <anitsirk> When I'm done with the 1.4 manual, it will be updating it to cover the already existing 71 1.5 features. ;-)
+07:42:17 <anitsirk> That's about covers it what I wanted to say about the manual.
+07:42:36 <anitsirk> ..
+07:42:37 <elky> excellent work on that, anitsirk :)
+07:42:50 <anitsirk> thanks, elky. fmarier helped heaps
+07:43:13 <anzeljg> a question: is it possible that you create the screnshots also in other languages or are the translators responsible for that?
+07:43:19 <fmarier> manual is in git, people can email patches to anitsirk :)
+07:43:34 <fmarier> anzeljg: we haven't looked at translations yet, but it's definitely on our list
+07:43:49 <anitsirk> anzeljg: we haven't looked into that yet and thus don't know how to deal with screenshots
+07:44:04 <anzeljg> ok
+07:44:11 <anzeljg> it would be great though
+07:44:20 <anitsirk> but i have a document for documentation writes which states that screenshots shouldn't contain any text cause that would make translations more difficult in launchpad i think
+07:44:35 <anitsirk> *writers
+07:45:07 <elky> if we were to have someone make wireframe svgs, it'd be more translatable, but it would also be confusing for users I think
+07:45:24 <anzeljg> yeah, but when you create screenshots of Mahara, used in manual, they certainly contain language strings... right?
+07:45:26 <fmarier> elky: then it wouldn't look like a mahara screenshot though
+07:45:35 <anitsirk> i have some svg files that are also in git to adapt those more easily but i'm not converting screenshtos into wireframes
+07:45:38 <anitsirk> ;-)
+07:45:41 <elky> fmarier, yep, hence the second part of what i said
+07:45:52 <fmarier> we'll get screenshots in the right language, we just don't know how yet because we haven't looked into it
+07:45:58 <anitsirk> anzeljg: the strings that you see on the screen, yes, but not any step-by-step instructions
+07:46:16 <anzeljg> i was reffering to the first one
+07:46:16 <fmarier> there were a lot of other little details to take care of with the english manual :)
+07:47:07 <anitsirk> fmarier is right. but i think it is a good solution and it's definitely easy to update the files already in english
+07:47:17 <elky> i've heard rumors that google is researching how to translate images on the internets, but that will be quite a long way off i'd imagine
+07:48:25 * dobedobedoh wonders whether Selenium could be of any use...
+07:48:33 <anitsirk> i don't trust google traslations too much. they mucked up heinz' newsletter contribution so much that i couldn't link to it...
+07:48:57 <anitsirk> we haven't looked at any integration with automated tests yet as it's been only me updating the manual
+07:49:25 <anitsirk> sphinx has a cool summary when it makes the build files and the biggest oopses are returned
+07:49:33 <fmarier> dobedobedoh: you mean for taking screenshots automatically?
+07:49:44 <dobedobedoh> fmarier: Yup
+07:49:51 <fmarier> that's interesting :)
+07:49:54 <elky> anitsirk, their translations are essentially self-poisoned and they're pulling out of it. however the rumor is that they're looking at the engine to do the translation, something like hand it an image and an xml file and voila
+07:50:22 <elky> dobedobedoh, that is a great idea.
+07:50:29 <anitsirk> mhh. let's wait and see, elky.
+07:50:41 <elky> anitsirk, yeah, i wouldn't go holding my breath for it ;)
+07:50:53 <dobedobedoh> heh yeah - I can't see that being easy
+07:50:56 <anitsirk> mhh. that may not quite work as i do put extra numbers in their to identify the steps
+07:51:21 <elky> anitsirk, you could provide that as an overlay and something like GD could combine the two layers
+07:51:49 * anitsirk wonders if that works in sphinx as everything is compiled in there
+07:52:07 <elky> we work with our upstreams ;)
+07:52:23 <fmarier> i think we're talking about a problem we don't have :) we have translators that diligently take their own screenshots :)
+07:52:39 <elky> yep, this is a geek tangent for sure :)
+07:52:56 <fmarier> yeah and an interesting one I must say
+07:53:08 <elky> but lets do move on
+07:53:19 <hughdavenport_> so moving on?
+07:53:40 <hughdavenport_> #topic Changes to the backend password hash function (hugh)
+07:53:41 <hughdavenport_> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Improve_Password_Storage
+07:54:00 <hughdavenport_> Righto, so I have pushed a few changes to gerrit changing the way we store the hashed passwords
+07:54:11 <hughdavenport_> not sure of the numbers atm, as not at my usual computer
+07:54:25 <hughdavenport_> but basically have changed it from a sha1 hash to bcrypt
+07:54:36 <hughdavenport_> and have added a passwordsaltmain like thing (from moodle)
+07:54:47 <hughdavenport_> so if the db is stolen, you can't brute the passwords
+07:54:47 <fmarier> there's lots of good stuff in that spec, well worth reading
+07:54:50 <hughdavenport_> ..
+07:55:21 <elky> that sounds like a nice insurance policy
+07:55:32 <elky> (the last bit)
+07:55:38 <hughdavenport_> oh and also, we have a inbetween hash, sha512 for bulk actions, and the upgrade path
+07:55:38 <dobedobedoh> Looks good to me
+07:55:53 <anzeljg> nice
+07:55:57 <hughdavenport_> anything more ppl want from that?
+07:56:00 <fmarier> yeah you need to steal a dump of the db and a copy of config.php
+07:56:17 <hughdavenport_> take a look on gerrit to see what is what, hashtag is passwords iirc
+07:56:18 <fmarier> then spend a bit of time generating bcrypt hashes for common passwords
+07:56:47 <elky> with those lists i tacked onto that bug?
+07:56:58 <fmarier> #link https://reviews.mahara.org/#q,status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:password-hash,n,z
+07:57:28 <hughdavenport_> thanks fmarier
+07:58:27 <hughdavenport_> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/843568
+07:58:29 <maharabot> Launchpad bug 843568 in mahara "Stored passwords with a stronger hash algorithm" [Medium,In progress] - Assigned to Hugh Davenport (hugh-catalyst)
+07:58:50 <hughdavenport_> elky what lists you tacked on to the bug?
+07:59:18 <elky> i forget the bug number, not that bug number
+07:59:29 <fmarier> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/844457
+07:59:31 <maharabot> Launchpad bug 844457 in mahara "suckypasswords check is very limited, could be expanded" [Wishlist,Triaged]
+07:59:33 <fmarier> ^^^ that one
+07:59:43 <elky> yeah, thanks fmarier, was still looking
+07:59:45 <hughdavenport_> ah right
+07:59:52 * hughdavenport_ is less confused
+08:00:00 <dobedobedoh> heh
+08:00:24 <hughdavenport_> right, anything more?
+08:01:19 <hughdavenport_> #topic Large bug triage and 1.5.0 (Francois)
+08:01:20 <hughdavenport_> #link https://launchpad.net/mahara/+milestone/1.5.0
+08:01:26 <hughdavenport_> fmarier take the stage
+08:01:33 <fmarier> so you may have seen a large number of bug updates :)
+08:01:51 <elky> the email aftermath anyway
+08:01:53 <fmarier> i've gone through all of the outstanding bugs on the tracker
+08:01:54 <hughdavenport_> yes :P
+08:01:55 * anitsirk hasn't yet waded through the awesomeness yet :-(
+08:02:23 <elky> by outstanding you mean not-milestoned?
+08:02:29 <fmarier> have normalized the tags, found duplicates and adjusted the prioties / milestones of a few
+08:02:38 <fmarier> elky: no, all the ones that are not "fix released"
+08:02:49 <elky> ah
+08:02:49 <dobedobedoh> long job
+08:02:59 <hughdavenport_> yeh good job
+08:03:29 <elky> how's the RSI?
+08:03:38 <fmarier> the reason why i wanted to bring this up is that i have pre-triaged the list for the 1.5 milestone
+08:03:39 <anitsirk> what's RSI?
+08:03:47 <elky> repetitive strain injury
+08:03:47 <fmarier> anitsirk: repetitive stress injury
+08:03:49 <dobedobedoh> Repetitive Strain Injury
+08:03:59 <anitsirk> thanks
+08:04:26 <fmarier> so if you think there's something missing on 1.5 and that you can do in the next month or two, then please feel free to add it there
+08:05:03 <elky> fmarier, i'm noticing we now have several android related issues. perhaps we need to find some way we can test those better
+08:05:09 <fmarier> also, if you have something allocated to you, please consider whether or not you will have time to do it in the next month and if not, consider unassigning yourself from it
+08:05:55 <anitsirk> "next" month" is probably a bit short or would need to be a bit longer with the holidays and all
+08:06:09 <fmarier> i think that many people wanted to have an early freeze date next year, so it would be good to bring that list of bugs down
+08:06:09 <elky> "221 Fix Committed"
+08:06:12 <elky> niiiice
+08:06:47 <hughdavenport_> anything else with this topic?
+08:06:53 <anitsirk> #info fmarier pre-triaged the list of bugs for the 1.5 milestone
+08:06:55 <fmarier> but basically, have a look, make sure none of your pet bugs are missing
+08:07:42 <dobedobedoh> It'd be good if we had a list of tags that we actively use
+08:07:46 <anitsirk> #info if you are allocated to a bug but cannot get to it within the next month, please unassign yourself.
+08:07:49 <dobedobedoh> So that we don't undo all of your work
+08:08:06 <anitsirk> #info if you think there's something missing on 1.5 and that you can do in the next month or two, then please feel free to add it there
+08:08:14 <fmarier> dobedobedoh: there is on this page: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara
+08:08:15 <elky> dobedobedoh, they seem to be more readable in the right-column of the main bugs area now
+08:08:18 <hughdavenport_> there is an official tags list, ekly found it
+08:08:27 <fmarier> click on "show more tags"
+08:08:28 <hughdavenport_> good spelling of elky for me
+08:08:36 <elky> hehe
+08:08:46 <dobedobedoh> ah yes
+08:08:50 * dobedobedoh was looking in the wrong place
+08:08:58 <fmarier> also there is auto-completion of some of the most common tags
+08:09:21 * dobedobedoh grrs at the 'Show less tags'
+08:09:30 <fmarier> what i did while triaging them was to enter a tag, then save and click on it to see how many bugs showed up
+08:09:35 <anitsirk> oh. the tag cloud was converted into a list
+08:09:36 <dobedobedoh> There are tags missing from that list I know are used
+08:09:44 <fmarier> it really helps finding duplicate bugs
+08:10:18 <fmarier> dobedobedoh: yeah, i only made the most common ones "official" because otherwise the list was too long
+08:10:34 <dobedobedoh> Ah okay
+08:10:51 <fmarier> but if you think i've missed important ones, feel free to add them
+08:11:08 <fmarier> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+manage-official-tags
+08:11:25 <hughdavenport_> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+manage-official-tags
+08:11:29 <fmarier> there are still a few that need to be cleaned up on there
+08:13:05 <anitsirk> #info there are now official tags for mahara. only the most common ones are listed in the official tag list at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara
+08:13:18 <fmarier> i guess that topic is done now
+08:13:38 <hughdavenport_> #topic Next meeting and Chair
+08:13:43 <hughdavenport_> I suggest Wednesday, 11 January 2012 at 07:30:00 UTC time
+08:13:44 <hughdavenport_> #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120111T0730
+08:13:51 <hughdavenport_> thoughts?
+08:13:51 <fmarier> hughdavenport_: how about late jan instead?
+08:14:08 <fmarier> with christmans & all, there won't be too much to talk about i reckon
+08:14:32 <hughdavenport_> or feb, so we don't have a meeting then another one two weeks after?
+08:14:49 <hughdavenport_> bug +1's my last
+08:14:52 <anzeljg> agree
+08:14:56 <fmarier> hughdavenport_: well we can have one end of jan, then one end of feb
+08:15:11 <dobedobedoh> End of Feb wfm
+08:15:13 <dobedobedoh> and end of jan
+08:15:15 <hughdavenport_> so we just go to end of month from now?
+08:15:16 <anitsirk> +1 fmarier
+08:15:22 <fmarier> but first weeek of feb works for me too
+08:15:35 <anitsirk> hughdavenport: i think we've done that before
+08:15:47 <fmarier> hughdavenport_: we're not all that regular, it's every 4-5 weeks roughly i think
+08:16:13 <dobedobedoh> So 19:30 UTC on what day?
+08:16:14 <fmarier> so how about tuesday 31 jan or feb 1 ?
+08:16:27 <dobedobedoh> Feb 1st -1 for me ;)
+08:16:45 <anitsirk> should work either date
+08:16:50 <hughdavenport_> #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110201T0730
+08:17:16 <anitsirk> but we usually alternate the mornings and evenings
+08:17:20 <hughdavenport_> ah yes
+08:17:25 <anitsirk> it should be NZ morning
+08:17:38 <hughdavenport_> #undo
+08:17:38 <maharameet> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Link object at 0x98fec2c>
+08:17:41 <hughdavenport_> #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110201T1930
+08:17:50 <hughdavenport_> feb 1st 1930 UTC
+08:17:58 <anitsirk> that way the americans may be able to join in. i'll let them know at the MUG meeting in january
+08:17:58 <dobedobedoh> So it'll be 1st feb for you guys after all
+08:18:05 <fmarier> dobedobedoh said he didn't want feb 1
+08:18:07 <fmarier> #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120131T1930
+08:18:11 <fmarier> ^^^ 31 jan
+08:18:15 <dobedobedoh> I can do 1st feb if it's not 1st feb here ;)
+08:18:39 <fmarier> that last one is 31 jan UTC
+08:18:46 <anitsirk> is it your birthday with all the smileys you include, dobedobedoh ?
+08:19:00 <dobedobedoh> heh yup
+08:19:06 <anitsirk> :-D
+08:19:35 <fmarier> what more could you hope for on your birthday than to take part in a mahara dev meeting? ;-)
+08:19:45 <dobedobedoh> :-p
+08:19:49 <anzeljg> :-D
+08:19:53 <anitsirk> +1 for that meeting date and time
+08:19:56 <dobedobedoh> +1
+08:19:58 <anzeljg> +1
+08:20:16 <hughdavenport_> +2
+08:20:33 <richardm> +1
+08:20:35 <fmarier> hughdavenport_: is that a veto? ;)
+08:20:39 <fmarier> +1
+08:20:44 <anitsirk> nah. that's just bugg as well
+08:20:48 <hughdavenport_> fmarier i have bugg
+08:20:51 <elky> +1
+08:20:59 <fmarier> ah right, i forgot about your silent side-kick
+08:21:05 <hughdavenport_> yup
+08:21:08 <hughdavenport_> he is talking
+08:21:20 <hughdavenport_> we are enjoying some refreshments :D
+08:21:20 <elky> and we don't hear it, so he's silent :P
+08:21:32 <elky> timesheetable pub visit?
+08:21:41 <hughdavenport_> elky do you hear anything on this?
+08:21:42 <fmarier> hughdavenport_: training for the zoodoo i take it?
+08:21:45 <hughdavenport_> and yup :D
+08:21:49 <hughdavenport_> *2
+08:21:52 <hughdavenport_> *4 i should say
+08:22:06 <hughdavenport_> right anyway i think we are agreed
+08:22:11 <elky> yup
+08:22:17 <hughdavenport_> chair?
+08:22:18 <fmarier> dobedobedoh: by the time we have the next meeting, dan_p will be working for Martin right?
+08:22:24 <dobedobedoh> I think so yes
+08:22:30 <dobedobedoh> But he'll be in the UK still
+08:22:51 <hughdavenport_> bugg wants to chair sometime, but probably nz evening
+08:22:57 <anitsirk> hehe
+08:23:22 <anitsirk> i can chair. 8:30 is late ;-)
+08:23:37 <dobedobedoh> fine by me :)
+08:23:41 <dobedobedoh> 07:30 was early for me
+08:23:45 <anzeljg> +1
+08:24:22 <hughdavenport_> we agreed, 31 Jan 1930 UTC anitsirk chairing?
+08:24:27 <anzeljg> +1
+08:24:38 <elky> wfm
+08:24:42 <fmarier> i think so
+08:24:50 <hughdavenport_> #info Next meeting 31 Jan 1930 UTC anitsirk chairing
+08:24:51 <fmarier> #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120131T1930
+08:25:02 <hughdavenport_> #topic Any other business?
+08:25:09 <anzeljg> I've got two...
+08:25:11 <anitsirk> got one
+08:25:38 <hughdavenport_> anzeljg: you go first
+08:25:51 <anzeljg> First: Just as a reminder - what is the status of PluralForms?
+08:26:19 <anzeljg> Second: I'm working on integrating GoogleWebFonts, this part is almost complete.
+08:26:34 <hughdavenport_> ooo, exciting
+08:26:35 <fmarier> i personally lost track of where we got with PluralForms
+08:26:44 <richardm> anzeljg: wrt plural forms, i was waiting for you to approve my patch!
+08:26:58 <richardm> somewhere on github i think
+08:26:59 <anzeljg> And just started working on LivePreview when user designs a custom Skin...
+08:27:12 <anzeljg> Please have a look at:
+08:27:21 <anzeljg> #link http://screencast.com/t/cWrdGaNz4mU
+08:27:30 <anzeljg> Feedback welcome...
+08:27:53 <hughdavenport_> right, that all from you anzeljg ?
+08:27:59 <anzeljg> richardm: I think that was OK. Will have another look. Can you please send me the link to the patch again...
+08:28:00 <anitsirk> #info anzeljg started working on LivePreview when user designs a custom Skin http://screencast.com/t/cWrdGaNz4mU and welcomes feedback
+08:28:20 <anitsirk> #info anzeljg almost finished integrating GoogleWebFonts
+08:28:52 <anitsirk> my one thing: i wish you all happy holidays and a good start into 2012 :-) I know it's still a few weeks away, but anyways
+08:28:55 <hughdavenport_> anitsirk: you next
+08:29:06 <anitsirk> done
+08:29:07 <hughdavenport_> oh, thanks heaps!
+08:29:08 <elky> aww
+08:29:09 <hughdavenport_> you too
+08:29:26 <hughdavenport_> any final final business?
+08:29:42 <anitsirk> nope
+08:29:51 <hughdavenport_> #endmeeting
+ diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..0c598050f6b789a8bb48684105714d1ce4d6dbec --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.txt @@ -0,0 +1,322 @@ +07:32:36 #startmeeting +07:32:36 Meeting started Tue Dec 6 07:32:36 2011 UTC. The chair is hughdavenport_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. +07:32:36 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic. +07:33:00 #info hughdavenport_ is Hugh Davenport and Brett Wilkins from Catalyst IT Wellington +07:33:02 #info @anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, NZ +07:33:14 #info fmarier is Francois Marier +07:33:15 #info anzeljg is Gregor An�elj, ICT teacher, translator, developer +07:33:17 #info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols, LUNS Limited, UK +07:33:41 #info richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst, NZ +07:33:44 #info elky is Melissa Draper, Catalyst IT, NZ +07:34:53 anyone else, jimcrib lamiette rkabalin waawaamilk dan_p lordp? +07:35:29 right, we'll get into it then +07:35:46 #topic Items from last meeting +07:35:47 #info dobedobedoh to look at the possibility of adding a hook to the Makefile to reject patches with security bugs in the subject +07:35:56 please +07:36:00 please please please :P +07:36:00 I've started taking a look at this +07:36:22 We need to modify the .gitattributes file in the release script to get it to exclude only the test directories containing phpunit tests +07:36:43 I've got it to do that, but I'm also trying to get it to exclude empty 'tests' directories +07:36:43 eh? +07:36:56 that's the DONE item that hughdavenport_ skipped :) +07:36:57 The packages are created using git archive +07:37:06 ah +07:37:14 * dobedobedoh needs to read ;) +07:37:17 It's not done though +07:37:17 ah, was I too smart in skipping it :P +07:37:27 oh, shall i go back to that one? +07:37:29 oh - so it is +07:37:34 so i'm not going more crazy, that's good. +07:37:38 sorry, I was reporting on the actual content of the bug +07:37:38 #undo +07:37:38 Removing item from minutes: +07:37:38 well, those who want to discuss it can do so on the bug report I guess +07:37:41 * dobedobedoh is going crazy +07:37:41 #item dobedobedoh to create a bug for modifying release & test running scripts to look for tests in the right places. DONE +07:37:45 #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/897593 +07:37:47 #info dobedobedoh to create a bug for modifying release & test running scripts to look for tests in the right places. DONE +07:37:48 Launchpad bug 897593 in mahara "Update .gitattributes to excluded tests from built releases" [Low,In progress] - Assigned to Andrew Nicols (dobedobedoh) +07:38:00 Apologies - please move on! +07:38:14 the action item from last week (creating the bug) is done :) +07:38:19 yup +07:38:21 s/week/month/ +07:38:28 right, will go on then +07:38:31 #info dobedobedoh to look at the possibility of adding a hook to the Makefile to reject patches with security bugs in the subject +07:38:33 there's even a patch on gerrit +07:39:09 I've had a look at the Launchpad API and can convert a bug# into a security/not-security +07:39:12 and public/not-public +07:39:17 so that's a start +07:39:32 so it is possible? +07:39:36 that is good news +07:39:39 It is :) +07:39:49 nice, any more to talk on this one? +07:40:09 I haven't got it to play with anything yet - I was thinking it would probably be best on the gerrit server rather than the Makefile +07:40:16 but that's all from me +07:40:22 #info dajan to report on tagging existing 1.5 features on the tracker: newfeature tag +07:40:26 next up +07:40:32 dobedobedoh yeah maybe as a server side hook +07:40:46 it would definitely be better on the server +07:40:58 agreed +07:41:27 just realized dajan isn't here +07:41:39 especially since LP is hosted in the wrong hemisphere and can take a while to respond here +07:41:41 well he's done it, so it's awesome +07:41:46 does anyone know about that? fmarier you were tagging things +07:41:54 right +07:41:57 #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bugs?field.tag=newfeature +07:41:59 #topic Update on the user manual (Kristina)#link http://manual.mahara.org/ +07:42:05 that's the list of the ones he's tagged +07:42:08 #topic Update on the user manual (Kristina) +07:42:13 #link http://manual.mahara.org/ +07:42:14 As you may have seen in the newsletter from Dec. 1, 2011, we started publishing the new user documentation at http://manual.mahara.org It is been written in reStructuredText and turned into fancy looking HTML (and PDF and ePub) with the help of Sphinx. +07:42:14 #link http://mahara.org/view/artefact.php?artefact=176713&view=36871 - Mahara Newsletter, December 2011 +07:42:14 I had abandonded the Asciidoc files and converted them into rST syntax when fmarier showed suggested rST and Sphinx to me. We can also publish directly from git to ReadtheDocs and it should be possible to use Launchpad translations for translating it. :-) That is still under investigation. +07:42:15 The PDF output on RTD isn't updated, but we'll deal with that later. I want to get at least the content as complete as possible. ;-) +07:42:15 #info the mahara 1.4 user manual is written in reStructuredText, converted into HTML / PDF with Sphinx and published from git to ReadtheDocs at updated at http://manual.mahara.org +07:42:15 #link http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html - reStructuredText: Markup syntax and parser system +07:42:15 #link http://sphinx.pocoo.org - Sphinx: software to convert rST files into proper documentations +07:42:16 #link http://readthedocs.org - Read the Docs: community place to search for and search manuals +07:42:16 #link http://readthedocs +07:42:16 When I'm done with the 1.4 manual, it will be updating it to cover the already existing 71 1.5 features. ;-) +07:42:17 That's about covers it what I wanted to say about the manual. +07:42:36 .. +07:42:37 excellent work on that, anitsirk :) +07:42:50 thanks, elky. fmarier helped heaps +07:43:13 a question: is it possible that you create the screnshots also in other languages or are the translators responsible for that? +07:43:19 manual is in git, people can email patches to anitsirk :) +07:43:34 anzeljg: we haven't looked at translations yet, but it's definitely on our list +07:43:49 anzeljg: we haven't looked into that yet and thus don't know how to deal with screenshots +07:44:04 ok +07:44:11 it would be great though +07:44:20 but i have a document for documentation writes which states that screenshots shouldn't contain any text cause that would make translations more difficult in launchpad i think +07:44:35 *writers +07:45:07 if we were to have someone make wireframe svgs, it'd be more translatable, but it would also be confusing for users I think +07:45:24 yeah, but when you create screenshots of Mahara, used in manual, they certainly contain language strings... right? +07:45:26 elky: then it wouldn't look like a mahara screenshot though +07:45:35 i have some svg files that are also in git to adapt those more easily but i'm not converting screenshtos into wireframes +07:45:38 ;-) +07:45:41 fmarier, yep, hence the second part of what i said +07:45:52 we'll get screenshots in the right language, we just don't know how yet because we haven't looked into it +07:45:58 anzeljg: the strings that you see on the screen, yes, but not any step-by-step instructions +07:46:16 i was reffering to the first one +07:46:16 there were a lot of other little details to take care of with the english manual :) +07:47:07 fmarier is right. but i think it is a good solution and it's definitely easy to update the files already in english +07:47:17 i've heard rumors that google is researching how to translate images on the internets, but that will be quite a long way off i'd imagine +07:48:25 * dobedobedoh wonders whether Selenium could be of any use... +07:48:33 i don't trust google traslations too much. they mucked up heinz' newsletter contribution so much that i couldn't link to it... +07:48:57 we haven't looked at any integration with automated tests yet as it's been only me updating the manual +07:49:25 sphinx has a cool summary when it makes the build files and the biggest oopses are returned +07:49:33 dobedobedoh: you mean for taking screenshots automatically? +07:49:44 fmarier: Yup +07:49:51 that's interesting :) +07:49:54 anitsirk, their translations are essentially self-poisoned and they're pulling out of it. however the rumor is that they're looking at the engine to do the translation, something like hand it an image and an xml file and voila +07:50:22 dobedobedoh, that is a great idea. +07:50:29 mhh. let's wait and see, elky. +07:50:41 anitsirk, yeah, i wouldn't go holding my breath for it ;) +07:50:53 heh yeah - I can't see that being easy +07:50:56 mhh. that may not quite work as i do put extra numbers in their to identify the steps +07:51:21 anitsirk, you could provide that as an overlay and something like GD could combine the two layers +07:51:49 * anitsirk wonders if that works in sphinx as everything is compiled in there +07:52:07 we work with our upstreams ;) +07:52:23 i think we're talking about a problem we don't have :) we have translators that diligently take their own screenshots :) +07:52:39 yep, this is a geek tangent for sure :) +07:52:56 yeah and an interesting one I must say +07:53:08 but lets do move on +07:53:19 so moving on? +07:53:40 #topic Changes to the backend password hash function (hugh) +07:53:41 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Improve_Password_Storage +07:54:00 Righto, so I have pushed a few changes to gerrit changing the way we store the hashed passwords +07:54:11 not sure of the numbers atm, as not at my usual computer +07:54:25 but basically have changed it from a sha1 hash to bcrypt +07:54:36 and have added a passwordsaltmain like thing (from moodle) +07:54:47 so if the db is stolen, you can't brute the passwords +07:54:47 there's lots of good stuff in that spec, well worth reading +07:54:50 .. +07:55:21 that sounds like a nice insurance policy +07:55:32 (the last bit) +07:55:38 oh and also, we have a inbetween hash, sha512 for bulk actions, and the upgrade path +07:55:38 Looks good to me +07:55:53 nice +07:55:57 anything more ppl want from that? +07:56:00 yeah you need to steal a dump of the db and a copy of config.php +07:56:17 take a look on gerrit to see what is what, hashtag is passwords iirc +07:56:18 then spend a bit of time generating bcrypt hashes for common passwords +07:56:47 with those lists i tacked onto that bug? +07:56:58 #link https://reviews.mahara.org/#q,status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:password-hash,n,z +07:57:28 thanks fmarier +07:58:27 #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/843568 +07:58:29 Launchpad bug 843568 in mahara "Stored passwords with a stronger hash algorithm" [Medium,In progress] - Assigned to Hugh Davenport (hugh-catalyst) +07:58:50 elky what lists you tacked on to the bug? +07:59:18 i forget the bug number, not that bug number +07:59:29 #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/844457 +07:59:31 Launchpad bug 844457 in mahara "suckypasswords check is very limited, could be expanded" [Wishlist,Triaged] +07:59:33 ^^^ that one +07:59:43 yeah, thanks fmarier, was still looking +07:59:45 ah right +07:59:52 * hughdavenport_ is less confused +08:00:00 heh +08:00:24 right, anything more? +08:01:19 #topic Large bug triage and 1.5.0 (Francois) +08:01:20 #link https://launchpad.net/mahara/+milestone/1.5.0 +08:01:26 fmarier take the stage +08:01:33 so you may have seen a large number of bug updates :) +08:01:51 the email aftermath anyway +08:01:53 i've gone through all of the outstanding bugs on the tracker +08:01:54 yes :P +08:01:55 * anitsirk hasn't yet waded through the awesomeness yet :-( +08:02:23 by outstanding you mean not-milestoned? +08:02:29 have normalized the tags, found duplicates and adjusted the prioties / milestones of a few +08:02:38 elky: no, all the ones that are not "fix released" +08:02:49 ah +08:02:49 long job +08:02:59 yeh good job +08:03:29 how's the RSI? +08:03:38 the reason why i wanted to bring this up is that i have pre-triaged the list for the 1.5 milestone +08:03:39 what's RSI? +08:03:47 repetitive strain injury +08:03:47 anitsirk: repetitive stress injury +08:03:49 Repetitive Strain Injury +08:03:59 thanks +08:04:26 so if you think there's something missing on 1.5 and that you can do in the next month or two, then please feel free to add it there +08:05:03 fmarier, i'm noticing we now have several android related issues. perhaps we need to find some way we can test those better +08:05:09 also, if you have something allocated to you, please consider whether or not you will have time to do it in the next month and if not, consider unassigning yourself from it +08:05:55 "next" month" is probably a bit short or would need to be a bit longer with the holidays and all +08:06:09 i think that many people wanted to have an early freeze date next year, so it would be good to bring that list of bugs down +08:06:09 "221 Fix Committed" +08:06:12 niiiice +08:06:47 anything else with this topic? +08:06:53 #info fmarier pre-triaged the list of bugs for the 1.5 milestone +08:06:55 but basically, have a look, make sure none of your pet bugs are missing +08:07:42 It'd be good if we had a list of tags that we actively use +08:07:46 #info if you are allocated to a bug but cannot get to it within the next month, please unassign yourself. +08:07:49 So that we don't undo all of your work +08:08:06 #info if you think there's something missing on 1.5 and that you can do in the next month or two, then please feel free to add it there +08:08:14 dobedobedoh: there is on this page: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara +08:08:15 dobedobedoh, they seem to be more readable in the right-column of the main bugs area now +08:08:18 there is an official tags list, ekly found it +08:08:27 click on "show more tags" +08:08:28 good spelling of elky for me +08:08:36 hehe +08:08:46 ah yes +08:08:50 * dobedobedoh was looking in the wrong place +08:08:58 also there is auto-completion of some of the most common tags +08:09:21 * dobedobedoh grrs at the 'Show less tags' +08:09:30 what i did while triaging them was to enter a tag, then save and click on it to see how many bugs showed up +08:09:35 oh. the tag cloud was converted into a list +08:09:36 There are tags missing from that list I know are used +08:09:44 it really helps finding duplicate bugs +08:10:18 dobedobedoh: yeah, i only made the most common ones "official" because otherwise the list was too long +08:10:34 Ah okay +08:10:51 but if you think i've missed important ones, feel free to add them +08:11:08 https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+manage-official-tags +08:11:25 #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+manage-official-tags +08:11:29 there are still a few that need to be cleaned up on there +08:13:05 #info there are now official tags for mahara. only the most common ones are listed in the official tag list at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara +08:13:18 i guess that topic is done now +08:13:38 #topic Next meeting and Chair +08:13:43 I suggest Wednesday, 11 January 2012 at 07:30:00 UTC time +08:13:44 #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120111T0730 +08:13:51 thoughts? +08:13:51 hughdavenport_: how about late jan instead? +08:14:08 with christmans & all, there won't be too much to talk about i reckon +08:14:32 or feb, so we don't have a meeting then another one two weeks after? +08:14:49 bug +1's my last +08:14:52 agree +08:14:56 hughdavenport_: well we can have one end of jan, then one end of feb +08:15:11 End of Feb wfm +08:15:13 and end of jan +08:15:15 so we just go to end of month from now? +08:15:16 +1 fmarier +08:15:22 but first weeek of feb works for me too +08:15:35 hughdavenport: i think we've done that before +08:15:47 hughdavenport_: we're not all that regular, it's every 4-5 weeks roughly i think +08:16:13 So 19:30 UTC on what day? +08:16:14 so how about tuesday 31 jan or feb 1 ? +08:16:27 Feb 1st -1 for me ;) +08:16:45 should work either date +08:16:50 #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110201T0730 +08:17:16 but we usually alternate the mornings and evenings +08:17:20 ah yes +08:17:25 it should be NZ morning +08:17:38 #undo +08:17:38 Removing item from minutes: +08:17:41 #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110201T1930 +08:17:50 feb 1st 1930 UTC +08:17:58 that way the americans may be able to join in. i'll let them know at the MUG meeting in january +08:17:58 So it'll be 1st feb for you guys after all +08:18:05 dobedobedoh said he didn't want feb 1 +08:18:07 #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120131T1930 +08:18:11 ^^^ 31 jan +08:18:15 I can do 1st feb if it's not 1st feb here ;) +08:18:39 that last one is 31 jan UTC +08:18:46 is it your birthday with all the smileys you include, dobedobedoh ? +08:19:00 heh yup +08:19:06 :-D +08:19:35 what more could you hope for on your birthday than to take part in a mahara dev meeting? ;-) +08:19:45 :-p +08:19:49 :-D +08:19:53 +1 for that meeting date and time +08:19:56 +1 +08:19:58 +1 +08:20:16 +2 +08:20:33 +1 +08:20:35 hughdavenport_: is that a veto? ;) +08:20:39 +1 +08:20:44 nah. that's just bugg as well +08:20:48 fmarier i have bugg +08:20:51 +1 +08:20:59 ah right, i forgot about your silent side-kick +08:21:05 yup +08:21:08 he is talking +08:21:20 we are enjoying some refreshments :D +08:21:20 and we don't hear it, so he's silent :P +08:21:32 timesheetable pub visit? +08:21:41 elky do you hear anything on this? +08:21:42 hughdavenport_: training for the zoodoo i take it? +08:21:45 and yup :D +08:21:49 *2 +08:21:52 *4 i should say +08:22:06 right anyway i think we are agreed +08:22:11 yup +08:22:17 chair? +08:22:18 dobedobedoh: by the time we have the next meeting, dan_p will be working for Martin right? +08:22:24 I think so yes +08:22:30 But he'll be in the UK still +08:22:51 bugg wants to chair sometime, but probably nz evening +08:22:57 hehe +08:23:22 i can chair. 8:30 is late ;-) +08:23:37 fine by me :) +08:23:41 07:30 was early for me +08:23:45 +1 +08:24:22 we agreed, 31 Jan 1930 UTC anitsirk chairing? +08:24:27 +1 +08:24:38 wfm +08:24:42 i think so +08:24:50 #info Next meeting 31 Jan 1930 UTC anitsirk chairing +08:24:51 #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120131T1930 +08:25:02 #topic Any other business? +08:25:09 I've got two... +08:25:11 got one +08:25:38 anzeljg: you go first +08:25:51 First: Just as a reminder - what is the status of PluralForms? +08:26:19 Second: I'm working on integrating GoogleWebFonts, this part is almost complete. +08:26:34 ooo, exciting +08:26:35 i personally lost track of where we got with PluralForms +08:26:44 anzeljg: wrt plural forms, i was waiting for you to approve my patch! +08:26:58 somewhere on github i think +08:26:59 And just started working on LivePreview when user designs a custom Skin... +08:27:12 Please have a look at: +08:27:21 #link http://screencast.com/t/cWrdGaNz4mU +08:27:30 Feedback welcome... +08:27:53 right, that all from you anzeljg ? +08:27:59 richardm: I think that was OK. Will have another look. Can you please send me the link to the patch again... +08:28:00 #info anzeljg started working on LivePreview when user designs a custom Skin http://screencast.com/t/cWrdGaNz4mU and welcomes feedback +08:28:20 #info anzeljg almost finished integrating GoogleWebFonts +08:28:52 my one thing: i wish you all happy holidays and a good start into 2012 :-) I know it's still a few weeks away, but anyways +08:28:55 anitsirk: you next +08:29:06 done +08:29:07 oh, thanks heaps! +08:29:08 aww +08:29:09 you too +08:29:26 any final final business? +08:29:42 nope +08:29:51 #endmeeting \ No newline at end of file diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..3a5a547903efba55e841d499cd40ae13a70d6ad8 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.txt @@ -0,0 +1,149 @@ +=================== +#mahara-dev Meeting +=================== + + +Meeting started by hughdavenport_ at 07:32:36 UTC. The full logs are +available at +http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html +. + + + +Meeting summary +--------------- +* hughdavenport_ is Hugh Davenport and Brett Wilkins from Catalyst IT + Wellington (hughdavenport_, 07:33:00) +* @anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, NZ (anitsirk, 07:33:02) +* fmarier is Francois Marier (fmarier, 07:33:14) +* anzeljg is Gregor An�elj, ICT teacher, translator, developer + (anzeljg, 07:33:15) +* dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols, LUNS Limited, UK (dobedobedoh, + 07:33:17) +* richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst, NZ (richardm, 07:33:41) +* elky is Melissa Draper, Catalyst IT, NZ (elky, 07:33:44) +* Items from last meeting (hughdavenport_, 07:35:46) + * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/897593 (fmarier, + 07:37:45) + * dobedobedoh to create a bug for modifying release & test running + scripts to look for tests in the right places. DONE + (hughdavenport_, 07:37:47) + * dobedobedoh to look at the possibility of adding a hook to the + Makefile to reject patches with security bugs in the subject + (hughdavenport_, 07:38:31) + * dajan to report on tagging existing 1.5 features on the tracker: + newfeature tag (hughdavenport_, 07:40:22) + * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bugs?field.tag=newfeature + (fmarier, 07:41:57) + +* Update on the user manual (Kristina)#link http://manual.mahara.org/ + (hughdavenport_, 07:41:59) + +* Update on the user manual (Kristina) (hughdavenport_, 07:42:08) + * LINK: http://manual.mahara.org/ (hughdavenport_, 07:42:13) + * LINK: http://mahara.org/view/artefact.php?artefact=176713&view=36871 + - Mahara Newsletter, December 2011 (anitsirk, 07:42:14) + * the mahara 1.4 user manual is written in reStructuredText, converted + into HTML / PDF with Sphinx and published from git to ReadtheDocs at + updated at http://manual.mahara.org (anitsirk, 07:42:15) + * LINK: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html - reStructuredText: + Markup syntax and parser system (anitsirk, 07:42:15) + * LINK: http://sphinx.pocoo.org - Sphinx: software to convert rST + files into proper documentations (anitsirk, 07:42:15) + * LINK: http://readthedocs.org - Read the Docs: community place to + search for and search manuals (anitsirk, 07:42:16) + * LINK: http://readthedocs (anitsirk, 07:42:16) + +* Changes to the backend password hash function (hugh) (hughdavenport_, + 07:53:40) + * LINK: + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Improve_Password_Storage + (hughdavenport_, 07:53:41) + * LINK: + https://reviews.mahara.org/#q,status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:password-hash,n,z + (fmarier, 07:56:58) + * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/843568 + (hughdavenport_, 07:58:27) + * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/844457 (fmarier, + 07:59:29) + +* Large bug triage and 1.5.0 (Francois) (hughdavenport_, 08:01:19) + * LINK: https://launchpad.net/mahara/+milestone/1.5.0 + (hughdavenport_, 08:01:20) + * fmarier pre-triaged the list of bugs for the 1.5 milestone + (anitsirk, 08:06:53) + * if you are allocated to a bug but cannot get to it within the next + month, please unassign yourself. (anitsirk, 08:07:46) + * if you think there's something missing on 1.5 and that you can do in + the next month or two, then please feel free to add it there + (anitsirk, 08:08:06) + * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+manage-official-tags + (fmarier, 08:11:08) + * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+manage-official-tags + (hughdavenport_, 08:11:25) + * there are now official tags for mahara. only the most common ones + are listed in the official tag list at + https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara (anitsirk, 08:13:05) + +* Next meeting and Chair (hughdavenport_, 08:13:38) + * LINK: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120111T0730 + (hughdavenport_, 08:13:44) + * LINK: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110201T1930 + (hughdavenport_, 08:17:41) + * LINK: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120131T1930 + (fmarier, 08:18:07) + * Next meeting 31 Jan 1930 UTC anitsirk chairing (hughdavenport_, + 08:24:50) + * LINK: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120131T1930 + (fmarier, 08:24:51) + +* Any other business? (hughdavenport_, 08:25:02) + * LINK: http://screencast.com/t/cWrdGaNz4mU (anzeljg, 08:27:21) + * anzeljg started working on LivePreview when user designs a custom + Skin http://screencast.com/t/cWrdGaNz4mU and welcomes feedback + (anitsirk, 08:28:00) + * anzeljg almost finished integrating GoogleWebFonts (anitsirk, + 08:28:20) + +Meeting ended at 08:29:51 UTC. + + + + +Action Items +------------ + + + + + +Action Items, by person +----------------------- +* **UNASSIGNED** + * (none) + + + + +People Present (lines said) +--------------------------- +* hughdavenport_ (86) +* fmarier (65) +* anitsirk (54) +* dobedobedoh (46) +* elky (40) +* anzeljg (20) +* richardm (4) +* maharameet (4) +* maharabot (3) + + + + +Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 + +.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot