Commit 67aec821 authored by Francois Marier's avatar Francois Marier
Browse files

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 6th December 2011

Signed-off-by: default avatarFrancois Marier <>
parent f258d135
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev Meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
h1 {
text-align: center;
a {
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
a:hover {
border-bottom: 0;
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
<h1>#mahara-dev Meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by hughdavenport_ at 07:32:36 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">hughdavenport_ is Hugh Davenport and Brett
Wilkins from Catalyst IT Wellington</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">@anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT,
NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">fmarier is Francois Marier</span> <span
<li><span class="INFO">anzeljg is Gregor An�elj, ICT teacher,
translator, developer</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols, LUNS Limited,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst,
NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">elky is Melissa Draper, Catalyst IT, NZ</span>
<span class="details">(<a
<li><b class="TOPIC">Items from last meeting</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html#l-13'>hughdavenport_</a>, 07:35:46)</span>
<ol type="a">
<span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">dobedobedoh to create a bug for modifying
release &amp; test running scripts to look for tests in the right
places. DONE</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">dobedobedoh to look at the possibility of
adding a hook to the Makefile to reject patches with security bugs
in the subject</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">dajan to report on tagging existing 1.5
features on the tracker: newfeature tag</span> <span
<span class="details">(<a
<li><b class="TOPIC">Update on the user manual (Kristina)#link</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html#l-66'>hughdavenport_</a>, 07:41:59)</span>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Update on the user manual (Kristina)</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html#l-68'>hughdavenport_</a>, 07:42:08)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a href=""></a>
<span class="details">(<a
- Mahara Newsletter, December 2011 <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">the mahara 1.4 user manual is written in
reStructuredText, converted into HTML / PDF with Sphinx and
published from git to ReadtheDocs at updated at</span> <span class="details">(<a
- reStructuredText: Markup syntax and parser system <span
<li><a href=""></a> -
Sphinx: software to convert rST files into proper documentations
<span class="details">(<a
<li><a href=""></a> - Read
the Docs: community place to search for and search manuals <span
<li><a href="http://readthedocs">http://readthedocs</a> <span
<li><b class="TOPIC">Changes to the backend password hash function (hugh)</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html#l-125'>hughdavenport_</a>, 07:53:40)</span>
<ol type="a">
<span class="details">(<a
<span class="details">(<a
<span class="details">(<a
<span class="details">(<a
<li><b class="TOPIC">Large bug triage and 1.5.0 (Francois)</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html#l-158'>hughdavenport_</a>, 08:01:19)</span>
<ol type="a">
<span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">fmarier pre-triaged the list of bugs for the
1.5 milestone</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">if you are allocated to a bug but cannot get to
it within the next month, please unassign yourself.</span> <span
<li><span class="INFO">if you think there's something missing on 1.5
and that you can do in the next month or two, then please feel free
to add it there</span> <span class="details">(<a
<span class="details">(<a
<span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">there are now official tags for mahara. only
the most common ones are listed in the official tag list at</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next meeting and Chair</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html#l-215'>hughdavenport_</a>, 08:13:38)</span>
<ol type="a">
<span class="details">(<a
<span class="details">(<a
<span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">Next meeting 31 Jan 1930 UTC anitsirk
chairing</span> <span class="details">(<a
<span class="details">(<a
<li><b class="TOPIC">Any other business?</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html#l-296'>hughdavenport_</a>, 08:25:02)</span>
<ol type="a">
<span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">anzeljg started working on LivePreview when
user designs a custom Skin and
welcomes feedback</span> <span class="details">(<a
<li><span class="INFO">anzeljg almost finished integrating
GoogleWebFonts</span> <span class="details">(<a
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 08:29:51 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2011-12-06-07.32.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<li>hughdavenport_ (86)</li>
<li>fmarier (65)</li>
<li>anitsirk (54)</li>
<li>dobedobedoh (46)</li>
<li>elky (40)</li>
<li>anzeljg (20)</li>
<li>richardm (4)</li>
<li>maharameet (4)</li>
<li>maharabot (3)</li>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev log</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* For the .log.html */
pre { /*line-height: 125%;*/
white-space: pre-wrap; }
body { background: #f0f0f0; }
body .tm { color: #007020 } /* time */
body .nk { color: #062873; font-weight: bold } /* nick, regular */
body .nka { color: #007020; font-weight: bold } /* action nick */
body .ac { color: #00A000 } /* action line */
body .hi { color: #4070a0 } /* hilights */
/* Things to make particular MeetBot commands stick out */
body .topic { color: #007020; font-weight: bold }
body .topicline { color: #000080; font-weight: bold }
body .cmd { color: #007020; font-weight: bold }
body .cmdline { font-weight: bold }
<pre><a name="l-1"></a><span class="tm">07:32:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#startmeeting</span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-2"></a><span class="tm">07:32:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;maharameet&gt;</span> Meeting started Tue Dec 6 07:32:36 2011 UTC. The chair is hughdavenport_. Information about MeetBot at
<a name="l-3"></a><span class="tm">07:32:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;maharameet&gt;</span> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
<a name="l-4"></a><span class="tm">07:33:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">hughdavenport_ is Hugh Davenport and Brett Wilkins from Catalyst IT Wellington</span>
<a name="l-5"></a><span class="tm">07:33:02</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">@anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, NZ</span>
<a name="l-6"></a><span class="tm">07:33:14</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">fmarier is Francois Marier</span>
<a name="l-7"></a><span class="tm">07:33:15</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anzeljg&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">anzeljg is Gregor An�elj, ICT teacher, translator, developer</span>
<a name="l-8"></a><span class="tm">07:33:17</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols, LUNS Limited, UK</span>
<a name="l-9"></a><span class="tm">07:33:41</span><span class="nk"> &lt;richardm&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst, NZ</span>
<a name="l-10"></a><span class="tm">07:33:44</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">elky is Melissa Draper, Catalyst IT, NZ</span>
<a name="l-11"></a><span class="tm">07:34:53</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> anyone else, jimcrib lamiette rkabalin waawaamilk dan_p lordp?
<a name="l-12"></a><span class="tm">07:35:29</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> right, we'll get into it then
<a name="l-13"></a><span class="tm">07:35:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="topic">#topic </span><span class="topicline">Items from last meeting</span>
<a name="l-14"></a><span class="tm">07:35:47</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">dobedobedoh to look at the possibility of adding a hook to the Makefile to reject patches with security bugs in the subject</span>
<a name="l-15"></a><span class="tm">07:35:56</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> please
<a name="l-16"></a><span class="tm">07:36:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> please please please :P
<a name="l-17"></a><span class="tm">07:36:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> I've started taking a look at this
<a name="l-18"></a><span class="tm">07:36:22</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> We need to modify the .gitattributes file in the release script to get it to exclude only the test directories containing phpunit tests
<a name="l-19"></a><span class="tm">07:36:43</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> I've got it to do that, but I'm also trying to get it to exclude empty 'tests' directories
<a name="l-20"></a><span class="tm">07:36:43</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> eh?
<a name="l-21"></a><span class="tm">07:36:56</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> that's the DONE item that hughdavenport_ skipped :)
<a name="l-22"></a><span class="tm">07:36:57</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> The packages are created using git archive
<a name="l-23"></a><span class="tm">07:37:06</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> ah
<a name="l-24"></a><span class="tm">07:37:14 </span><span class="nka">* dobedobedoh</span> <span class="ac">needs to read ;)</span>
<a name="l-25"></a><span class="tm">07:37:17</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> It's not done though
<a name="l-26"></a><span class="tm">07:37:17</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> ah, was I too smart in skipping it :P
<a name="l-27"></a><span class="tm">07:37:27</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> oh, shall i go back to that one?
<a name="l-28"></a><span class="tm">07:37:29</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> oh - so it is
<a name="l-29"></a><span class="tm">07:37:34</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> so i'm not going more crazy, that's good.
<a name="l-30"></a><span class="tm">07:37:38</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> sorry, I was reporting on the actual content of the bug
<a name="l-31"></a><span class="tm">07:37:38</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#undo</span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-32"></a><span class="tm">07:37:38</span><span class="nk"> &lt;maharameet&gt;</span> Removing item from minutes: &lt;MeetBot.items.Info object at 0x9866a6c&gt;
<a name="l-33"></a><span class="tm">07:37:38</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> well, those who want to discuss it can do so on the bug report I guess
<a name="l-34"></a><span class="tm">07:37:41 </span><span class="nka">* dobedobedoh</span> <span class="ac">is going crazy</span>
<a name="l-35"></a><span class="tm">07:37:41</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#item </span><span class="cmdline">dobedobedoh to create a bug for modifying release &amp; test running scripts to look for tests in the right places. DONE</span>
<a name="l-36"></a><span class="tm">07:37:45</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-37"></a><span class="tm">07:37:47</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">dobedobedoh to create a bug for modifying release &amp; test running scripts to look for tests in the right places. DONE</span>
<a name="l-38"></a><span class="tm">07:37:48</span><span class="nk"> &lt;maharabot&gt;</span> Launchpad bug 897593 in mahara "Update .gitattributes to excluded tests from built releases" [Low,In progress] - Assigned to Andrew Nicols (dobedobedoh)
<a name="l-39"></a><span class="tm">07:38:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> Apologies - please move on!
<a name="l-40"></a><span class="tm">07:38:14</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> the action item from last week (creating the bug) is done :)
<a name="l-41"></a><span class="tm">07:38:19</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> yup
<a name="l-42"></a><span class="tm">07:38:21</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> s/week/month/
<a name="l-43"></a><span class="tm">07:38:28</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> right, will go on then
<a name="l-44"></a><span class="tm">07:38:31</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">dobedobedoh to look at the possibility of adding a hook to the Makefile to reject patches with security bugs in the subject</span>
<a name="l-45"></a><span class="tm">07:38:33</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> there's even a patch on gerrit
<a name="l-46"></a><span class="tm">07:39:09</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> I've had a look at the Launchpad API and can convert a bug# into a security/not-security
<a name="l-47"></a><span class="tm">07:39:12</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> and public/not-public
<a name="l-48"></a><span class="tm">07:39:17</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> so that's a start
<a name="l-49"></a><span class="tm">07:39:32</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> so it is possible?
<a name="l-50"></a><span class="tm">07:39:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> that is good news
<a name="l-51"></a><span class="tm">07:39:39</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> It is :)
<a name="l-52"></a><span class="tm">07:39:49</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> nice, any more to talk on this one?
<a name="l-53"></a><span class="tm">07:40:09</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> I haven't got it to play with anything yet - I was thinking it would probably be best on the gerrit server rather than the Makefile
<a name="l-54"></a><span class="tm">07:40:16</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> but that's all from me
<a name="l-55"></a><span class="tm">07:40:22</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">dajan to report on tagging existing 1.5 features on the tracker: newfeature tag</span>
<a name="l-56"></a><span class="tm">07:40:26</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> next up
<a name="l-57"></a><span class="tm">07:40:32</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> dobedobedoh yeah maybe as a server side hook
<a name="l-58"></a><span class="tm">07:40:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> it would definitely be better on the server
<a name="l-59"></a><span class="tm">07:40:58</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> agreed
<a name="l-60"></a><span class="tm">07:41:27</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> just realized dajan isn't here
<a name="l-61"></a><span class="tm">07:41:39</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> especially since LP is hosted in the wrong hemisphere and can take a while to respond here
<a name="l-62"></a><span class="tm">07:41:41</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> well he's done it, so it's awesome
<a name="l-63"></a><span class="tm">07:41:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> does anyone know about that? fmarier you were tagging things
<a name="l-64"></a><span class="tm">07:41:54</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> right
<a name="l-65"></a><span class="tm">07:41:57</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-66"></a><span class="tm">07:41:59</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="topic">#topic </span><span class="topicline">Update on the user manual (Kristina)#link</span>
<a name="l-67"></a><span class="tm">07:42:05</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> that's the list of the ones he's tagged
<a name="l-68"></a><span class="tm">07:42:08</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="topic">#topic </span><span class="topicline">Update on the user manual (Kristina)</span>
<a name="l-69"></a><span class="tm">07:42:13</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-70"></a><span class="tm">07:42:14</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> As you may have seen in the newsletter from Dec. 1, 2011, we started publishing the new user documentation at It is been written in reStructuredText and turned into fancy looking HTML (and PDF and ePub) with the help of Sphinx.
<a name="l-71"></a><span class="tm">07:42:14</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline">;view=36871 - Mahara Newsletter, December 2011</span>
<a name="l-72"></a><span class="tm">07:42:14</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> I had abandonded the Asciidoc files and converted them into rST syntax when fmarier showed suggested rST and Sphinx to me. We can also publish directly from git to ReadtheDocs and it should be possible to use Launchpad translations for translating it. :-) That is still under investigation.
<a name="l-73"></a><span class="tm">07:42:15</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> The PDF output on RTD isn't updated, but we'll deal with that later. I want to get at least the content as complete as possible. ;-)
<a name="l-74"></a><span class="tm">07:42:15</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">the mahara 1.4 user manual is written in reStructuredText, converted into HTML / PDF with Sphinx and published from git to ReadtheDocs at updated at</span>
<a name="l-75"></a><span class="tm">07:42:15</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"> - reStructuredText: Markup syntax and parser system</span>
<a name="l-76"></a><span class="tm">07:42:15</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"> - Sphinx: software to convert rST files into proper documentations</span>
<a name="l-77"></a><span class="tm">07:42:16</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"> - Read the Docs: community place to search for and search manuals</span>
<a name="l-78"></a><span class="tm">07:42:16</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline">http://readthedocs</span>
<a name="l-79"></a><span class="tm">07:42:16</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> When I'm done with the 1.4 manual, it will be updating it to cover the already existing 71 1.5 features. ;-)
<a name="l-80"></a><span class="tm">07:42:17</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> That's about covers it what I wanted to say about the manual.
<a name="l-81"></a><span class="tm">07:42:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> ..
<a name="l-82"></a><span class="tm">07:42:37</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> excellent work on that, anitsirk :)
<a name="l-83"></a><span class="tm">07:42:50</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> thanks, elky. fmarier helped heaps
<a name="l-84"></a><span class="tm">07:43:13</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anzeljg&gt;</span> a question: is it possible that you create the screnshots also in other languages or are the translators responsible for that?
<a name="l-85"></a><span class="tm">07:43:19</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> manual is in git, people can email patches to anitsirk :)
<a name="l-86"></a><span class="tm">07:43:34</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="hi">anzeljg:</span> we haven't looked at translations yet, but it's definitely on our list
<a name="l-87"></a><span class="tm">07:43:49</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="hi">anzeljg:</span> we haven't looked into that yet and thus don't know how to deal with screenshots
<a name="l-88"></a><span class="tm">07:44:04</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anzeljg&gt;</span> ok
<a name="l-89"></a><span class="tm">07:44:11</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anzeljg&gt;</span> it would be great though
<a name="l-90"></a><span class="tm">07:44:20</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> but i have a document for documentation writes which states that screenshots shouldn't contain any text cause that would make translations more difficult in launchpad i think
<a name="l-91"></a><span class="tm">07:44:35</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> *writers
<a name="l-92"></a><span class="tm">07:45:07</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> if we were to have someone make wireframe svgs, it'd be more translatable, but it would also be confusing for users I think
<a name="l-93"></a><span class="tm">07:45:24</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anzeljg&gt;</span> yeah, but when you create screenshots of Mahara, used in manual, they certainly contain language strings... right?
<a name="l-94"></a><span class="tm">07:45:26</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="hi">elky:</span> then it wouldn't look like a mahara screenshot though
<a name="l-95"></a><span class="tm">07:45:35</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> i have some svg files that are also in git to adapt those more easily but i'm not converting screenshtos into wireframes
<a name="l-96"></a><span class="tm">07:45:38</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> ;-)
<a name="l-97"></a><span class="tm">07:45:41</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> fmarier, yep, hence the second part of what i said
<a name="l-98"></a><span class="tm">07:45:52</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> we'll get screenshots in the right language, we just don't know how yet because we haven't looked into it
<a name="l-99"></a><span class="tm">07:45:58</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="hi">anzeljg:</span> the strings that you see on the screen, yes, but not any step-by-step instructions
<a name="l-100"></a><span class="tm">07:46:16</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anzeljg&gt;</span> i was reffering to the first one
<a name="l-101"></a><span class="tm">07:46:16</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> there were a lot of other little details to take care of with the english manual :)
<a name="l-102"></a><span class="tm">07:47:07</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> fmarier is right. but i think it is a good solution and it's definitely easy to update the files already in english
<a name="l-103"></a><span class="tm">07:47:17</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> i've heard rumors that google is researching how to translate images on the internets, but that will be quite a long way off i'd imagine
<a name="l-104"></a><span class="tm">07:48:25 </span><span class="nka">* dobedobedoh</span> <span class="ac">wonders whether Selenium could be of any use...</span>
<a name="l-105"></a><span class="tm">07:48:33</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> i don't trust google traslations too much. they mucked up heinz' newsletter contribution so much that i couldn't link to it...
<a name="l-106"></a><span class="tm">07:48:57</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> we haven't looked at any integration with automated tests yet as it's been only me updating the manual
<a name="l-107"></a><span class="tm">07:49:25</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> sphinx has a cool summary when it makes the build files and the biggest oopses are returned
<a name="l-108"></a><span class="tm">07:49:33</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="hi">dobedobedoh:</span> you mean for taking screenshots automatically?
<a name="l-109"></a><span class="tm">07:49:44</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> <span class="hi">fmarier:</span> Yup
<a name="l-110"></a><span class="tm">07:49:51</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> that's interesting :)
<a name="l-111"></a><span class="tm">07:49:54</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> anitsirk, their translations are essentially self-poisoned and they're pulling out of it. however the rumor is that they're looking at the engine to do the translation, something like hand it an image and an xml file and voila
<a name="l-112"></a><span class="tm">07:50:22</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> dobedobedoh, that is a great idea.
<a name="l-113"></a><span class="tm">07:50:29</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> mhh. let's wait and see, elky.
<a name="l-114"></a><span class="tm">07:50:41</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> anitsirk, yeah, i wouldn't go holding my breath for it ;)
<a name="l-115"></a><span class="tm">07:50:53</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> heh yeah - I can't see that being easy
<a name="l-116"></a><span class="tm">07:50:56</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> mhh. that may not quite work as i do put extra numbers in their to identify the steps
<a name="l-117"></a><span class="tm">07:51:21</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> anitsirk, you could provide that as an overlay and something like GD could combine the two layers
<a name="l-118"></a><span class="tm">07:51:49 </span><span class="nka">* anitsirk</span> <span class="ac">wonders if that works in sphinx as everything is compiled in there</span>
<a name="l-119"></a><span class="tm">07:52:07</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> we work with our upstreams ;)
<a name="l-120"></a><span class="tm">07:52:23</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> i think we're talking about a problem we don't have :) we have translators that diligently take their own screenshots :)
<a name="l-121"></a><span class="tm">07:52:39</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> yep, this is a geek tangent for sure :)
<a name="l-122"></a><span class="tm">07:52:56</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> yeah and an interesting one I must say
<a name="l-123"></a><span class="tm">07:53:08</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> but lets do move on
<a name="l-124"></a><span class="tm">07:53:19</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> so moving on?
<a name="l-125"></a><span class="tm">07:53:40</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="topic">#topic </span><span class="topicline">Changes to the backend password hash function (hugh)</span>
<a name="l-126"></a><span class="tm">07:53:41</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-127"></a><span class="tm">07:54:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> Righto, so I have pushed a few changes to gerrit changing the way we store the hashed passwords
<a name="l-128"></a><span class="tm">07:54:11</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> not sure of the numbers atm, as not at my usual computer
<a name="l-129"></a><span class="tm">07:54:25</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> but basically have changed it from a sha1 hash to bcrypt
<a name="l-130"></a><span class="tm">07:54:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> and have added a passwordsaltmain like thing (from moodle)
<a name="l-131"></a><span class="tm">07:54:47</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> so if the db is stolen, you can't brute the passwords
<a name="l-132"></a><span class="tm">07:54:47</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> there's lots of good stuff in that spec, well worth reading
<a name="l-133"></a><span class="tm">07:54:50</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> ..
<a name="l-134"></a><span class="tm">07:55:21</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> that sounds like a nice insurance policy
<a name="l-135"></a><span class="tm">07:55:32</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> (the last bit)
<a name="l-136"></a><span class="tm">07:55:38</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> oh and also, we have a inbetween hash, sha512 for bulk actions, and the upgrade path
<a name="l-137"></a><span class="tm">07:55:38</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> Looks good to me
<a name="l-138"></a><span class="tm">07:55:53</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anzeljg&gt;</span> nice
<a name="l-139"></a><span class="tm">07:55:57</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> anything more ppl want from that?
<a name="l-140"></a><span class="tm">07:56:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> yeah you need to steal a dump of the db and a copy of config.php
<a name="l-141"></a><span class="tm">07:56:17</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> take a look on gerrit to see what is what, hashtag is passwords iirc
<a name="l-142"></a><span class="tm">07:56:18</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> then spend a bit of time generating bcrypt hashes for common passwords
<a name="l-143"></a><span class="tm">07:56:47</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> with those lists i tacked onto that bug?
<a name="l-144"></a><span class="tm">07:56:58</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline">,status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:password-hash,n,z</span>
<a name="l-145"></a><span class="tm">07:57:28</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> thanks fmarier
<a name="l-146"></a><span class="tm">07:58:27</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-147"></a><span class="tm">07:58:29</span><span class="nk"> &lt;maharabot&gt;</span> Launchpad bug 843568 in mahara "Stored passwords with a stronger hash algorithm" [Medium,In progress] - Assigned to Hugh Davenport (hugh-catalyst)
<a name="l-148"></a><span class="tm">07:58:50</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> elky what lists you tacked on to the bug?
<a name="l-149"></a><span class="tm">07:59:18</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> i forget the bug number, not that bug number
<a name="l-150"></a><span class="tm">07:59:29</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-151"></a><span class="tm">07:59:31</span><span class="nk"> &lt;maharabot&gt;</span> Launchpad bug 844457 in mahara "suckypasswords check is very limited, could be expanded" [Wishlist,Triaged]
<a name="l-152"></a><span class="tm">07:59:33</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> ^^^ that one
<a name="l-153"></a><span class="tm">07:59:43</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> yeah, thanks fmarier, was still looking
<a name="l-154"></a><span class="tm">07:59:45</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> ah right
<a name="l-155"></a><span class="tm">07:59:52 </span><span class="nka">* hughdavenport_</span> <span class="ac">is less confused</span>
<a name="l-156"></a><span class="tm">08:00:00</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> heh
<a name="l-157"></a><span class="tm">08:00:24</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> right, anything more?
<a name="l-158"></a><span class="tm">08:01:19</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="topic">#topic </span><span class="topicline">Large bug triage and 1.5.0 (Francois)</span>
<a name="l-159"></a><span class="tm">08:01:20</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#link </span><span class="cmdline"></span>
<a name="l-160"></a><span class="tm">08:01:26</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> fmarier take the stage
<a name="l-161"></a><span class="tm">08:01:33</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> so you may have seen a large number of bug updates :)
<a name="l-162"></a><span class="tm">08:01:51</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> the email aftermath anyway
<a name="l-163"></a><span class="tm">08:01:53</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> i've gone through all of the outstanding bugs on the tracker
<a name="l-164"></a><span class="tm">08:01:54</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> yes :P
<a name="l-165"></a><span class="tm">08:01:55 </span><span class="nka">* anitsirk</span> <span class="ac">hasn't yet waded through the awesomeness yet :-(</span>
<a name="l-166"></a><span class="tm">08:02:23</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> by outstanding you mean not-milestoned?
<a name="l-167"></a><span class="tm">08:02:29</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> have normalized the tags, found duplicates and adjusted the prioties / milestones of a few
<a name="l-168"></a><span class="tm">08:02:38</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="hi">elky:</span> no, all the ones that are not "fix released"
<a name="l-169"></a><span class="tm">08:02:49</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> ah
<a name="l-170"></a><span class="tm">08:02:49</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> long job
<a name="l-171"></a><span class="tm">08:02:59</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> yeh good job
<a name="l-172"></a><span class="tm">08:03:29</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> how's the RSI?
<a name="l-173"></a><span class="tm">08:03:38</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> the reason why i wanted to bring this up is that i have pre-triaged the list for the 1.5 milestone
<a name="l-174"></a><span class="tm">08:03:39</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> what's RSI?
<a name="l-175"></a><span class="tm">08:03:47</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> repetitive strain injury
<a name="l-176"></a><span class="tm">08:03:47</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="hi">anitsirk:</span> repetitive stress injury
<a name="l-177"></a><span class="tm">08:03:49</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> Repetitive Strain Injury
<a name="l-178"></a><span class="tm">08:03:59</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> thanks
<a name="l-179"></a><span class="tm">08:04:26</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> so if you think there's something missing on 1.5 and that you can do in the next month or two, then please feel free to add it there
<a name="l-180"></a><span class="tm">08:05:03</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> fmarier, i'm noticing we now have several android related issues. perhaps we need to find some way we can test those better
<a name="l-181"></a><span class="tm">08:05:09</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> also, if you have something allocated to you, please consider whether or not you will have time to do it in the next month and if not, consider unassigning yourself from it
<a name="l-182"></a><span class="tm">08:05:55</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> "next" month" is probably a bit short or would need to be a bit longer with the holidays and all
<a name="l-183"></a><span class="tm">08:06:09</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> i think that many people wanted to have an early freeze date next year, so it would be good to bring that list of bugs down
<a name="l-184"></a><span class="tm">08:06:09</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> "221 Fix Committed"
<a name="l-185"></a><span class="tm">08:06:12</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> niiiice
<a name="l-186"></a><span class="tm">08:06:47</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> anything else with this topic?
<a name="l-187"></a><span class="tm">08:06:53</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">fmarier pre-triaged the list of bugs for the 1.5 milestone</span>
<a name="l-188"></a><span class="tm">08:06:55</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> but basically, have a look, make sure none of your pet bugs are missing
<a name="l-189"></a><span class="tm">08:07:42</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> It'd be good if we had a list of tags that we actively use
<a name="l-190"></a><span class="tm">08:07:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">if you are allocated to a bug but cannot get to it within the next month, please unassign yourself.</span>
<a name="l-191"></a><span class="tm">08:07:49</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> So that we don't undo all of your work
<a name="l-192"></a><span class="tm">08:08:06</span><span class="nk"> &lt;anitsirk&gt;</span> <span class="cmd">#info </span><span class="cmdline">if you think there's something missing on 1.5 and that you can do in the next month or two, then please feel free to add it there</span>
<a name="l-193"></a><span class="tm">08:08:14</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> <span class="hi">dobedobedoh:</span> there is on this page:
<a name="l-194"></a><span class="tm">08:08:15</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> dobedobedoh, they seem to be more readable in the right-column of the main bugs area now
<a name="l-195"></a><span class="tm">08:08:18</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> there is an official tags list, ekly found it
<a name="l-196"></a><span class="tm">08:08:27</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> click on "show more tags"
<a name="l-197"></a><span class="tm">08:08:28</span><span class="nk"> &lt;hughdavenport_&gt;</span> good spelling of elky for me
<a name="l-198"></a><span class="tm">08:08:36</span><span class="nk"> &lt;elky&gt;</span> hehe
<a name="l-199"></a><span class="tm">08:08:46</span><span class="nk"> &lt;dobedobedoh&gt;</span> ah yes
<a name="l-200"></a><span class="tm">08:08:50 </span><span class="nka">* dobedobedoh</span> <span class="ac">was looking in the wrong place</span>
<a name="l-201"></a><span class="tm">08:08:58</span><span class="nk"> &lt;fmarier&gt;</span> also there is auto-completion of some of the most common tags
<a name="l-202"></a><span class="tm">08:09:21 </span><span class="nka">* dobedobedoh</span> <span class="ac">grrs at the 'Show less tags'</span>