Commit 73a19ca0 authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 25th April 2012

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew.nicols@luns.net.uk>
parent 954c0bbd
This diff is collapsed.
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by dobedobedoh at 20:02:47 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* Andrew Nicols, Lancaster University, UK (dobedobedoh, 20:02:54)
* Francois Marier (fmarier, 20:03:02)
* anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and developer from Ljubljana,
Slovenia (anzeljg, 20:03:09)
* Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin_, 20:03:10)
* Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wellington (richardm, 20:03:13)
* Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington (anitsirk, 20:03:26)
* Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wellington (hughdavenport`, 20:03:33)
* Dominique-Alain JAN french translator - Lausanne Switzerland (dajan,
20:04:25)
* Items from last meeting (dobedobedoh, 20:04:39)
* The minutes from the last meeting are available at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.html
(dobedobedoh, 20:04:41)
* fmarier completed his two action items during the last meeting.
Check the minutes of that meeting for details (dobedobedoh,
20:04:50)
* anzeljg has joined the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could
make it the owner of the mahara translation (dobedobedoh, 20:04:59)
* CIA stays in #mahara-commits and has not made it to #mahara-dev
(dobedobedoh, 20:06:55)
* Roadmap for Mahara 1.6 (dajan) (dobedobedoh, 20:08:02)
* The roadmap on the wiki is vastly out of date (dobedobedoh,
20:09:40)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Roadmap (dobedobedoh,
20:09:54)
* iarenaza Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Spain (iarenaza,
20:15:08)
* Specs in Development are on the wiki at
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development
(dobedobedoh, 20:15:59)
* blueprints for mahara started at
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara (anitsirk, 20:16:18)
* IDEA: Those who have made a suggestion which is on the blueprints
page should add more detail to save elky doing all of the work
(dobedobedoh, 20:17:45)
* AGREED: The Roadmap page should link to the blueprints page
(dobedobedoh, 20:18:11)
* ACTION: anitsirk to update the roadmap (dobedobedoh, 20:19:05)
* Laurent Opprecht's "Notes" plugin (University of Geneva) as a way to
improve the actual "Notes" block in Mahara (dajan) (dobedobedoh,
20:21:58)
* Luarent Opprecht (University of Geneva) has developed a Notes
artefact for Mahara which separates content creation from display
(dobedobedoh, 20:28:28)
* IDEA: Look at integrating missing features from Laurent's Note
plugin into Mahara (dobedobedoh, 20:30:56)
* LINK: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4352 is
where we discussed it. (anitsirk, 20:31:02)
* ACTION: dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker
(dobedobedoh, 20:34:16)
* Laurent Opprecht's "Extresource" plugin with OEmbed protocol to
improve the way of embedding "things"in Mahara (dajan) (dobedobedoh,
20:34:35)
* LINK:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara/+spec/external-media-oembed
- blueprint already exists :-) (anitsirk, 20:35:43)
* Laurent to submit Extresource to core (dobedobedoh, 20:35:55)
* IDEA: It would be nice if some of the plugins being 'replaced' in
this sense would provide upgrade paths if appropriate (dobedobedoh,
20:38:21)
* Repository Plugins (anzeljg) (dobedobedoh, 20:43:27)
* anzeljg has written a proof of concept for a repository system for
mahara (dobedobedoh, 20:44:34)
* demo available at http://screencast.com/t/wxfDwcc3UHdk
(dobedobedoh, 20:44:48)
* suggestions/ideas on how to finalise it would be appreciated
(dobedobedoh, 20:45:15)
* ACTION: anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some
information (possibly code too) (dobedobedoh, 20:58:46)
* Update on Skins work (anzeljg) (dobedobedoh, 21:00:07)
* anzeljg is adding 'life preview' support to skins to give users a
preview of their changes (dobedobedoh, 21:02:04)
* screencast available at http://screencast.com/t/CWoznCHjJG
(dobedobedoh, 21:02:19)
* Demo site (anitsirk) (dobedobedoh, 21:16:42)
* http://demo.mahara.org showcases mahara 1.5 now (anitsirk,
21:17:38)
* Upcoming Mahara Events: (dobedobedoh, 21:17:56)
* First Maharamoot francophone in Nîmes, May 20-22nd. Spread the word
around you (dajan) (dobedobedoh, 21:17:58)
* MaharaUK 2012 3rd July 2012 in Lancaster (dobedobedoh)
(dobedobedoh, 21:18:20)
* mahoodlemoot at Purchase College (NY) in July (dobedobedoh,
21:19:48)
* dajan will be one of our keynote speakers at maharauk2012 :)
(dobedobedoh, 21:20:03)
* yesterday's MUG saw showcasing of student portfolios (dobedobedoh,
21:21:25)
* next MUG dates to be announced when available (dobedobedoh,
21:21:33)
* Next meeting and Chair (dobedobedoh, 21:22:05)
* LINK: http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/ (dajan, 21:22:45)
* website for french maharamoot is http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/
(dobedobedoh, 21:23:00)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=17th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120523T0730
(dobedobedoh, 21:27:55)
* elky to chair the next developer meeting at 07:30 UTC on 23rd May
2012 (dobedobedoh, 21:32:10)
* Any other business (dobedobedoh, 21:32:19)
* Mahara 1.5 is now out (dobedobedoh, 21:34:19)
* Mahara has a security bug bounty program
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Security#Mahara_Security_Bug_Bounty_Program
(anitsirk, 21:35:47)
* Thanks to Richard Wyles for putting up security bounties
(dobedobedoh, 21:38:25)
Meeting ended at 21:39:06 UTC.
Action Items
------------
* anitsirk to update the roadmap
* dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker
* anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information
(possibly code too)
Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* anitsirk
* anitsirk to update the roadmap
* anzeljg
* anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information
(possibly code too)
* dajan
* dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker
* **UNASSIGNED**
* (none)
People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* dobedobedoh (154)
* anitsirk (68)
* anzeljg (59)
* dajan (56)
* richardm (17)
* iarenaza (14)
* _anzeljg_ (13)
* fmarier (12)
* rkabalin_ (7)
* hughdavenport` (5)
* maharameet (4)
* elky (4)
* lamiette (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Markdown is supported
0%
or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment