diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..4c07ec56cb30fb360503cf15a17b886ed510abff --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.html @@ -0,0 +1,372 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev Meeting + + + + +

#mahara-dev Meeting

+ +Meeting started by dobedobedoh at 20:02:47 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Meeting summary

+
    +
  1. +
      +
    1. Andrew Nicols, Lancaster University, UK + (dobedobedoh, + 20:02:54)
    2. +
    3. Francois Marier (fmarier, + 20:03:02)
    4. +
    5. anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and + developer from Ljubljana, Slovenia (anzeljg, + 20:03:09)
    6. +
    7. Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster University, UK + (rkabalin_, + 20:03:10)
    8. +
    9. Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, + Wellington (richardm, + 20:03:13)
    10. +
    11. Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, + Wellington (anitsirk, + 20:03:26)
    12. +
    13. Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wellington + (hughdavenport`, + 20:03:33)
    14. +
    15. Dominique-Alain JAN french translator - + Lausanne Switzerland (dajan, + 20:04:25)
    16. +
    +
  2. +
  3. Items from last meeting (dobedobedoh, 20:04:39) +
      +
    1. The minutes from the last meeting are available + at + http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.html + (dobedobedoh, + 20:04:41)
    2. +
    3. fmarier completed his two action items during + the last meeting. Check the minutes of that meeting for + details (dobedobedoh, + 20:04:50)
    4. +
    5. anzeljg has joined the slovenian team on + launchpad so that we could make it the owner of the mahara + translation (dobedobedoh, + 20:04:59)
    6. +
    7. CIA stays in #mahara-commits and has not made + it to #mahara-dev (dobedobedoh, + 20:06:55)
    8. +
    +
  4. +
  5. Roadmap for Mahara 1.6 (dajan) (dobedobedoh, 20:08:02) +
      +
    1. The roadmap on the wiki is vastly out of + date (dobedobedoh, + 20:09:40)
    2. +
    3. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Roadmap + (dobedobedoh, + 20:09:54)
    4. +
    5. iarenaza Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon + Unibertsitatea, Spain (iarenaza, + 20:15:08)
    6. +
    7. Specs in Development are on the wiki at + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development + (dobedobedoh, + 20:15:59)
    8. +
    9. blueprints for mahara started at + https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara (anitsirk, + 20:16:18)
    10. +
    11. IDEA: Those who have + made a suggestion which is on the blueprints page should add more + detail to save elky doing all of the work (dobedobedoh, + 20:17:45)
    12. +
    13. AGREED: The Roadmap + page should link to the blueprints page (dobedobedoh, + 20:18:11)
    14. +
    15. ACTION: anitsirk to + update the roadmap (dobedobedoh, + 20:19:05)
    16. +
    +
  6. +
  7. Laurent Opprecht's "Notes" plugin (University of Geneva) as a way to improve the actual "Notes" block in Mahara (dajan) (dobedobedoh, 20:21:58) +
      +
    1. Luarent Opprecht (University of Geneva) has + developed a Notes artefact for Mahara which separates content + creation from display (dobedobedoh, + 20:28:28)
    2. +
    3. IDEA: Look at + integrating missing features from Laurent's Note plugin into + Mahara (dobedobedoh, + 20:30:56)
    4. +
    5. https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4352 + is where we discussed it. (anitsirk, + 20:31:02)
    6. +
    7. ACTION: dajan to + raise appropriate issues in the tracker (dobedobedoh, + 20:34:16)
    8. +
    +
  8. +
  9. Laurent Opprecht's "Extresource" plugin with OEmbed protocol to improve the way of embedding "things"in Mahara (dajan) (dobedobedoh, 20:34:35) +
      +
    1. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara/+spec/external-media-oembed + - blueprint already exists :-) (anitsirk, + 20:35:43)
    2. +
    3. Laurent to submit Extresource to core + (dobedobedoh, + 20:35:55)
    4. +
    5. IDEA: It would be nice + if some of the plugins being 'replaced' in this sense would provide + upgrade paths if appropriate (dobedobedoh, + 20:38:21)
    6. +
    +
  10. +
  11. Repository Plugins (anzeljg) (dobedobedoh, 20:43:27) +
      +
    1. anzeljg has written a proof of concept for a + repository system for mahara (dobedobedoh, + 20:44:34)
    2. +
    3. demo available at + http://screencast.com/t/wxfDwcc3UHdk (dobedobedoh, + 20:44:48)
    4. +
    5. suggestions/ideas on how to finalise it would + be appreciated (dobedobedoh, + 20:45:15)
    6. +
    7. ACTION: anzeljg To + put together a quick wiki page with some information (possibly code + too) (dobedobedoh, + 20:58:46)
    8. +
    +
  12. +
  13. Update on Skins work (anzeljg) (dobedobedoh, 21:00:07) +
      +
    1. anzeljg is adding 'life preview' support to + skins to give users a preview of their changes (dobedobedoh, + 21:02:04)
    2. +
    3. screencast available at + http://screencast.com/t/CWoznCHjJG (dobedobedoh, + 21:02:19)
    4. +
    +
  14. +
  15. Demo site (anitsirk) (dobedobedoh, 21:16:42) +
      +
    1. http://demo.mahara.org showcases mahara 1.5 + now (anitsirk, + 21:17:38)
    2. +
    +
  16. +
  17. Upcoming Mahara Events: (dobedobedoh, 21:17:56) +
      +
    1. First Maharamoot francophone in Nîmes, May + 20-22nd. Spread the word around you (dajan) (dobedobedoh, + 21:17:58)
    2. +
    3. MaharaUK 2012 3rd July 2012 in Lancaster + (dobedobedoh) (dobedobedoh, + 21:18:20)
    4. +
    5. mahoodlemoot at Purchase College (NY) in + July (dobedobedoh, + 21:19:48)
    6. +
    7. dajan will be one of our keynote speakers at + maharauk2012 :) (dobedobedoh, + 21:20:03)
    8. +
    9. yesterday's MUG saw showcasing of student + portfolios (dobedobedoh, + 21:21:25)
    10. +
    11. next MUG dates to be announced when + available (dobedobedoh, + 21:21:33)
    12. +
    +
  18. +
  19. Next meeting and Chair (dobedobedoh, 21:22:05) +
      +
    1. http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/ + (dajan, + 21:22:45)
    2. +
    3. website for french maharamoot is + http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/ (dobedobedoh, + 21:23:00)
    4. +
    5. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=17th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120523T0730 + (dobedobedoh, + 21:27:55)
    6. +
    7. elky to chair the next developer meeting at + 07:30 UTC on 23rd May 2012 (dobedobedoh, + 21:32:10)
    8. +
    +
  20. +
  21. Any other business (dobedobedoh, 21:32:19) +
      +
    1. Mahara 1.5 is now out (dobedobedoh, + 21:34:19)
    2. +
    3. Mahara has a security bug bounty program + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Security#Mahara_Security_Bug_Bounty_Program + (anitsirk, + 21:35:47)
    4. +
    5. Thanks to Richard Wyles for putting up security + bounties (dobedobedoh, + 21:38:25)
    6. +
    +
  22. +
+

+ + + + +Meeting ended at 21:39:06 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Action items

+
    +
  1. anitsirk to update the roadmap
  2. +
  3. dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker
  4. +
  5. anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information (possibly code too)
  6. +
+

+ + + +

Action items, by person

+
    +
  1. anitsirk
      +
    1. anitsirk to update the roadmap
    2. +
  2. +
  3. anzeljg
      +
    1. anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information (possibly code too)
    2. +
  4. +
  5. dajan
      +
    1. dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker
    2. +
  6. +
+

+ + + +

People present (lines said)

+
    +
  1. dobedobedoh (154)
  2. +
  3. anitsirk (68)
  4. +
  5. anzeljg (59)
  6. +
  7. dajan (56)
  8. +
  9. richardm (17)
  10. +
  11. iarenaza (14)
  12. +
  13. _anzeljg_ (13)
  14. +
  15. fmarier (12)
  16. +
  17. rkabalin_ (7)
  18. +
  19. hughdavenport` (5)
  20. +
  21. maharameet (4)
  22. +
  23. elky (4)
  24. +
  25. lamiette (1)
  26. +
+

+ + + +Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4. + diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..7257ef52ad8dbc914be6a645c5ace0afbf30692f --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html @@ -0,0 +1,441 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev log + + + + +
20:02:47 <dobedobedoh> #startmeeting
+20:02:47 <maharameet> Meeting started Wed Apr 25 20:02:47 2012 UTC.  The chair is dobedobedoh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
+20:02:47 <maharameet> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
+20:02:50 <dobedobedoh> Welcome to the 16th Mahara Developer Meeting.
+20:02:52 <dobedobedoh> Please introduce yourself with #info <name>[, <organisation>], <location>
+20:02:54 <dobedobedoh> #info Andrew Nicols, Lancaster University, UK
+20:03:02 <fmarier> #info Francois Marier
+20:03:09 <anzeljg> #info anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and developer from Ljubljana, Slovenia
+20:03:10 <rkabalin_> #info Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster University, UK
+20:03:13 <richardm> #info Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wellington
+20:03:26 <anitsirk> #info Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington
+20:03:33 <hughdavenport`> #info Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wellington
+20:03:39 <anitsirk> fmarier: awesome. the bay area at this time of the year is great.
+20:04:24 * dobedobedoh prods dajan ;)
+20:04:25 <dajan> #info Dominique-Alain JAN french translator - Lausanne Switzerland
+20:04:36 <dobedobedoh> I think that's everyone so far
+20:04:39 <dobedobedoh> #topic Items from last meeting
+20:04:41 <dobedobedoh> #info The minutes from the last meeting are available at http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.html
+20:04:50 <dobedobedoh> #info fmarier completed his two action items during the last meeting. Check the minutes of that meeting for details
+20:04:59 <dobedobedoh> #info anzeljg has joined the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it the owner of the mahara translation
+20:05:10 <anzeljg> done some minutes after the meeting
+20:05:26 <dobedobedoh> Was there anything else from the previous meeting that should have been in the Actions that should be discussed here?
+20:05:43 <anitsirk> anzeljg: yep. it is just to confirm that these things were already long done due to you and fmarier being so quick. :-)
+20:06:04 <anzeljg> ;)
+20:06:07 <dobedobedoh> :)
+20:06:12 <dobedobedoh> In which case, we shall press on.
+20:06:16 <anitsirk> dobedobedoh: not that i can think of. though i think we kept CIA in mahara-commits
+20:06:33 <dobedobedoh> We've got 9 further items on the agenda. I have adjusted the order slightly
+20:06:55 <dobedobedoh> #info CIA stays in #mahara-commits and has not made it to #mahara-dev
+20:07:19 <dobedobedoh> If anyone has any objections to that decision, then can they raise them in AOB...
+20:07:49 <dobedobedoh> As a quick reminder from previous meetings, if you are writing multiple lines
+20:07:59 <dobedobedoh> Then can you signify when you finish by ending in ...
+20:08:02 <dobedobedoh> #topic Roadmap for Mahara 1.6 (dajan)
+20:08:11 <dobedobedoh> Over to you dajan
+20:08:57 <dajan> Yes. I was on the wiki last day and I noticed that the roadmap was for 1.3 and 1.4. Now 1.5 is out, maybe it is time to rewrite the wiki to give users and institutions a clear view of what is coming next.
+20:09:40 <dobedobedoh> #info The roadmap on the wiki is vastly out of date
+20:09:43 <dajan> So for you and the community to decide/discuss what feature to work on for 1.6.
+20:09:54 <dobedobedoh> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Roadmap
+20:10:12 <anitsirk> we haven't updated the wiki pages as there is not really a roadmap. things get into mahara when there is either funding for new features or we fix things as far as i see it
+20:10:34 <anitsirk> as funding is not necessarily confirmed at the beginning of a release, drawing up a full roadmap would be tricky.
+20:10:36 <dobedobedoh> I think that it would be great to have some guidance from Catalyst here. There are features lined up and waiting to go in (we're discussing some of those later)
+20:10:41 <fmarier> last time anitsirk and I talked about it, we came to the conclusion that a roadmap doesn't make sense for Mahara given that nobody is really driving the new features in the project
+20:11:12 <dajan> So maybe the time has come to delete the page. It is not a good marketing to have outdated pages for a roadmap. What do you think?
+20:11:29 <fmarier> Catalyst is funding the maintenance of the project (and that's quite a lot of work) but contributors and funders are the ones who drive new feature development when it comes down to it
+20:11:56 <fmarier> dajan: that's a fair comment and not a bad idea
+20:12:04 <anitsirk> +1
+20:12:06 <fmarier> i don't really see the purpose of that page anymore
+20:12:10 <anitsirk> hi iarenaza
+20:12:13 <hughdavenport`> i would agree
+20:12:17 <richardm> melissa has also created some launchpad blueprints for some of the new proposed features
+20:12:23 <iarenaza> hi
+20:12:25 <richardm> and we can put milestones against those
+20:12:32 <dobedobedoh> I think that it is important to have some kind of idea as to what's coming up in future releases
+20:12:37 <dobedobedoh> even if they are pie-in-the-sky
+20:12:46 <anitsirk> i think the blueprints and the associated pages under "Specifications in development" are better than the roadmap
+20:12:54 <richardm> i agree
+20:12:59 <anzeljg> +1
+20:13:11 <fmarier> dobedobedoh: but if you publish something that people want, they'll be disappointed if it's not in the next release
+20:13:16 <anzeljg> hi iarenaza
+20:13:18 <anitsirk> dobedobedoh: i don't agree because that might raise expectations too high, e.g. skins etc.
+20:13:30 <dajan> I agree, that if we already know what new features will be in .1.6, to communicate about this. Public is sensitive to such message.
+20:13:39 <dobedobedoh> fmarier: true, but there should be a single source of information for people to find out what's in the pipeline
+20:13:45 <dobedobedoh> even if it doesn't have specific targets against it
+20:13:54 <dobedobedoh> and it may help to get some of those features funded into core
+20:14:03 <anitsirk> but isn't that "specifications in development"?
+20:14:06 <fmarier> i personally like the milestone/blueprint idea
+20:14:13 <dobedobedoh> well probably
+20:14:16 <anitsirk> there we have a bunch of things listed and move them to "completed" once done.
+20:14:21 <fmarier> anitsirk: spec in dev doesn't really show what's being worked on
+20:14:34 <fmarier> there's a lot of things on there that were proposed but will never get done
+20:14:37 <fmarier> (and that's ok)
+20:14:40 <rkabalin_> then roadmap page can probably contain the link to blueprints
+20:14:42 <dajan> We could say aside of some interesting features to come : Need funding. This will maybe raise the interest of some people with money
+20:14:52 <anitsirk> that's where the blueprints can help because there we can change the status
+20:14:57 <dobedobedoh> Perhaps it would be helpful to also include links to launchpad searches showing what's happening/happened recently
+20:15:02 <dobedobedoh> or for a specific version
+20:15:04 <dobedobedoh> ...
+20:15:08 <iarenaza> #info iarenaza Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Spain
+20:15:21 <dobedobedoh> Hi iarenaza
+20:15:25 <anitsirk> #info blueprints for mahara started at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.5_STABLE/genindex.html#N
+20:15:36 <anitsirk> oops. sorry. wrong link
+20:15:45 <anitsirk> could you try to undo this please, dobedobedoh ?
+20:15:49 <dobedobedoh> #undo
+20:15:49 <maharameet> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0x99318ec>
+20:15:59 <dobedobedoh> #info Specs in Development are on the wiki at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development
+20:16:18 <anitsirk> #info blueprints for mahara started at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara
+20:16:23 <anitsirk> thanks dobedobedoh
+20:16:42 <dajan> Thanks. This is interesting and should replace the roadmap page. My opinion.
+20:16:42 <dobedobedoh> Perhaps the existing roadmap page should link to the relevant pages then?
+20:17:13 <anitsirk> and on the blueprints we can change the status and see what is going on.
+20:17:15 <dobedobedoh> +1
+20:17:21 <anzeljg> +1
+20:17:42 <dajan> +1
+20:17:45 <dobedobedoh> #idea Those who have made a suggestion which is on the blueprints page should add more detail to save elky doing all of the work
+20:17:48 <dobedobedoh> Any objections?
+20:18:01 <hughdavenport`> sounds good
+20:18:04 <anitsirk> nope
+20:18:05 <dajan> ok
+20:18:11 <dobedobedoh> #agreed The Roadmap page should link to the blueprints page
+20:18:11 <anzeljg> agree
+20:18:17 <dobedobedoh> Would anyone like to take on the task?
+20:18:24 <anitsirk> i'll do it
+20:18:46 <anitsirk> i already put a link to the manual on hopefully all user guide pages on the wiki. so i have the initial code. ;-)
+20:18:49 <dobedobedoh> #info anitsirk to update the roadmap
+20:18:56 <dobedobedoh> #undo
+20:18:56 <maharameet> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0x992c6cc>
+20:19:05 <dobedobedoh> #action anitsirk to update the roadmap
+20:19:25 <dobedobedoh> Is there anything else to discuss on the roadmap..?
+20:19:31 <dajan> nope
+20:19:57 <dobedobedoh> related to the roadmap, how will things work for those trying to get features in?
+20:20:08 <dobedobedoh> If things are primarily driven by funding at the moment?
+20:21:53 <dobedobedoh> Okay... I'll move onto the next topic for the moment
+20:21:58 <dobedobedoh> #topic Laurent Opprecht's "Notes" plugin (University of Geneva) as a way to improve the actual "Notes" block in Mahara (dajan)
+20:22:02 <anitsirk> dobedobedoh: by funding i mean for example: somebody wants to funds / develops a feature that should go into core -> it is developed -> goes into review. more experienced reviewers (not just catalyst) would help because then things don't get stuck in the queue
+20:22:22 <anitsirk> oh my "wants to fund / develop"
+20:22:45 <dobedobedoh> okay. Thanks for clarifying :)
+20:23:09 <anitsirk> ideally, the funding also includes time for going through the review system. ;-)
+20:23:19 <dobedobedoh> heh qutie
+20:23:39 <anitsirk> it's like testing that needs to be done.
+20:24:34 <dajan> did we change the topic?
+20:24:37 <dobedobedoh> we did :)
+20:24:40 <dajan> Ok
+20:24:47 <dajan> Laurent Opprecht from University of Geneva is really doing interesting things around Mahara and he has already developped some plugins for Mahara.
+20:24:55 <dajan> I spoke to him and the whole Geneva team weeks agon
+20:24:55 <dobedobedoh> (but we carried on talking about the old one for a moment)
+20:24:59 <dajan> sorry ago
+20:25:32 <dajan> Before 1.5 he developped and interesting alternative to the Mahara blocktype Note (his plugin is available on the wiki on my request)
+20:25:41 <dajan> In 1.5 we can re-use Notes blocks in other pages. But we can't create notes from the "Content" section of Mahara. Laurent's plugin does that. It separates the collection/creation process (in Content) from the diplay process (in Pages).
+20:26:53 <lamiette> hi everyone, sorry to interupt and sorry I'm late :)
+20:27:16 <anitsirk> dajan: i think a combination of the current functionality (1.5) and laurent's idea might be good. i like being able to create notes directly on a page. users sometimes complain that they can't do that for journals, for example. oursourcing it to just the content would be a step back. but i agree that it would be good to be able to create a note under "Content" as well as with files
+20:27:43 <dajan> I think that his way is better than what we can do with 1.5 and the Note block type. It is less confusing for users and separate the task of creating things from the one of presenting them.
+20:28:04 <richardm> dajan: Is creation under content the only extra feature?  would it be easier for us to just add a new create note button to 1.5?
+20:28:28 <dajan> Yes I agree with you Kristina. But it is a bit confusing to create a new page to add a note for a future use. Isn't it?
+20:28:28 <dobedobedoh> #info Luarent Opprecht (University of Geneva) has developed a Notes artefact for Mahara which separates content creation from display
+20:29:01 <anitsirk> but we already mix that with the upload of files from the page. i think being able to do that in both places and collect them all under content would be nice. furthermore, we still need the possibility to copy notes as is possible in 1.5.
+20:29:11 <dajan> yes richardm, it is the only thing I saw that make it different. But interesting.
+20:29:43 <anitsirk> dajan: so far notes were text boxes and created for immediate use. having the "create note" feature on the content tab would be good for the future use.
+20:29:43 <dajan> It is possible to copy and edit note in Laurent's plugin as in 1.5
+20:29:55 <anitsirk> cool.
+20:30:16 <dajan> Just have a look and maybe use what you think good to improve Mahara.
+20:30:18 <anitsirk> forgot about that.
+20:30:56 <dobedobedoh> #idea Look at integrating missing features from Laurent's Note plugin into Mahara
+20:31:02 <anitsirk> https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4352 is where we discussed it.
+20:31:50 <dobedobedoh> Perhaps a blueprint task?
+20:32:12 <richardm> maybe, adding the create note button, and letting "edit note" should be pretty easy though
+20:32:27 <richardm> er letting "edit note" create notes i mean
+20:32:53 <richardm> maybe it's more a bug rather than a blueprint
+20:32:56 <richardm> ..
+20:33:03 <dobedobedoh> agreed
+20:33:07 <anitsirk> +1
+20:33:13 <dajan> +1
+20:33:14 <anzeljg> +1
+20:33:37 <dobedobedoh> dajan, would you be able to raise appropriate bugs/feature requests in the tracker for this?
+20:33:51 <dajan> Wilco
+20:33:56 <richardm> :)
+20:34:01 <dajan> ricahrdm : This guy has other jewels in his cases. Stay in touch with him. Uni Geneva are doing great things w/ Mahara.
+20:34:16 <dobedobedoh> #action dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker
+20:34:28 <anitsirk> dajan: which will bring us to his other plugin ;-)
+20:34:28 <dobedobedoh> Perhaps we can persuade them to take part in core...
+20:34:32 <dobedobedoh> indeed
+20:34:35 <dobedobedoh> #topic Laurent Opprecht's "Extresource" plugin with OEmbed protocol to improve the way of embedding "things"in Mahara (dajan)
+20:34:53 <dobedobedoh> dajan has the floor again
+20:35:11 <richardm> dajan: yes, he's done a lot of work on one of the auth plugins too, hasn't he?
+20:35:28 <dajan> Ok. Nothing much to say about this, after having seen a post today from Kristina saying that Laurent will put this into the core (exresource I mean)
+20:35:43 <anitsirk> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara/+spec/external-media-oembed - blueprint already exists :-)
+20:35:55 <dobedobedoh> #info Laurent to submit Extresource to core
+20:36:15 <anitsirk> he was just waiting for us to finish something. richardm has just pushed these changes. they were around the external media block
+20:36:20 <anzeljg> Haven't looked at the source code, but what is the difference with Emed.ly? I belive Embed.ly also uses OEmbed protocol...
+20:36:20 <dajan> The auth plugin (CAS) was made by Mr Pollet Uni of Lyon (France) I turned him from developing things for Moodle to Mahara
+20:36:35 <dobedobedoh> Nice conversion dajan :)
+20:36:45 <richardm> :)
+20:37:03 <anitsirk> anzeljg: as far as i can see it does not rely on an external service like embed.ly that might be turned off at some point.
+20:37:13 <anzeljg> I see
+20:37:42 <dajan> Yes your are right. Embdly need the access to embed.ly what extresource doesn't
+20:37:53 <anzeljg> cool
+20:38:21 <dobedobedoh> #idea It would be nice if some of the plugins being 'replaced' in this sense would provide upgrade paths if appropriate
+20:38:23 <anzeljg> So embedly will "die" eventually...
+20:38:57 <anitsirk> anzeljg: not necessarily as not every service allows for oembed yet.
+20:39:03 <dajan> I think we should keep the block type External media and Extresource together. Because Exeternal media can control which service we agree (important for some institution) where Extresource embed anything that accept OEmbed protocol
+20:39:32 <anitsirk> dajan: it will become part of the external media one. he posted his addition on the same specs page.
+20:39:40 <anitsirk> at least that's the proposal
+20:40:04 <dajan> Well. Having both separated make sense to me.
+20:40:11 <dobedobedoh> That's good. Keeps things in the same place
+20:40:42 <anitsirk> what could be replaced to avoid constant updated (as google tends to change things all the time) would be the google apps block now that we have the safeiframes. but that is a discussion for another day.
+20:40:52 <dajan> If I don't want students embedding things I can control them with External media. Or we have to provide such a control in the new Extresrouce plugin
+20:41:35 <anzeljg> anitsirk: +1, I think googledocs should go into repository plugin. More about that later...
+20:42:01 <dobedobedoh> dajan: It might be an idea to add that suggestion to the sid wiki: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/External_media_block_extension
+20:42:09 <dajan> Ummm repository plugin. Sounds nice.
+20:42:15 <dobedobedoh> Is there anything else to discuss re UoG's submissions, or Extresource/External Media changes, or related before we move on?
+20:42:30 <dajan> I will add my comment into the wiki. Next week is it ok?
+20:42:32 <dobedobedoh> Forewarning, I have swapped over the next few items so that Repos are next
+20:42:56 <dobedobedoh> I should think so
+20:43:27 <dobedobedoh> Right, without further ado...
+20:43:27 <dobedobedoh> #topic Repository Plugins (anzeljg)
+20:43:36 <dobedobedoh> anzeljg: Your turn for a spot in the limelight
+20:43:51 <anzeljg> I am very visual person, so instead of writing spec for repository plugin I've coded an initial thing.
+20:44:02 <anzeljg> It is coded in such manner that it should be fairly easy to add additional services
+20:44:11 <anzeljg> (it is planned that the plugin will be released with support for Box, Dropbox, Windows Live SkyDrive and GoogleDocs; maybe Picasa and Flickr).
+20:44:18 <anzeljg> Each service will extend PluginBlocktypeRepository. PluginBlocktypeRepository extends PluginBlocktype and adds additional methods to use with accessing data over REST (with OAuth authentication).
+20:44:27 <anzeljg> You can see demo at http://screencast.com/t/wxfDwcc3UHdk
+20:44:34 <dobedobedoh> #info anzeljg has written a proof of concept for a repository system for mahara
+20:44:34 <anzeljg> The edit/delete functionallity for files/folders don't exist yet, and I don't quite know how to write a blocktype config form for users to select files (folders) they whis to include in view/page.
+20:44:42 <anzeljg> It should be something like files in Mahara (artefact chooser?), but I don't quite get it. So any support and/or ideas would be very appreciated.
+20:44:45 <anzeljg> ...
+20:44:48 <dobedobedoh> #info demo available at  http://screencast.com/t/wxfDwcc3UHdk
+20:45:07 <hughdavenport`> awesome!
+20:45:14 <rkabalin_> repo system sounds very good
+20:45:15 <dobedobedoh> #info suggestions/ideas on how to finalise it would be appreciated
+20:46:16 <dobedobedoh> anzeljg: That looks great. Can't wait to get a glimpse at the code
+20:46:19 <dajan> I am looking at the demo. Great so far
+20:47:32 <anitsirk> <sidenote>it would be great to have links like that before the meeting in case we have time to look at it beforehand instead of during the meeting ;-) </sidenote>
+20:47:55 <dobedobedoh> anzeljg: Does it support repositories similar to moodle repos?
+20:48:05 <anzeljg> anitsirk: was making the video and uploading just before the meeting ;)
+20:48:21 <anzeljg> dobedobedoh: wha do you mean?
+20:48:25 <anitsirk> anzeljg: hehe. no worries. just in case things like that are available in advance next time :-)
+20:48:31 <dajan> How files are then added to my Pages? or my Local file management in Mahara?
+20:48:43 <dobedobedoh> Well, for example integration to externally hosted content?
+20:49:01 <dobedobedoh> Something like a flash media server
+20:49:02 <anzeljg> dajan: taht's the part I'm having trobule with
+20:49:15 <dajan> :-)
+20:49:23 <dajan> sorry :-(
+20:49:26 <iarenaza> anzeljg: quite impressive anyway!
+20:49:28 <dobedobedoh> or a content host where files are hosted externaly
+20:49:31 <dobedobedoh> That's looking really good
+20:49:32 <anzeljg> it should work like files in Mahara... user select file(s) and adds them to page... same here
+20:49:50 <dobedobedoh> And should we convert the current internal media to a repo perhaps
+20:50:04 <rkabalin_> +1
+20:50:04 <anzeljg> i don't think so
+20:50:04 <dajan> +1
+20:50:07 <richardm> very cool anzeljg
+20:50:11 <anzeljg> don't know
+20:50:28 <dobedobedoh> If a repository coudl provide both an accessor, and a blocktype perhaps, or provide code to fit into an existing blocktype
+20:50:32 * dobedobedoh dreams of pies in the sky
+20:50:40 <dajan> Why the internal file system is a repo.
+20:50:48 <anzeljg> all repos are accessed wia oauth (box and dropbox) or oauth2 (skydrive, googledocs)
+20:51:06 <dajan> Maybe not. I forgot about the TAGS !
+20:51:27 <anzeljg> dobedobedoh: explain accessor
+20:51:34 <anitsirk> anzeljg: would you then just link to the files in the repository or copy them?
+20:51:35 <dajan> You can tags files in the internal file system, not on Dropbox. Tags are important.
+20:51:53 <dobedobedoh> something to handle account setup, handshaking, etc
+20:52:13 <anzeljg> link to them (or in skydrive/googledocs case also have an option to embed them)
+20:52:53 <anitsirk> anzeljg: thanks. the latter can be done already through safeiframes and will have an admin interface in 1.6 :-)
+20:53:09 <dajan> Could we open a page on the wiki to discuss the features. Because this is a very very  important feature and this will maybe change things in core?
+20:53:18 <dobedobedoh> +1
+20:53:24 <dobedobedoh> Is the code available anyhwere?
+20:53:53 <anzeljg> anitsirk: i mean without iframes/embed code, user just picks the file, clicks embed option and it gets embedded (don't really know if it is possible, but that's the "plan")
+20:54:11 <anzeljg> dobedobedoh: not yet
+20:54:29 <anitsirk> what about alfresco? that question came up again.
+20:54:38 <anzeljg> will try to make it available, but will have very little time in next 4-6 weeks!
+20:54:43 <elky> gah, sorry, here now
+20:54:45 <anitsirk> would that also be supported or only software-as-a-service repositories?
+20:54:56 <dobedobedoh> Welcome elky
+20:55:04 <dajan> they also tried for Moodle but, I think there are still issues with Alfresco.
+20:55:09 <anzeljg> I looked at alfresco, but the Alfresco Cloud doesn't have API...
+20:56:04 <anzeljg> only Alfresco has API - but don't have it installed and don't know anything about it...
+20:56:14 <anzeljg> sorry :(
+20:56:33 <anzeljg> (note: Alfresco != Alfresco Cloud)
+20:56:38 <anzeljg> ..
+20:57:29 <dobedobedoh> This looks like a really impressive and important development for mahara. Thanks anzeljg
+20:57:41 <anzeljg> :)
+20:58:00 <dobedobedoh> Will you be able to put a wiki page together, and possibly the code so that we can comment?
+20:58:11 <anzeljg> will try...
+20:58:31 <anitsirk> i think a wiki page in "specs in development" and a forum discussion would be good
+20:58:46 <dobedobedoh> #action anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information (possibly code too)
+20:58:58 <anzeljg> firstly I would like to finnish it with support for Box and Dropbox...
+20:59:22 <dobedobedoh> Anything else to discuss before we move onto skins?
+20:59:28 <anzeljg> nope
+20:59:50 <hughdavenport`> hi all, I'll have to head off shortly, will catch up on the minutes tomorrow
+20:59:58 <dobedobedoh> Thanks hughdavenport`
+21:00:07 <dobedobedoh> Right, we've moving on to discuss skins
+21:00:07 <dobedobedoh> #topic Update on Skins work (anzeljg)
+21:00:11 <anzeljg> Started to create skin live preview (as Mike Kelly once suggested), because IMO average user would greately benefit from it.
+21:00:19 <anzeljg> Currently I have a problem, because I don't know how to allow uploading background image for skin, that would show up in live preview, without the need to refresh/reload the page
+21:00:25 <anzeljg> (everything else works dinamically without refreshing/reloading the page).
+21:00:33 <anzeljg> You can see a quick demo of skin live preview at http://screencast.com/t/CWoznCHjJG (no sound)
+21:00:39 <anzeljg> Any idea on how to upload images without the need for refreshing/reloading would be very welcome.
+21:00:49 <anzeljg> Will not have much time in next 4-6 week so I might merge existing skins code and add live preview later?
+21:00:50 <anzeljg> ..
+21:02:04 <dobedobedoh> #info anzeljg is adding 'life preview' support to skins to give users a preview of their changes
+21:02:19 <dobedobedoh> #info screencast available at http://screencast.com/t/CWoznCHjJG
+21:03:58 <dobedobedoh> It'd be great if the dialogue to make changes was in a floating overlay
+21:04:37 <anzeljg> above the preview content?
+21:04:41 <dobedobedoh> yeah
+21:04:45 <anzeljg> ok
+21:04:49 <dobedobedoh> I notice in the screencast you keep scrolling down to view changes
+21:04:54 <dobedobedoh> just a thought
+21:05:31 <anzeljg> if user click on the up arrow than the form hides...
+21:05:37 <anzeljg> click = clicks
+21:05:43 <dobedobedoh> again though, looks like a great improvement
+21:06:54 <iarenaza> yes, definitely a great improvement!
+21:07:10 <dobedobedoh> Is there anything else people want to discuss on skins?
+21:07:25 <anitsirk> the functionality looks great.
+21:07:37 <anzeljg> So should I merge skins without 'live preview' code to get it to review system and add 'live preview' later, because it doen't affect the core files???
+21:09:49 <dobedobedoh> If it doesn't require changes to skins, I'd be tempted to leave it
+21:09:57 <dobedobedoh> that woudl reduce the amount of review time to get skins into core
+21:10:02 <dobedobedoh> anyone else got any thoughts?
+21:10:14 <dobedobedoh> It could then go in as a separate patchset on top of skins
+21:10:30 <iarenaza> +1
+21:10:32 <rkabalin_> I agree
+21:10:34 <richardm> yeah, anzeljg anything you can do to split it up will make review easier
+21:10:53 <anzeljg> I intend to split it up as much as i can.
+21:11:43 <richardm> live preview looks great
+21:11:44 <anzeljg> So if i understand i should merge everything (except live preview) to gitorious to get it to review nd add live preview later (on top of skins)
+21:12:04 <anzeljg> nd = and
+21:13:44 <richardm> anzeljg: you should rebase all your patches on top of the latest master, and then submit the resulting branch to gerrit using a 'skins' topic
+21:14:34 <anzeljg> richardm: will contact you via email when I finnish the rebase...
+21:14:55 <richardm> ok
+21:15:26 <dobedobedoh> Anything else to discuss on skins?
+21:15:31 <anzeljg> no
+21:16:41 <dobedobedoh> Moving on...
+21:16:42 <dobedobedoh> #topic Demo site (anitsirk)
+21:16:49 <anitsirk> rigth.
+21:17:05 <anitsirk> i just wanted to let you know that http://demo.mahara.org is now up-to-date on mahara 1.5
+21:17:18 <anitsirk> it should be really fast in the UK as it sits on a server over there right now
+21:17:38 <anitsirk> #info http://demo.mahara.org showcases mahara 1.5 now
+21:17:46 <anitsirk> that's it. :-)
+21:17:53 <dobedobedoh> nice and short
+21:17:56 <dobedobedoh> #topic Upcoming Mahara Events:
+21:17:58 <dobedobedoh> #info  First Maharamoot francophone in Nîmes, May 20-22nd. Spread the word around you (dajan)
+21:18:03 <dobedobedoh> Anything more to mention here dajan?
+21:18:14 <dajan> No. Just spread the word.
+21:18:20 <dobedobedoh> #info MaharaUK 2012 3rd July 2012 in Lancaster (dobedobedoh)
+21:18:40 <dobedobedoh> rkabalin_ and I will be spreading the word more on this and opening for registration hopefully this week
+21:18:42 <dajan> I will be the first FR Maharamoot. We are all thrilled to help you to spread mahara use further
+21:19:17 <dobedobedoh> We still have our call for presentations open. If you'd like to do any, either in person or via video conferencing, please drop us a line
+21:19:23 * dobedobedoh stops plugging
+21:19:28 <dobedobedoh> Any other events coming up?
+21:19:31 <anitsirk> there'll also be a mahoodlemoot at purchase college (NY) in july
+21:19:48 <dobedobedoh> #info mahoodlemoot at Purchase College (NY) in July
+21:19:48 <dajan> I will deliver a speech in Lancaster
+21:20:03 <dobedobedoh> #info dajan will be one of our keynote speakers at maharauk2012 :)
+21:20:13 <dajan> They asked me to present 1.5 new features as a Keynote
+21:20:15 <anitsirk> the next MUG meeting hasn't been decided on. yesterday's was great showcasing student portfolios
+21:20:31 <anitsirk> cool :-)
+21:20:55 <dobedobedoh> Last call for events
+21:21:25 <dobedobedoh> #info yesterday's MUG saw showcasing of student portfolios
+21:21:33 <dobedobedoh> #info next MUG dates to be announced when available
+21:22:05 <dobedobedoh> #topic Next meeting and Chair
+21:22:31 <iarenaza> dajan: what's the web site for the French Maharamoot?
+21:22:31 <dobedobedoh> The next meeting is likely to be at about 07:00 UTC in about a month
+21:22:45 <dajan> http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/
+21:22:52 <iarenaza> dajan: thanks!
+21:23:00 <dobedobedoh> #info website for french maharamoot is  http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/
+21:24:07 <dobedobedoh> So, next meeting. I'd suggest middle of June..?
+21:24:31 <anitsirk> sounds good to me
+21:24:55 <dajan> ok
+21:24:59 <_anzeljg_> ok
+21:25:03 <iarenaza> dobedobedoh: did you talk about spacing meetings 3 weeks apart (and making them shorter) at the last meeting? Or am I just dreaming?
+21:25:20 <dobedobedoh> I think I suggested making them slightly further apart
+21:25:30 <iarenaza> Oops! :-)
+21:25:47 <dobedobedoh> ah
+21:25:49 <_anzeljg_> anitsirk was talking about making them aprox. one hour long
+21:25:51 * dobedobedoh rereads
+21:26:10 <dobedobedoh> yeah, the alternative suggestion was frequent meetings @ 1 hour long
+21:26:16 <dajan> Have to leave you now. Some test to prepare for my students tomorrow.
+21:26:21 <dobedobedoh> So shall we say in about 4 weeks time?
+21:26:25 <dobedobedoh> Thanks for joining us dajan
+21:26:36 <anitsirk> bye dajan
+21:26:40 <_anzeljg_> bye dajan.
+21:26:41 <iarenaza> bye dajan
+21:26:48 <rkabalin_> bye dajan
+21:26:49 <dobedobedoh> Making it the Wednesday 23rd May
+21:26:52 <iarenaza> dobedobedoh: fine with me
+21:26:58 <rkabalin_> fine with me
+21:27:02 <_anzeljg_> ok
+21:27:04 <dobedobedoh> at 07:00 UTC
+21:27:20 <dobedobedoh> Actually, 07:30 would be better for us I suspect
+21:27:27 <dajan> To the one who asked before: my knee is still hurting. But tomorrow must go to work. Thanks to have asked.
+21:27:27 <_anzeljg_> agree
+21:27:55 <dobedobedoh> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=17th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120523T0730
+21:27:55 <_anzeljg_> dajan: will look into Europass tomorrow or in couple of days
+21:28:30 <iarenaza> dobedobedoh: 7:30 UTC is fine for us in CET/DST :-)
+21:28:41 <anitsirk> fine by me
+21:28:48 <dajan> Ok fine. I think we already (you already) did a lot editing and killing the bugs these last days. Thanks
+21:29:47 <dajan> Next meeting I will be teaching at 9am. So will be without me. cheers
+21:30:48 <dobedobedoh> And anyone (preferably in nz) willing to chair?
+21:31:03 * anitsirk prods elky ;-)
+21:31:12 <anitsirk> as it's in the evening
+21:31:19 <elky> yep
+21:31:45 <elky> put me down for it
+21:32:10 <dobedobedoh> #info elky to chair the next developer meeting at 07:30 UTC on 23rd May 2012
+21:32:19 <dobedobedoh> Finally
+21:32:19 <dobedobedoh> #topic Any other business
+21:32:54 <anitsirk> i have one
+21:33:00 <_anzeljg_> ;)
+21:34:03 <anitsirk> Just that we didn't mention the release of 1.5 at all. break out the champagne, dance around in circles and be happy. another release is out thanks to the work of many people.
+21:34:19 <dobedobedoh> #info Mahara 1.5 is now out
+21:34:23 <dobedobedoh> Thanks to all for their hard work
+21:34:34 <dajan> Did you make a new mug?
+21:34:56 <anitsirk> dajan: nope. that would have been too predictive. ;-)
+21:35:05 <anitsirk> oh i have another one
+21:35:11 <_anzeljg_> An umbrella then ;)
+21:35:19 <dajan> I wanted to start a collection  :|
+21:35:47 <anitsirk> #info Mahara has a security bug bounty program https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Security#Mahara_Security_Bug_Bounty_Program
+21:35:47 <dobedobedoh> aww, I was looking forward to another mug
+21:35:59 <_anzeljg_> me too
+21:36:17 <elky> dajan, step 1: buy a mug from the market. step 2: Write "mahara 1.5" on it. Step 3: add to collection
+21:36:20 <dobedobedoh> I guess that core devs don't get the bonus if they contributed the buggy code ;)
+21:36:50 <_anzeljg_> elky: what about the cool graphics?
+21:36:50 <dajan> Will do. Thanks for the tip elky
+21:36:51 <iarenaza> dobedobedoh: that reminds me of Nigel's recent tweet XD
+21:37:02 <fmarier> dobedobedoh: that would be a lucrative loophole ;)
+21:37:06 <_anzeljg_> Nigel is here, right?
+21:37:23 <dobedobedoh> Wgh's putting up the bounties?
+21:37:27 <_anzeljg_> not anymore...
+21:38:01 <dobedobedoh> Who*
+21:38:09 <fmarier> dobedobedoh: Richard Wyles
+21:38:25 <dobedobedoh> #info Thanks to Richard Wyles for putting up security bounties
+21:38:35 <dobedobedoh> Any other business to discuss before I call endmeeting?
+21:38:47 <iarenaza> not from me
+21:38:55 <_anzeljg_> no, not from me
+21:38:58 <anitsirk> no. 2 is enough ;-)
+21:39:00 <dobedobedoh> Thank you all
+21:39:06 <dobedobedoh> #endmeeting
+ diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..2103f5871c35c4d7e2b4116e0a883548f2d83100 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.txt @@ -0,0 +1,414 @@ +20:02:47 #startmeeting +20:02:47 Meeting started Wed Apr 25 20:02:47 2012 UTC. The chair is dobedobedoh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. +20:02:47 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic. +20:02:50 Welcome to the 16th Mahara Developer Meeting. +20:02:52 Please introduce yourself with #info [, ], +20:02:54 #info Andrew Nicols, Lancaster University, UK +20:03:02 #info Francois Marier +20:03:09 #info anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and developer from Ljubljana, Slovenia +20:03:10 #info Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster University, UK +20:03:13 #info Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wellington +20:03:26 #info Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington +20:03:33 #info Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wellington +20:03:39 fmarier: awesome. the bay area at this time of the year is great. +20:04:24 * dobedobedoh prods dajan ;) +20:04:25 #info Dominique-Alain JAN french translator - Lausanne Switzerland +20:04:36 I think that's everyone so far +20:04:39 #topic Items from last meeting +20:04:41 #info The minutes from the last meeting are available at http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.html +20:04:50 #info fmarier completed his two action items during the last meeting. Check the minutes of that meeting for details +20:04:59 #info anzeljg has joined the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it the owner of the mahara translation +20:05:10 done some minutes after the meeting +20:05:26 Was there anything else from the previous meeting that should have been in the Actions that should be discussed here? +20:05:43 anzeljg: yep. it is just to confirm that these things were already long done due to you and fmarier being so quick. :-) +20:06:04 ;) +20:06:07 :) +20:06:12 In which case, we shall press on. +20:06:16 dobedobedoh: not that i can think of. though i think we kept CIA in mahara-commits +20:06:33 We've got 9 further items on the agenda. I have adjusted the order slightly +20:06:55 #info CIA stays in #mahara-commits and has not made it to #mahara-dev +20:07:19 If anyone has any objections to that decision, then can they raise them in AOB... +20:07:49 As a quick reminder from previous meetings, if you are writing multiple lines +20:07:59 Then can you signify when you finish by ending in ... +20:08:02 #topic Roadmap for Mahara 1.6 (dajan) +20:08:11 Over to you dajan +20:08:57 Yes. I was on the wiki last day and I noticed that the roadmap was for 1.3 and 1.4. Now 1.5 is out, maybe it is time to rewrite the wiki to give users and institutions a clear view of what is coming next. +20:09:40 #info The roadmap on the wiki is vastly out of date +20:09:43 So for you and the community to decide/discuss what feature to work on for 1.6. +20:09:54 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Roadmap +20:10:12 we haven't updated the wiki pages as there is not really a roadmap. things get into mahara when there is either funding for new features or we fix things as far as i see it +20:10:34 as funding is not necessarily confirmed at the beginning of a release, drawing up a full roadmap would be tricky. +20:10:36 I think that it would be great to have some guidance from Catalyst here. There are features lined up and waiting to go in (we're discussing some of those later) +20:10:41 last time anitsirk and I talked about it, we came to the conclusion that a roadmap doesn't make sense for Mahara given that nobody is really driving the new features in the project +20:11:12 So maybe the time has come to delete the page. It is not a good marketing to have outdated pages for a roadmap. What do you think? +20:11:29 Catalyst is funding the maintenance of the project (and that's quite a lot of work) but contributors and funders are the ones who drive new feature development when it comes down to it +20:11:56 dajan: that's a fair comment and not a bad idea +20:12:04 +1 +20:12:06 i don't really see the purpose of that page anymore +20:12:10 hi iarenaza +20:12:13 i would agree +20:12:17 melissa has also created some launchpad blueprints for some of the new proposed features +20:12:23 hi +20:12:25 and we can put milestones against those +20:12:32 I think that it is important to have some kind of idea as to what's coming up in future releases +20:12:37 even if they are pie-in-the-sky +20:12:46 i think the blueprints and the associated pages under "Specifications in development" are better than the roadmap +20:12:54 i agree +20:12:59 +1 +20:13:11 dobedobedoh: but if you publish something that people want, they'll be disappointed if it's not in the next release +20:13:16 hi iarenaza +20:13:18 dobedobedoh: i don't agree because that might raise expectations too high, e.g. skins etc. +20:13:30 I agree, that if we already know what new features will be in .1.6, to communicate about this. Public is sensitive to such message. +20:13:39 fmarier: true, but there should be a single source of information for people to find out what's in the pipeline +20:13:45 even if it doesn't have specific targets against it +20:13:54 and it may help to get some of those features funded into core +20:14:03 but isn't that "specifications in development"? +20:14:06 i personally like the milestone/blueprint idea +20:14:13 well probably +20:14:16 there we have a bunch of things listed and move them to "completed" once done. +20:14:21 anitsirk: spec in dev doesn't really show what's being worked on +20:14:34 there's a lot of things on there that were proposed but will never get done +20:14:37 (and that's ok) +20:14:40 then roadmap page can probably contain the link to blueprints +20:14:42 We could say aside of some interesting features to come : Need funding. This will maybe raise the interest of some people with money +20:14:52 that's where the blueprints can help because there we can change the status +20:14:57 Perhaps it would be helpful to also include links to launchpad searches showing what's happening/happened recently +20:15:02 or for a specific version +20:15:04 ... +20:15:08 #info iarenaza Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Spain +20:15:21 Hi iarenaza +20:15:25 #info blueprints for mahara started at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.5_STABLE/genindex.html#N +20:15:36 oops. sorry. wrong link +20:15:45 could you try to undo this please, dobedobedoh ? +20:15:49 #undo +20:15:49 Removing item from minutes: +20:15:59 #info Specs in Development are on the wiki at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development +20:16:18 #info blueprints for mahara started at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara +20:16:23 thanks dobedobedoh +20:16:42 Thanks. This is interesting and should replace the roadmap page. My opinion. +20:16:42 Perhaps the existing roadmap page should link to the relevant pages then? +20:17:13 and on the blueprints we can change the status and see what is going on. +20:17:15 +1 +20:17:21 +1 +20:17:42 +1 +20:17:45 #idea Those who have made a suggestion which is on the blueprints page should add more detail to save elky doing all of the work +20:17:48 Any objections? +20:18:01 sounds good +20:18:04 nope +20:18:05 ok +20:18:11 #agreed The Roadmap page should link to the blueprints page +20:18:11 agree +20:18:17 Would anyone like to take on the task? +20:18:24 i'll do it +20:18:46 i already put a link to the manual on hopefully all user guide pages on the wiki. so i have the initial code. ;-) +20:18:49 #info anitsirk to update the roadmap +20:18:56 #undo +20:18:56 Removing item from minutes: +20:19:05 #action anitsirk to update the roadmap +20:19:25 Is there anything else to discuss on the roadmap..? +20:19:31 nope +20:19:57 related to the roadmap, how will things work for those trying to get features in? +20:20:08 If things are primarily driven by funding at the moment? +20:21:53 Okay... I'll move onto the next topic for the moment +20:21:58 #topic Laurent Opprecht's "Notes" plugin (University of Geneva) as a way to improve the actual "Notes" block in Mahara (dajan) +20:22:02 dobedobedoh: by funding i mean for example: somebody wants to funds / develops a feature that should go into core -> it is developed -> goes into review. more experienced reviewers (not just catalyst) would help because then things don't get stuck in the queue +20:22:22 oh my "wants to fund / develop" +20:22:45 okay. Thanks for clarifying :) +20:23:09 ideally, the funding also includes time for going through the review system. ;-) +20:23:19 heh qutie +20:23:39 it's like testing that needs to be done. +20:24:34 did we change the topic? +20:24:37 we did :) +20:24:40 Ok +20:24:47 Laurent Opprecht from University of Geneva is really doing interesting things around Mahara and he has already developped some plugins for Mahara. +20:24:55 I spoke to him and the whole Geneva team weeks agon +20:24:55 (but we carried on talking about the old one for a moment) +20:24:59 sorry ago +20:25:32 Before 1.5 he developped and interesting alternative to the Mahara blocktype Note (his plugin is available on the wiki on my request) +20:25:41 In 1.5 we can re-use Notes blocks in other pages. But we can't create notes from the "Content" section of Mahara. Laurent's plugin does that. It separates the collection/creation process (in Content) from the diplay process (in Pages). +20:26:53 hi everyone, sorry to interupt and sorry I'm late :) +20:27:16 dajan: i think a combination of the current functionality (1.5) and laurent's idea might be good. i like being able to create notes directly on a page. users sometimes complain that they can't do that for journals, for example. oursourcing it to just the content would be a step back. but i agree that it would be good to be able to create a note under "Content" as well as with files +20:27:43 I think that his way is better than what we can do with 1.5 and the Note block type. It is less confusing for users and separate the task of creating things from the one of presenting them. +20:28:04 dajan: Is creation under content the only extra feature? would it be easier for us to just add a new create note button to 1.5? +20:28:28 Yes I agree with you Kristina. But it is a bit confusing to create a new page to add a note for a future use. Isn't it? +20:28:28 #info Luarent Opprecht (University of Geneva) has developed a Notes artefact for Mahara which separates content creation from display +20:29:01 but we already mix that with the upload of files from the page. i think being able to do that in both places and collect them all under content would be nice. furthermore, we still need the possibility to copy notes as is possible in 1.5. +20:29:11 yes richardm, it is the only thing I saw that make it different. But interesting. +20:29:43 dajan: so far notes were text boxes and created for immediate use. having the "create note" feature on the content tab would be good for the future use. +20:29:43 It is possible to copy and edit note in Laurent's plugin as in 1.5 +20:29:55 cool. +20:30:16 Just have a look and maybe use what you think good to improve Mahara. +20:30:18 forgot about that. +20:30:56 #idea Look at integrating missing features from Laurent's Note plugin into Mahara +20:31:02 https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4352 is where we discussed it. +20:31:50 Perhaps a blueprint task? +20:32:12 maybe, adding the create note button, and letting "edit note" should be pretty easy though +20:32:27 er letting "edit note" create notes i mean +20:32:53 maybe it's more a bug rather than a blueprint +20:32:56 .. +20:33:03 agreed +20:33:07 +1 +20:33:13 +1 +20:33:14 +1 +20:33:37 dajan, would you be able to raise appropriate bugs/feature requests in the tracker for this? +20:33:51 Wilco +20:33:56 :) +20:34:01 ricahrdm : This guy has other jewels in his cases. Stay in touch with him. Uni Geneva are doing great things w/ Mahara. +20:34:16 #action dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker +20:34:28 dajan: which will bring us to his other plugin ;-) +20:34:28 Perhaps we can persuade them to take part in core... +20:34:32 indeed +20:34:35 #topic Laurent Opprecht's "Extresource" plugin with OEmbed protocol to improve the way of embedding "things"in Mahara (dajan) +20:34:53 dajan has the floor again +20:35:11 dajan: yes, he's done a lot of work on one of the auth plugins too, hasn't he? +20:35:28 Ok. Nothing much to say about this, after having seen a post today from Kristina saying that Laurent will put this into the core (exresource I mean) +20:35:43 https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara/+spec/external-media-oembed - blueprint already exists :-) +20:35:55 #info Laurent to submit Extresource to core +20:36:15 he was just waiting for us to finish something. richardm has just pushed these changes. they were around the external media block +20:36:20 Haven't looked at the source code, but what is the difference with Emed.ly? I belive Embed.ly also uses OEmbed protocol... +20:36:20 The auth plugin (CAS) was made by Mr Pollet Uni of Lyon (France) I turned him from developing things for Moodle to Mahara +20:36:35 Nice conversion dajan :) +20:36:45 :) +20:37:03 anzeljg: as far as i can see it does not rely on an external service like embed.ly that might be turned off at some point. +20:37:13 I see +20:37:42 Yes your are right. Embdly need the access to embed.ly what extresource doesn't +20:37:53 cool +20:38:21 #idea It would be nice if some of the plugins being 'replaced' in this sense would provide upgrade paths if appropriate +20:38:23 So embedly will "die" eventually... +20:38:57 anzeljg: not necessarily as not every service allows for oembed yet. +20:39:03 I think we should keep the block type External media and Extresource together. Because Exeternal media can control which service we agree (important for some institution) where Extresource embed anything that accept OEmbed protocol +20:39:32 dajan: it will become part of the external media one. he posted his addition on the same specs page. +20:39:40 at least that's the proposal +20:40:04 Well. Having both separated make sense to me. +20:40:11 That's good. Keeps things in the same place +20:40:42 what could be replaced to avoid constant updated (as google tends to change things all the time) would be the google apps block now that we have the safeiframes. but that is a discussion for another day. +20:40:52 If I don't want students embedding things I can control them with External media. Or we have to provide such a control in the new Extresrouce plugin +20:41:35 anitsirk: +1, I think googledocs should go into repository plugin. More about that later... +20:42:01 dajan: It might be an idea to add that suggestion to the sid wiki: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/External_media_block_extension +20:42:09 Ummm repository plugin. Sounds nice. +20:42:15 Is there anything else to discuss re UoG's submissions, or Extresource/External Media changes, or related before we move on? +20:42:30 I will add my comment into the wiki. Next week is it ok? +20:42:32 Forewarning, I have swapped over the next few items so that Repos are next +20:42:56 I should think so +20:43:27 Right, without further ado... +20:43:27 #topic Repository Plugins (anzeljg) +20:43:36 anzeljg: Your turn for a spot in the limelight +20:43:51 I am very visual person, so instead of writing spec for repository plugin I've coded an initial thing. +20:44:02 It is coded in such manner that it should be fairly easy to add additional services +20:44:11 (it is planned that the plugin will be released with support for Box, Dropbox, Windows Live SkyDrive and GoogleDocs; maybe Picasa and Flickr). +20:44:18 Each service will extend PluginBlocktypeRepository. PluginBlocktypeRepository extends PluginBlocktype and adds additional methods to use with accessing data over REST (with OAuth authentication). +20:44:27 You can see demo at http://screencast.com/t/wxfDwcc3UHdk +20:44:34 #info anzeljg has written a proof of concept for a repository system for mahara +20:44:34 The edit/delete functionallity for files/folders don't exist yet, and I don't quite know how to write a blocktype config form for users to select files (folders) they whis to include in view/page. +20:44:42 It should be something like files in Mahara (artefact chooser?), but I don't quite get it. So any support and/or ideas would be very appreciated. +20:44:45 ... +20:44:48 #info demo available at http://screencast.com/t/wxfDwcc3UHdk +20:45:07 awesome! +20:45:14 repo system sounds very good +20:45:15 #info suggestions/ideas on how to finalise it would be appreciated +20:46:16 anzeljg: That looks great. Can't wait to get a glimpse at the code +20:46:19 I am looking at the demo. Great so far +20:47:32 it would be great to have links like that before the meeting in case we have time to look at it beforehand instead of during the meeting ;-) +20:47:55 anzeljg: Does it support repositories similar to moodle repos? +20:48:05 anitsirk: was making the video and uploading just before the meeting ;) +20:48:21 dobedobedoh: wha do you mean? +20:48:25 anzeljg: hehe. no worries. just in case things like that are available in advance next time :-) +20:48:31 How files are then added to my Pages? or my Local file management in Mahara? +20:48:43 Well, for example integration to externally hosted content? +20:49:01 Something like a flash media server +20:49:02 dajan: taht's the part I'm having trobule with +20:49:15 :-) +20:49:23 sorry :-( +20:49:26 anzeljg: quite impressive anyway! +20:49:28 or a content host where files are hosted externaly +20:49:31 That's looking really good +20:49:32 it should work like files in Mahara... user select file(s) and adds them to page... same here +20:49:50 And should we convert the current internal media to a repo perhaps +20:50:04 +1 +20:50:04 i don't think so +20:50:04 +1 +20:50:07 very cool anzeljg +20:50:11 don't know +20:50:28 If a repository coudl provide both an accessor, and a blocktype perhaps, or provide code to fit into an existing blocktype +20:50:32 * dobedobedoh dreams of pies in the sky +20:50:40 Why the internal file system is a repo. +20:50:48 all repos are accessed wia oauth (box and dropbox) or oauth2 (skydrive, googledocs) +20:51:06 Maybe not. I forgot about the TAGS ! +20:51:27 dobedobedoh: explain accessor +20:51:34 anzeljg: would you then just link to the files in the repository or copy them? +20:51:35 You can tags files in the internal file system, not on Dropbox. Tags are important. +20:51:53 something to handle account setup, handshaking, etc +20:52:13 link to them (or in skydrive/googledocs case also have an option to embed them) +20:52:53 anzeljg: thanks. the latter can be done already through safeiframes and will have an admin interface in 1.6 :-) +20:53:09 Could we open a page on the wiki to discuss the features. Because this is a very very important feature and this will maybe change things in core? +20:53:18 +1 +20:53:24 Is the code available anyhwere? +20:53:53 anitsirk: i mean without iframes/embed code, user just picks the file, clicks embed option and it gets embedded (don't really know if it is possible, but that's the "plan") +20:54:11 dobedobedoh: not yet +20:54:29 what about alfresco? that question came up again. +20:54:38 will try to make it available, but will have very little time in next 4-6 weeks! +20:54:43 gah, sorry, here now +20:54:45 would that also be supported or only software-as-a-service repositories? +20:54:56 Welcome elky +20:55:04 they also tried for Moodle but, I think there are still issues with Alfresco. +20:55:09 I looked at alfresco, but the Alfresco Cloud doesn't have API... +20:56:04 only Alfresco has API - but don't have it installed and don't know anything about it... +20:56:14 sorry :( +20:56:33 (note: Alfresco != Alfresco Cloud) +20:56:38 .. +20:57:29 This looks like a really impressive and important development for mahara. Thanks anzeljg +20:57:41 :) +20:58:00 Will you be able to put a wiki page together, and possibly the code so that we can comment? +20:58:11 will try... +20:58:31 i think a wiki page in "specs in development" and a forum discussion would be good +20:58:46 #action anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information (possibly code too) +20:58:58 firstly I would like to finnish it with support for Box and Dropbox... +20:59:22 Anything else to discuss before we move onto skins? +20:59:28 nope +20:59:50 hi all, I'll have to head off shortly, will catch up on the minutes tomorrow +20:59:58 Thanks hughdavenport` +21:00:07 Right, we've moving on to discuss skins +21:00:07 #topic Update on Skins work (anzeljg) +21:00:11 Started to create skin live preview (as Mike Kelly once suggested), because IMO average user would greately benefit from it. +21:00:19 Currently I have a problem, because I don't know how to allow uploading background image for skin, that would show up in live preview, without the need to refresh/reload the page +21:00:25 (everything else works dinamically without refreshing/reloading the page). +21:00:33 You can see a quick demo of skin live preview at http://screencast.com/t/CWoznCHjJG (no sound) +21:00:39 Any idea on how to upload images without the need for refreshing/reloading would be very welcome. +21:00:49 Will not have much time in next 4-6 week so I might merge existing skins code and add live preview later? +21:00:50 .. +21:02:04 #info anzeljg is adding 'life preview' support to skins to give users a preview of their changes +21:02:19 #info screencast available at http://screencast.com/t/CWoznCHjJG +21:03:58 It'd be great if the dialogue to make changes was in a floating overlay +21:04:37 above the preview content? +21:04:41 yeah +21:04:45 ok +21:04:49 I notice in the screencast you keep scrolling down to view changes +21:04:54 just a thought +21:05:31 if user click on the up arrow than the form hides... +21:05:37 click = clicks +21:05:43 again though, looks like a great improvement +21:06:54 yes, definitely a great improvement! +21:07:10 Is there anything else people want to discuss on skins? +21:07:25 the functionality looks great. +21:07:37 So should I merge skins without 'live preview' code to get it to review system and add 'live preview' later, because it doen't affect the core files??? +21:09:49 If it doesn't require changes to skins, I'd be tempted to leave it +21:09:57 that woudl reduce the amount of review time to get skins into core +21:10:02 anyone else got any thoughts? +21:10:14 It could then go in as a separate patchset on top of skins +21:10:30 +1 +21:10:32 I agree +21:10:34 yeah, anzeljg anything you can do to split it up will make review easier +21:10:53 I intend to split it up as much as i can. +21:11:43 live preview looks great +21:11:44 So if i understand i should merge everything (except live preview) to gitorious to get it to review nd add live preview later (on top of skins) +21:12:04 nd = and +21:13:44 anzeljg: you should rebase all your patches on top of the latest master, and then submit the resulting branch to gerrit using a 'skins' topic +21:14:34 richardm: will contact you via email when I finnish the rebase... +21:14:55 ok +21:15:26 Anything else to discuss on skins? +21:15:31 no +21:16:41 Moving on... +21:16:42 #topic Demo site (anitsirk) +21:16:49 rigth. +21:17:05 i just wanted to let you know that http://demo.mahara.org is now up-to-date on mahara 1.5 +21:17:18 it should be really fast in the UK as it sits on a server over there right now +21:17:38 #info http://demo.mahara.org showcases mahara 1.5 now +21:17:46 that's it. :-) +21:17:53 nice and short +21:17:56 #topic Upcoming Mahara Events: +21:17:58 #info First Maharamoot francophone in Nîmes, May 20-22nd. Spread the word around you (dajan) +21:18:03 Anything more to mention here dajan? +21:18:14 No. Just spread the word. +21:18:20 #info MaharaUK 2012 3rd July 2012 in Lancaster (dobedobedoh) +21:18:40 rkabalin_ and I will be spreading the word more on this and opening for registration hopefully this week +21:18:42 I will be the first FR Maharamoot. We are all thrilled to help you to spread mahara use further +21:19:17 We still have our call for presentations open. If you'd like to do any, either in person or via video conferencing, please drop us a line +21:19:23 * dobedobedoh stops plugging +21:19:28 Any other events coming up? +21:19:31 there'll also be a mahoodlemoot at purchase college (NY) in july +21:19:48 #info mahoodlemoot at Purchase College (NY) in July +21:19:48 I will deliver a speech in Lancaster +21:20:03 #info dajan will be one of our keynote speakers at maharauk2012 :) +21:20:13 They asked me to present 1.5 new features as a Keynote +21:20:15 the next MUG meeting hasn't been decided on. yesterday's was great showcasing student portfolios +21:20:31 cool :-) +21:20:55 Last call for events +21:21:25 #info yesterday's MUG saw showcasing of student portfolios +21:21:33 #info next MUG dates to be announced when available +21:22:05 #topic Next meeting and Chair +21:22:31 dajan: what's the web site for the French Maharamoot? +21:22:31 The next meeting is likely to be at about 07:00 UTC in about a month +21:22:45 http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/ +21:22:52 dajan: thanks! +21:23:00 #info website for french maharamoot is http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/ +21:24:07 So, next meeting. I'd suggest middle of June..? +21:24:31 sounds good to me +21:24:55 ok +21:24:59 <_anzeljg_> ok +21:25:03 dobedobedoh: did you talk about spacing meetings 3 weeks apart (and making them shorter) at the last meeting? Or am I just dreaming? +21:25:20 I think I suggested making them slightly further apart +21:25:30 Oops! :-) +21:25:47 ah +21:25:49 <_anzeljg_> anitsirk was talking about making them aprox. one hour long +21:25:51 * dobedobedoh rereads +21:26:10 yeah, the alternative suggestion was frequent meetings @ 1 hour long +21:26:16 Have to leave you now. Some test to prepare for my students tomorrow. +21:26:21 So shall we say in about 4 weeks time? +21:26:25 Thanks for joining us dajan +21:26:36 bye dajan +21:26:40 <_anzeljg_> bye dajan. +21:26:41 bye dajan +21:26:48 bye dajan +21:26:49 Making it the Wednesday 23rd May +21:26:52 dobedobedoh: fine with me +21:26:58 fine with me +21:27:02 <_anzeljg_> ok +21:27:04 at 07:00 UTC +21:27:20 Actually, 07:30 would be better for us I suspect +21:27:27 To the one who asked before: my knee is still hurting. But tomorrow must go to work. Thanks to have asked. +21:27:27 <_anzeljg_> agree +21:27:55 http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=17th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120523T0730 +21:27:55 <_anzeljg_> dajan: will look into Europass tomorrow or in couple of days +21:28:30 dobedobedoh: 7:30 UTC is fine for us in CET/DST :-) +21:28:41 fine by me +21:28:48 Ok fine. I think we already (you already) did a lot editing and killing the bugs these last days. Thanks +21:29:47 Next meeting I will be teaching at 9am. So will be without me. cheers +21:30:48 And anyone (preferably in nz) willing to chair? +21:31:03 * anitsirk prods elky ;-) +21:31:12 as it's in the evening +21:31:19 yep +21:31:45 put me down for it +21:32:10 #info elky to chair the next developer meeting at 07:30 UTC on 23rd May 2012 +21:32:19 Finally +21:32:19 #topic Any other business +21:32:54 i have one +21:33:00 <_anzeljg_> ;) +21:34:03 Just that we didn't mention the release of 1.5 at all. break out the champagne, dance around in circles and be happy. another release is out thanks to the work of many people. +21:34:19 #info Mahara 1.5 is now out +21:34:23 Thanks to all for their hard work +21:34:34 Did you make a new mug? +21:34:56 dajan: nope. that would have been too predictive. ;-) +21:35:05 oh i have another one +21:35:11 <_anzeljg_> An umbrella then ;) +21:35:19 I wanted to start a collection :| +21:35:47 #info Mahara has a security bug bounty program https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Security#Mahara_Security_Bug_Bounty_Program +21:35:47 aww, I was looking forward to another mug +21:35:59 <_anzeljg_> me too +21:36:17 dajan, step 1: buy a mug from the market. step 2: Write "mahara 1.5" on it. Step 3: add to collection +21:36:20 I guess that core devs don't get the bonus if they contributed the buggy code ;) +21:36:50 <_anzeljg_> elky: what about the cool graphics? +21:36:50 Will do. Thanks for the tip elky +21:36:51 dobedobedoh: that reminds me of Nigel's recent tweet XD +21:37:02 dobedobedoh: that would be a lucrative loophole ;) +21:37:06 <_anzeljg_> Nigel is here, right? +21:37:23 Wgh's putting up the bounties? +21:37:27 <_anzeljg_> not anymore... +21:38:01 Who* +21:38:09 dobedobedoh: Richard Wyles +21:38:25 #info Thanks to Richard Wyles for putting up security bounties +21:38:35 Any other business to discuss before I call endmeeting? +21:38:47 not from me +21:38:55 <_anzeljg_> no, not from me +21:38:58 no. 2 is enough ;-) +21:39:00 Thank you all +21:39:06 #endmeeting \ No newline at end of file diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..ecbac35f3520ee645bbbb102ba5ee397ffb1fe82 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.txt @@ -0,0 +1,183 @@ +=================== +#mahara-dev Meeting +=================== + + +Meeting started by dobedobedoh at 20:02:47 UTC. The full logs are +available at +http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html +. + + + +Meeting summary +--------------- +* Andrew Nicols, Lancaster University, UK (dobedobedoh, 20:02:54) +* Francois Marier (fmarier, 20:03:02) +* anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and developer from Ljubljana, + Slovenia (anzeljg, 20:03:09) +* Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin_, 20:03:10) +* Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wellington (richardm, 20:03:13) +* Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington (anitsirk, 20:03:26) +* Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, Wellington (hughdavenport`, 20:03:33) +* Dominique-Alain JAN french translator - Lausanne Switzerland (dajan, + 20:04:25) +* Items from last meeting (dobedobedoh, 20:04:39) + * The minutes from the last meeting are available at + http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.html + (dobedobedoh, 20:04:41) + * fmarier completed his two action items during the last meeting. + Check the minutes of that meeting for details (dobedobedoh, + 20:04:50) + * anzeljg has joined the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could + make it the owner of the mahara translation (dobedobedoh, 20:04:59) + * CIA stays in #mahara-commits and has not made it to #mahara-dev + (dobedobedoh, 20:06:55) + +* Roadmap for Mahara 1.6 (dajan) (dobedobedoh, 20:08:02) + * The roadmap on the wiki is vastly out of date (dobedobedoh, + 20:09:40) + * LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Roadmap (dobedobedoh, + 20:09:54) + * iarenaza Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Spain (iarenaza, + 20:15:08) + * Specs in Development are on the wiki at + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development + (dobedobedoh, 20:15:59) + * blueprints for mahara started at + https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara (anitsirk, 20:16:18) + * IDEA: Those who have made a suggestion which is on the blueprints + page should add more detail to save elky doing all of the work + (dobedobedoh, 20:17:45) + * AGREED: The Roadmap page should link to the blueprints page + (dobedobedoh, 20:18:11) + * ACTION: anitsirk to update the roadmap (dobedobedoh, 20:19:05) + +* Laurent Opprecht's "Notes" plugin (University of Geneva) as a way to + improve the actual "Notes" block in Mahara (dajan) (dobedobedoh, + 20:21:58) + * Luarent Opprecht (University of Geneva) has developed a Notes + artefact for Mahara which separates content creation from display + (dobedobedoh, 20:28:28) + * IDEA: Look at integrating missing features from Laurent's Note + plugin into Mahara (dobedobedoh, 20:30:56) + * LINK: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4352 is + where we discussed it. (anitsirk, 20:31:02) + * ACTION: dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker + (dobedobedoh, 20:34:16) + +* Laurent Opprecht's "Extresource" plugin with OEmbed protocol to + improve the way of embedding "things"in Mahara (dajan) (dobedobedoh, + 20:34:35) + * LINK: + https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mahara/+spec/external-media-oembed + - blueprint already exists :-) (anitsirk, 20:35:43) + * Laurent to submit Extresource to core (dobedobedoh, 20:35:55) + * IDEA: It would be nice if some of the plugins being 'replaced' in + this sense would provide upgrade paths if appropriate (dobedobedoh, + 20:38:21) + +* Repository Plugins (anzeljg) (dobedobedoh, 20:43:27) + * anzeljg has written a proof of concept for a repository system for + mahara (dobedobedoh, 20:44:34) + * demo available at http://screencast.com/t/wxfDwcc3UHdk + (dobedobedoh, 20:44:48) + * suggestions/ideas on how to finalise it would be appreciated + (dobedobedoh, 20:45:15) + * ACTION: anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some + information (possibly code too) (dobedobedoh, 20:58:46) + +* Update on Skins work (anzeljg) (dobedobedoh, 21:00:07) + * anzeljg is adding 'life preview' support to skins to give users a + preview of their changes (dobedobedoh, 21:02:04) + * screencast available at http://screencast.com/t/CWoznCHjJG + (dobedobedoh, 21:02:19) + +* Demo site (anitsirk) (dobedobedoh, 21:16:42) + * http://demo.mahara.org showcases mahara 1.5 now (anitsirk, + 21:17:38) + +* Upcoming Mahara Events: (dobedobedoh, 21:17:56) + * First Maharamoot francophone in Nîmes, May 20-22nd. Spread the word + around you (dajan) (dobedobedoh, 21:17:58) + * MaharaUK 2012 3rd July 2012 in Lancaster (dobedobedoh) + (dobedobedoh, 21:18:20) + * mahoodlemoot at Purchase College (NY) in July (dobedobedoh, + 21:19:48) + * dajan will be one of our keynote speakers at maharauk2012 :) + (dobedobedoh, 21:20:03) + * yesterday's MUG saw showcasing of student portfolios (dobedobedoh, + 21:21:25) + * next MUG dates to be announced when available (dobedobedoh, + 21:21:33) + +* Next meeting and Chair (dobedobedoh, 21:22:05) + * LINK: http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/ (dajan, 21:22:45) + * website for french maharamoot is http://moodlemoot2012.unimes.fr/ + (dobedobedoh, 21:23:00) + * LINK: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=17th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120523T0730 + (dobedobedoh, 21:27:55) + * elky to chair the next developer meeting at 07:30 UTC on 23rd May + 2012 (dobedobedoh, 21:32:10) + +* Any other business (dobedobedoh, 21:32:19) + * Mahara 1.5 is now out (dobedobedoh, 21:34:19) + * Mahara has a security bug bounty program + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Security#Mahara_Security_Bug_Bounty_Program + (anitsirk, 21:35:47) + * Thanks to Richard Wyles for putting up security bounties + (dobedobedoh, 21:38:25) + +Meeting ended at 21:39:06 UTC. + + + + +Action Items +------------ +* anitsirk to update the roadmap +* dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker +* anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information + (possibly code too) + + + + +Action Items, by person +----------------------- +* anitsirk + * anitsirk to update the roadmap +* anzeljg + * anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information + (possibly code too) +* dajan + * dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker +* **UNASSIGNED** + * (none) + + + + +People Present (lines said) +--------------------------- +* dobedobedoh (154) +* anitsirk (68) +* anzeljg (59) +* dajan (56) +* richardm (17) +* iarenaza (14) +* _anzeljg_ (13) +* fmarier (12) +* rkabalin_ (7) +* hughdavenport` (5) +* maharameet (4) +* elky (4) +* lamiette (1) + + + + +Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 + +.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot