Commit 92cd5368 authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 31st July 2012

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew.nicols@luns.net.uk>
parent 9cda493d
This diff is collapsed.
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by elky at 07:37:31 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* elky is melissa draper, catalyst it, nz (elky, 07:38:24)
* hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, NZ (hughdavenport,
07:38:39)
* anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, Gimnazija Bezigrad, Slovenia (anzeljg,
07:38:45)
* kevinmoilar is Kevin Mueller, Liip AG, Switzerland (kevinmoilar,
07:39:37)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-07-31
(elky, 07:39:51)
* items from past meetings (elky, 07:40:17)
* dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker (elky, 07:40:25)
* iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza (Mondragon Unibertsitatea) (iarenaza,
07:42:08)
* LINK:
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html
has it (hughdavenport, 07:43:42)
* anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information
(possibly code too) <= wiki page done, code not yet. (elky, 07:43:52)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services
(elky, 07:44:03)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services
(anzeljg, 07:44:22)
* LINK: https://github.com/anzeljg/mahara-cloud (anzeljg, 07:45:12)
* Currently Cloud plugin has support/integration for Box, Dropbox,
SugarSync and Zotero (elky, 07:46:03)
* alanmc to post to dev forum post about the mobile api (elky,
07:48:28)
* LINK:
https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4747#post20953
(elky, 07:48:35)
* ACTION: hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before
feature freeze (elky, 07:52:20)
* elky look into removing google apps block from the core (elky,
07:52:51)
* elky's not had a chance (elky, 07:53:03)
* should be noted that much of it would be replaced by anzeljg's
cloudy stuff which is yay (elky, 07:53:44)
* elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than
php (elky, 07:54:15)
* kevinmoilar concerned about non-committal regarding
messaging/commenting support in api (elky, 07:57:42)
* ACTION: elky to confirm plans with alan (elky, 07:58:14)
* hughdavenport suggests alan give "a general overview on how they may
be extended in the commit message (and/or wiki)" (elky, 08:00:23)
* kevinmoilar asks about iOS support. answer; currently we don't know
of an iOS developer, but if one magically appeared we'd not turn
them away (elky, 08:02:57)
* dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker (elky, 08:05:52)
* LINK:
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html
has it (hughdavenport, 08:06:28)
* Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin, 08:07:34)
* dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University, UK
(dobedobedoh, 08:07:49)
* dajan says: i will write in the tracker a few revommendations about
extresource plugin to find a way to fusion Laurent Emprecht's plugin
eith the actual external resources plugins we have nowadays in
Mahara (elky, 08:08:29)
* dajan: we should find a way of having just one block to embed all
the different external sources that works in collaboration with the
code for iframes (elky, 08:13:44)
* elky: maintainability needs to be considered carefully too (elky,
08:13:59)
* ACTION: kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend
anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc (elky,
08:20:53)
* Continued: Discuss safeiframe xss vulnerabilities (elky, 08:24:23)
* still no resolution about the best way forward. will need to play it
by ear (elky, 08:34:00)
* Next meeting and Chair (elky, 08:41:34)
* next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012 utc 8pm, iarenaza will
chair (elky, 08:53:17)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T20
(elky, 08:55:59)
* Other business: (elky, 08:56:17)
* Mahara 1.4.3 and 1.5.2 went out a few hours ago, yay! (elky,
08:56:35)
* security releases, fix for that mysql can't cope with lots of things
problem (elky, 08:57:04)
* iaranza has a svg patch for the manual, will talk to elky in email
about it (elky, 09:01:30)
* <dajan> Could we at some point (next meeting) speak about
webservices I see a huge potentialvfor moodle and other services
integration with Mahara but i think there is a lack of info and
example on this (elky, 09:01:47)
Meeting ended at 09:03:07 UTC.
Action Items
------------
* hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze
* elky to confirm plans with alan
* kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec
to work out similarities and differences etc
Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* anzeljg
* kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec
to work out similarities and differences etc
* dajan
* kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec
to work out similarities and differences etc
* elky
* elky to confirm plans with alan
* **UNASSIGNED**
* hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature
freeze
People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* elky (133)
* anzeljg (50)
* iarenaza (34)
* hughdavenport (29)
* dajan (29)
* kevinmoilar (29)
* rkabalin (19)
* dobedobedoh (11)
* maharameet (4)
* lukecarrier (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Markdown is supported
0%
or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment