Commit 92cd5368 authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 31st July 2012

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew.nicols@luns.net.uk>
parent 9cda493d
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev Meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev Meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by elky at 07:37:31 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">elky is melissa draper, catalyst it, nz</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-6'>elky</a>,
07:38:24)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT,
NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-7'>hughdavenport</a>,
07:38:39)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, Gimnazija Bezigrad,
Slovenia</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-8'>anzeljg</a>,
07:38:45)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">kevinmoilar is Kevin Mueller, Liip AG,
Switzerland</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-10'>kevinmoilar</a>,
07:39:37)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-07-31">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-07-31</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-11'>elky</a>,
07:39:51)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">items from past meetings</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-12'>elky</a>, 07:40:17)</span>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-14'>elky</a>, 07:40:25)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza (Mondragon
Unibertsitatea)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-22'>iarenaza</a>,
07:42:08)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html">http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html</a>
has it <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-29'>hughdavenport</a>,
07:43:42)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information (possibly code too) &lt;= wiki page done, code not yet.</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-30'>elky</a>, 07:43:52)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-32'>elky</a>,
07:44:03)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-36'>anzeljg</a>,
07:44:22)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://github.com/anzeljg/mahara-cloud">https://github.com/anzeljg/mahara-cloud</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-38'>anzeljg</a>,
07:45:12)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Currently Cloud plugin has support/integration
for Box, Dropbox, SugarSync and Zotero</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-42'>elky</a>,
07:46:03)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">alanmc to post to dev forum post about the mobile api</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-50'>elky</a>, 07:48:28)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4747#post20953">https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4747#post20953</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-51'>elky</a>,
07:48:35)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">hugh to work
with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-61'>elky</a>,
07:52:20)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">elky look into removing google apps block from the core</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-62'>elky</a>, 07:52:51)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">elky's not had a chance</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-63'>elky</a>,
07:53:03)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">should be noted that much of it would be
replaced by anzeljg's cloudy stuff which is yay</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-64'>elky</a>,
07:53:44)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than php</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-67'>elky</a>, 07:54:15)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">kevinmoilar concerned about non-committal
regarding messaging/commenting support in api</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-79'>elky</a>,
07:57:42)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">elky to
confirm plans with alan</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-81'>elky</a>,
07:58:14)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">hughdavenport suggests alan give "a general
overview on how they may be extended in the commit message (and/or
wiki)"</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-85'>elky</a>,
08:00:23)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">kevinmoilar asks about iOS support. answer;
currently we don't know of an iOS developer, but if one magically
appeared we'd not turn them away</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-94'>elky</a>,
08:02:57)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-113'>elky</a>, 08:05:52)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html">http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html</a>
has it <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-115'>hughdavenport</a>,
08:06:28)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-121'>rkabalin</a>,
08:07:34)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - Lancaster
University, UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-124'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:07:49)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">dajan says: i will write in the tracker a few
revommendations about extresource plugin to find a way to fusion
Laurent Emprecht's plugin eith the actual external resources plugins
we have nowadays in Mahara</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-131'>elky</a>,
08:08:29)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">dajan: we should find a way of having just one
block to embed all the different external sources that works in
collaboration with the code for iframes</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-139'>elky</a>,
08:13:44)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">elky: maintainability needs to be considered
carefully too</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-140'>elky</a>,
08:13:59)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">kristina,
dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work
out similarities and differences etc</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-167'>elky</a>,
08:20:53)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Continued: Discuss safeiframe xss vulnerabilities</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-181'>elky</a>, 08:24:23)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">still no resolution about the best way forward.
will need to play it by ear</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-209'>elky</a>,
08:34:00)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next meeting and Chair</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-238'>elky</a>, 08:41:34)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012 utc
8pm, iarenaza will chair</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-295'>elky</a>,
08:53:17)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&amp;iso=20120829T20">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&amp;iso=20120829T20</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-305'>elky</a>,
08:55:59)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Other business:</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-307'>elky</a>, 08:56:17)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">Mahara 1.4.3 and 1.5.2 went out a few hours
ago, yay!</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-308'>elky</a>,
08:56:35)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">security releases, fix for that mysql can't
cope with lots of things problem</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-311'>elky</a>,
08:57:04)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">iaranza has a svg patch for the manual, will
talk to elky in email about it</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-328'>elky</a>,
09:01:30)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">&lt;dajan&gt; Could we at some point (next
meeting) speak about webservices I see a huge potentialvfor moodle
and other services integration with Mahara but i think there is a
lack of info and example on this</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html#l-330'>elky</a>,
09:01:47)</span></li>
</ol>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 09:03:07 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze</li>
<li>elky to confirm plans with alan</li>
<li>kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items, by person</h3>
<ol>
<li> anzeljg <ol>
<li>kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc</li>
</ol></li>
<li> dajan <ol>
<li>kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc</li>
</ol></li>
<li> elky <ol>
<li>elky to confirm plans with alan</li>
</ol></li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>elky (133)</li>
<li>anzeljg (50)</li>
<li>iarenaza (34)</li>
<li>hughdavenport (29)</li>
<li>dajan (29)</li>
<li>kevinmoilar (29)</li>
<li>rkabalin (19)</li>
<li>dobedobedoh (11)</li>
<li>maharameet (4)</li>
<li>lukecarrier (1)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by elky at 07:37:31 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* elky is melissa draper, catalyst it, nz (elky, 07:38:24)
* hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, NZ (hughdavenport,
07:38:39)
* anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, Gimnazija Bezigrad, Slovenia (anzeljg,
07:38:45)
* kevinmoilar is Kevin Mueller, Liip AG, Switzerland (kevinmoilar,
07:39:37)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-07-31
(elky, 07:39:51)
* items from past meetings (elky, 07:40:17)
* dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker (elky, 07:40:25)
* iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza (Mondragon Unibertsitatea) (iarenaza,
07:42:08)
* LINK:
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html
has it (hughdavenport, 07:43:42)
* anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information
(possibly code too) <= wiki page done, code not yet. (elky, 07:43:52)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services
(elky, 07:44:03)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services
(anzeljg, 07:44:22)
* LINK: https://github.com/anzeljg/mahara-cloud (anzeljg, 07:45:12)
* Currently Cloud plugin has support/integration for Box, Dropbox,
SugarSync and Zotero (elky, 07:46:03)
* alanmc to post to dev forum post about the mobile api (elky,
07:48:28)
* LINK:
https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4747#post20953
(elky, 07:48:35)
* ACTION: hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before
feature freeze (elky, 07:52:20)
* elky look into removing google apps block from the core (elky,
07:52:51)
* elky's not had a chance (elky, 07:53:03)
* should be noted that much of it would be replaced by anzeljg's
cloudy stuff which is yay (elky, 07:53:44)
* elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than
php (elky, 07:54:15)
* kevinmoilar concerned about non-committal regarding
messaging/commenting support in api (elky, 07:57:42)
* ACTION: elky to confirm plans with alan (elky, 07:58:14)
* hughdavenport suggests alan give "a general overview on how they may
be extended in the commit message (and/or wiki)" (elky, 08:00:23)
* kevinmoilar asks about iOS support. answer; currently we don't know
of an iOS developer, but if one magically appeared we'd not turn
them away (elky, 08:02:57)
* dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker (elky, 08:05:52)
* LINK:
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html
has it (hughdavenport, 08:06:28)
* Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin, 08:07:34)
* dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University, UK
(dobedobedoh, 08:07:49)
* dajan says: i will write in the tracker a few revommendations about
extresource plugin to find a way to fusion Laurent Emprecht's plugin
eith the actual external resources plugins we have nowadays in
Mahara (elky, 08:08:29)
* dajan: we should find a way of having just one block to embed all
the different external sources that works in collaboration with the
code for iframes (elky, 08:13:44)
* elky: maintainability needs to be considered carefully too (elky,
08:13:59)
* ACTION: kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend
anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc (elky,
08:20:53)
* Continued: Discuss safeiframe xss vulnerabilities (elky, 08:24:23)
* still no resolution about the best way forward. will need to play it
by ear (elky, 08:34:00)
* Next meeting and Chair (elky, 08:41:34)
* next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012 utc 8pm, iarenaza will
chair (elky, 08:53:17)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T20
(elky, 08:55:59)
* Other business: (elky, 08:56:17)
* Mahara 1.4.3 and 1.5.2 went out a few hours ago, yay! (elky,
08:56:35)
* security releases, fix for that mysql can't cope with lots of things
problem (elky, 08:57:04)
* iaranza has a svg patch for the manual, will talk to elky in email
about it (elky, 09:01:30)
* <dajan> Could we at some point (next meeting) speak about
webservices I see a huge potentialvfor moodle and other services
integration with Mahara but i think there is a lack of info and
example on this (elky, 09:01:47)
Meeting ended at 09:03:07 UTC.
Action Items
------------
* hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze
* elky to confirm plans with alan
* kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec
to work out similarities and differences etc
Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* anzeljg
* kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec
to work out similarities and differences etc
* dajan
* kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec
to work out similarities and differences etc
* elky
* elky to confirm plans with alan
* **UNASSIGNED**
* hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature
freeze
People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* elky (133)
* anzeljg (50)
* iarenaza (34)
* hughdavenport (29)
* dajan (29)
* kevinmoilar (29)
* rkabalin (19)
* dobedobedoh (11)
* maharameet (4)
* lukecarrier (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Markdown is supported
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment