diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..5dd5a1b52108d692376b37bef54c0bf953dd9d6c --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.html @@ -0,0 +1,310 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev Meeting + + + + +

#mahara-dev Meeting

+ +Meeting started by elky at 07:37:31 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Meeting summary

+
    +
  1. +
      +
    1. elky is melissa draper, catalyst it, nz + (elky, + 07:38:24)
    2. +
    3. hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, + NZ (hughdavenport, + 07:38:39)
    4. +
    5. anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, Gimnazija Bezigrad, + Slovenia (anzeljg, + 07:38:45)
    6. +
    7. kevinmoilar is Kevin Mueller, Liip AG, + Switzerland (kevinmoilar, + 07:39:37)
    8. +
    9. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-07-31 + (elky, + 07:39:51)
    10. +
    +
  2. +
  3. items from past meetings (elky, 07:40:17) +
  4. +
  5. dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker (elky, 07:40:25) +
      +
    1. iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza (Mondragon + Unibertsitatea) (iarenaza, + 07:42:08)
    2. +
    3. http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html + has it (hughdavenport, + 07:43:42)
    4. +
    +
  6. +
  7. anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information (possibly code too) <= wiki page done, code not yet. (elky, 07:43:52) +
      +
    1. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services + (elky, + 07:44:03)
    2. +
    3. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services + (anzeljg, + 07:44:22)
    4. +
    5. https://github.com/anzeljg/mahara-cloud + (anzeljg, + 07:45:12)
    6. +
    7. Currently Cloud plugin has support/integration + for Box, Dropbox, SugarSync and Zotero (elky, + 07:46:03)
    8. +
    +
  8. +
  9. alanmc to post to dev forum post about the mobile api (elky, 07:48:28) +
      +
    1. https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4747#post20953 + (elky, + 07:48:35)
    2. +
    3. ACTION: hugh to work + with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze + (elky, + 07:52:20)
    4. +
    +
  10. +
  11. elky look into removing google apps block from the core (elky, 07:52:51) +
      +
    1. elky's not had a chance (elky, + 07:53:03)
    2. +
    3. should be noted that much of it would be + replaced by anzeljg's cloudy stuff which is yay (elky, + 07:53:44)
    4. +
    +
  12. +
  13. elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than php (elky, 07:54:15) +
      +
    1. kevinmoilar concerned about non-committal + regarding messaging/commenting support in api (elky, + 07:57:42)
    2. +
    3. ACTION: elky to + confirm plans with alan (elky, + 07:58:14)
    4. +
    5. hughdavenport suggests alan give "a general + overview on how they may be extended in the commit message (and/or + wiki)" (elky, + 08:00:23)
    6. +
    7. kevinmoilar asks about iOS support. answer; + currently we don't know of an iOS developer, but if one magically + appeared we'd not turn them away (elky, + 08:02:57)
    8. +
    +
  14. +
  15. dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker (elky, 08:05:52) +
      +
    1. http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html + has it (hughdavenport, + 08:06:28)
    2. +
    3. Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, + UK (rkabalin, + 08:07:34)
    4. +
    5. dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - Lancaster + University, UK (dobedobedoh, + 08:07:49)
    6. +
    7. dajan says: i will write in the tracker a few + revommendations about extresource plugin to find a way to fusion + Laurent Emprecht's plugin eith the actual external resources plugins + we have nowadays in Mahara (elky, + 08:08:29)
    8. +
    9. dajan: we should find a way of having just one + block to embed all the different external sources that works in + collaboration with the code for iframes (elky, + 08:13:44)
    10. +
    11. elky: maintainability needs to be considered + carefully too (elky, + 08:13:59)
    12. +
    13. ACTION: kristina, + dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work + out similarities and differences etc (elky, + 08:20:53)
    14. +
    +
  16. +
  17. Continued: Discuss safeiframe xss vulnerabilities (elky, 08:24:23) +
      +
    1. still no resolution about the best way forward. + will need to play it by ear (elky, + 08:34:00)
    2. +
    +
  18. +
  19. Next meeting and Chair (elky, 08:41:34) +
      +
    1. next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012 utc + 8pm, iarenaza will chair (elky, + 08:53:17)
    2. +
    3. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T20 + (elky, + 08:55:59)
    4. +
    +
  20. +
  21. Other business: (elky, 08:56:17) +
      +
    1. Mahara 1.4.3 and 1.5.2 went out a few hours + ago, yay! (elky, + 08:56:35)
    2. +
    3. security releases, fix for that mysql can't + cope with lots of things problem (elky, + 08:57:04)
    4. +
    5. iaranza has a svg patch for the manual, will + talk to elky in email about it (elky, + 09:01:30)
    6. +
    7. <dajan> Could we at some point (next + meeting) speak about webservices I see a huge potentialvfor moodle + and other services integration with Mahara but i think there is a + lack of info and example on this (elky, + 09:01:47)
    8. +
    +
  22. +
+

+ + + + +Meeting ended at 09:03:07 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Action items

+
    +
  1. hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze
  2. +
  3. elky to confirm plans with alan
  4. +
  5. kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc
  6. +
+

+ + + +

Action items, by person

+
    +
  1. anzeljg
      +
    1. kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc
    2. +
  2. +
  3. dajan
      +
    1. kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc
    2. +
  4. +
  5. elky
      +
    1. elky to confirm plans with alan
    2. +
  6. +
+

+ + + +

People present (lines said)

+
    +
  1. elky (133)
  2. +
  3. anzeljg (50)
  4. +
  5. iarenaza (34)
  6. +
  7. hughdavenport (29)
  8. +
  9. dajan (29)
  10. +
  11. kevinmoilar (29)
  12. +
  13. rkabalin (19)
  14. +
  15. dobedobedoh (11)
  16. +
  17. maharameet (4)
  18. +
  19. lukecarrier (1)
  20. +
+

+ + + +Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4. + diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..627f1852d05f1aa7555dc2a49469c77ec20dd0f8 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html @@ -0,0 +1,366 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev log + + + + +
07:37:31 <elky> #startmeeting
+07:37:31 <maharameet> Meeting started Tue Jul 31 07:37:31 2012 UTC.  The chair is elky. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
+07:37:31 <maharameet> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
+07:37:39 <hughdavenport> anzeljg: afaik, anitsirk was updating the existing ones, and any new commit was to have new format
+07:38:10 <anzeljg> thanks hugh, we'll discuss that later ;)
+07:38:24 <elky> #info elky is melissa draper, catalyst it, nz
+07:38:39 <hughdavenport> #info hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, NZ
+07:38:45 <anzeljg> #info anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, Gimnazija Bezigrad, Slovenia
+07:39:14 <elky> kevinmoilar, we do this so we're introduced in the minutes. care to introduce yourself? :)
+07:39:37 <kevinmoilar> #info kevinmoilar is Kevin Mueller, Liip AG, Switzerland
+07:39:51 <elky> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-07-31
+07:40:17 <elky> #topic items from past meetings
+07:40:21 <hughdavenport> waa lukecarrier jimcrib richardm adi_b lamiette dobedobedoh Mjollnir` sonn, any others ?
+07:40:25 <elky> #topic dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker
+07:40:35 <elky> anyone know if this was done?
+07:40:43 <anzeljg> no idea
+07:41:10 <hughdavenport> elky: which issues? do you remember?
+07:41:26 <elky> nope. i got home minutes before the meeting
+07:41:40 <anzeljg> iarenaza hi
+07:41:41 <hughdavenport> hi iarenaza
+07:41:47 <elky> iarenaza, hello! we've started the meeting if you want to #info introduce yourself
+07:42:08 <iarenaza> #info iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza (Mondragon Unibertsitatea)
+07:42:15 <elky> :)
+07:42:16 <iarenaza> Hi everybody
+07:42:21 <kevinmoilar> hi
+07:42:47 <elky> iarenaza, so far we're on "dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker" in the agenda, but we'll move on since nobody knows the status and he's not here
+07:42:48 * iarenaza I'll be on and off, as I'm doing some work stuff
+07:43:16 * iarenaza having a look at the agenda
+07:43:42 <hughdavenport> http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html has it
+07:43:52 <elky> #topic anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information (possibly code too) <= wiki page done, code not yet.
+07:44:02 <anzeljg> yeah
+07:44:03 <elky> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services
+07:44:13 <elky> nice looking spec, anzeljg
+07:44:18 <anzeljg> It shpuld be done a month or so ago, but here it is...
+07:44:21 <hughdavenport> don't believe dajan's thing has been done
+07:44:22 <anzeljg> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services
+07:45:02 <anzeljg> i also uploaded a code to github... for testing (feedback welcome) and that has not been oficially released yet...
+07:45:12 <anzeljg> #link https://github.com/anzeljg/mahara-cloud
+07:45:42 <anzeljg> Currently Cloud plugin has support/integration for Box, Dropbox, SugarSync and Zotero
+07:45:43 <anzeljg> ..
+07:45:47 <elky> nice, we'll have a look at that between now and next meeting then
+07:46:03 <elky> #info Currently Cloud plugin has support/integration for Box, Dropbox, SugarSync and Zotero
+07:46:45 <elky> any other discussion needed at this point in time?
+07:46:53 <anzeljg> nope
+07:47:18 <elky> moving on then
+07:47:21 <iarenaza> looks really nice anzeljg
+07:47:34 <anzeljg> iarenaza: the spec or the code ;)
+07:47:59 <iarenaza> the spec (haven't had a look at the code yet)
+07:48:08 <anzeljg> i know, just teasing you...
+07:48:28 <elky> #topic alanmc to post to dev forum post about the mobile api
+07:48:35 <elky> #link https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4747#post20953
+07:48:45 <elky> alan's not online but he did post that earlier today
+07:50:11 <elky> hughdavenport, you've been working with him on that, yes?
+07:50:44 <elky> i know richardm was doing lots before he left
+07:50:44 <hughdavenport> nope, haven't done anything on his stuff
+07:50:50 <elky> ah ok
+07:50:56 <hughdavenport> though he was going to ask me if he needed help
+07:51:03 <hughdavenport> only done gerrit stuff with him
+07:51:16 <elky> one of us needs to review it before next monday
+07:51:36 <hughdavenport> yup, will be on my list
+07:52:20 <elky> #action hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze
+07:52:51 <elky> #topic elky look into removing google apps block from the core
+07:53:03 <elky> #info elky's not had a chance
+07:53:44 <elky> #info should be noted that much of it would be replaced by anzeljg's cloudy stuff which is yay
+07:53:53 <kevinmoilar> :)
+07:54:05 <anzeljg> ;)
+07:54:15 <elky> #topic elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than php
+07:54:28 <elky> I haven't, still. hughdavenport?
+07:54:34 <hughdavenport> been on leave
+07:55:16 <elky> i didn't notice ;)
+07:55:45 * kevinmoilar wonders how to interpret the 'may be' in The API may be extended to support messaging and commenting on blogposts in due course
+07:55:54 <kevinmoilar> on https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/1439/
+07:56:13 <kevinmoilar> will be a real boost i reckon, the messaging
+07:56:19 <elky> kevinmoilar, pending time availability I'd guess
+07:56:21 <kevinmoilar> and commenting
+07:56:26 <hughdavenport> hmm, would have to ask about that with alan
+07:56:38 <hughdavenport> elky: can you ask him tomo?
+07:57:01 <elky> hughdavenport, yep, but i suspect he'll echo my answer
+07:57:42 <elky> #info kevinmoilar concerned about non-committal regarding messaging/commenting support in api
+07:58:01 <kevinmoilar> i hope i can motivate adi_b and the others to do a hackday once this crazy moodle migration summer is dealt with
+07:58:14 <elky> #action elky to confirm plans with alan
+07:58:52 <hughdavenport> elky: even if he just gives a general overview on how they may be extended in the commit message (and/or wiki)
+07:59:05 <hughdavenport> would make it better if he suddenly dropped out
+07:59:17 <kevinmoilar> huh
+08:00:23 <elky> #info hughdavenport suggests alan give "a general overview on how they may be extended in the commit message (and/or wiki)"
+08:00:55 <elky> anything else on this particular topic?
+08:01:24 <kevinmoilar> any plans on iOS for this?
+08:01:44 <elky> I don't think we have any iOS developers at catalyst
+08:01:57 <kevinmoilar> neither do we
+08:02:09 <elky> so it'd depend on a wild iOS developer appearing
+08:02:11 <kevinmoilar> bar the phonegap etc
+08:02:16 <anzeljg> communitiy developer?
+08:02:17 <kevinmoilar> wild yeh
+08:02:57 <elky> #info kevinmoilar asks about iOS support. answer; currently we don't know of an iOS developer, but if one magically appeared we'd not turn them away
+08:02:59 <hughdavenport> I don't think it will happen at catalyst, as there is a cost to developing iOS app's (as well as dev cost)
+08:03:09 <hughdavenport> apple charge you for using the SDK
+08:03:15 <hughdavenport> because they are awesome
+08:03:22 <kevinmoilar> we might be able to 'find' some funding from client who showed interest - but that its wild too a the mom
+08:03:28 <elky> hughdavenport, as well as the poor thing being slightly out of place here ;)
+08:04:11 <kevinmoilar> but yeah, not enough interest from our end to push this i guess
+08:04:18 <elky> kevinmoilar, i suspect we could find finding, but unless it's big bucks, we'd want a pretty efficient dev to get it done
+08:04:32 <elky> dajan!
+08:04:33 <hughdavenport> hi dajan
+08:04:39 <anzeljg> hi dajan!
+08:04:41 <kevinmoilar> hi dajan
+08:04:45 <dajan> hello
+08:04:46 <elky> we are in the meeting, please introduce yourself :)
+08:04:48 <hughdavenport> long time :P
+08:05:03 <dajan> i am chatting with an ipad  so not easy
+08:05:18 <elky> kevinmoilar, ok to leave the api discussion until we know more from alan?
+08:05:28 <kevinmoilar> ok
+08:05:32 <elky> we should go back to dajan's recurring agenda item
+08:05:52 <elky> #topic dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker
+08:06:07 <elky> I um, hope you remember what this is about :D
+08:06:28 <hughdavenport> http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html has it
+08:07:09 <hughdavenport> hi rkabalin
+08:07:15 <rkabalin> Hello
+08:07:18 <kevinmoilar> hey rkabalin
+08:07:21 <anzeljg> hi rkabalin
+08:07:21 <elky> rkabalin, hello, please introduce yourself to the meeting
+08:07:34 <rkabalin> #info Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK
+08:07:44 <elky> and so you know where we're at: http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html has it
+08:07:47 <dajan> ok  i will write in the tracker a few revommendations about extresource plugin to find a way to fusion Laurent Emprecht's plugin eith the actual external resources plugins we have nowadays in Mahara
+08:07:49 <dobedobedoh> #info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University, UK
+08:07:56 <dajan> i do this next week
+08:08:03 <elky> dajan, thank you
+08:08:08 <hughdavenport> hi dobedobedoh
+08:08:19 <kevinmoilar> hello dobedobedoh
+08:08:26 <iarenaza> hi dajan and dobedobedoh
+08:08:27 <anzeljg> hi dobedobedoh
+08:08:29 <elky> #info dajan says: i will write in the tracker a few revommendations about extresource plugin to find a way to fusion Laurent Emprecht's plugin eith the actual external resources plugins we have nowadays in Mahara
+08:09:11 <elky> how about we give the lancaster guys a few moments to get up to speed
+08:09:25 <dajan> when i write eith on my ipad  keyboard i meant "with". sorry about that
+08:09:27 <anzeljg> ;)
+08:09:47 <elky> dajan, that's ok, my typing today is terrible even on real keyboards
+08:12:11 <dajan> in short i thing we should find a way of having just one block to embed all the different external sources that works in collaboration with the code for iframe and the new interface for iframe existing in 1.6
+08:12:49 <elky> dajan, we have to weigh up the maintainability of something like that though
+08:12:50 <dajan> i hate this keyboard
+08:13:44 <elky> #info dajan: we should find a way of having just one block to embed all the different external sources that works in collaboration with the code for iframes
+08:13:59 <elky> #info elky: maintainability needs to be considered carefully too
+08:14:12 <elky> rkabalin, dobedobedoh, up to speed?
+08:14:56 <rkabalin> yep
+08:14:58 <dobedobedoh> elky: Yes thanks
+08:15:12 <dajan> yes i agree with you elky  But it may simplify the life of users and may also be more easy after to maintain for developers tho. if we find a way of doing it well it could be one stone two birds
+08:15:24 <rkabalin> we talked about some universal embedding plugin on last meeting
+08:15:40 <rkabalin> what dajan is talking about is the same?
+08:15:55 <elky> rkabalin, im not sure if he's talking about anzeljg's thing or not
+08:16:03 <anzeljg> no
+08:16:07 <anzeljg> he's not
+08:16:12 <dajan> yes with the addition of oembed
+08:16:25 <rkabalin> I see
+08:16:28 <kevinmoilar> rkabalin: dajan presented it at maharauk
+08:16:37 <elky> heh. perhaps you two need to talk this out
+08:16:47 <dajan> i did that to remember this
+08:17:10 <rkabalin> ok
+08:17:44 <rkabalin> ah, Laurent's plugin, yes, now I remember
+08:17:47 <dajan> i write something in the wiki and we will see how you take it or not  see this next meeting
+08:17:56 <elky> dajan, anzeljg could perhaps you two have a discussion some time in the next few weeks, in email or whatever, and work out where the similarities are and what the differences are?
+08:18:18 <anzeljg> we did that already, i think
+08:18:23 <dajan> with a coktail in Zurich maybe
+08:18:26 <anzeljg> also discussed this with anitsirk
+08:18:30 <anzeljg> ;)
+08:18:47 <anzeljg> anitsirk suggested we keep embed.ly for the people on shared hosting...
+08:19:16 <dajan> i see anitsirk next week in Fribourg (Switzerland) will have a chat with her about it
+08:20:03 <anzeljg> nice...
+08:20:43 <kevinmoilar> dajan: would be nice to see you too
+08:20:53 <elky> #action kristina, dajan and anzeljg  to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc
+08:21:01 <elky> is that ok with you two?
+08:21:12 <anzeljg> fine with me
+08:21:30 <elky> cool. the less confusion and double-work the better :)
+08:21:33 <anzeljg> but i didn't write any specs on that...
+08:22:23 <elky> anzeljg, i see similarities in what you two are trying to do. i want to be able to understand what the simliarities are so we don't end up having to decide between two pieces of code later
+08:22:41 <dajan> kevinmoilar I am always happy to meet nice people  and i am a good traveler
+08:22:58 <anzeljg> dajan: please let me know about your talk with kristina next week
+08:23:12 <kevinmoilar> dajan: i mean in fribourg next week - anitsikirk is visiting us at liip
+08:23:19 <dajan> i should be in Australia and may NZ in October
+08:23:46 <dajan> i meet you at Liip by the way
+08:24:05 <kevinmoilar> ? :)
+08:24:09 <elky> ok, should we move on?
+08:24:16 <dajan> yes
+08:24:23 <elky> #topic Continued: Discuss safeiframe xss vulnerabilities
+08:25:05 <elky> we were going to continue the discussion of this
+08:25:20 <elky> i'm still not sure what we should do about it
+08:26:55 <elky> anyone else's thoughts?
+08:28:07 <elky> hughdavenport?
+08:28:19 <hughdavenport> remind me?
+08:28:20 * iarenaza re-reading discussion from last time
+08:28:38 <elky> hughdavenport, the safeiframes stuff will let people define their own regexes and stuff for iframes
+08:28:52 <elky> which could let anything in if they mess it up
+08:29:10 <hughdavenport> I thought we came to the conclusion that it requires admins to enter them so wasn't really a flaw
+08:29:29 <anzeljg> by people do you mean admins or also regular users?
+08:29:35 <elky> admins
+08:29:47 <anzeljg> i don't see a problem then?!?
+08:30:01 <anzeljg> or is there one?
+08:30:25 <iarenaza> the problem was that the site admin and the system admin might not be the same person
+08:30:42 <anzeljg> oh...
+08:30:45 <elky> anzeljg, it does mean everyone who reviews mahara for the security bounty is going to come to us telling us they can exploit it, and we get to tell them it's Not A Bug
+08:31:01 <anzeljg> i see
+08:31:17 <elky> it _is_ a vulnerability. We have to work out the best way to manage it
+08:31:46 <iarenaza> so basically we want to let people whitelist sites, but in a way that doesn't open the site for XSS attacks. Which is rather difficult to do.
+08:31:53 <anzeljg> is it possible to have some kind of repository for these iframe regex codes
+08:32:06 <anzeljg> and these codes are review by someone?
+08:32:17 <anzeljg> sort of plugins...
+08:32:17 <elky> anzeljg, likely. whether we have the capacity to manage that is another thing altogether
+08:32:18 <anzeljg> ..
+08:32:30 <anzeljg> I am aware of that...
+08:32:40 <anzeljg> :(
+08:33:24 <elky> we'll just have to see how it goes, i guess. :-/
+08:34:00 <elky> #info still no resolution about the best way forward. will need to play it by ear
+08:34:29 <iarenaza> if you let admins add sites without additional checks, then you can't make it secure
+08:34:33 <elky> anything else anyone wants to say or should we move on to picking next week's vict.. uh, chair?
+08:35:05 <anzeljg> next week's???
+08:35:10 <elky> month's
+08:35:12 <elky> sorry
+08:35:15 <kevinmoilar> my question too :)
+08:35:16 <dajan> could we have a config variable in the config.php that gives will let decide if we show the interface in the admin screen or not  so we can decidecwhen/if thecselfiframe inteface is accessible
+08:35:17 <anzeljg> ;)
+08:35:41 <iarenaza> dajan: richardm suggested that at last meeting.
+08:35:46 <elky> dajan, yeah, i think that's the best we've come up with so far
+08:35:48 <hughdavenport> i like dajan's suggestion
+08:35:55 <anzeljg> +1
+08:36:07 <rkabalin> +1
+08:36:16 <elky> the suggestion was to have it on a timer
+08:36:24 <elky> so it'd unset itself after a certain amount of time
+08:36:43 <anzeljg> can it be bound to a session?
+08:37:11 <iarenaza> It's a nice idea, but don't forget that the underlying problem still remains
+08:37:34 <elky> sure, but it's still not something that should be on all the time
+08:37:53 <dajan> no  if the sys admin thinks it is a good thing to have this interface it set the config var accordingly if he stopscto think that he does the opposite
+08:38:40 <dobedobedoh> dajan, elky: What about those situatinos where the sysadmin is <faceless hosting company> though?
+08:39:01 <dobedobedoh> Or if the sysadmin is just a person who has put mahara on shared hosting
+08:39:04 <dajan> in my institution i am the only sys admin and admin so i would prefere to set it up to always until i maybe have another admin on the plateforme
+08:39:17 <iarenaza> dobedobedoh: if you have access to config.php, then you are good to go.
+08:39:24 <elky> dobedobedoh, if you don't have ftp access, you're already facing those problems
+08:39:36 <dobedobedoh> hmm ok
+08:40:12 <iarenaza> anyway, the real problem is having malicious sites added to your trusted external content sites, not how you put that site in the list.
+08:40:22 <elky> dajan, the purpose of this discussion is to make sure when it goes out, we've done everything we plausibly can to make the issue less of one :)
+08:41:10 <elky> anyway, lets move on, i need dinner before midnight ;)
+08:41:34 <elky> #topic Next meeting and Chair
+08:43:09 <elky> August 28th (tues) or 29th (weds)?
+08:43:19 <iarenaza> either one is ok for me
+08:43:27 <anzeljg> either one
+08:43:51 <hughdavenport> eithers fine
+08:44:12 <dajan> Could we at some point (next meeting) speak about webservices I see a huge potentialvfor moodle and other services integration with Mahara but i think there is a lack of info and example on this
+08:44:22 <rkabalin> I will be away whole august, but might be able to join actually
+08:44:38 <anzeljg> dajan: webservices?
+08:44:40 <dajan> either date for me
+08:45:40 <elky> dobedobedoh?
+08:45:57 <kevinmoilar> wednesday rather
+08:46:01 <dobedobedoh> I think either are fine for me
+08:46:15 <dajan> anzeljg, https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Auth/WebServices/WebServicesConfiguration
+08:46:15 <elky> and who wants to chair? :)
+08:46:30 <elky> dajan, hold a second and we'll record this in the other business bit :)
+08:47:10 <iarenaza> elky: I could do it
+08:47:27 <elky> #info next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012, iarenaza will chair
+08:47:29 <elky> :D
+08:47:35 <elky> everyone happy with that?
+08:47:41 <kevinmoilar> thanks
+08:47:43 <rkabalin> yep
+08:47:43 <iarenaza> elky: what time?
+08:47:44 <dajan> +1
+08:47:44 <anzeljg> yep
+08:48:06 <rkabalin> whole day meeting ))
+08:48:06 <elky> uh... im taking it people would prefer half an hour later than today?
+08:48:19 <iarenaza> elky: should be morning in NZ, noon in EU?
+08:48:23 <lukecarrier> elky, that'd be brilliant for me!
+08:49:03 <elky> oh, i'm really not with it today
+08:49:44 <elky> i keep thinking it's the same time of day next time, even though i know it's not
+08:49:53 <kevinmoilar> so 8 UTC?
+08:50:14 <rkabalin> yes
+08:50:18 <rkabalin> as usual
+08:50:23 <iarenaza> ok
+08:50:42 <elky> we should possibly discuss the times if people are wanting to show up but both times are not useful
+08:51:00 <elky> #undo
+08:51:00 <maharameet> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0x11aa690>
+08:51:15 <elky> #info next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012 utc 0800, iarenaza will chair
+08:51:27 <dobedobedoh> Time is fine... remembering is another matter
+08:51:41 <dobedobedoh> I normally put it into my calendar, but completely forgot this time around
+08:51:42 <elky> dobedobedoh, it'd help if the chair remembered to remind you a full day before
+08:51:54 <iarenaza> Is this the right time? http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T10&p1=327
+08:51:55 <elky> but the chair had a rough monday and forgot :(
+08:52:08 <dobedobedoh> It'd help if sent an iCal-style invite around somehow ;)
+08:52:25 <dobedobedoh> meeting-invite stylee
+08:52:28 <rkabalin> elky, it should be 20:00, is not it?
+08:52:28 <rkabalin> or we will make another morning one in a row
+08:52:31 <elky> dobedobedoh, we could probably do something with google calendar, but it is a bit crappy for timezones
+08:52:39 <dobedobedoh> is it? Darn
+08:52:44 <elky> rkabalin, ... gah yes
+08:52:53 <anzeljg> will have to leave...
+08:52:54 <elky> dobedobedoh, it's fine if you're eu or us :D
+08:52:59 <elky> #undo
+08:52:59 <maharameet> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0x1222f90>
+08:53:05 <iarenaza> bye anzeljg
+08:53:08 <anzeljg> bye
+08:53:12 <kevinmoilar> bye anzeljg
+08:53:17 <elky> #info next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012 utc 8pm, iarenaza will chair
+08:53:18 <rkabalin> bye anzeljg
+08:53:35 <elky> anzeljg, bye, thanks for coming :)
+08:53:54 <iarenaza> ok, so 8pm utc (not 8am). I'll fix the link
+08:54:04 <elky> note to self: wine is not good for dinner during meetings
+08:54:11 <elky> iarenaza, yes sorry
+08:55:24 <kevinmoilar> sorry about all the fishing - will adjust the timer there. now off to other things, thanks for the meeting!
+08:55:26 <iarenaza> Ok, that'd be the right one http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T20
+08:55:41 <elky> kevinmoilar, thanks for coming :)
+08:55:44 <iarenaza> bye kevinmoilar
+08:55:59 <elky> #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T20
+08:56:06 <elky> Ok... a quick any othe rbusiness
+08:56:17 <elky> #topic Other business:
+08:56:35 <elky> #info Mahara 1.4.3 and 1.5.2 went out a few hours ago, yay!
+08:56:46 <iarenaza> got one (mainly to discusss with you elky :)
+08:56:50 <rkabalin> yay indeed
+08:57:04 <elky> #info security releases, fix for that mysql can't cope with lots of things problem
+08:57:34 <elky> iarenaza, yep?
+08:58:07 <iarenaza> I've got a patch for the mahara manual, to deal with internationalized images
+08:58:19 <iarenaza> the makefiles and so on.
+08:58:37 <dajan> in thecother business i can't copy paste my previous message regarding webservices but i would like with discuss this  at some point if you agree
+08:58:40 <iarenaza> how can we move this forward?
+08:58:49 <hughdavenport> i have to run sorry, will catch up with AOB tomo
+08:58:54 <elky> iarenaza, yes, i saw that. i haven't had time to look at it yet i'm afraid
+08:58:58 <elky> hughdavenport, ciao
+08:59:07 <iarenaza> elky: I have a newer (and bigger) one
+08:59:09 <elky> dajan, i'll do that for you in a sec
+08:59:20 <dajan> t,x
+08:59:26 <dajan> tks
+08:59:46 <elky> iarenaza, i did have one quick glance at it, and my main concern is that it requires us to have all of inkscape on the server
+09:00:00 <elky> and i'm not sure that our sysadmins are going to let that
+09:00:54 <elky> iarenaza, hopefully kristina will let me look at it over the next few weeks, and i'll discuss with you by email, ok?
+09:01:03 <iarenaza> ok
+09:01:30 <elky> #info iaranza has a svg patch for the manual, will talk to elky in email about it
+09:01:41 <dajan> i have to leave you  keep in touch soon by email forums etc  Cheers to all
+09:01:47 <elky> #info <dajan> Could we at some point (next meeting) speak about webservices I see a huge potentialvfor moodle and other services integration with Mahara but i think there is a lack of info and example on this
+09:02:01 <elky> dajan, ok, your thing is pasted now, goodbye
+09:02:07 <dajan> bye
+09:02:10 <iarenaza> bye dajan
+09:02:17 <elky> I think i'll close the meeting now, everyone else is gone i think :D
+09:02:22 <iarenaza> XD
+09:02:38 <iarenaza> elky thanks for chairing!
+09:02:40 <elky> iarenaza, i'm melissa@catalyst etc ok, drop me a mail and cc kristina :)
+09:02:42 <rkabalin> thanks elky for chairing
+09:03:07 <elky> #endmeeting
+ diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..eb43d03e52cd3845257dc7f39171c48f64df4085 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.txt @@ -0,0 +1,339 @@ +07:37:31 #startmeeting +07:37:31 Meeting started Tue Jul 31 07:37:31 2012 UTC. The chair is elky. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. +07:37:31 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic. +07:37:39 anzeljg: afaik, anitsirk was updating the existing ones, and any new commit was to have new format +07:38:10 thanks hugh, we'll discuss that later ;) +07:38:24 #info elky is melissa draper, catalyst it, nz +07:38:39 #info hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, NZ +07:38:45 #info anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, Gimnazija Bezigrad, Slovenia +07:39:14 kevinmoilar, we do this so we're introduced in the minutes. care to introduce yourself? :) +07:39:37 #info kevinmoilar is Kevin Mueller, Liip AG, Switzerland +07:39:51 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-07-31 +07:40:17 #topic items from past meetings +07:40:21 waa lukecarrier jimcrib richardm adi_b lamiette dobedobedoh Mjollnir` sonn, any others ? +07:40:25 #topic dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker +07:40:35 anyone know if this was done? +07:40:43 no idea +07:41:10 elky: which issues? do you remember? +07:41:26 nope. i got home minutes before the meeting +07:41:40 iarenaza hi +07:41:41 hi iarenaza +07:41:47 iarenaza, hello! we've started the meeting if you want to #info introduce yourself +07:42:08 #info iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza (Mondragon Unibertsitatea) +07:42:15 :) +07:42:16 Hi everybody +07:42:21 hi +07:42:47 iarenaza, so far we're on "dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker" in the agenda, but we'll move on since nobody knows the status and he's not here +07:42:48 * iarenaza I'll be on and off, as I'm doing some work stuff +07:43:16 * iarenaza having a look at the agenda +07:43:42 http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html has it +07:43:52 #topic anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information (possibly code too) <= wiki page done, code not yet. +07:44:02 yeah +07:44:03 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services +07:44:13 nice looking spec, anzeljg +07:44:18 It shpuld be done a month or so ago, but here it is... +07:44:21 don't believe dajan's thing has been done +07:44:22 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services +07:45:02 i also uploaded a code to github... for testing (feedback welcome) and that has not been oficially released yet... +07:45:12 #link https://github.com/anzeljg/mahara-cloud +07:45:42 Currently Cloud plugin has support/integration for Box, Dropbox, SugarSync and Zotero +07:45:43 .. +07:45:47 nice, we'll have a look at that between now and next meeting then +07:46:03 #info Currently Cloud plugin has support/integration for Box, Dropbox, SugarSync and Zotero +07:46:45 any other discussion needed at this point in time? +07:46:53 nope +07:47:18 moving on then +07:47:21 looks really nice anzeljg +07:47:34 iarenaza: the spec or the code ;) +07:47:59 the spec (haven't had a look at the code yet) +07:48:08 i know, just teasing you... +07:48:28 #topic alanmc to post to dev forum post about the mobile api +07:48:35 #link https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4747#post20953 +07:48:45 alan's not online but he did post that earlier today +07:50:11 hughdavenport, you've been working with him on that, yes? +07:50:44 i know richardm was doing lots before he left +07:50:44 nope, haven't done anything on his stuff +07:50:50 ah ok +07:50:56 though he was going to ask me if he needed help +07:51:03 only done gerrit stuff with him +07:51:16 one of us needs to review it before next monday +07:51:36 yup, will be on my list +07:52:20 #action hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze +07:52:51 #topic elky look into removing google apps block from the core +07:53:03 #info elky's not had a chance +07:53:44 #info should be noted that much of it would be replaced by anzeljg's cloudy stuff which is yay +07:53:53 :) +07:54:05 ;) +07:54:15 #topic elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than php +07:54:28 I haven't, still. hughdavenport? +07:54:34 been on leave +07:55:16 i didn't notice ;) +07:55:45 * kevinmoilar wonders how to interpret the 'may be' in The API may be extended to support messaging and commenting on blogposts in due course +07:55:54 on https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/1439/ +07:56:13 will be a real boost i reckon, the messaging +07:56:19 kevinmoilar, pending time availability I'd guess +07:56:21 and commenting +07:56:26 hmm, would have to ask about that with alan +07:56:38 elky: can you ask him tomo? +07:57:01 hughdavenport, yep, but i suspect he'll echo my answer +07:57:42 #info kevinmoilar concerned about non-committal regarding messaging/commenting support in api +07:58:01 i hope i can motivate adi_b and the others to do a hackday once this crazy moodle migration summer is dealt with +07:58:14 #action elky to confirm plans with alan +07:58:52 elky: even if he just gives a general overview on how they may be extended in the commit message (and/or wiki) +07:59:05 would make it better if he suddenly dropped out +07:59:17 huh +08:00:23 #info hughdavenport suggests alan give "a general overview on how they may be extended in the commit message (and/or wiki)" +08:00:55 anything else on this particular topic? +08:01:24 any plans on iOS for this? +08:01:44 I don't think we have any iOS developers at catalyst +08:01:57 neither do we +08:02:09 so it'd depend on a wild iOS developer appearing +08:02:11 bar the phonegap etc +08:02:16 communitiy developer? +08:02:17 wild yeh +08:02:57 #info kevinmoilar asks about iOS support. answer; currently we don't know of an iOS developer, but if one magically appeared we'd not turn them away +08:02:59 I don't think it will happen at catalyst, as there is a cost to developing iOS app's (as well as dev cost) +08:03:09 apple charge you for using the SDK +08:03:15 because they are awesome +08:03:22 we might be able to 'find' some funding from client who showed interest - but that its wild too a the mom +08:03:28 hughdavenport, as well as the poor thing being slightly out of place here ;) +08:04:11 but yeah, not enough interest from our end to push this i guess +08:04:18 kevinmoilar, i suspect we could find finding, but unless it's big bucks, we'd want a pretty efficient dev to get it done +08:04:32 dajan! +08:04:33 hi dajan +08:04:39 hi dajan! +08:04:41 hi dajan +08:04:45 hello +08:04:46 we are in the meeting, please introduce yourself :) +08:04:48 long time :P +08:05:03 i am chatting with an ipad so not easy +08:05:18 kevinmoilar, ok to leave the api discussion until we know more from alan? +08:05:28 ok +08:05:32 we should go back to dajan's recurring agenda item +08:05:52 #topic dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker +08:06:07 I um, hope you remember what this is about :D +08:06:28 http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html has it +08:07:09 hi rkabalin +08:07:15 Hello +08:07:18 hey rkabalin +08:07:21 hi rkabalin +08:07:21 rkabalin, hello, please introduce yourself to the meeting +08:07:34 #info Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK +08:07:44 and so you know where we're at: http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html has it +08:07:47 ok i will write in the tracker a few revommendations about extresource plugin to find a way to fusion Laurent Emprecht's plugin eith the actual external resources plugins we have nowadays in Mahara +08:07:49 #info dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University, UK +08:07:56 i do this next week +08:08:03 dajan, thank you +08:08:08 hi dobedobedoh +08:08:19 hello dobedobedoh +08:08:26 hi dajan and dobedobedoh +08:08:27 hi dobedobedoh +08:08:29 #info dajan says: i will write in the tracker a few revommendations about extresource plugin to find a way to fusion Laurent Emprecht's plugin eith the actual external resources plugins we have nowadays in Mahara +08:09:11 how about we give the lancaster guys a few moments to get up to speed +08:09:25 when i write eith on my ipad keyboard i meant "with". sorry about that +08:09:27 ;) +08:09:47 dajan, that's ok, my typing today is terrible even on real keyboards +08:12:11 in short i thing we should find a way of having just one block to embed all the different external sources that works in collaboration with the code for iframe and the new interface for iframe existing in 1.6 +08:12:49 dajan, we have to weigh up the maintainability of something like that though +08:12:50 i hate this keyboard +08:13:44 #info dajan: we should find a way of having just one block to embed all the different external sources that works in collaboration with the code for iframes +08:13:59 #info elky: maintainability needs to be considered carefully too +08:14:12 rkabalin, dobedobedoh, up to speed? +08:14:56 yep +08:14:58 elky: Yes thanks +08:15:12 yes i agree with you elky But it may simplify the life of users and may also be more easy after to maintain for developers tho. if we find a way of doing it well it could be one stone two birds +08:15:24 we talked about some universal embedding plugin on last meeting +08:15:40 what dajan is talking about is the same? +08:15:55 rkabalin, im not sure if he's talking about anzeljg's thing or not +08:16:03 no +08:16:07 he's not +08:16:12 yes with the addition of oembed +08:16:25 I see +08:16:28 rkabalin: dajan presented it at maharauk +08:16:37 heh. perhaps you two need to talk this out +08:16:47 i did that to remember this +08:17:10 ok +08:17:44 ah, Laurent's plugin, yes, now I remember +08:17:47 i write something in the wiki and we will see how you take it or not see this next meeting +08:17:56 dajan, anzeljg could perhaps you two have a discussion some time in the next few weeks, in email or whatever, and work out where the similarities are and what the differences are? +08:18:18 we did that already, i think +08:18:23 with a coktail in Zurich maybe +08:18:26 also discussed this with anitsirk +08:18:30 ;) +08:18:47 anitsirk suggested we keep embed.ly for the people on shared hosting... +08:19:16 i see anitsirk next week in Fribourg (Switzerland) will have a chat with her about it +08:20:03 nice... +08:20:43 dajan: would be nice to see you too +08:20:53 #action kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc +08:21:01 is that ok with you two? +08:21:12 fine with me +08:21:30 cool. the less confusion and double-work the better :) +08:21:33 but i didn't write any specs on that... +08:22:23 anzeljg, i see similarities in what you two are trying to do. i want to be able to understand what the simliarities are so we don't end up having to decide between two pieces of code later +08:22:41 kevinmoilar I am always happy to meet nice people and i am a good traveler +08:22:58 dajan: please let me know about your talk with kristina next week +08:23:12 dajan: i mean in fribourg next week - anitsikirk is visiting us at liip +08:23:19 i should be in Australia and may NZ in October +08:23:46 i meet you at Liip by the way +08:24:05 ? :) +08:24:09 ok, should we move on? +08:24:16 yes +08:24:23 #topic Continued: Discuss safeiframe xss vulnerabilities +08:25:05 we were going to continue the discussion of this +08:25:20 i'm still not sure what we should do about it +08:26:55 anyone else's thoughts? +08:28:07 hughdavenport? +08:28:19 remind me? +08:28:20 * iarenaza re-reading discussion from last time +08:28:38 hughdavenport, the safeiframes stuff will let people define their own regexes and stuff for iframes +08:28:52 which could let anything in if they mess it up +08:29:10 I thought we came to the conclusion that it requires admins to enter them so wasn't really a flaw +08:29:29 by people do you mean admins or also regular users? +08:29:35 admins +08:29:47 i don't see a problem then?!? +08:30:01 or is there one? +08:30:25 the problem was that the site admin and the system admin might not be the same person +08:30:42 oh... +08:30:45 anzeljg, it does mean everyone who reviews mahara for the security bounty is going to come to us telling us they can exploit it, and we get to tell them it's Not A Bug +08:31:01 i see +08:31:17 it _is_ a vulnerability. We have to work out the best way to manage it +08:31:46 so basically we want to let people whitelist sites, but in a way that doesn't open the site for XSS attacks. Which is rather difficult to do. +08:31:53 is it possible to have some kind of repository for these iframe regex codes +08:32:06 and these codes are review by someone? +08:32:17 sort of plugins... +08:32:17 anzeljg, likely. whether we have the capacity to manage that is another thing altogether +08:32:18 .. +08:32:30 I am aware of that... +08:32:40 :( +08:33:24 we'll just have to see how it goes, i guess. :-/ +08:34:00 #info still no resolution about the best way forward. will need to play it by ear +08:34:29 if you let admins add sites without additional checks, then you can't make it secure +08:34:33 anything else anyone wants to say or should we move on to picking next week's vict.. uh, chair? +08:35:05 next week's??? +08:35:10 month's +08:35:12 sorry +08:35:15 my question too :) +08:35:16 could we have a config variable in the config.php that gives will let decide if we show the interface in the admin screen or not so we can decidecwhen/if thecselfiframe inteface is accessible +08:35:17 ;) +08:35:41 dajan: richardm suggested that at last meeting. +08:35:46 dajan, yeah, i think that's the best we've come up with so far +08:35:48 i like dajan's suggestion +08:35:55 +1 +08:36:07 +1 +08:36:16 the suggestion was to have it on a timer +08:36:24 so it'd unset itself after a certain amount of time +08:36:43 can it be bound to a session? +08:37:11 It's a nice idea, but don't forget that the underlying problem still remains +08:37:34 sure, but it's still not something that should be on all the time +08:37:53 no if the sys admin thinks it is a good thing to have this interface it set the config var accordingly if he stopscto think that he does the opposite +08:38:40 dajan, elky: What about those situatinos where the sysadmin is though? +08:39:01 Or if the sysadmin is just a person who has put mahara on shared hosting +08:39:04 in my institution i am the only sys admin and admin so i would prefere to set it up to always until i maybe have another admin on the plateforme +08:39:17 dobedobedoh: if you have access to config.php, then you are good to go. +08:39:24 dobedobedoh, if you don't have ftp access, you're already facing those problems +08:39:36 hmm ok +08:40:12 anyway, the real problem is having malicious sites added to your trusted external content sites, not how you put that site in the list. +08:40:22 dajan, the purpose of this discussion is to make sure when it goes out, we've done everything we plausibly can to make the issue less of one :) +08:41:10 anyway, lets move on, i need dinner before midnight ;) +08:41:34 #topic Next meeting and Chair +08:43:09 August 28th (tues) or 29th (weds)? +08:43:19 either one is ok for me +08:43:27 either one +08:43:51 eithers fine +08:44:12 Could we at some point (next meeting) speak about webservices I see a huge potentialvfor moodle and other services integration with Mahara but i think there is a lack of info and example on this +08:44:22 I will be away whole august, but might be able to join actually +08:44:38 dajan: webservices? +08:44:40 either date for me +08:45:40 dobedobedoh? +08:45:57 wednesday rather +08:46:01 I think either are fine for me +08:46:15 anzeljg, https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Auth/WebServices/WebServicesConfiguration +08:46:15 and who wants to chair? :) +08:46:30 dajan, hold a second and we'll record this in the other business bit :) +08:47:10 elky: I could do it +08:47:27 #info next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012, iarenaza will chair +08:47:29 :D +08:47:35 everyone happy with that? +08:47:41 thanks +08:47:43 yep +08:47:43 elky: what time? +08:47:44 +1 +08:47:44 yep +08:48:06 whole day meeting )) +08:48:06 uh... im taking it people would prefer half an hour later than today? +08:48:19 elky: should be morning in NZ, noon in EU? +08:48:23 elky, that'd be brilliant for me! +08:49:03 oh, i'm really not with it today +08:49:44 i keep thinking it's the same time of day next time, even though i know it's not +08:49:53 so 8 UTC? +08:50:14 yes +08:50:18 as usual +08:50:23 ok +08:50:42 we should possibly discuss the times if people are wanting to show up but both times are not useful +08:51:00 #undo +08:51:00 Removing item from minutes: +08:51:15 #info next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012 utc 0800, iarenaza will chair +08:51:27 Time is fine... remembering is another matter +08:51:41 I normally put it into my calendar, but completely forgot this time around +08:51:42 dobedobedoh, it'd help if the chair remembered to remind you a full day before +08:51:54 Is this the right time? http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T10&p1=327 +08:51:55 but the chair had a rough monday and forgot :( +08:52:08 It'd help if sent an iCal-style invite around somehow ;) +08:52:25 meeting-invite stylee +08:52:28 elky, it should be 20:00, is not it? +08:52:28 or we will make another morning one in a row +08:52:31 dobedobedoh, we could probably do something with google calendar, but it is a bit crappy for timezones +08:52:39 is it? Darn +08:52:44 rkabalin, ... gah yes +08:52:53 will have to leave... +08:52:54 dobedobedoh, it's fine if you're eu or us :D +08:52:59 #undo +08:52:59 Removing item from minutes: +08:53:05 bye anzeljg +08:53:08 bye +08:53:12 bye anzeljg +08:53:17 #info next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012 utc 8pm, iarenaza will chair +08:53:18 bye anzeljg +08:53:35 anzeljg, bye, thanks for coming :) +08:53:54 ok, so 8pm utc (not 8am). I'll fix the link +08:54:04 note to self: wine is not good for dinner during meetings +08:54:11 iarenaza, yes sorry +08:55:24 sorry about all the fishing - will adjust the timer there. now off to other things, thanks for the meeting! +08:55:26 Ok, that'd be the right one http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T20 +08:55:41 kevinmoilar, thanks for coming :) +08:55:44 bye kevinmoilar +08:55:59 #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T20 +08:56:06 Ok... a quick any othe rbusiness +08:56:17 #topic Other business: +08:56:35 #info Mahara 1.4.3 and 1.5.2 went out a few hours ago, yay! +08:56:46 got one (mainly to discusss with you elky :) +08:56:50 yay indeed +08:57:04 #info security releases, fix for that mysql can't cope with lots of things problem +08:57:34 iarenaza, yep? +08:58:07 I've got a patch for the mahara manual, to deal with internationalized images +08:58:19 the makefiles and so on. +08:58:37 in thecother business i can't copy paste my previous message regarding webservices but i would like with discuss this at some point if you agree +08:58:40 how can we move this forward? +08:58:49 i have to run sorry, will catch up with AOB tomo +08:58:54 iarenaza, yes, i saw that. i haven't had time to look at it yet i'm afraid +08:58:58 hughdavenport, ciao +08:59:07 elky: I have a newer (and bigger) one +08:59:09 dajan, i'll do that for you in a sec +08:59:20 t,x +08:59:26 tks +08:59:46 iarenaza, i did have one quick glance at it, and my main concern is that it requires us to have all of inkscape on the server +09:00:00 and i'm not sure that our sysadmins are going to let that +09:00:54 iarenaza, hopefully kristina will let me look at it over the next few weeks, and i'll discuss with you by email, ok? +09:01:03 ok +09:01:30 #info iaranza has a svg patch for the manual, will talk to elky in email about it +09:01:41 i have to leave you keep in touch soon by email forums etc Cheers to all +09:01:47 #info Could we at some point (next meeting) speak about webservices I see a huge potentialvfor moodle and other services integration with Mahara but i think there is a lack of info and example on this +09:02:01 dajan, ok, your thing is pasted now, goodbye +09:02:07 bye +09:02:10 bye dajan +09:02:17 I think i'll close the meeting now, everyone else is gone i think :D +09:02:22 XD +09:02:38 elky thanks for chairing! +09:02:40 iarenaza, i'm melissa@catalyst etc ok, drop me a mail and cc kristina :) +09:02:42 thanks elky for chairing +09:03:07 #endmeeting \ No newline at end of file diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..8eede39324e099917e948ab828fb81c5233ee810 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.txt @@ -0,0 +1,163 @@ +=================== +#mahara-dev Meeting +=================== + + +Meeting started by elky at 07:37:31 UTC. The full logs are available at +http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-07-31-07.37.log.html +. + + + +Meeting summary +--------------- +* elky is melissa draper, catalyst it, nz (elky, 07:38:24) +* hughdavenport is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT, NZ (hughdavenport, + 07:38:39) +* anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, Gimnazija Bezigrad, Slovenia (anzeljg, + 07:38:45) +* kevinmoilar is Kevin Mueller, Liip AG, Switzerland (kevinmoilar, + 07:39:37) +* LINK: + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/2012-07-31 + (elky, 07:39:51) +* items from past meetings (elky, 07:40:17) + +* dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker (elky, 07:40:25) + * iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza (Mondragon Unibertsitatea) (iarenaza, + 07:42:08) + * LINK: + http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html + has it (hughdavenport, 07:43:42) + +* anzeljg To put together a quick wiki page with some information + (possibly code too) <= wiki page done, code not yet. (elky, 07:43:52) + * LINK: + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services + (elky, 07:44:03) + * LINK: + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Cloud_Services + (anzeljg, 07:44:22) + * LINK: https://github.com/anzeljg/mahara-cloud (anzeljg, 07:45:12) + * Currently Cloud plugin has support/integration for Box, Dropbox, + SugarSync and Zotero (elky, 07:46:03) + +* alanmc to post to dev forum post about the mobile api (elky, + 07:48:28) + * LINK: + https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4747#post20953 + (elky, 07:48:35) + * ACTION: hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before + feature freeze (elky, 07:52:20) + +* elky look into removing google apps block from the core (elky, + 07:52:51) + * elky's not had a chance (elky, 07:53:03) + * should be noted that much of it would be replaced by anzeljg's + cloudy stuff which is yay (elky, 07:53:44) + +* elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than + php (elky, 07:54:15) + * kevinmoilar concerned about non-committal regarding + messaging/commenting support in api (elky, 07:57:42) + * ACTION: elky to confirm plans with alan (elky, 07:58:14) + * hughdavenport suggests alan give "a general overview on how they may + be extended in the commit message (and/or wiki)" (elky, 08:00:23) + * kevinmoilar asks about iOS support. answer; currently we don't know + of an iOS developer, but if one magically appeared we'd not turn + them away (elky, 08:02:57) + +* dajan to raise appropriate issues in the tracker (elky, 08:05:52) + * LINK: + http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-04-25-20.02.log.html + has it (hughdavenport, 08:06:28) + * Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin, 08:07:34) + * dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University, UK + (dobedobedoh, 08:07:49) + * dajan says: i will write in the tracker a few revommendations about + extresource plugin to find a way to fusion Laurent Emprecht's plugin + eith the actual external resources plugins we have nowadays in + Mahara (elky, 08:08:29) + * dajan: we should find a way of having just one block to embed all + the different external sources that works in collaboration with the + code for iframes (elky, 08:13:44) + * elky: maintainability needs to be considered carefully too (elky, + 08:13:59) + * ACTION: kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend + anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc (elky, + 08:20:53) + +* Continued: Discuss safeiframe xss vulnerabilities (elky, 08:24:23) + * still no resolution about the best way forward. will need to play it + by ear (elky, 08:34:00) + +* Next meeting and Chair (elky, 08:41:34) + * next meeting is wednesday August 29th 2012 utc 8pm, iarenaza will + chair (elky, 08:53:17) + * LINK: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=20th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120829T20 + (elky, 08:55:59) + +* Other business: (elky, 08:56:17) + * Mahara 1.4.3 and 1.5.2 went out a few hours ago, yay! (elky, + 08:56:35) + * security releases, fix for that mysql can't cope with lots of things + problem (elky, 08:57:04) + * iaranza has a svg patch for the manual, will talk to elky in email + about it (elky, 09:01:30) + * Could we at some point (next meeting) speak about + webservices I see a huge potentialvfor moodle and other services + integration with Mahara but i think there is a lack of info and + example on this (elky, 09:01:47) + +Meeting ended at 09:03:07 UTC. + + + + +Action Items +------------ +* hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze +* elky to confirm plans with alan +* kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec + to work out similarities and differences etc + + + + +Action Items, by person +----------------------- +* anzeljg + * kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec + to work out similarities and differences etc +* dajan + * kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec + to work out similarities and differences etc +* elky + * elky to confirm plans with alan +* **UNASSIGNED** + * hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature + freeze + + + + +People Present (lines said) +--------------------------- +* elky (133) +* anzeljg (50) +* iarenaza (34) +* hughdavenport (29) +* dajan (29) +* kevinmoilar (29) +* rkabalin (19) +* dobedobedoh (11) +* maharameet (4) +* lukecarrier (1) + + + + +Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 + +.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot