Commit 954c0bbd authored by Francois Marier's avatar Francois Marier

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 27th March 2012

Signed-off-by: default avatarFrancois Marier <francois@catalyst.net.nz>
parent 30bf0c27
This diff is collapsed.
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by anitsirk at 07:41:27 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* anitsirk = Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ (anitsirk,
07:41:49)
* anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and developer, Ljubljana,
Slovenia (anzeljg, 07:41:51)
* Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University (dobedobedoh, 07:41:52)
* fmarier is Francois Marier (fmarier, 07:41:58)
* richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand
(richardm, 07:42:04)
* Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin_, 07:42:09)
* elky is melissa draper, Catalyst IT (elky, 07:42:24)
* Items from last meeting (anitsirk, 07:42:44)
* all action items were related to checking bugs before freezing
mahara 1.5. thus nothing to report. (anitsirk, 07:43:08)
* Triggers in Mahara (Richard) (anitsirk, 07:43:20)
* mahara has a function to create db triggers if needed (anitsirk,
07:45:22)
* If a trigger needs to be changed, you drop and recreate (anitsirk,
07:50:15)
* the db_drop_trigger function would need to be used for that
(anitsirk, 07:50:48)
* Upstream status of Dwoo (Francois) (anitsirk, 07:51:56)
* https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088 triggered
the topic (anitsirk, 07:51:57)
* LINK: https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088
(anitsirk, 07:51:58)
* Mjollnir` was looking for a new maintainer for the dwoo debian
package (anitsirk, 07:53:41)
* HELP: : if dwoo is not going to be maintained much in the future,
should we keep using it or should we look at switching to something
else? (anitsirk, 07:54:27)
* IDEA: we could switch but that could be expensive to rewrite
customizations (anitsirk, 07:56:04)
* HELP: are there any big templating systems for php or is it just
homebrewed things from various developers? (anitsirk, 07:57:00)
* IDEA: from rkabalin_ : I think we should keep Dwoo, as it entirely
meets our requirements at the moment and maintain it as a part of
Mahara. (anitsirk, 07:57:57)
* LINK: http://twig.sensiolabs.org/ (anzeljg, 08:01:27)
* LINK: http://twig.sensiolabs.org/ (fmarier, 08:01:27)
* ACTION: fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating
system (anitsirk, 08:03:15)
* LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001 (fmarier,
08:04:33)
* LINK:
http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php
(Mjollnir`, 08:08:42)
* LINK:
http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php
(fmarier, 08:09:10)
* LINK:
http://wiki.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/FAQ2#Who.27s_that_Smarty_guy.3F
(anzeljg, 08:10:29)
* Should CIA commit go on #mahara-dev? (Francois) (anitsirk, 08:10:44)
*
http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html
for background reading on the topic (anitsirk, 08:10:44)
* LINK:
http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html
(anitsirk, 08:10:45)
* #mahara-commits currently has notices whenever something is merged
from gerrit (anitsirk, 08:12:01)
* AGREED: CIA commits currently on #mahara-cmmits move to #mahara-dev
(anitsirk, 08:13:07)
* ACTION: fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to
#mahara-dev (anitsirk, 08:13:22)
* Update on how we give access to new translators (Francois & Richard)
(anitsirk, 08:13:56)
* LINK: https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-translators (fmarier,
08:20:10)
* IDEA: make the translation group either open or assign it to the
respective Launchpad Translators group (anitsirk, 08:21:51)
* IDEA: ideally the owners of the mahara langpacks should be the teams
in this list:
https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/
because they are the most active translation groups (anitsirk,
08:22:51)
* in some cases, the mahara translators prefer to have their own
group. (anitsirk, 08:23:49)
* ACTION: anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we
could make it the owner of the mahara translation (anitsirk,
08:27:59)
* LINK: https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-sl (fmarier, 08:28:21)
* HELP: who would approve lang strings marked for review in a
translation if we assign the launchpad translators group as the
owner of the mahara translation? (anitsirk, 08:31:52)
* anyone from a translation team can approve strings that need
reviewing (anitsirk, 08:32:43)
* if a translation maintainer notices that a translation team has lead
to inconsistency and a lower quality of the translation, then we can
always change it back to a Mahara-specific translation team
(anitsirk, 08:33:34)
* LINK:
https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/mahara-translation-group
(fmarier, 08:34:16)
* LINK:
https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+details
(fmarier, 08:37:28)
* LINK:
https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+filter?person=gregor-anzelj
(elky, 08:39:03)
* the general launchpad russian translator team is now used for the
russian mahara translation https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ru
(anitsirk, 08:39:54)
* AGREED: we'll use the most active launchpad teams for each language
unless there's a reason for using a different one for a given mahara
translation (anitsirk, 08:45:52)
* Next meeting and Chair (anitsirk, 08:52:39)
* IDEA:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20
(anitsirk, 08:58:49)
* AGREED: : next meeting will be on April 24, 2012 at 20:00 UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20
(anitsirk, 09:00:06)
* HELP: who wants to be chair? (anitsirk, 09:00:16)
* AGREED: : dobedobedoh is going to chair the 16th Mahara Developer
Meeting. (anitsirk, 09:07:35)
* Any other business (anitsirk, 09:07:41)
* The 5th Newsletter will be out on April 1. I still take submissions
for dev stories, new plugins etc. until the end of today UTC or
tomorrow if I receive a quick message that about 150 words are on
its way. (anitsirk, 09:08:06)
* it's the last mahara dev meeting for fmarier als catalyst employee
(anitsirk, 09:13:02)
Meeting ended at 09:22:28 UTC.
Action Items
------------
* fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating system
* fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to #mahara-dev
* anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it
the owner of the mahara translation
Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* anzeljg
* anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make
it the owner of the mahara translation
* fmarier
* fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating system
* fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to #mahara-dev
* **UNASSIGNED**
* (none)
People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* anitsirk (114)
* fmarier (100)
* anzeljg (50)
* elky (45)
* richardm (35)
* rkabalin_ (33)
* dobedobedoh (31)
* Mjollnir` (16)
* maharameet (2)
* maharabug (1)
* dan_p (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Markdown is supported
0%
or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment