diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..c31ce8cf0238790b08b3dfeda602c34670a0aabe --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.html @@ -0,0 +1,388 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev Meeting + + + + +

#mahara-dev Meeting

+ +Meeting started by anitsirk at 07:41:27 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Meeting summary

+
    +
  1. +
      +
    1. anitsirk = Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, + Wellington, NZ (anitsirk, + 07:41:49)
    2. +
    3. anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and + developer, Ljubljana, Slovenia (anzeljg, + 07:41:51)
    4. +
    5. Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University + (dobedobedoh, + 07:41:52)
    6. +
    7. fmarier is Francois Marier (fmarier, + 07:41:58)
    8. +
    9. richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, + Wellington, New Zealand (richardm, + 07:42:04)
    10. +
    11. Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, + UK (rkabalin_, + 07:42:09)
    12. +
    13. elky is melissa draper, Catalyst IT + (elky, + 07:42:24)
    14. +
    +
  2. +
  3. Items from last meeting (anitsirk, 07:42:44) +
      +
    1. all action items were related to checking bugs + before freezing mahara 1.5. thus nothing to report. (anitsirk, + 07:43:08)
    2. +
    +
  4. +
  5. Triggers in Mahara (Richard) (anitsirk, 07:43:20) +
      +
    1. mahara has a function to create db triggers if + needed (anitsirk, + 07:45:22)
    2. +
    3. If a trigger needs to be changed, you drop and + recreate (anitsirk, + 07:50:15)
    4. +
    5. the db_drop_trigger function would need to be + used for that (anitsirk, + 07:50:48)
    6. +
    +
  6. +
  7. Upstream status of Dwoo (Francois) (anitsirk, 07:51:56) +
      +
    1. https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088 + triggered the topic (anitsirk, + 07:51:57)
    2. +
    3. https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088 + (anitsirk, + 07:51:58)
    4. +
    5. Mjollnir` was looking for a new maintainer for + the dwoo debian package (anitsirk, + 07:53:41)
    6. +
    7. HELP: : if dwoo is not + going to be maintained much in the future, should we keep using it + or should we look at switching to something else? (anitsirk, + 07:54:27)
    8. +
    9. IDEA: we could switch + but that could be expensive to rewrite customizations (anitsirk, + 07:56:04)
    10. +
    11. HELP: are there any big + templating systems for php or is it just homebrewed things from + various developers? (anitsirk, + 07:57:00)
    12. +
    13. IDEA: from rkabalin_ : + I think we should keep Dwoo, as it entirely meets our requirements + at the moment and maintain it as a part of Mahara. (anitsirk, + 07:57:57)
    14. +
    15. http://twig.sensiolabs.org/ + (anzeljg, + 08:01:27)
    16. +
    17. http://twig.sensiolabs.org/ + (fmarier, + 08:01:27)
    18. +
    19. ACTION: fmarier to + create a wishlist bug for twig as templating system (anitsirk, + 08:03:15)
    20. +
    21. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001 + (fmarier, + 08:04:33)
    22. +
    23. http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php + (Mjollnir`, + 08:08:42)
    24. +
    25. http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php + (fmarier, + 08:09:10)
    26. +
    27. http://wiki.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/FAQ2#Who.27s_that_Smarty_guy.3F + (anzeljg, + 08:10:29)
    28. +
    +
  8. +
  9. Should CIA commit go on #mahara-dev? (Francois) (anitsirk, 08:10:44) +
      +
    1. http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html + for background reading on the topic (anitsirk, + 08:10:44)
    2. +
    3. http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html + (anitsirk, + 08:10:45)
    4. +
    5. #mahara-commits currently has notices whenever + something is merged from gerrit (anitsirk, + 08:12:01)
    6. +
    7. AGREED: CIA commits + currently on #mahara-cmmits move to #mahara-dev (anitsirk, + 08:13:07)
    8. +
    9. ACTION: fmarier to + move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to #mahara-dev (anitsirk, + 08:13:22)
    10. +
    +
  10. +
  11. Update on how we give access to new translators (Francois & Richard) (anitsirk, 08:13:56) +
      +
    1. https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-translators + (fmarier, + 08:20:10)
    2. +
    3. IDEA: make the + translation group either open or assign it to the respective + Launchpad Translators group (anitsirk, + 08:21:51)
    4. +
    5. IDEA: ideally the + owners of the mahara langpacks should be the teams in this list: + https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/ + because they are the most active translation groups (anitsirk, + 08:22:51)
    6. +
    7. in some cases, the mahara translators prefer to + have their own group. (anitsirk, + 08:23:49)
    8. +
    9. ACTION: anzeljg joins + the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it the owner + of the mahara translation (anitsirk, + 08:27:59)
    10. +
    11. https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-sl + (fmarier, + 08:28:21)
    12. +
    13. HELP: who would approve + lang strings marked for review in a translation if we assign the + launchpad translators group as the owner of the mahara + translation? (anitsirk, + 08:31:52)
    14. +
    15. anyone from a translation team can approve + strings that need reviewing (anitsirk, + 08:32:43)
    16. +
    17. if a translation maintainer notices that a + translation team has lead to inconsistency and a lower quality of + the translation, then we can always change it back to a + Mahara-specific translation team (anitsirk, + 08:33:34)
    18. +
    19. https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/mahara-translation-group + (fmarier, + 08:34:16)
    20. +
    21. https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+details + (fmarier, + 08:37:28)
    22. +
    23. https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+filter?person=gregor-anzelj + (elky, + 08:39:03)
    24. +
    25. the general launchpad russian translator team + is now used for the russian mahara translation + https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ru (anitsirk, + 08:39:54)
    26. +
    27. AGREED: we'll use the + most active launchpad teams for each language unless there's a + reason for using a different one for a given mahara + translation (anitsirk, + 08:45:52)
    28. +
    +
  12. +
  13. Next meeting and Chair (anitsirk, 08:52:39) +
      +
    1. IDEA: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20 + (anitsirk, + 08:58:49)
    2. +
    3. AGREED: : next + meeting will be on April 24, 2012 at 20:00 UTC + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20 + (anitsirk, + 09:00:06)
    4. +
    5. HELP: who wants to be + chair? (anitsirk, + 09:00:16)
    6. +
    7. AGREED: : dobedobedoh + is going to chair the 16th Mahara Developer Meeting. (anitsirk, + 09:07:35)
    8. +
    +
  14. +
  15. Any other business (anitsirk, 09:07:41) +
      +
    1. The 5th Newsletter will be out on April 1. I + still take submissions for dev stories, new plugins etc. until the + end of today UTC or tomorrow if I receive a quick message that about + 150 words are on its way. (anitsirk, + 09:08:06)
    2. +
    3. it's the last mahara dev meeting for fmarier + als catalyst employee (anitsirk, + 09:13:02)
    4. +
    +
  16. +
+

+ + + + +Meeting ended at 09:22:28 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Action items

+
    +
  1. fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating system
  2. +
  3. fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to #mahara-dev
  4. +
  5. anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it the owner of the mahara translation
  6. +
+

+ + + +

Action items, by person

+
    +
  1. anzeljg
      +
    1. anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it the owner of the mahara translation
    2. +
  2. +
  3. fmarier
      +
    1. fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating system
    2. +
    3. fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to #mahara-dev
    4. +
  4. +
+

+ + + +

People present (lines said)

+
    +
  1. anitsirk (114)
  2. +
  3. fmarier (100)
  4. +
  5. anzeljg (50)
  6. +
  7. elky (45)
  8. +
  9. richardm (35)
  10. +
  11. rkabalin_ (33)
  12. +
  13. dobedobedoh (31)
  14. +
  15. Mjollnir` (16)
  16. +
  17. maharameet (2)
  18. +
  19. maharabug (1)
  20. +
  21. dan_p (1)
  22. +
+

+ + + +Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4. + diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.log.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.log.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..e8eb619599e19eb06339165004b7bf9d1e82df16 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.log.html @@ -0,0 +1,455 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev log + + + + +
07:41:27 <anitsirk> #startmeeting
+07:41:27 <maharameet> Meeting started Tue Mar 27 07:41:27 2012 UTC.  The chair is anitsirk. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
+07:41:27 <maharameet> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
+07:41:29 <dobedobedoh> Seems that one of the irc nodes was down and supybot isn't very good at DNS roundrobin failover
+07:41:35 <anitsirk> Welcome to the 15th Mahara Developer Meeting. If you could please start a new line with #info and state your name and location please.
+07:41:49 <anitsirk> #info anitsirk = Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ
+07:41:51 <anzeljg> #info anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and developer, Ljubljana, Slovenia
+07:41:52 <dobedobedoh> #info Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University
+07:41:58 <fmarier> #info fmarier is Francois Marier
+07:42:04 <richardm> #info richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand
+07:42:09 <rkabalin_> #info Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK
+07:42:24 <elky> #info elky is melissa draper, Catalyst IT
+07:42:44 <anitsirk> #topic Items from last meeting
+07:43:08 <anitsirk> #info all action items were related to checking bugs before freezing mahara 1.5. thus nothing to report.
+07:43:20 <anitsirk> #topic Triggers in Mahara (Richard)
+07:43:24 <anitsirk> over to you, richardm
+07:43:28 <fmarier> we have an RC, yay!
+07:43:43 <fmarier> round of applause for elky
+07:43:51 <anitsirk> oh. sorry. pop. that was the champagne cork :-)
+07:43:59 <rkabalin_> Well done!
+07:43:59 <elky> yay me!
+07:44:03 <richardm> yay!
+07:44:06 <dobedobedoh> Ace :) Well done all
+07:44:07 <fmarier> anitsirk: drinking in the office? ;-)
+07:44:13 <anitsirk> nope. i'm at home
+07:44:20 <dobedobedoh> Don't drink and root ;)
+07:44:38 <anitsirk> :-)
+07:45:02 <richardm> So with the triggers, I just wanted to mention that we have a function to create db triggers, should anyone need them
+07:45:18 <richardm> Thanks to rkabalin_'s review :)
+07:45:22 <anitsirk> #info mahara has a function to create db triggers if needed
+07:46:02 <fmarier> richardm: what sort of things do you expect triggers will be useful for?
+07:46:12 <richardm> I guess I don't need to say much more, if you feel like you need to use them, read the function in lib/dml.php
+07:46:22 <richardm> but for our case
+07:47:01 <richardm> after a ton of toing & froing we decided to cache counts of unread notifications in the user table
+07:47:22 <richardm> (because reading the notification_internal_activity was generating tons of slow queries)
+07:48:19 <richardm> so i guess it's useful when a db field's value is completely determined by some other thing in the db
+07:49:00 <richardm> i'm not aware of anything else we should use them for yet, but people should know they're there
+07:49:01 <rkabalin_> How do we upgrade if trigger needs to be changed
+07:49:03 <rkabalin_> ?
+07:49:03 <richardm> ..
+07:49:11 <richardm> drop & recreate
+07:49:38 <rkabalin_> OK, that is how I expected
+07:50:09 <rkabalin_> ..
+07:50:15 <anitsirk> #info If a trigger needs to be changed, you drop and recreate
+07:50:15 <richardm> so there's a db_drop_trigger function which is not used anywhere yet
+07:50:25 <richardm> but that's what you need to use
+07:50:45 <richardm> ..
+07:50:48 <anitsirk> #info the db_drop_trigger function would need to be used for that
+07:51:13 <richardm> that's all from me, anitsirk
+07:51:30 <anitsirk> any other questions or comments for this topic before we move on?
+07:51:55 <anitsirk> fmarier: you are up next.
+07:51:56 <anitsirk> #topic Upstream status of Dwoo (Francois)
+07:51:57 <anitsirk> #info https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088 triggered the topic
+07:51:57 <rkabalin_> nothing from me
+07:51:58 <anitsirk> #link https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088
+07:52:29 <fmarier> indeed, Mjollnir` told us that she was looking for a new maintainer for the dwoo debian package and pointed to that tweet
+07:53:13 <fmarier> so i guess the question is: if dwoo is not going to be maintained much in the future, should we keep using it or should we look at switching to something else?
+07:53:28 * fmarier doesn't know much about other php templating systems
+07:53:41 <anitsirk> #info Mjollnir` was looking for a new maintainer for the dwoo debian package
+07:53:46 <rkabalin_> We could maintain it as a part of Mahara
+07:54:07 <fmarier> yeah, that's an option. we did that with pieforms
+07:54:08 <rkabalin_> (not as standalone thing)
+07:54:27 <anitsirk> #help: if dwoo is not going to be maintained much in the future, should we keep using it or should we look at switching to something else?
+07:54:32 <richardm> we could switch to the new one that seldaek is working on if/when we need to
+07:54:39 <dobedobedoh> We've already changed the templating engine underneath people once, and it can be quite expensive for our users to rewrite their customisations :\
+07:54:39 <richardm> i forget what it's called
+07:54:51 <fmarier> richardm: ah, that's why he's dropping dwoo?
+07:55:08 <richardm> yeah he has a blog post on it somewhere
+07:55:16 <fmarier> dobedobedoh: except that last time we didn't really have to change much when we switched away from smarty
+07:55:21 <dobedobedoh> true
+07:55:47 <fmarier> are they any big templating systems for php or is it just homebrewed things from various developers?
+07:56:04 <anitsirk> #idea we could switch but that could be expensive to rewrite customizations
+07:56:48 <elky> fmarier, not that i can think of off the top of my head
+07:57:00 <anitsirk> #help are there any big templating systems for php or is it just homebrewed things from various developers?
+07:57:20 <rkabalin_> I think we should keep Dwoo, as it entirely meets our requirements at the moment and maintain it as a part of Mahara. If someone wants to use it separately, that person could easily do that
+07:57:36 <fmarier> ok, well, i don't have much more to say on this topic. we don't have an immediate action to take on this, but i just wanted to throw it out there
+07:57:57 <anitsirk> #idea from rkabalin_ : I think we should keep Dwoo, as it entirely meets our requirements at the moment and maintain it as a part of Mahara.
+07:58:24 <anitsirk> do we have to action something right away or would something have to go on to the more long term todo list?
+07:58:50 <fmarier> i think rkabalin_'s suggestion of doing nothing until we have a good reason to switch is fine
+07:59:00 <elky> review the situation at the beginning of each cycle, probably
+07:59:10 <anzeljg> I think I found it: http://symfony.com/
+07:59:12 <rkabalin_> fmarier: yeap, that what I meant
+07:59:28 <fmarier> review the situation if we learn of a better templating system and bring it up at a meeting
+07:59:39 <fmarier> symfony is a whole framework i think
+07:59:41 <richardm> ah yeah symfony, that's the one
+07:59:47 <rkabalin_> sumfony is MVC framework, not just a templating thingy
+07:59:50 <elky> that's more than a templating engine by the looks
+07:59:55 <dobedobedoh> symfony is a whole framework
+07:59:58 <fmarier> yeah, that would be a massive rewrite of mahara :)
+08:00:01 <anitsirk> do you agree on what rkabalin_ suggested and fmarier summarized?
+08:00:03 <dobedobedoh> (It's quite nice to use)
+08:00:04 <elky> yeahno
+08:00:13 <rkabalin_> anitsirk: yea, I agree
+08:00:22 <Mjollnir`> here
+08:00:30 <Mjollnir`> it's twig that he switched to
+08:00:53 <Mjollnir`> it's included in symfony but it's also a standalone templating system
+08:00:54 <dobedobedoh> Mjollnir`: any idea what the reason for the switch is?
+08:01:21 <Mjollnir`> i guess he got involved in symfony for other reasons anyway
+08:01:27 <anzeljg> #link http://twig.sensiolabs.org/
+08:01:27 <fmarier> #link http://twig.sensiolabs.org/
+08:01:32 <fmarier> that looks nice
+08:01:38 <Mjollnir`> fwiw, i really like twig
+08:01:45 <fmarier> i'll create a wishlist bug for it
+08:02:03 <dobedobedoh> Looks like it wouldn't be to much of a switch, and hopefully it would be maintained if it's being used with symfony
+08:02:20 <Mjollnir`> but moving from smarty to dwoo we didn't change any templates really. otoh we didn't really take advantage of using dwoo over smarty for that reason ...
+08:02:45 <fmarier> yeah the only advantage we got out of using dwoo was the auto-escaping
+08:02:57 <Mjollnir`> yeah.
+08:03:10 <Mjollnir`> but jordi is not doing releases iirc, you'd have to track git
+08:03:15 <anitsirk> #action fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating system
+08:04:21 <Mjollnir`> lack of security support at some point in the future might be a reason to switch
+08:04:33 <fmarier> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001
+08:04:35 <richardm> Mjollnir`: do you reckon jordi would be keen to do the work switch mahara to twig (like he did with dwoo)
+08:04:35 <maharabug> Launchpad bug 966001 in mahara "Switch templating system from dwoo to twig" [Wishlist,Triaged]
+08:04:53 <Mjollnir`> richardm: no
+08:05:05 <Mjollnir`> richardm: i don't think jordi is directly involved in twig at all
+08:05:13 <Mjollnir`> he's just not maintaining dwoo anymore because he's using symfony
+08:06:18 <dobedobedoh> If we do a rewrite, we should stop calling the template engine $smarty
+08:07:14 <anzeljg> Mybe we should call it $template (in cas we switch again in the future)?
+08:07:35 <fmarier> or $notsmarty ;-)
+08:07:47 <fmarier> anyways, that's all i had
+08:07:48 <dobedobedoh> I'm thinking $templator or something akin
+08:07:51 <Mjollnir`> twig syntax is based on whatever django uses for templates by the way
+08:07:59 <fmarier> thank you very much Mjollnir` for jumping in
+08:08:13 <rkabalin_> I suggest to keep it $smarty :)
+08:08:16 * fmarier loves Django
+08:08:24 <rkabalin_> For historical reasons
+08:08:39 <elky> uh oh
+08:08:42 <Mjollnir`> http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php
+08:08:46 <rkabalin_> so, everyone will keep asking why it is called smarty :)
+08:09:01 <anitsirk> sorry. back again
+08:09:10 <fmarier> #link http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php
+08:10:00 <Mjollnir`> fmarier: no worries, you highlight me, i appear :)
+08:10:00 <anitsirk> shall we move on?
+08:10:10 * Mjollnir` goes back to idling
+08:10:15 <fmarier> sure
+08:10:22 <anitsirk> Mjollnir`: thanks for stopping by
+08:10:26 <elky> yup
+08:10:29 <anzeljg> http://wiki.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/FAQ2#Who.27s_that_Smarty_guy.3F
+08:10:44 <anitsirk> #topic Should CIA commit go on #mahara-dev? (Francois)
+08:10:44 <anitsirk> #info http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html for background reading on the topic
+08:10:45 <anitsirk> #link http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html
+08:10:58 <anitsirk> fmarier: you are up again :-)
+08:11:12 <dobedobedoh> +1 for me on this
+08:11:25 <fmarier> so that's a quick one: #mahara-commits currently has notices whenever something is merged from gerrit
+08:11:35 <fmarier> should we move these notices to #mahara-dev ?
+08:11:39 <anitsirk> this is really cool :-)
+08:11:44 <fmarier> or do people prefer a separate channel for them ?
+08:11:50 <fmarier> ..
+08:12:01 <anitsirk> #info #mahara-commits currently has notices whenever something is merged from gerrit
+08:12:02 <dobedobedoh> We used to have them on #mahara-dev and I think it helped to keep up with what was going on
+08:12:12 <elky> i was thinking about putting maharabug in there to catch the bug numbers in the commit lines, this would be better i think
+08:12:23 <fmarier> anybody object?
+08:12:29 <richardm> not me
+08:12:34 <rkabalin_> I agree
+08:12:34 <elky> nope
+08:12:58 <fmarier> ok, then I guess I get an action to move it to the other channel :)
+08:13:07 <anitsirk> #agreed CIA commits currently on #mahara-cmmits move to #mahara-dev
+08:13:22 <anitsirk> #action fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to #mahara-dev
+08:13:54 <anitsirk> then let's go to the next topic, fmarier and richardm
+08:13:56 <anitsirk> #topic Update on how we give access to new translators (Francois & Richard)
+08:14:24 <anitsirk> tip: if you put an #info at the beginning of your line, you won't have me repeating you ;-)
+08:14:48 <anzeljg> FBI is missing...
+08:14:54 <elky> heh
+08:15:06 <fmarier> that was my action item :)
+08:15:13 <anzeljg> i know!
+08:15:18 <elky> mayeb i should rename maharabug, anzeljg?
+08:15:29 <anzeljg> cool
+08:15:43 <anitsirk> and what will 007 do?
+08:15:44 <fmarier> then we'll have the whole DHS with us
+08:16:56 <elky> so, back to the translations?
+08:16:58 <anitsirk> fmarier and richardm: do you need a translator for the current topic? ;-)
+08:17:08 <anzeljg> mogoče pa res..
+08:17:51 <fmarier> Richard and I have been discussing what might be the best way to assign translators to languages for Mahara
+08:18:15 <fmarier> with the goal of attracting new translators if possible
+08:18:39 <fmarier> elky, dobedobedoh and I also discussed that a few days ago
+08:19:01 <elky> that was a fun evening.
+08:19:18 <fmarier> richardm can correct me if i'm wrong but the long term goal is to make the translation group either open or to assign it to the Launchpad Translators group
+08:19:43 <richardm> fmarier: i thought you recommended Ubuntu Translators
+08:20:10 <fmarier> #link https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-translators
+08:20:21 <elky> richardm, launchpad-translators is even broader
+08:20:27 <fmarier> richardm: no, this one is the one i was talking about
+08:21:01 <richardm> right, i noticed that for some languages, the ubuntu team is a member of the launchpad team, but for others, that's not the case
+08:21:51 <anitsirk> #idea make the translation group either open or assign it to the respective Launchpad Translators group
+08:22:00 <fmarier> so ideally the owners of the mahara langpacks should be the teams in this list: https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/
+08:22:09 <fmarier> because they're the most active translation groups
+08:22:31 <fmarier> and we should encourage our existing translators or prospective translators to join these groups
+08:22:51 <anitsirk> #idea ideally the owners of the mahara langpacks should be the teams in this list: https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/ because they are the most active translation groups
+08:23:09 <fmarier> in some cases, the mahara translators prefer to have their own group. that's fine, but the default should be to use the existing launchpad groups i think
+08:23:13 <anitsirk> fmarier: that was very easy and quick in the german group. approval came within a day
+08:23:42 <fmarier> anzeljg: as a translator, what do you think of that?
+08:23:49 <anitsirk> #info in some cases, the mahara translators prefer to have their own group.
+08:23:59 <richardm> anitsirk: yes, but i don't think it's like that for other languages, the portuguese one had ~40 pending members, so obviously harder to join it
+08:24:13 <anitsirk> lucky me :-)
+08:24:50 <fmarier> richardm: did you have anything to add?
+08:25:41 <rkabalin_> I think not every existing translatioer group will approve membership in Mahara langpacks
+08:25:53 <elky> anzeljg, incase you missed it: <fmarier> anzeljg: as a translator, what do you think of that?
+08:26:01 <fmarier> rkabalin_: what do you mean by that?
+08:26:20 <richardm> nope, sounds good to me, i guess we just need to note that *everyone* has to agree to join the launchpad group before we could ever switch our translation group to Launchpad Translatorss
+08:26:23 <fmarier> not every translation group will want to own the mahara translation?
+08:26:39 <anzeljg> i don't have problems - i don't need to own my mahara translation group
+08:26:39 <fmarier> richardm: indeed
+08:26:52 <anzeljg> i would love to have somebody to translate it with me, but...
+08:27:01 <rkabalin_> We want to make every existing lunchpad translators group a member of mahara translatoers, right?
+08:27:14 <fmarier> anzeljg: you wouldn't mind joining the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it the owner of the mahara translation?
+08:27:22 <anzeljg> no problem
+08:27:55 <fmarier> what's the language code for slovenian again?
+08:27:59 <anitsirk> #action anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it the owner of the mahara translation
+08:28:10 <anzeljg> but i would still be the Slovenian Mahara maintainer???
+08:28:14 <anzeljg> the code is sl
+08:28:21 <fmarier> #link https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-sl
+08:28:28 <fmarier> we could use that team
+08:28:31 <anzeljg> sl = Slovenina, si = Slovenia to be exact
+08:28:45 <anzeljg> sl =Slovenian, sorry
+08:28:55 <fmarier> and yes, you'd still be the slovenian mahara translator, but anybody in that team could help out if they wanted
+08:29:13 <anzeljg> not translator, i meant maintainer
+08:29:14 <anitsirk> so would it be anzeljg who approves any items under "needs review"?
+08:29:28 <fmarier> of course, we'd wait until you were in that team before switching it over :)
+08:29:28 <anzeljg> that's my question, thanks anitsirk
+08:29:42 <rkabalin_> back to my point
+08:29:45 <fmarier> anitsirk: i'm not sure how that works, i've never joined a team
+08:29:49 <anitsirk> i haven't quite figured that one out yet who can do what
+08:29:52 <fmarier> (a translation team)
+08:30:37 <rkabalin_> using Slovenian group example, may launchpad Slovenian group reject the ownership of Mahara translators?
+08:30:40 <anzeljg> I am waiting approval for "Slovenian Launchpad translation team"
+08:30:50 <anitsirk> mhh. because now that heinz is not the translator for the german lang pack anymore :-( we had a great number of people interested in helping out :-) Yippie. however, with so many new people i fear that we might get a bunch of inconsistencies in that could confuse users if there is no person to keep an eye on the big picture
+08:31:52 <anitsirk> #help who would approve lang strings marked for review in a translation if we assign the launchpad translators group as the owner of the mahara translation?
+08:31:54 <fmarier> rkabalin_: it hasn't happened yet that a translation team asked to be removed
+08:31:55 <richardm> if anzeljg were to join the lp-l10n-sl team, he would be able to approve the stuff that needs reviewing, but so would anyone else on the team
+08:32:43 <anitsirk> #info anyone from a translation team can approve strings that need reviewing
+08:32:56 <rkabalin_> you may add Russian one as well then, I am already a member of it, and remove Mahara Russian treanslators
+08:33:14 <fmarier> if a translation maintainer notices that a translation team has lead to inconsistency and a lower quality of the translation, then we can always change it back to a Mahara-specific translation team
+08:33:34 <anitsirk> #info if a translation maintainer notices that a translation team has lead to inconsistency and a lower quality of the translation, then we can always change it back to a Mahara-specific translation team
+08:33:51 <anitsirk> fmarier: where do we see who the maintainer of a lang pack is? on the mahara translation page?
+08:33:59 <anitsirk> … in launchpad?
+08:34:16 <fmarier> https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/mahara-translation-group
+08:35:02 <fmarier> rkabalin_: this one? https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ru
+08:35:09 <anitsirk> if anzeljg joins the Slovenian translators, he wouldn't be mentioned anymore though.
+08:35:41 <fmarier> no, we can still see which individuals have actually translated things
+08:35:48 <anitsirk> oh. i hope we don't kick anzeljg out when we mention his name
+08:36:28 <anzeljg> one question: what if I don't get approved, see: https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-sl/+members#active (application dates)?
+08:36:31 <anitsirk> fmarier: but we would not see which maharian feels most responsible
+08:37:28 <fmarier> https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+details
+08:37:50 <richardm> anzeljg: we don't switch unless/until you're approved
+08:37:53 <rkabalin_> fmarier: https://launchpad.net/~mahara-lang-ru < this one needs to be assigned instead of https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ru
+08:38:24 <anzeljg> ok
+08:38:25 <rkabalin_> ah, sorry ignore me
+08:38:41 <fmarier> rkabalin_: i just switched them
+08:38:51 <fmarier> it was the mahara one, now it's the lp one
+08:39:03 <elky> https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+filter?person=gregor-anzelj
+08:39:14 <elky> shows how many strings in the pot
+08:39:54 <anitsirk> #info the general launchpad russian translator team is now used for the russian mahara translation https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ru
+08:40:11 <anitsirk> fmarier: instead of making action items for you i wait until you are done and give it an info ;-)
+08:40:19 <anzeljg> elky: cool, didn't know that it exists...
+08:40:27 <fmarier> anitsirk: :)
+08:40:32 <elky> anzeljg, :)
+08:40:57 <elky> so we can tell the 5000 string translator from the 5 string translator :)
+08:42:03 <dobedobedoh> sorry ;) We just don't call them Resumes!
+08:42:29 <anitsirk> shall we agree that we use the general launchpad translators group for a lang pack unless there are reasons not to do so?
+08:42:41 <elky> yup
+08:42:44 <anzeljg> +1
+08:42:54 <fmarier> anitsirk: groups (plural)
+08:43:19 <anitsirk> fmarier: can we assign multiple groups to one translation?
+08:43:21 <anzeljg> fmarier: don't even start ;)
+08:43:22 <fmarier> not to be confused with Launchpad Translators which we need everybody to agree to
+08:43:48 <fmarier> sorry, not groups, but rather, teams
+08:44:09 <fmarier> translation group = list of assignments between language and team
+08:44:26 <anitsirk> #rephrase: we we use the general launchpad translators teams for the mahara lang packs unless there are reasons not to do so
+08:44:44 <fmarier> so we'll use the most active lp teams for each language unless there's a reason for using a different one for a given mahara translation
+08:45:08 * fmarier is being pedantic
+08:45:21 <anitsirk> fmarier: no much better and to the point
+08:45:52 <anitsirk> #agreed we'll use the most active launchpad teams for each language unless there's a reason for using a different one for a given mahara translation
+08:46:36 <anitsirk> and many thanks to all the translators who have so far shouldered all strings themselves (and many will probably continue to do so)
+08:46:56 <fmarier> +1 to that
+08:47:10 <fmarier> translators are awesome
+08:47:34 <anitsirk> +1
+08:47:39 <anzeljg> you guys are awesome too
+08:47:44 <elky> and you can find them by tripping over people in other places on the internet.
+08:47:56 <richardm> btw, I guess I failed to follow that policy today when I assigned the finnish guy individually, but I also sent him an email to ask him what he wants
+08:48:16 <richardm> waiting on a reply at the moment
+08:48:31 <fmarier> you should probably suggest the lp-l10n-fi team if it exists
+08:48:56 <fmarier> has he updated the translation recently?
+08:49:05 <fmarier> i thought ar and fi were very out of date
+08:49:12 <richardm> Yep, that's the team i suggested
+08:49:38 <anitsirk> anything else on this topic?
+08:49:40 <richardm> He has a habit of doing it once, every time his site upgrades
+08:50:03 <richardm> nope
+08:50:16 <fmarier> would be good to give other people the ability to help out in between releases then
+08:51:12 <elky> oh btw, everyone's fallen behind greek for completeness
+08:51:19 <elky> they're at 100%
+08:51:34 <dobedobedoh> thing is, not all languages need the full 100%
+08:51:37 <dobedobedoh> e.g. english
+08:51:55 <anzeljg> but there are more people translation nto greek, and only one guy to translate to slovenian + develop thinkgs ;)
+08:52:06 <anzeljg> translationg into...
+08:52:10 <anzeljg> ..
+08:52:12 <anzeljg> ;)
+08:52:23 * fmarier is done
+08:52:25 <anzeljg> i can't type anymore!
+08:52:39 <anitsirk> then let's move on :-)
+08:52:39 <anitsirk> #topic Next meeting and Chair
+08:52:40 <anitsirk> What about April 24, 2012 at 19:30 UTC? http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T1930
+08:52:41 <anitsirk> I know this is very early for most in NZ, but with the daylight savings time changes going later might be tough on anzeljg and potentially others in his time zone
+08:53:27 <anzeljg> I have small kids and need to get them to bed, so it should be fine
+08:53:48 <anzeljg> could you add Ljubljana/Slovenia into that list?
+08:54:30 <fmarier> anzeljg: it's a proprietary service we don't control, so we can't change anything on there
+08:54:38 <anzeljg> :(
+08:54:46 <anitsirk> anzeljg: sorry. i can't edit that list
+08:54:57 * anzeljg understands...
+08:55:02 <rkabalin_> april 24th is fine with me
+08:55:06 <dobedobedoh> Works for me
+08:55:09 <elky> i must say, i do like their redesign
+08:55:11 <anitsirk> anzeljg: would 30 min. later then be ok. i think some here might like that better ;-)
+08:55:18 <dobedobedoh> Do we have enough to discuss to still hold monthly meets, or should we consider less frequent?
+08:55:23 <anzeljg> no problem for me...
+08:55:56 <fmarier> it could be every 6 weeks
+08:56:05 <anzeljg> agree
+08:56:06 <anitsirk> +1
+08:56:22 <anitsirk> unless we want to keep the meeting time short to about 1 hour
+08:56:48 <anitsirk> today's list of topics seems to be the right length and we are just a bit over 1 hour
+08:56:53 <fmarier> that's another very good idea: frequent meetings but strict cap on number of hours
+08:57:03 <fmarier> s/hours/minutes/
+08:57:18 <anitsirk> i prefer shorter but more focused meetings instead of 2 hour ones
+08:57:18 <anzeljg> i agree on about 1 hour per meeting
+08:57:35 <anzeljg> +1
+08:57:42 <rkabalin_> +1
+08:58:00 <fmarier> so we need the next chair to be a very strict one ;)
+08:58:15 <anitsirk> back to the question then though: still the 24th or 2 weeks later?
+08:58:34 <anzeljg> 24th at 20:00 UTC
+08:58:49 <anitsirk> #idea http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20
+08:59:13 <dobedobedoh> Good for me
+08:59:29 <fmarier> wfm
+08:59:33 <elky> +1
+08:59:38 <richardm> +1
+08:59:44 <anitsirk> and i might be able to report from the MUG meeting that's 2 hours before then
+09:00:06 <anitsirk> #agreed: next meeting will be on April 24, 2012 at 20:00 UTC http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20
+09:00:16 <anitsirk> #help who wants to be chair?
+09:00:29 <fmarier> elky?
+09:00:53 <elky> at 8am? :(
+09:01:05 <elky> I can try
+09:01:53 <anitsirk> any other takers? once we suggested that the chair should come from a time zone when s/he is comfortable and not asleep ;-)
+09:02:09 <fmarier> a wise idea
+09:02:17 <anitsirk> ehm that was usually the evening for the chair in any time zone
+09:02:43 <anzeljg> anitsirk: what are you trying to tell
+09:02:52 <anitsirk> that doesn't sound right but i hope you get my drift. clearly, the evening is not for me.
+09:02:53 <dobedobedoh> I can take it
+09:03:06 <elky> woot!
+09:03:14 <anitsirk> anzeljg: heh. that's what i had feared.
+09:03:38 <anitsirk> NZ is usually wider awake in the evening, thus we chair the meetings that fall early morning for you.
+09:03:52 <dobedobedoh> It means that the chair doesn't have to get up super early to prepare
+09:04:08 <anzeljg> no, no...
+09:04:16 <elky> and gets coffee before they have to try run a meeting
+09:04:18 <anitsirk> dobedobedoh: thank you. may i take that as an agreed?
+09:04:28 <dobedobedoh> if that's fine with everyone else
+09:04:30 <anzeljg> I thought I was the only  one in that timezone, so she was thinking of me ;)
+09:05:01 <rkabalin_> I am in that timezone as well :)
+09:05:12 <anzeljg> silly me
+09:05:14 <anitsirk> anzeljg: you were the one super super late. that's why i didn't want to suggest a later time which would be better for NZ. but now we had already moved on to the chair :-)
+09:05:50 <anitsirk> rkabalin_ did you move?
+09:06:02 <rkabalin_> no, I am in the UK
+09:06:07 <dobedobedoh> rkabalin_ is sat opposite me ;)
+09:06:14 <anitsirk> ah, one hour behind anzeljg ;-)
+09:06:24 <elky> 1hr is close enough
+09:06:29 <anzeljg> ;)
+09:06:52 <anitsirk> ok. i don't see any objections to dobedobedoh chairing the next meeting.
+09:07:02 <anitsirk> ekly: we can keep you in mind for the one after that ;-)
+09:07:23 <elky> see also: http://xkcd.com/448/
+09:07:35 <anitsirk> #agreed: dobedobedoh is going to chair the 16th Mahara Developer Meeting.
+09:07:41 <anitsirk> #topic Any other business
+09:07:53 <anitsirk> i have a quick one
+09:07:57 <fmarier> i have one too
+09:08:06 <anitsirk> #info The 5th Newsletter will be out on April 1. I still take submissions for dev stories, new plugins etc. until the end of today UTC or tomorrow if I receive a quick message that about 150 words are on its way.
+09:08:16 <elky> april 1, eh?
+09:08:21 <anzeljg> nothing from me this time ;)))
+09:08:25 <anitsirk> sorry, fmarier: i thought i'd get mine out of the way.
+09:08:27 * elky grins evilly.
+09:08:28 <fmarier> that should be a hilarious newslette then :)
+09:08:36 <anitsirk> elky: hehe. it's most likely going to be the 2nd for us.
+09:08:41 <anitsirk> was like that last year, too.
+09:09:01 <rkabalin_> fmarier: yeah, like Mahara project is going to be aquired by Google
+09:09:01 <anitsirk> april 1 aussie time. that's why it shows 31st of march on the newsletter as the server is in texas
+09:09:07 <fmarier> you should have a "Mahara has been purchased by Blackboard" story in there :)
+09:09:22 <dobedobedoh> please no!
+09:09:36 <dobedobedoh> bah
+09:09:43 <elky> By Microsoft, then?
+09:09:45 <dobedobedoh> It's not even 01/04 and I've fallen for one
+09:09:57 <elky> hahah
+09:10:15 <rkabalin_> :)
+09:10:17 <elky> dobedobedoh, you saw the moodlerooms news?
+09:10:19 <anitsirk> dobedobedoh: it's probably been too early yet for you to see the press release
+09:10:40 <rkabalin_> dobedobedoh is too serious today ;)
+09:10:44 <dobedobedoh> I've read it all
+09:10:47 <anitsirk> it is e.g. http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/26/4367794/blackboard-acquires-moodlerooms.html
+09:10:51 <dobedobedoh> and netspot
+09:11:20 * dobedobedoh is too tired today
+09:12:02 <anitsirk> doesn't seem to be anyone shouting out that they'll have something for me for the newsletter (except anzeljg who said something already earlier). so should we move to fmarier's topic?
+09:12:33 <rkabalin_> yep
+09:12:37 <fmarier> My "other business" item is that this is will be my last mahara meeting as a Catalyst employee.
+09:13:02 <anitsirk> #info it's the last mahara dev meeting for fmarier als catalyst employee
+09:13:12 <anitsirk> :-((
+09:13:20 <fmarier> i've got two weeks left and then i'm off to Auckland
+09:13:34 <dobedobedoh> Congratulations! What will you be doing there?
+09:13:43 <elky> you're down to a week and a half, actually :P
+09:13:46 <anzeljg> Moodle HQ?
+09:13:58 <fmarier> I'll be working for the Identity team at Mozilla
+09:14:22 <fmarier> (i.e. not working on Firefox directly)
+09:14:37 <dan_p> congrats!
+09:14:39 <elky> Aww, i was lining up lots of firefox bugs to send you :P
+09:14:45 <elky> (not really)
+09:14:51 <fmarier> dan_p: thanks!
+09:14:55 <anzeljg> all the best!
+09:15:05 <fmarier> elky: bugzilla.mozilla.org :-P
+09:15:27 <rkabalin_> fmarier: congratulations!
+09:15:37 * elky edits her hosts file...
+09:15:38 <anitsirk> i'm excited for you, fmarier though i'll miss chatting to you and learning from you (gotta read your blog more often now)
+09:15:52 <anzeljg> fmarier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkBEEABrj8
+09:16:03 <elky> anitsirk, it's the definition of bittersweet, really.
+09:16:48 <anzeljg> everybody leaving: first Heinz, now Fmarier...
+09:18:03 <richardm> fmarier: so does the "as a catalyst employee" bit mean you intend to be in the next meeting too? :)
+09:18:05 <fmarier> that's the normal cycle of life. some people leave, new people join...
+09:18:10 <elky> at least he's going off to make everyone's internet more awesome
+09:18:24 <anitsirk> anzeljg: we had a new developer starting today and elky is taking over some things
+09:18:37 <fmarier> richardm: i'll try to make it to the meeting. i should be able to
+09:18:54 <anitsirk> :-)
+09:19:03 <elky> I'm fulltime on mahara now, i was doing other stuff as well previously
+09:19:14 <anzeljg> nice
+09:21:22 <anitsirk> i don't want to cut the tears and cheers short (we'll see fmarier around :-) ), but maybe if there is nothing else, we should come to a close?
+09:21:58 <elky> wow, nearly 2 hours, i think so!
+09:22:26 <anitsirk> thank you all for coming and participating.
+09:22:28 <anitsirk> #endmeeting
+ diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.log.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.log.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..6525a07da651c25de4bdbc4a6c50a18829a24891 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.log.txt @@ -0,0 +1,428 @@ +07:41:27 #startmeeting +07:41:27 Meeting started Tue Mar 27 07:41:27 2012 UTC. The chair is anitsirk. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. +07:41:27 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic. +07:41:29 Seems that one of the irc nodes was down and supybot isn't very good at DNS roundrobin failover +07:41:35 Welcome to the 15th Mahara Developer Meeting. If you could please start a new line with #info and state your name and location please. +07:41:49 #info anitsirk = Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ +07:41:51 #info anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and developer, Ljubljana, Slovenia +07:41:52 #info Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University +07:41:58 #info fmarier is Francois Marier +07:42:04 #info richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand +07:42:09 #info Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK +07:42:24 #info elky is melissa draper, Catalyst IT +07:42:44 #topic Items from last meeting +07:43:08 #info all action items were related to checking bugs before freezing mahara 1.5. thus nothing to report. +07:43:20 #topic Triggers in Mahara (Richard) +07:43:24 over to you, richardm +07:43:28 we have an RC, yay! +07:43:43 round of applause for elky +07:43:51 oh. sorry. pop. that was the champagne cork :-) +07:43:59 Well done! +07:43:59 yay me! +07:44:03 yay! +07:44:06 Ace :) Well done all +07:44:07 anitsirk: drinking in the office? ;-) +07:44:13 nope. i'm at home +07:44:20 Don't drink and root ;) +07:44:38 :-) +07:45:02 So with the triggers, I just wanted to mention that we have a function to create db triggers, should anyone need them +07:45:18 Thanks to rkabalin_'s review :) +07:45:22 #info mahara has a function to create db triggers if needed +07:46:02 richardm: what sort of things do you expect triggers will be useful for? +07:46:12 I guess I don't need to say much more, if you feel like you need to use them, read the function in lib/dml.php +07:46:22 but for our case +07:47:01 after a ton of toing & froing we decided to cache counts of unread notifications in the user table +07:47:22 (because reading the notification_internal_activity was generating tons of slow queries) +07:48:19 so i guess it's useful when a db field's value is completely determined by some other thing in the db +07:49:00 i'm not aware of anything else we should use them for yet, but people should know they're there +07:49:01 How do we upgrade if trigger needs to be changed +07:49:03 ? +07:49:03 .. +07:49:11 drop & recreate +07:49:38 OK, that is how I expected +07:50:09 .. +07:50:15 #info If a trigger needs to be changed, you drop and recreate +07:50:15 so there's a db_drop_trigger function which is not used anywhere yet +07:50:25 but that's what you need to use +07:50:45 .. +07:50:48 #info the db_drop_trigger function would need to be used for that +07:51:13 that's all from me, anitsirk +07:51:30 any other questions or comments for this topic before we move on? +07:51:55 fmarier: you are up next. +07:51:56 #topic Upstream status of Dwoo (Francois) +07:51:57 #info https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088 triggered the topic +07:51:57 nothing from me +07:51:58 #link https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088 +07:52:29 indeed, Mjollnir` told us that she was looking for a new maintainer for the dwoo debian package and pointed to that tweet +07:53:13 so i guess the question is: if dwoo is not going to be maintained much in the future, should we keep using it or should we look at switching to something else? +07:53:28 * fmarier doesn't know much about other php templating systems +07:53:41 #info Mjollnir` was looking for a new maintainer for the dwoo debian package +07:53:46 We could maintain it as a part of Mahara +07:54:07 yeah, that's an option. we did that with pieforms +07:54:08 (not as standalone thing) +07:54:27 #help: if dwoo is not going to be maintained much in the future, should we keep using it or should we look at switching to something else? +07:54:32 we could switch to the new one that seldaek is working on if/when we need to +07:54:39 We've already changed the templating engine underneath people once, and it can be quite expensive for our users to rewrite their customisations :\ +07:54:39 i forget what it's called +07:54:51 richardm: ah, that's why he's dropping dwoo? +07:55:08 yeah he has a blog post on it somewhere +07:55:16 dobedobedoh: except that last time we didn't really have to change much when we switched away from smarty +07:55:21 true +07:55:47 are they any big templating systems for php or is it just homebrewed things from various developers? +07:56:04 #idea we could switch but that could be expensive to rewrite customizations +07:56:48 fmarier, not that i can think of off the top of my head +07:57:00 #help are there any big templating systems for php or is it just homebrewed things from various developers? +07:57:20 I think we should keep Dwoo, as it entirely meets our requirements at the moment and maintain it as a part of Mahara. If someone wants to use it separately, that person could easily do that +07:57:36 ok, well, i don't have much more to say on this topic. we don't have an immediate action to take on this, but i just wanted to throw it out there +07:57:57 #idea from rkabalin_ : I think we should keep Dwoo, as it entirely meets our requirements at the moment and maintain it as a part of Mahara. +07:58:24 do we have to action something right away or would something have to go on to the more long term todo list? +07:58:50 i think rkabalin_'s suggestion of doing nothing until we have a good reason to switch is fine +07:59:00 review the situation at the beginning of each cycle, probably +07:59:10 I think I found it: http://symfony.com/ +07:59:12 fmarier: yeap, that what I meant +07:59:28 review the situation if we learn of a better templating system and bring it up at a meeting +07:59:39 symfony is a whole framework i think +07:59:41 ah yeah symfony, that's the one +07:59:47 sumfony is MVC framework, not just a templating thingy +07:59:50 that's more than a templating engine by the looks +07:59:55 symfony is a whole framework +07:59:58 yeah, that would be a massive rewrite of mahara :) +08:00:01 do you agree on what rkabalin_ suggested and fmarier summarized? +08:00:03 (It's quite nice to use) +08:00:04 yeahno +08:00:13 anitsirk: yea, I agree +08:00:22 here +08:00:30 it's twig that he switched to +08:00:53 it's included in symfony but it's also a standalone templating system +08:00:54 Mjollnir`: any idea what the reason for the switch is? +08:01:21 i guess he got involved in symfony for other reasons anyway +08:01:27 #link http://twig.sensiolabs.org/ +08:01:27 #link http://twig.sensiolabs.org/ +08:01:32 that looks nice +08:01:38 fwiw, i really like twig +08:01:45 i'll create a wishlist bug for it +08:02:03 Looks like it wouldn't be to much of a switch, and hopefully it would be maintained if it's being used with symfony +08:02:20 but moving from smarty to dwoo we didn't change any templates really. otoh we didn't really take advantage of using dwoo over smarty for that reason ... +08:02:45 yeah the only advantage we got out of using dwoo was the auto-escaping +08:02:57 yeah. +08:03:10 but jordi is not doing releases iirc, you'd have to track git +08:03:15 #action fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating system +08:04:21 lack of security support at some point in the future might be a reason to switch +08:04:33 #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001 +08:04:35 Mjollnir`: do you reckon jordi would be keen to do the work switch mahara to twig (like he did with dwoo) +08:04:35 Launchpad bug 966001 in mahara "Switch templating system from dwoo to twig" [Wishlist,Triaged] +08:04:53 richardm: no +08:05:05 richardm: i don't think jordi is directly involved in twig at all +08:05:13 he's just not maintaining dwoo anymore because he's using symfony +08:06:18 If we do a rewrite, we should stop calling the template engine $smarty +08:07:14 Mybe we should call it $template (in cas we switch again in the future)? +08:07:35 or $notsmarty ;-) +08:07:47 anyways, that's all i had +08:07:48 I'm thinking $templator or something akin +08:07:51 twig syntax is based on whatever django uses for templates by the way +08:07:59 thank you very much Mjollnir` for jumping in +08:08:13 I suggest to keep it $smarty :) +08:08:16 * fmarier loves Django +08:08:24 For historical reasons +08:08:39 uh oh +08:08:42 http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php +08:08:46 so, everyone will keep asking why it is called smarty :) +08:09:01 sorry. back again +08:09:10 #link http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php +08:10:00 fmarier: no worries, you highlight me, i appear :) +08:10:00 shall we move on? +08:10:10 * Mjollnir` goes back to idling +08:10:15 sure +08:10:22 Mjollnir`: thanks for stopping by +08:10:26 yup +08:10:29 http://wiki.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/FAQ2#Who.27s_that_Smarty_guy.3F +08:10:44 #topic Should CIA commit go on #mahara-dev? (Francois) +08:10:44 #info http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html for background reading on the topic +08:10:45 #link http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html +08:10:58 fmarier: you are up again :-) +08:11:12 +1 for me on this +08:11:25 so that's a quick one: #mahara-commits currently has notices whenever something is merged from gerrit +08:11:35 should we move these notices to #mahara-dev ? +08:11:39 this is really cool :-) +08:11:44 or do people prefer a separate channel for them ? +08:11:50 .. +08:12:01 #info #mahara-commits currently has notices whenever something is merged from gerrit +08:12:02 We used to have them on #mahara-dev and I think it helped to keep up with what was going on +08:12:12 i was thinking about putting maharabug in there to catch the bug numbers in the commit lines, this would be better i think +08:12:23 anybody object? +08:12:29 not me +08:12:34 I agree +08:12:34 nope +08:12:58 ok, then I guess I get an action to move it to the other channel :) +08:13:07 #agreed CIA commits currently on #mahara-cmmits move to #mahara-dev +08:13:22 #action fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to #mahara-dev +08:13:54 then let's go to the next topic, fmarier and richardm +08:13:56 #topic Update on how we give access to new translators (Francois & Richard) +08:14:24 tip: if you put an #info at the beginning of your line, you won't have me repeating you ;-) +08:14:48 FBI is missing... +08:14:54 heh +08:15:06 that was my action item :) +08:15:13 i know! +08:15:18 mayeb i should rename maharabug, anzeljg? +08:15:29 cool +08:15:43 and what will 007 do? +08:15:44 then we'll have the whole DHS with us +08:16:56 so, back to the translations? +08:16:58 fmarier and richardm: do you need a translator for the current topic? ;-) +08:17:08 mogoče pa res.. +08:17:51 Richard and I have been discussing what might be the best way to assign translators to languages for Mahara +08:18:15 with the goal of attracting new translators if possible +08:18:39 elky, dobedobedoh and I also discussed that a few days ago +08:19:01 that was a fun evening. +08:19:18 richardm can correct me if i'm wrong but the long term goal is to make the translation group either open or to assign it to the Launchpad Translators group +08:19:43 fmarier: i thought you recommended Ubuntu Translators +08:20:10 #link https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-translators +08:20:21 richardm, launchpad-translators is even broader +08:20:27 richardm: no, this one is the one i was talking about +08:21:01 right, i noticed that for some languages, the ubuntu team is a member of the launchpad team, but for others, that's not the case +08:21:51 #idea make the translation group either open or assign it to the respective Launchpad Translators group +08:22:00 so ideally the owners of the mahara langpacks should be the teams in this list: https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/ +08:22:09 because they're the most active translation groups +08:22:31 and we should encourage our existing translators or prospective translators to join these groups +08:22:51 #idea ideally the owners of the mahara langpacks should be the teams in this list: https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/ because they are the most active translation groups +08:23:09 in some cases, the mahara translators prefer to have their own group. that's fine, but the default should be to use the existing launchpad groups i think +08:23:13 fmarier: that was very easy and quick in the german group. approval came within a day +08:23:42 anzeljg: as a translator, what do you think of that? +08:23:49 #info in some cases, the mahara translators prefer to have their own group. +08:23:59 anitsirk: yes, but i don't think it's like that for other languages, the portuguese one had ~40 pending members, so obviously harder to join it +08:24:13 lucky me :-) +08:24:50 richardm: did you have anything to add? +08:25:41 I think not every existing translatioer group will approve membership in Mahara langpacks +08:25:53 anzeljg, incase you missed it: anzeljg: as a translator, what do you think of that? +08:26:01 rkabalin_: what do you mean by that? +08:26:20 nope, sounds good to me, i guess we just need to note that *everyone* has to agree to join the launchpad group before we could ever switch our translation group to Launchpad Translatorss +08:26:23 not every translation group will want to own the mahara translation? +08:26:39 i don't have problems - i don't need to own my mahara translation group +08:26:39 richardm: indeed +08:26:52 i would love to have somebody to translate it with me, but... +08:27:01 We want to make every existing lunchpad translators group a member of mahara translatoers, right? +08:27:14 anzeljg: you wouldn't mind joining the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it the owner of the mahara translation? +08:27:22 no problem +08:27:55 what's the language code for slovenian again? +08:27:59 #action anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it the owner of the mahara translation +08:28:10 but i would still be the Slovenian Mahara maintainer??? +08:28:14 the code is sl +08:28:21 #link https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-sl +08:28:28 we could use that team +08:28:31 sl = Slovenina, si = Slovenia to be exact +08:28:45 sl =Slovenian, sorry +08:28:55 and yes, you'd still be the slovenian mahara translator, but anybody in that team could help out if they wanted +08:29:13 not translator, i meant maintainer +08:29:14 so would it be anzeljg who approves any items under "needs review"? +08:29:28 of course, we'd wait until you were in that team before switching it over :) +08:29:28 that's my question, thanks anitsirk +08:29:42 back to my point +08:29:45 anitsirk: i'm not sure how that works, i've never joined a team +08:29:49 i haven't quite figured that one out yet who can do what +08:29:52 (a translation team) +08:30:37 using Slovenian group example, may launchpad Slovenian group reject the ownership of Mahara translators? +08:30:40 I am waiting approval for "Slovenian Launchpad translation team" +08:30:50 mhh. because now that heinz is not the translator for the german lang pack anymore :-( we had a great number of people interested in helping out :-) Yippie. however, with so many new people i fear that we might get a bunch of inconsistencies in that could confuse users if there is no person to keep an eye on the big picture +08:31:52 #help who would approve lang strings marked for review in a translation if we assign the launchpad translators group as the owner of the mahara translation? +08:31:54 rkabalin_: it hasn't happened yet that a translation team asked to be removed +08:31:55 if anzeljg were to join the lp-l10n-sl team, he would be able to approve the stuff that needs reviewing, but so would anyone else on the team +08:32:43 #info anyone from a translation team can approve strings that need reviewing +08:32:56 you may add Russian one as well then, I am already a member of it, and remove Mahara Russian treanslators +08:33:14 if a translation maintainer notices that a translation team has lead to inconsistency and a lower quality of the translation, then we can always change it back to a Mahara-specific translation team +08:33:34 #info if a translation maintainer notices that a translation team has lead to inconsistency and a lower quality of the translation, then we can always change it back to a Mahara-specific translation team +08:33:51 fmarier: where do we see who the maintainer of a lang pack is? on the mahara translation page? +08:33:59 … in launchpad? +08:34:16 https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/mahara-translation-group +08:35:02 rkabalin_: this one? https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ru +08:35:09 if anzeljg joins the Slovenian translators, he wouldn't be mentioned anymore though. +08:35:41 no, we can still see which individuals have actually translated things +08:35:48 oh. i hope we don't kick anzeljg out when we mention his name +08:36:28 one question: what if I don't get approved, see: https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-sl/+members#active (application dates)? +08:36:31 fmarier: but we would not see which maharian feels most responsible +08:37:28 https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+details +08:37:50 anzeljg: we don't switch unless/until you're approved +08:37:53 fmarier: https://launchpad.net/~mahara-lang-ru < this one needs to be assigned instead of https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ru +08:38:24 ok +08:38:25 ah, sorry ignore me +08:38:41 rkabalin_: i just switched them +08:38:51 it was the mahara one, now it's the lp one +08:39:03 https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+filter?person=gregor-anzelj +08:39:14 shows how many strings in the pot +08:39:54 #info the general launchpad russian translator team is now used for the russian mahara translation https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ru +08:40:11 fmarier: instead of making action items for you i wait until you are done and give it an info ;-) +08:40:19 elky: cool, didn't know that it exists... +08:40:27 anitsirk: :) +08:40:32 anzeljg, :) +08:40:57 so we can tell the 5000 string translator from the 5 string translator :) +08:42:03 sorry ;) We just don't call them Resumes! +08:42:29 shall we agree that we use the general launchpad translators group for a lang pack unless there are reasons not to do so? +08:42:41 yup +08:42:44 +1 +08:42:54 anitsirk: groups (plural) +08:43:19 fmarier: can we assign multiple groups to one translation? +08:43:21 fmarier: don't even start ;) +08:43:22 not to be confused with Launchpad Translators which we need everybody to agree to +08:43:48 sorry, not groups, but rather, teams +08:44:09 translation group = list of assignments between language and team +08:44:26 #rephrase: we we use the general launchpad translators teams for the mahara lang packs unless there are reasons not to do so +08:44:44 so we'll use the most active lp teams for each language unless there's a reason for using a different one for a given mahara translation +08:45:08 * fmarier is being pedantic +08:45:21 fmarier: no much better and to the point +08:45:52 #agreed we'll use the most active launchpad teams for each language unless there's a reason for using a different one for a given mahara translation +08:46:36 and many thanks to all the translators who have so far shouldered all strings themselves (and many will probably continue to do so) +08:46:56 +1 to that +08:47:10 translators are awesome +08:47:34 +1 +08:47:39 you guys are awesome too +08:47:44 and you can find them by tripping over people in other places on the internet. +08:47:56 btw, I guess I failed to follow that policy today when I assigned the finnish guy individually, but I also sent him an email to ask him what he wants +08:48:16 waiting on a reply at the moment +08:48:31 you should probably suggest the lp-l10n-fi team if it exists +08:48:56 has he updated the translation recently? +08:49:05 i thought ar and fi were very out of date +08:49:12 Yep, that's the team i suggested +08:49:38 anything else on this topic? +08:49:40 He has a habit of doing it once, every time his site upgrades +08:50:03 nope +08:50:16 would be good to give other people the ability to help out in between releases then +08:51:12 oh btw, everyone's fallen behind greek for completeness +08:51:19 they're at 100% +08:51:34 thing is, not all languages need the full 100% +08:51:37 e.g. english +08:51:55 but there are more people translation nto greek, and only one guy to translate to slovenian + develop thinkgs ;) +08:52:06 translationg into... +08:52:10 .. +08:52:12 ;) +08:52:23 * fmarier is done +08:52:25 i can't type anymore! +08:52:39 then let's move on :-) +08:52:39 #topic Next meeting and Chair +08:52:40 What about April 24, 2012 at 19:30 UTC? http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T1930 +08:52:41 I know this is very early for most in NZ, but with the daylight savings time changes going later might be tough on anzeljg and potentially others in his time zone +08:53:27 I have small kids and need to get them to bed, so it should be fine +08:53:48 could you add Ljubljana/Slovenia into that list? +08:54:30 anzeljg: it's a proprietary service we don't control, so we can't change anything on there +08:54:38 :( +08:54:46 anzeljg: sorry. i can't edit that list +08:54:57 * anzeljg understands... +08:55:02 april 24th is fine with me +08:55:06 Works for me +08:55:09 i must say, i do like their redesign +08:55:11 anzeljg: would 30 min. later then be ok. i think some here might like that better ;-) +08:55:18 Do we have enough to discuss to still hold monthly meets, or should we consider less frequent? +08:55:23 no problem for me... +08:55:56 it could be every 6 weeks +08:56:05 agree +08:56:06 +1 +08:56:22 unless we want to keep the meeting time short to about 1 hour +08:56:48 today's list of topics seems to be the right length and we are just a bit over 1 hour +08:56:53 that's another very good idea: frequent meetings but strict cap on number of hours +08:57:03 s/hours/minutes/ +08:57:18 i prefer shorter but more focused meetings instead of 2 hour ones +08:57:18 i agree on about 1 hour per meeting +08:57:35 +1 +08:57:42 +1 +08:58:00 so we need the next chair to be a very strict one ;) +08:58:15 back to the question then though: still the 24th or 2 weeks later? +08:58:34 24th at 20:00 UTC +08:58:49 #idea http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20 +08:59:13 Good for me +08:59:29 wfm +08:59:33 +1 +08:59:38 +1 +08:59:44 and i might be able to report from the MUG meeting that's 2 hours before then +09:00:06 #agreed: next meeting will be on April 24, 2012 at 20:00 UTC http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20 +09:00:16 #help who wants to be chair? +09:00:29 elky? +09:00:53 at 8am? :( +09:01:05 I can try +09:01:53 any other takers? once we suggested that the chair should come from a time zone when s/he is comfortable and not asleep ;-) +09:02:09 a wise idea +09:02:17 ehm that was usually the evening for the chair in any time zone +09:02:43 anitsirk: what are you trying to tell +09:02:52 that doesn't sound right but i hope you get my drift. clearly, the evening is not for me. +09:02:53 I can take it +09:03:06 woot! +09:03:14 anzeljg: heh. that's what i had feared. +09:03:38 NZ is usually wider awake in the evening, thus we chair the meetings that fall early morning for you. +09:03:52 It means that the chair doesn't have to get up super early to prepare +09:04:08 no, no... +09:04:16 and gets coffee before they have to try run a meeting +09:04:18 dobedobedoh: thank you. may i take that as an agreed? +09:04:28 if that's fine with everyone else +09:04:30 I thought I was the only one in that timezone, so she was thinking of me ;) +09:05:01 I am in that timezone as well :) +09:05:12 silly me +09:05:14 anzeljg: you were the one super super late. that's why i didn't want to suggest a later time which would be better for NZ. but now we had already moved on to the chair :-) +09:05:50 rkabalin_ did you move? +09:06:02 no, I am in the UK +09:06:07 rkabalin_ is sat opposite me ;) +09:06:14 ah, one hour behind anzeljg ;-) +09:06:24 1hr is close enough +09:06:29 ;) +09:06:52 ok. i don't see any objections to dobedobedoh chairing the next meeting. +09:07:02 ekly: we can keep you in mind for the one after that ;-) +09:07:23 see also: http://xkcd.com/448/ +09:07:35 #agreed: dobedobedoh is going to chair the 16th Mahara Developer Meeting. +09:07:41 #topic Any other business +09:07:53 i have a quick one +09:07:57 i have one too +09:08:06 #info The 5th Newsletter will be out on April 1. I still take submissions for dev stories, new plugins etc. until the end of today UTC or tomorrow if I receive a quick message that about 150 words are on its way. +09:08:16 april 1, eh? +09:08:21 nothing from me this time ;))) +09:08:25 sorry, fmarier: i thought i'd get mine out of the way. +09:08:27 * elky grins evilly. +09:08:28 that should be a hilarious newslette then :) +09:08:36 elky: hehe. it's most likely going to be the 2nd for us. +09:08:41 was like that last year, too. +09:09:01 fmarier: yeah, like Mahara project is going to be aquired by Google +09:09:01 april 1 aussie time. that's why it shows 31st of march on the newsletter as the server is in texas +09:09:07 you should have a "Mahara has been purchased by Blackboard" story in there :) +09:09:22 please no! +09:09:36 bah +09:09:43 By Microsoft, then? +09:09:45 It's not even 01/04 and I've fallen for one +09:09:57 hahah +09:10:15 :) +09:10:17 dobedobedoh, you saw the moodlerooms news? +09:10:19 dobedobedoh: it's probably been too early yet for you to see the press release +09:10:40 dobedobedoh is too serious today ;) +09:10:44 I've read it all +09:10:47 it is e.g. http://www.sacbee.com/2012/03/26/4367794/blackboard-acquires-moodlerooms.html +09:10:51 and netspot +09:11:20 * dobedobedoh is too tired today +09:12:02 doesn't seem to be anyone shouting out that they'll have something for me for the newsletter (except anzeljg who said something already earlier). so should we move to fmarier's topic? +09:12:33 yep +09:12:37 My "other business" item is that this is will be my last mahara meeting as a Catalyst employee. +09:13:02 #info it's the last mahara dev meeting for fmarier als catalyst employee +09:13:12 :-(( +09:13:20 i've got two weeks left and then i'm off to Auckland +09:13:34 Congratulations! What will you be doing there? +09:13:43 you're down to a week and a half, actually :P +09:13:46 Moodle HQ? +09:13:58 I'll be working for the Identity team at Mozilla +09:14:22 (i.e. not working on Firefox directly) +09:14:37 congrats! +09:14:39 Aww, i was lining up lots of firefox bugs to send you :P +09:14:45 (not really) +09:14:51 dan_p: thanks! +09:14:55 all the best! +09:15:05 elky: bugzilla.mozilla.org :-P +09:15:27 fmarier: congratulations! +09:15:37 * elky edits her hosts file... +09:15:38 i'm excited for you, fmarier though i'll miss chatting to you and learning from you (gotta read your blog more often now) +09:15:52 fmarier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkBEEABrj8 +09:16:03 anitsirk, it's the definition of bittersweet, really. +09:16:48 everybody leaving: first Heinz, now Fmarier... +09:18:03 fmarier: so does the "as a catalyst employee" bit mean you intend to be in the next meeting too? :) +09:18:05 that's the normal cycle of life. some people leave, new people join... +09:18:10 at least he's going off to make everyone's internet more awesome +09:18:24 anzeljg: we had a new developer starting today and elky is taking over some things +09:18:37 richardm: i'll try to make it to the meeting. i should be able to +09:18:54 :-) +09:19:03 I'm fulltime on mahara now, i was doing other stuff as well previously +09:19:14 nice +09:21:22 i don't want to cut the tears and cheers short (we'll see fmarier around :-) ), but maybe if there is nothing else, we should come to a close? +09:21:58 wow, nearly 2 hours, i think so! +09:22:26 thank you all for coming and participating. +09:22:28 #endmeeting \ No newline at end of file diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..32292808dfb9970f50d6f4293afd44ae2b12dd69 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.txt @@ -0,0 +1,193 @@ +=================== +#mahara-dev Meeting +=================== + + +Meeting started by anitsirk at 07:41:27 UTC. The full logs are available +at +http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-03-27-07.41.log.html +. + + + +Meeting summary +--------------- +* anitsirk = Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ (anitsirk, + 07:41:49) +* anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, translator and developer, Ljubljana, + Slovenia (anzeljg, 07:41:51) +* Andrew Nicols - Lancaster University (dobedobedoh, 07:41:52) +* fmarier is Francois Marier (fmarier, 07:41:58) +* richardm is Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT, Wellington, New Zealand + (richardm, 07:42:04) +* Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin_, 07:42:09) +* elky is melissa draper, Catalyst IT (elky, 07:42:24) +* Items from last meeting (anitsirk, 07:42:44) + * all action items were related to checking bugs before freezing + mahara 1.5. thus nothing to report. (anitsirk, 07:43:08) + +* Triggers in Mahara (Richard) (anitsirk, 07:43:20) + * mahara has a function to create db triggers if needed (anitsirk, + 07:45:22) + * If a trigger needs to be changed, you drop and recreate (anitsirk, + 07:50:15) + * the db_drop_trigger function would need to be used for that + (anitsirk, 07:50:48) + +* Upstream status of Dwoo (Francois) (anitsirk, 07:51:56) + * https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088 triggered + the topic (anitsirk, 07:51:57) + * LINK: https://twitter.com/#!/seldaek/status/167546484865241088 + (anitsirk, 07:51:58) + * Mjollnir` was looking for a new maintainer for the dwoo debian + package (anitsirk, 07:53:41) + * HELP: : if dwoo is not going to be maintained much in the future, + should we keep using it or should we look at switching to something + else? (anitsirk, 07:54:27) + * IDEA: we could switch but that could be expensive to rewrite + customizations (anitsirk, 07:56:04) + * HELP: are there any big templating systems for php or is it just + homebrewed things from various developers? (anitsirk, 07:57:00) + * IDEA: from rkabalin_ : I think we should keep Dwoo, as it entirely + meets our requirements at the moment and maintain it as a part of + Mahara. (anitsirk, 07:57:57) + * LINK: http://twig.sensiolabs.org/ (anzeljg, 08:01:27) + * LINK: http://twig.sensiolabs.org/ (fmarier, 08:01:27) + * ACTION: fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating + system (anitsirk, 08:03:15) + * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001 (fmarier, + 08:04:33) + * LINK: + http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php + (Mjollnir`, 08:08:42) + * LINK: + http://fabien.potencier.org/article/34/templating-engines-in-php + (fmarier, 08:09:10) + * LINK: + http://wiki.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/FAQ2#Who.27s_that_Smarty_guy.3F + (anzeljg, 08:10:29) + +* Should CIA commit go on #mahara-dev? (Francois) (anitsirk, 08:10:44) + * + http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html + for background reading on the topic (anitsirk, 08:10:44) + * LINK: + http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/03/watching-gerrit-merges-on-irc-using.html + (anitsirk, 08:10:45) + * #mahara-commits currently has notices whenever something is merged + from gerrit (anitsirk, 08:12:01) + * AGREED: CIA commits currently on #mahara-cmmits move to #mahara-dev + (anitsirk, 08:13:07) + * ACTION: fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to + #mahara-dev (anitsirk, 08:13:22) + +* Update on how we give access to new translators (Francois & Richard) + (anitsirk, 08:13:56) + * LINK: https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-translators (fmarier, + 08:20:10) + * IDEA: make the translation group either open or assign it to the + respective Launchpad Translators group (anitsirk, 08:21:51) + * IDEA: ideally the owners of the mahara langpacks should be the teams + in this list: + https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators/ + because they are the most active translation groups (anitsirk, + 08:22:51) + * in some cases, the mahara translators prefer to have their own + group. (anitsirk, 08:23:49) + * ACTION: anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we + could make it the owner of the mahara translation (anitsirk, + 08:27:59) + * LINK: https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-sl (fmarier, 08:28:21) + * HELP: who would approve lang strings marked for review in a + translation if we assign the launchpad translators group as the + owner of the mahara translation? (anitsirk, 08:31:52) + * anyone from a translation team can approve strings that need + reviewing (anitsirk, 08:32:43) + * if a translation maintainer notices that a translation team has lead + to inconsistency and a lower quality of the translation, then we can + always change it back to a Mahara-specific translation team + (anitsirk, 08:33:34) + * LINK: + https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/mahara-translation-group + (fmarier, 08:34:16) + * LINK: + https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+details + (fmarier, 08:37:28) + * LINK: + https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+filter?person=gregor-anzelj + (elky, 08:39:03) + * the general launchpad russian translator team is now used for the + russian mahara translation https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ru + (anitsirk, 08:39:54) + * AGREED: we'll use the most active launchpad teams for each language + unless there's a reason for using a different one for a given mahara + translation (anitsirk, 08:45:52) + +* Next meeting and Chair (anitsirk, 08:52:39) + * IDEA: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20 + (anitsirk, 08:58:49) + * AGREED: : next meeting will be on April 24, 2012 at 20:00 UTC + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=16th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20120424T20 + (anitsirk, 09:00:06) + * HELP: who wants to be chair? (anitsirk, 09:00:16) + * AGREED: : dobedobedoh is going to chair the 16th Mahara Developer + Meeting. (anitsirk, 09:07:35) + +* Any other business (anitsirk, 09:07:41) + * The 5th Newsletter will be out on April 1. I still take submissions + for dev stories, new plugins etc. until the end of today UTC or + tomorrow if I receive a quick message that about 150 words are on + its way. (anitsirk, 09:08:06) + * it's the last mahara dev meeting for fmarier als catalyst employee + (anitsirk, 09:13:02) + +Meeting ended at 09:22:28 UTC. + + + + +Action Items +------------ +* fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating system +* fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to #mahara-dev +* anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make it + the owner of the mahara translation + + + + +Action Items, by person +----------------------- +* anzeljg + * anzeljg joins the slovenian team on launchpad so that we could make + it the owner of the mahara translation +* fmarier + * fmarier to create a wishlist bug for twig as templating system + * fmarier to move CIA commits from #mahara-commits to #mahara-dev +* **UNASSIGNED** + * (none) + + + + +People Present (lines said) +--------------------------- +* anitsirk (114) +* fmarier (100) +* anzeljg (50) +* elky (45) +* richardm (35) +* rkabalin_ (33) +* dobedobedoh (31) +* Mjollnir` (16) +* maharameet (2) +* maharabug (1) +* dan_p (1) + + + + +Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 + +.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot