Commit 9cda493d authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 27th June 2012

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew.nicols@luns.net.uk>
parent 18988b0a
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev Meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev Meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by rkabalin at 20:03:47 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT,
Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-5'>anitsirk</a>,
20:04:12)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Andrew Nicols, Lancaster University, UK</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-7'>dobedobedoh</a>,
20:04:28)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-8'>rkabalin</a>,
20:04:33)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">richardm Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-9'>richardm</a>,
20:04:37)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">is Melissa Draper, Catalyst IT</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-12'>elky</a>,
20:04:48)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Items from last meeting</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-14'>rkabalin</a>, 20:05:29)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">3. melissa/elky to publish a dev forum post
about the 6 monthly release cycle</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-17'>rkabalin</a>,
20:06:55)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4547">https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4547</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-19'>anitsirk</a>,
20:08:12)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">Mahara
release cycle is set to fixed period of 6 month</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-75'>rkabalin</a>,
20:24:25)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the first release in the new shedule will be in
October</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-76'>rkabalin</a>,
20:25:12)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">minor point
release after security fix or major bug</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-96'>rkabalin</a>,
20:32:43)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Discuss/decide on style guidelines for CSS https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/1098/ Melissa/Hugh</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-109'>rkabalin</a>, 20:35:09)</span>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Google Apps block in Mahara 1.6? cf. https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4641 (Kristina)</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-115'>rkabalin</a>, 20:37:31)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">: the gist: i was wondering if we still need
the google apps block in 1.6 now that we have the safeiframe feature
and the admin interface to easily add any iframe base url (1.6
feature).</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-120'>anitsirk</a>,
20:38:35)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT Ltd</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-167'>hughdavenport</a>,
20:49:26)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">elky look
into removing google apps block from the core</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-176'>rkabalin</a>,
20:51:21)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://developers.google.com/safe-browsing/">https://developers.google.com/safe-browsing/</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-194'>elky</a>,
20:57:50)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">safeiframe
xss vulnerabilities discussion move to next meeting</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-203'>rkabalin</a>,
21:00:05)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Continued: Discuss/decide on style guidelines for CSS https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/1098/ Melissa/Hugh</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-210'>rkabalin</a>, 21:00:51)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">we need volunteers to edit the code guidelines
wiki page for other langs</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-233'>rkabalin</a>,
21:05:54)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_lawyer">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_lawyer</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-241'>elky</a>,
21:07:48)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span
class="ACTION">elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend
it to other than php</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-251'>rkabalin</a>,
21:09:56)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">hughdavenport: Discuss how long we support releases for and/or the posibility of a LTS release</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-255'>rkabalin</a>, 21:10:47)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">discussing possibility to support release for 2
years, will be phased in from next release. Re. existing, we drop
1.4 when 1.6 comes, 1.5 stays 2 years, 1.6 2 years, etc, optinally
1.5 can stay for 18 months</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-304'>rkabalin</a>,
21:21:44)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">support 3
versions back, 1.4 will go with 1.6, 1.5 will go with 1.8, 16 with
1.9</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-338'>rkabalin</a>,
21:30:30)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">next meeting / Chair</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-339'>rkabalin</a>, 21:30:52)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">next dev
meeting Tuesday, July 31st, 7:30 UTC</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-380'>rkabalin</a>,
21:41:11)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120731T0730">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120731T0730</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-386'>hughdavenport</a>,
21:42:52)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">elky chair
the next meeting (to be safe)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-403'>rkabalin</a>,
21:46:09)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">any other business</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html#l-405'>rkabalin</a>, 21:46:28)</span>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 21:53:18 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>elky look into removing google apps block from the core</li>
<li>safeiframe xss vulnerabilities discussion move to next meeting</li>
<li>elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than php</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items, by person</h3>
<ol>
<li> elky <ol>
<li>elky look into removing google apps block from the core</li>
<li>elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than php</li>
</ol></li>
<li> hughdavenport <ol>
<li>elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than php</li>
</ol></li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>elky (126)</li>
<li>rkabalin (109)</li>
<li>anitsirk (79)</li>
<li>hughdavenport (68)</li>
<li>dobedobedoh (37)</li>
<li>richardm (12)</li>
<li>maharameet (3)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by rkabalin at 20:03:47 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-06-27-20.03.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ (anitsirk,
20:04:12)
* Andrew Nicols, Lancaster University, UK (dobedobedoh, 20:04:28)
* Ruslan Kabalin - Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin, 20:04:33)
* richardm Richard Mansfield, Catalyst IT (richardm, 20:04:37)
* is Melissa Draper, Catalyst IT (elky, 20:04:48)
* Items from last meeting (rkabalin, 20:05:29)
* 3. melissa/elky to publish a dev forum post about the 6 monthly
release cycle (rkabalin, 20:06:55)
* LINK: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4547
(anitsirk, 20:08:12)
* AGREED: Mahara release cycle is set to fixed period of 6 month
(rkabalin, 20:24:25)
* the first release in the new shedule will be in October (rkabalin,
20:25:12)
* AGREED: minor point release after security fix or major bug
(rkabalin, 20:32:43)
* Discuss/decide on style guidelines for CSS
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/1098/ Melissa/Hugh (rkabalin,
20:35:09)
* Google Apps block in Mahara 1.6? cf.
https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4641 (Kristina)
(rkabalin, 20:37:31)
* : the gist: i was wondering if we still need the google apps block
in 1.6 now that we have the safeiframe feature and the admin
interface to easily add any iframe base url (1.6 feature).
(anitsirk, 20:38:35)
* is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT Ltd (hughdavenport, 20:49:26)
* ACTION: elky look into removing google apps block from the core
(rkabalin, 20:51:21)
* LINK: https://developers.google.com/safe-browsing/ (elky,
20:57:50)
* ACTION: safeiframe xss vulnerabilities discussion move to next
meeting (rkabalin, 21:00:05)
* Continued: Discuss/decide on style guidelines for CSS
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/1098/ Melissa/Hugh (rkabalin,
21:00:51)
* we need volunteers to edit the code guidelines wiki page for other
langs (rkabalin, 21:05:54)
* LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_lawyer (elky, 21:07:48)
* ACTION: elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to
other than php (rkabalin, 21:09:56)
* hughdavenport: Discuss how long we support releases for and/or the
posibility of a LTS release (rkabalin, 21:10:47)
* discussing possibility to support release for 2 years, will be
phased in from next release. Re. existing, we drop 1.4 when 1.6
comes, 1.5 stays 2 years, 1.6 2 years, etc, optinally 1.5 can stay
for 18 months (rkabalin, 21:21:44)
* AGREED: support 3 versions back, 1.4 will go with 1.6, 1.5 will go
with 1.8, 16 with 1.9 (rkabalin, 21:30:30)
* next meeting / Chair (rkabalin, 21:30:52)
* AGREED: next dev meeting Tuesday, July 31st, 7:30 UTC (rkabalin,
21:41:11)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120731T0730
(hughdavenport, 21:42:52)
* AGREED: elky chair the next meeting (to be safe) (rkabalin,
21:46:09)
* any other business (rkabalin, 21:46:28)
Meeting ended at 21:53:18 UTC.
Action Items
------------
* elky look into removing google apps block from the core
* safeiframe xss vulnerabilities discussion move to next meeting
* elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other than
php
Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* elky
* elky look into removing google apps block from the core
* elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other
than php
* hughdavenport
* elky/hughdavenport update code guidelines and extend it to other
than php
* **UNASSIGNED**
* safeiframe xss vulnerabilities discussion move to next meeting
People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* elky (126)
* rkabalin (109)
* anitsirk (79)
* hughdavenport (68)
* dobedobedoh (37)
* richardm (12)
* maharameet (3)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Markdown is supported
0%
or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment