Commit ab84624d authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[maharadev] Meeting of 16th April 2013

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew@nicols.co.uk>
parent aee6d95c
This diff is collapsed.
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by rkabalin at 08:02:23 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-04-16-08.02.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner at Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ
(anitsirk, 08:03:26)
* rkabalin - Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster University, UK (rkabalin,
08:03:49)
* aarow is Aaron Wells at Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ (aarow, 08:04:05)
* anzeljg is Gregor Anželj developer and translator from Ljubljana,
Slovenia (anzeljg, 08:04:06)
* Items from last meeting (rkabalin, 08:04:57)
* sonn2 will create development specification and security
investigation for replacing file browser with elfinder (rkabalin,
08:05:21)
* ACTION: sonn2 will create development specification and security
investigation for replacing file browser with elfinder (rkabalin,
08:07:00)
* Mahara Tech Lead (Kristina) (rkabalin, 08:08:46)
* Aaron Wells is the new tech lead for the Mahara Project. (rkabalin,
08:10:43)
* Dropping support for Debian/Ubuntu packages (Aaron) (rkabalin,
08:12:32)
* IDEA: Drop support for Debian and Ubuntu packages due to few users
and not enough developers to maintain the packages. (anitsirk,
08:20:50)
* If anyone wants to become the package maintainer, please let us
know. rkabalin and dobedobedoh will also discuss it. (anitsirk,
08:21:52)
* ACTION: rkabalin and dobedobedoh discuss if we have resources/time
to maintain Mahara Debian package and report on the next meeting
(rkabalin, 08:21:53)
* Security releases for 1.5 and 1.6 (Kristina) (rkabalin, 08:23:10)
* Mahara 1.5.9 and 1.6.4 were published on Monday, 15 April 2013, and
we encourage everyone to upgrade their system. (anitsirk, 08:23:20)
* more info at https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5365
(anitsirk, 08:24:33)
* LINK: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5365
(anitsirk, 08:24:51)
* Release of Mahara 1.7 (Aaron, Kristina) (rkabalin, 08:25:39)
* Mahara 1.7 stable will be released this week. We are working on
getting the last bits and pieces together. (anitsirk, 08:26:14)
* new features can be discovered on the bug tracker or in the manual
at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.7/genindex.html#N and then "New in
Mahara 1.7". (anitsirk, 08:26:36)
* Pluggable page layouts? (Aaron) (rkabalin, 08:29:27)
* LINK: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5360
(anitsirk, 08:31:06)
* IDEA: Make page layouts another plugin type to be more flexible.
This goes back to the discussion in
https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5360 about masonry
style or one that is more known to Mahara users. (anitsirk,
08:34:46)
* ACTION: Aaron to look into the feasibility of a common CSS
"abstraction layer" for multiple layout plugins (aarow, 08:40:21)
* clarification on the layout by rkabalin: whaever layout plugin you
are using, it should always produce consistent elements and styles.
Location, size might be different, but say column should always be
"div" with class "column", irrespective of layout... (anitsirk,
08:45:23)
* Next meeting and chair (rkabalin, 08:46:03)
* The 26th Mahara Developer Meeting will be held on the 28th of May at
8 p.m. UTC (rkabalin, 08:52:59)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=26th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20130528T20
(rkabalin, 08:53:09)
* anitsirk will chair next 26th Mahara developers meeting (rkabalin,
08:55:21)
* Any other business (rkabalin, 08:55:39)
* Mahara gear available at http://cafepress.com/mahara to show your
support and / or way of contributing to the project (anitsirk,
08:58:42)
Meeting ended at 09:07:18 UTC.
Action Items
------------
* sonn2 will create development specification and security investigation
for replacing file browser with elfinder
* rkabalin and dobedobedoh discuss if we have resources/time to maintain
Mahara Debian package and report on the next meeting
* Aaron to look into the feasibility of a common CSS "abstraction layer"
for multiple layout plugins
Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* dobedobedoh
* rkabalin and dobedobedoh discuss if we have resources/time to
maintain Mahara Debian package and report on the next meeting
* rkabalin
* rkabalin and dobedobedoh discuss if we have resources/time to
maintain Mahara Debian package and report on the next meeting
* **UNASSIGNED**
* sonn2 will create development specification and security
investigation for replacing file browser with elfinder
* Aaron to look into the feasibility of a common CSS "abstraction
layer" for multiple layout plugins
People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* rkabalin (74)
* anitsirk (54)
* aarow (33)
* anzeljg (6)
* maharameet (3)
* dobedobedoh (3)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Markdown is supported
0% or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment