diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..8502822b4f174d91fa0604d24f18302f67be9124 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.html @@ -0,0 +1,192 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev Meeting + + + + +

#mahara-dev Meeting

+ +Meeting started by anzeljg at 20:02:29 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Meeting summary

+
    +
  1. +
      +
    1. anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, developer and + translator, Ljubljana, Slovenia (anzeljg, + 20:02:39)
    2. +
    3. aquaman is Hugh Davenport (aquaman, + 20:02:44)
    4. +
    5. rkabalin_ is Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster + University, Lancaster, UK (rkabalin_, + 20:03:08)
    6. +
    7. anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, + Wellington, NZ (anitsirk, + 20:03:20)
    8. +
    +
  2. +
  3. Items from last meeting (anzeljg, 20:04:37) +
      +
    1. anzeljg will create a wiki page under + "Specifications in development" for his enhancement suggestions for + the resume and start a forum topic to discuss these. (anzeljg, + 20:04:52)
    2. +
    3. sonn, Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT NZ (sonn2, + 20:08:43)
    4. +
    5. VolkerJSchmidt will contact Eleni Kargioti + about Leap2A and Europass (anzeljg, + 20:18:23)
    6. +
    7. IDEA: Wait for + interoperability between Leap2A and Europass formats, but keep that + in mind (anzeljg_, + 20:29:45)
    8. +
    9. http://elfinder.org/ (sonn2, + 20:32:01)
    10. +
    11. http://elfinder.org/ (anzeljg_, + 20:34:18)
    12. +
    13. ACTION: sonn2 will + create development specification and security investigation for + replacing file browser with elfinder (anzeljg_, + 20:38:57)
    14. +
    15. ACTION: aquaman will + help sonn2 with security issue (anzeljg_, + 20:41:56)
    16. +
    17. https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_repo_filemanager + (sonn2, + 20:42:12)
    18. +
    19. The 25th Mahara Developer Meeting will be held + on the 16th of April at 8 p.m. NZDT. That will be 9 a.m. UK and 10 + a.m. Central Europe. #link + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=25th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20130416T08 + (anzeljg_, + 20:51:12)
    20. +
    21. rkabalin will chair next, 25th Mahara Developer + Meeting (anzeljg_, + 20:52:52)
    22. +
    23. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/HowToWriteAViewTemplate + (anzeljg_, + 20:54:34)
    24. +
    +
  4. +
+

+ + + + +Meeting ended at 21:21:08 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Action items

+
    +
  1. sonn2 will create development specification and security investigation for replacing file browser with elfinder
  2. +
  3. aquaman will help sonn2 with security issue
  4. +
+

+ + + +

Action items, by person

+
    +
  1. aquaman
      +
    1. aquaman will help sonn2 with security issue
    2. +
  2. +
  3. sonn2
      +
    1. sonn2 will create development specification and security investigation for replacing file browser with elfinder
    2. +
    3. aquaman will help sonn2 with security issue
    4. +
  4. +
+

+ + + +

People present (lines said)

+
    +
  1. anzeljg_ (82)
  2. +
  3. sonn2 (64)
  4. +
  5. anzeljg (31)
  6. +
  7. rkabalin_ (25)
  8. +
  9. aquaman (7)
  10. +
  11. jimcrib (6)
  12. +
  13. anitsirk (4)
  14. +
  15. aarow (2)
  16. +
  17. maharameet (2)
  18. +
+

+ + + +Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4. + diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.log.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.log.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..85b80748d6a2b59f63701da3ac357840a9af8838 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.log.html @@ -0,0 +1,250 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev log + + + + +
20:02:29 <anzeljg> #startmeeting
+20:02:29 <maharameet> Meeting started Tue Feb 26 20:02:29 2013 UTC.  The chair is anzeljg. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
+20:02:29 <maharameet> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
+20:02:31 <anzeljg> Welcome to the 24th Mahara Developer Meeting. Please state your name and location by starting a line with #info. When you have a long statement broken up over several   lines, please put .. on a separate line when you are done.
+20:02:39 <anzeljg> #info anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, developer and translator, Ljubljana, Slovenia
+20:02:44 <aquaman> #info aquaman is Hugh Davenport
+20:03:08 <rkabalin_> #info rkabalin_ is Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK
+20:03:20 <anitsirk> #info anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ
+20:04:02 <rkabalin_> not that many people )
+20:04:05 <anzeljg> anybody else?
+20:04:37 <anzeljg> #topic Items from last meeting
+20:04:52 <anzeljg> #info anzeljg will create a wiki page under "Specifications in development" for his enhancement suggestions for the resume and start a forum topic to discuss these.
+20:05:03 <anzeljg> So I'll chair and start...
+20:05:29 <anzeljg> Created wiki page, which can be accessed via #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Resume_enhancements
+20:05:47 <anzeljg> and forum topic, accessible via #link https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5245
+20:06:11 <anzeljg> Dajan replied to forum topic and he agrees with proposed changes.
+20:06:12 <anzeljg> ..
+20:07:24 <anzeljg> any questions, comments...
+20:07:57 <anzeljg> hi sonn
+20:08:16 <anzeljg> please use info to introduce yourself
+20:08:21 <sonn2> Hi
+20:08:43 <sonn2> #info sonn, Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT NZ
+20:09:13 <rkabalin_> The address fromat idea is good
+20:09:38 <anzeljg> We're discussing Resume enhancements, although I'm getting the felling that I0m talking with myself :)
+20:10:05 <sonn2> :)
+20:10:19 <anzeljg> rkabalin: it's taken from Europass AddressFormat xml/xls file...
+20:10:26 <rkabalin_> I see
+20:11:34 <anzeljg> so the import/export from/to Europass (and/or other systmes) can be as compatible as possible...
+20:12:14 <sonn2> What is Europass Address format?
+20:13:12 <anzeljg> sonn2, please see #link http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/xml/resources/EuropassAddressFormats_V1.0.xsd
+20:13:29 <sonn2> thank anzeljg
+20:14:00 <anzeljg> basically it serves for different display formats of addresses throughout European countries
+20:14:04 <aquaman> hey jimcrib
+20:14:10 <anzeljg> Addresses are formatted differently...
+20:14:17 <anzeljg> jimcrib hi
+20:14:25 <jimcrib> morning
+20:14:55 <anzeljg> jimcrib could you info introduce yourself
+20:15:36 <anzeljg> Is there anything else to discuss or shall we move forward?
+20:16:38 <sonn2> I have one
+20:16:45 <anzeljg> ok
+20:17:17 <sonn2> I would replace the file browser by elfinder
+20:17:38 <sonn2> as it has many bugs
+20:17:56 <anzeljg> sonn2 can we discuss that a bit later...
+20:18:02 <sonn2> ok
+20:18:04 <anzeljg> we have items from last meeting?
+20:18:11 <anzeljg> ok
+20:18:19 <anzeljg> so the last item from previous meeting was:
+20:18:23 <anzeljg> #info VolkerJSchmidt will contact Eleni Kargioti about Leap2A and Europass
+20:22:03 <sonn2> is that all?
+20:22:43 <anzeljg_> IRC stopped responding...
+20:22:59 <anitsirk> anzeljg_: sorry. gotta go.
+20:23:28 <anzeljg_> can anyone tell me, if you got my messages, which I got from Eleni?
+20:23:33 <anzeljg_> anitsirk bye.
+20:23:44 <sonn2> yes
+20:23:48 <sonn2> I got it
+20:23:54 <anzeljg_> everything?
+20:23:59 <sonn2> just one
+20:24:12 <anzeljg_> ok. So I'll repost that...
+20:24:28 <anzeljg_> "At the end of 2012, we released the new version of Europass XML Schema (v3.0), which radically revamps the previous XML schema.
+20:24:38 <anzeljg_> As you may be already aware, the main purpose of version 3.0 was to define an XML structure for the portfolio of the learner and serve as a portable repository of information relevant to the learner's career and development.
+20:24:57 <anzeljg_> At this point we do not plan a major revision to the Europass CV/ESP implementation. However we are aware of the impact of Leap2A and therefore will definitely study it when we will be extending our implementation.
+20:25:06 <anzeljg_> Unfortunately I cannot tell you at this point a specific time schedule, as this is something that needs to be analysed and agreed with Cedefop, the owner of Europass.
+20:25:15 <anzeljg_> Nevertheless, I believe that interoperability between Europass CV/ESP and Leap2A could be achieved even at this point, by defining the business and technical details on how a Leap2A profile can be converted to a Europass CV/ESP profile and vice versa.
+20:25:23 <anzeljg_> We have done something similar in the past in order to allow the seamless conversion between HR-XML and Europass-XML profiles.
+20:25:33 <anzeljg_> If we decide to support such a feature our company can cooperate with technical staff from Mahara or Leap2A in order to define the conversion scenaria, the steps and technical resources (e.g. XSLT)."
+20:25:41 <anzeljg_> That was her answer...
+20:25:42 <anzeljg_> ..
+20:28:05 <anzeljg_> I guess we will not deal with that right now, or are there any ideas, comments?
+20:28:47 <sonn2> I think we should wait
+20:29:45 <anzeljg_> #idea Wait for interoperability between Leap2A and Europass formats, but keep that in mind
+20:30:06 <anzeljg_> If ekly is not here than sonn2 can continue...
+20:30:28 <sonn2> So we move to next step>?
+20:30:32 <anzeljg_> yep
+20:31:16 <anzeljg_> sonn2 you were saying that you want to replace... (sorry forgot that)
+20:31:18 <sonn2> When debugging Mahara, I find file browser is a bit odd and has many bugs
+20:31:47 <sonn2> I'd use another 3rd party solution: elfinder
+20:32:00 <anzeljg_> #topic Replace Mahara file browser with elfinder
+20:32:01 <sonn2> http://elfinder.org/
+20:32:40 <anzeljg_> sonn2: will that open in a separate pop-up?
+20:32:40 <sonn2> It is a complete file manager using jquery
+20:32:57 <rkabalin_> looks interesing
+20:33:00 <sonn2> we can easily customize it for mahara use
+20:33:01 <aquaman> looks cool
+20:33:25 <anzeljg_> agree, look nice and cool
+20:33:31 <sonn2> also easy to integrate with our current TinyMCE
+20:34:18 <anzeljg_> #link http://elfinder.org/
+20:34:24 <aquaman> and would save doing a security audit on the current filebrowser :P
+20:34:25 <anzeljg_> to have the link also in minutes...
+20:34:29 <aquaman> which probably has issues
+20:34:34 <sonn2> sure
+20:35:23 <anzeljg_> I guess now is the time that I should ask if we agree with that?
+20:35:27 <anzeljg_> so do we agree?
+20:35:40 <rkabalin_> #agree
+20:35:46 <anzeljg_> #agree
+20:36:03 <sonn2> It needs to do security investigation
+20:36:16 <sonn2> before using it
+20:37:16 <anzeljg_> sonn2: You'll do it, right?
+20:37:56 <sonn2> I will put it in the development specification
+20:38:11 <sonn2> and will try to do it when possible
+20:38:57 <anzeljg_> #action sonn2 will create development specification and security investigation for replacing file browser with elfinder
+20:38:58 <rkabalin_> might also worth checking if there any other good open filebrowsers in the internet
+20:39:00 <sonn2> will need aquaman's help about security issue
+20:39:22 <sonn2> I did
+20:39:39 <anzeljg_> what is the file browser that Moodle uses?
+20:39:43 <sonn2> and IMO, elfinder is the best
+20:40:05 <sonn2> I have no idea
+20:40:17 <sonn2> aquaman may know
+20:40:18 <anzeljg_> anyway, I like elfinder...
+20:40:29 <rkabalin_> It is a custom browser there AFAIK
+20:40:48 <rkabalin_> Written by Davo Smith I think
+20:41:15 <anzeljg_> aquaman: will you help sonn2 with security issue?
+20:41:34 <aquaman> ohai
+20:41:56 <anzeljg_> #action aquaman will help sonn2 with security issue
+20:42:12 <sonn2> https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_repo_filemanager
+20:42:16 <aquaman> should have time one weekend
+20:42:28 <anzeljg_> :)
+20:42:32 <sonn2> :)
+20:43:03 <anzeljg_> Is there anything else on that matter?
+20:43:29 <sonn2> rkabalin_: is the plugin you want?
+20:44:12 <sonn2> I think that is all for the moment
+20:44:21 <anzeljg_> OK
+20:44:58 <anzeljg_> Is elky here or any of you guys knows anything about Mahara 1.7 release progress
+20:45:50 <sonn2> anitsirk knows it better than me :)
+20:46:18 <anzeljg_> anitsirk would you like to update us all?
+20:46:37 <anitsirk> still in a meeting. sorry
+20:47:00 <anzeljg_> ok. so we'll skip that for now and maybe return to that later?
+20:47:06 <sonn2> yes
+20:47:21 <anzeljg_> #topic Next meeting and chair
+20:47:32 <anzeljg_> We usually wanted to have a meeting every 5-6 weeks. That would be the 16th of April at 8 p.m. NZDT. That would be 9 a.m. UK and 10 a.m. Central Europe.
+20:47:46 <anzeljg_> That is my suggestion...
+20:48:46 <sonn2> agreed
+20:48:54 <rkabalin_> agreed
+20:49:58 <anzeljg_> anybody else? aquaman? anitsirk?
+20:51:12 <anzeljg_> #info The 25th Mahara Developer Meeting will be held on the 16th of April at 8 p.m. NZDT. That will be 9 a.m. UK and 10 a.m. Central Europe. #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=25th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20130416T08
+20:51:29 <anzeljg_> who would like to chair it?
+20:51:57 <rkabalin_> I can
+20:52:08 <sonn2> thank rkabalin_
+20:52:17 <rkabalin_> np
+20:52:20 <rkabalin_> ))
+20:52:29 <anzeljg_> thanx
+20:52:46 <sonn2> I would be but I may be late :)
+20:52:52 <anzeljg_> #info rkabalin will chair next, 25th Mahara Developer Meeting
+20:53:14 <anzeljg_> #topic Any other business
+20:53:25 <sonn2> none for me
+20:53:42 <anzeljg_> anybody else?
+20:53:45 <rkabalin_> thanks anzeljg_, none for me either
+20:53:58 <anzeljg_> I have a question though...
+20:54:05 <sonn2> yes
+20:54:10 <rkabalin_> go ahead
+20:54:31 <anzeljg_> I found that on Mahara wiki... What's with the View (noe Page) Templates?
+20:54:34 <anzeljg_> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/HowToWriteAViewTemplate
+20:54:43 <anzeljg_> noe = now
+20:54:57 <anzeljg_> anybody knows?
+20:54:59 <anzeljg_> ..
+20:55:52 <sonn2> I did not find what you mentioned
+20:57:34 <sonn2> I have no idea
+20:57:44 <anzeljg_> ok. From wiki main index, click "Developer Area", than scroll down to "Finding your way around" section and click "How to write a view template"...
+20:57:46 <rkabalin_> Brett written it originally, I did not even know about that functionality
+20:57:59 <anzeljg_> Is it implemented or not...
+20:58:18 <anzeljg_> I got the impression that it's not fully impemented. Would be nice though...
+21:01:07 <sonn2> anzeljg_: did you try to write a view template?
+21:01:19 <anzeljg_> no I didn't
+21:01:24 <sonn2> ok
+21:01:26 <anzeljg_> will try that
+21:01:39 <sonn2> It sounds interesting
+21:01:45 <anzeljg_> indeed
+21:01:51 <sonn2> I will try one day
+21:02:12 <anzeljg_> Still no sign of elky or anitsirk?
+21:02:30 <sonn2> no
+21:02:44 <anzeljg_> Does anybody else know about Mahara 1.7 release progress?
+21:03:29 <anzeljg_> Are we past the feature freeze date?
+21:03:31 <sonn2> I guess elky will update it later on wiki
+21:03:45 <sonn2> or in IRC channel
+21:03:46 <anzeljg_> ok
+21:03:55 <anzeljg_> Any other AOB?
+21:04:05 <anzeljg_> otherwise I'll end the meeting
+21:04:17 <sonn2> Anyone hear about Hiphop-php?
+21:04:26 <jimcrib> yeap
+21:04:53 <sonn2> I have attended the Multicore World conference last week
+21:05:16 <sonn2> It would be good to speed up Mahara
+21:05:22 <jimcrib> I did some work with implementing intels TBB into it
+21:05:36 <sonn2> awesome
+21:06:26 <sonn2> It is still lack some extensions for mahara
+21:06:52 <jimcrib> yeap plus it doesn't allow eval
+21:07:03 <sonn2> I have tried to run mahara on Hiphop VM
+21:07:32 <sonn2> after disabling some functions
+21:07:45 <sonn2> It is very promissing
+21:07:49 <jimcrib> The vm is make better than the compiler
+21:08:04 <jimcrib> s/make/much/
+21:08:05 <sonn2> It ran twice faster
+21:08:23 <sonn2> It is worth to try
+21:09:01 <sonn2> ok
+21:09:18 <sonn2> that's all of me
+21:09:57 <anzeljg_> anitsirk: Do you have the time now and want to talk about Mahara 1.7 release progress?
+21:11:11 <anitsirk> anzeljg_: sorry. still in meetings.
+21:11:21 <anzeljg_> ok
+21:11:22 <anzeljg_> anybody else, anything else?
+21:12:50 <anzeljg_> #endmeeting
+21:13:08 <sonn2> bye anzeljg_
+21:13:14 <anzeljg_> seems that now I can't end meeting
+21:13:30 <aarow> whoops, I had the wrong time down on my calendar. I just got here.
+21:13:30 <anzeljg_> anitsirk: could you end the meeting
+21:14:45 <anzeljg_> aarow, sorry
+21:15:36 <anzeljg_> since my IRC client stried on me previously, I'm now unable to end meeting...
+21:15:50 <anzeljg_> can anybody do that instead of me?
+21:16:27 <rkabalin_> thanks anzeljg_
+21:16:34 <rkabalin_> #endmeeting
+21:16:59 <anzeljg_> rkabalin: guess you can't do that also...
+21:17:25 <rkabalin_> dobedobedoh might be able, but he is not here ))
+21:17:42 <anzeljg_> anitsirk is having ops privileges I guess...
+21:18:42 <rkabalin_> ah, I see you began meeing being anzeljg
+21:18:49 <anzeljg_> yep
+21:18:50 <rkabalin_> and now you are anzeljg_
+21:18:57 <anzeljg_> yep again
+21:19:10 <rkabalin_> any chance you can close that session
+21:19:18 <anzeljg_> can i change my nick back to anzeljg
+21:19:34 <rkabalin_> and connect again using original nick?
+21:19:50 <aarow> #endmeeting
+21:20:06 <rkabalin_> anzeljg_ try to leave and connect again
+21:20:15 <anzeljg_> ok. will try
+21:21:02 <rkabalin_> hello anzeljg
+21:21:02 <anzeljg> finally...
+21:21:08 <anzeljg> #endmeeting
+ diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.log.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.log.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..3f7e7f02251cd3e8491b21525dded5d77f89634d --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.log.txt @@ -0,0 +1,223 @@ +20:02:29 #startmeeting +20:02:29 Meeting started Tue Feb 26 20:02:29 2013 UTC. The chair is anzeljg. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. +20:02:29 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic. +20:02:31 Welcome to the 24th Mahara Developer Meeting. Please state your name and location by starting a line with #info. When you have a long statement broken up over several lines, please put .. on a separate line when you are done. +20:02:39 #info anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, developer and translator, Ljubljana, Slovenia +20:02:44 #info aquaman is Hugh Davenport +20:03:08 #info rkabalin_ is Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK +20:03:20 #info anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ +20:04:02 not that many people ) +20:04:05 anybody else? +20:04:37 #topic Items from last meeting +20:04:52 #info anzeljg will create a wiki page under "Specifications in development" for his enhancement suggestions for the resume and start a forum topic to discuss these. +20:05:03 So I'll chair and start... +20:05:29 Created wiki page, which can be accessed via #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Resume_enhancements +20:05:47 and forum topic, accessible via #link https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5245 +20:06:11 Dajan replied to forum topic and he agrees with proposed changes. +20:06:12 .. +20:07:24 any questions, comments... +20:07:57 hi sonn +20:08:16 please use info to introduce yourself +20:08:21 Hi +20:08:43 #info sonn, Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT NZ +20:09:13 The address fromat idea is good +20:09:38 We're discussing Resume enhancements, although I'm getting the felling that I0m talking with myself :) +20:10:05 :) +20:10:19 rkabalin: it's taken from Europass AddressFormat xml/xls file... +20:10:26 I see +20:11:34 so the import/export from/to Europass (and/or other systmes) can be as compatible as possible... +20:12:14 What is Europass Address format? +20:13:12 sonn2, please see #link http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/xml/resources/EuropassAddressFormats_V1.0.xsd +20:13:29 thank anzeljg +20:14:00 basically it serves for different display formats of addresses throughout European countries +20:14:04 hey jimcrib +20:14:10 Addresses are formatted differently... +20:14:17 jimcrib hi +20:14:25 morning +20:14:55 jimcrib could you info introduce yourself +20:15:36 Is there anything else to discuss or shall we move forward? +20:16:38 I have one +20:16:45 ok +20:17:17 I would replace the file browser by elfinder +20:17:38 as it has many bugs +20:17:56 sonn2 can we discuss that a bit later... +20:18:02 ok +20:18:04 we have items from last meeting? +20:18:11 ok +20:18:19 so the last item from previous meeting was: +20:18:23 #info VolkerJSchmidt will contact Eleni Kargioti about Leap2A and Europass +20:22:03 is that all? +20:22:43 IRC stopped responding... +20:22:59 anzeljg_: sorry. gotta go. +20:23:28 can anyone tell me, if you got my messages, which I got from Eleni? +20:23:33 anitsirk bye. +20:23:44 yes +20:23:48 I got it +20:23:54 everything? +20:23:59 just one +20:24:12 ok. So I'll repost that... +20:24:28 "At the end of 2012, we released the new version of Europass XML Schema (v3.0), which radically revamps the previous XML schema. +20:24:38 As you may be already aware, the main purpose of version 3.0 was to define an XML structure for the portfolio of the learner and serve as a portable repository of information relevant to the learner's career and development. +20:24:57 At this point we do not plan a major revision to the Europass CV/ESP implementation. However we are aware of the impact of Leap2A and therefore will definitely study it when we will be extending our implementation. +20:25:06 Unfortunately I cannot tell you at this point a specific time schedule, as this is something that needs to be analysed and agreed with Cedefop, the owner of Europass. +20:25:15 Nevertheless, I believe that interoperability between Europass CV/ESP and Leap2A could be achieved even at this point, by defining the business and technical details on how a Leap2A profile can be converted to a Europass CV/ESP profile and vice versa. +20:25:23 We have done something similar in the past in order to allow the seamless conversion between HR-XML and Europass-XML profiles. +20:25:33 If we decide to support such a feature our company can cooperate with technical staff from Mahara or Leap2A in order to define the conversion scenaria, the steps and technical resources (e.g. XSLT)." +20:25:41 That was her answer... +20:25:42 .. +20:28:05 I guess we will not deal with that right now, or are there any ideas, comments? +20:28:47 I think we should wait +20:29:45 #idea Wait for interoperability between Leap2A and Europass formats, but keep that in mind +20:30:06 If ekly is not here than sonn2 can continue... +20:30:28 So we move to next step>? +20:30:32 yep +20:31:16 sonn2 you were saying that you want to replace... (sorry forgot that) +20:31:18 When debugging Mahara, I find file browser is a bit odd and has many bugs +20:31:47 I'd use another 3rd party solution: elfinder +20:32:00 #topic Replace Mahara file browser with elfinder +20:32:01 http://elfinder.org/ +20:32:40 sonn2: will that open in a separate pop-up? +20:32:40 It is a complete file manager using jquery +20:32:57 looks interesing +20:33:00 we can easily customize it for mahara use +20:33:01 looks cool +20:33:25 agree, look nice and cool +20:33:31 also easy to integrate with our current TinyMCE +20:34:18 #link http://elfinder.org/ +20:34:24 and would save doing a security audit on the current filebrowser :P +20:34:25 to have the link also in minutes... +20:34:29 which probably has issues +20:34:34 sure +20:35:23 I guess now is the time that I should ask if we agree with that? +20:35:27 so do we agree? +20:35:40 #agree +20:35:46 #agree +20:36:03 It needs to do security investigation +20:36:16 before using it +20:37:16 sonn2: You'll do it, right? +20:37:56 I will put it in the development specification +20:38:11 and will try to do it when possible +20:38:57 #action sonn2 will create development specification and security investigation for replacing file browser with elfinder +20:38:58 might also worth checking if there any other good open filebrowsers in the internet +20:39:00 will need aquaman's help about security issue +20:39:22 I did +20:39:39 what is the file browser that Moodle uses? +20:39:43 and IMO, elfinder is the best +20:40:05 I have no idea +20:40:17 aquaman may know +20:40:18 anyway, I like elfinder... +20:40:29 It is a custom browser there AFAIK +20:40:48 Written by Davo Smith I think +20:41:15 aquaman: will you help sonn2 with security issue? +20:41:34 ohai +20:41:56 #action aquaman will help sonn2 with security issue +20:42:12 https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_repo_filemanager +20:42:16 should have time one weekend +20:42:28 :) +20:42:32 :) +20:43:03 Is there anything else on that matter? +20:43:29 rkabalin_: is the plugin you want? +20:44:12 I think that is all for the moment +20:44:21 OK +20:44:58 Is elky here or any of you guys knows anything about Mahara 1.7 release progress +20:45:50 anitsirk knows it better than me :) +20:46:18 anitsirk would you like to update us all? +20:46:37 still in a meeting. sorry +20:47:00 ok. so we'll skip that for now and maybe return to that later? +20:47:06 yes +20:47:21 #topic Next meeting and chair +20:47:32 We usually wanted to have a meeting every 5-6 weeks. That would be the 16th of April at 8 p.m. NZDT. That would be 9 a.m. UK and 10 a.m. Central Europe. +20:47:46 That is my suggestion... +20:48:46 agreed +20:48:54 agreed +20:49:58 anybody else? aquaman? anitsirk? +20:51:12 #info The 25th Mahara Developer Meeting will be held on the 16th of April at 8 p.m. NZDT. That will be 9 a.m. UK and 10 a.m. Central Europe. #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=25th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20130416T08 +20:51:29 who would like to chair it? +20:51:57 I can +20:52:08 thank rkabalin_ +20:52:17 np +20:52:20 )) +20:52:29 thanx +20:52:46 I would be but I may be late :) +20:52:52 #info rkabalin will chair next, 25th Mahara Developer Meeting +20:53:14 #topic Any other business +20:53:25 none for me +20:53:42 anybody else? +20:53:45 thanks anzeljg_, none for me either +20:53:58 I have a question though... +20:54:05 yes +20:54:10 go ahead +20:54:31 I found that on Mahara wiki... What's with the View (noe Page) Templates? +20:54:34 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/HowToWriteAViewTemplate +20:54:43 noe = now +20:54:57 anybody knows? +20:54:59 .. +20:55:52 I did not find what you mentioned +20:57:34 I have no idea +20:57:44 ok. From wiki main index, click "Developer Area", than scroll down to "Finding your way around" section and click "How to write a view template"... +20:57:46 Brett written it originally, I did not even know about that functionality +20:57:59 Is it implemented or not... +20:58:18 I got the impression that it's not fully impemented. Would be nice though... +21:01:07 anzeljg_: did you try to write a view template? +21:01:19 no I didn't +21:01:24 ok +21:01:26 will try that +21:01:39 It sounds interesting +21:01:45 indeed +21:01:51 I will try one day +21:02:12 Still no sign of elky or anitsirk? +21:02:30 no +21:02:44 Does anybody else know about Mahara 1.7 release progress? +21:03:29 Are we past the feature freeze date? +21:03:31 I guess elky will update it later on wiki +21:03:45 or in IRC channel +21:03:46 ok +21:03:55 Any other AOB? +21:04:05 otherwise I'll end the meeting +21:04:17 Anyone hear about Hiphop-php? +21:04:26 yeap +21:04:53 I have attended the Multicore World conference last week +21:05:16 It would be good to speed up Mahara +21:05:22 I did some work with implementing intels TBB into it +21:05:36 awesome +21:06:26 It is still lack some extensions for mahara +21:06:52 yeap plus it doesn't allow eval +21:07:03 I have tried to run mahara on Hiphop VM +21:07:32 after disabling some functions +21:07:45 It is very promissing +21:07:49 The vm is make better than the compiler +21:08:04 s/make/much/ +21:08:05 It ran twice faster +21:08:23 It is worth to try +21:09:01 ok +21:09:18 that's all of me +21:09:57 anitsirk: Do you have the time now and want to talk about Mahara 1.7 release progress? +21:11:11 anzeljg_: sorry. still in meetings. +21:11:21 ok +21:11:22 anybody else, anything else? +21:12:50 #endmeeting +21:13:08 bye anzeljg_ +21:13:14 seems that now I can't end meeting +21:13:30 whoops, I had the wrong time down on my calendar. I just got here. +21:13:30 anitsirk: could you end the meeting +21:14:45 aarow, sorry +21:15:36 since my IRC client stried on me previously, I'm now unable to end meeting... +21:15:50 can anybody do that instead of me? +21:16:27 thanks anzeljg_ +21:16:34 #endmeeting +21:16:59 rkabalin: guess you can't do that also... +21:17:25 dobedobedoh might be able, but he is not here )) +21:17:42 anitsirk is having ops privileges I guess... +21:18:42 ah, I see you began meeing being anzeljg +21:18:49 yep +21:18:50 and now you are anzeljg_ +21:18:57 yep again +21:19:10 any chance you can close that session +21:19:18 can i change my nick back to anzeljg +21:19:34 and connect again using original nick? +21:19:50 #endmeeting +21:20:06 anzeljg_ try to leave and connect again +21:20:15 ok. will try +21:21:02 hello anzeljg +21:21:02 finally... +21:21:08 #endmeeting \ No newline at end of file diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..3d91775adf3b4abcc3f2567d7f42a6beff9a2f71 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.txt @@ -0,0 +1,97 @@ +=================== +#mahara-dev Meeting +=================== + + +Meeting started by anzeljg at 20:02:29 UTC. The full logs are available +at +http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2013/mahara-dev.2013-02-26-20.02.log.html +. + + + +Meeting summary +--------------- +* anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, developer and translator, Ljubljana, + Slovenia (anzeljg, 20:02:39) +* aquaman is Hugh Davenport (aquaman, 20:02:44) +* rkabalin_ is Ruslan Kabalin, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK + (rkabalin_, 20:03:08) +* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ (anitsirk, + 20:03:20) +* Items from last meeting (anzeljg, 20:04:37) + * anzeljg will create a wiki page under "Specifications in + development" for his enhancement suggestions for the resume and + start a forum topic to discuss these. (anzeljg, 20:04:52) + * sonn, Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT NZ (sonn2, 20:08:43) + * VolkerJSchmidt will contact Eleni Kargioti about Leap2A and Europass + (anzeljg, 20:18:23) + * IDEA: Wait for interoperability between Leap2A and Europass formats, + but keep that in mind (anzeljg_, 20:29:45) + * LINK: http://elfinder.org/ (sonn2, 20:32:01) + * LINK: http://elfinder.org/ (anzeljg_, 20:34:18) + * ACTION: sonn2 will create development specification and security + investigation for replacing file browser with elfinder (anzeljg_, + 20:38:57) + * ACTION: aquaman will help sonn2 with security issue (anzeljg_, + 20:41:56) + * LINK: + https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_repo_filemanager + (sonn2, 20:42:12) + * The 25th Mahara Developer Meeting will be held on the 16th of April + at 8 p.m. NZDT. That will be 9 a.m. UK and 10 a.m. Central Europe. + #link + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=25th+Mahara+Developer+Meeting&iso=20130416T08 + (anzeljg_, 20:51:12) + * rkabalin will chair next, 25th Mahara Developer Meeting (anzeljg_, + 20:52:52) + * LINK: + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/HowToWriteAViewTemplate + (anzeljg_, 20:54:34) + +Meeting ended at 21:21:08 UTC. + + + + +Action Items +------------ +* sonn2 will create development specification and security investigation + for replacing file browser with elfinder +* aquaman will help sonn2 with security issue + + + + +Action Items, by person +----------------------- +* aquaman + * aquaman will help sonn2 with security issue +* sonn2 + * sonn2 will create development specification and security + investigation for replacing file browser with elfinder + * aquaman will help sonn2 with security issue +* **UNASSIGNED** + * (none) + + + + +People Present (lines said) +--------------------------- +* anzeljg_ (82) +* sonn2 (64) +* anzeljg (31) +* rkabalin_ (25) +* aquaman (7) +* jimcrib (6) +* anitsirk (4) +* aarow (2) +* maharameet (2) + + + + +Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 + +.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot