Commit b5a72150 authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 29th August 2012

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew.nicols@luns.net.uk>
parent 92cd5368
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev Meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev Meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by iarenaza at 20:10:10 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon
Unibertsitatea, Spain</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-4'>iarenaza</a>,
20:10:22)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">aqualaptop is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT Ltd,
NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-5'>aqualaptop</a>,
20:10:35)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, Gimnazija Bežigrad,
Ljubljana, Slovenia</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-6'>anzeljg</a>,
20:10:44)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">sonn Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT Ltd., NZ</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-7'>sonn</a>,
20:10:45)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Items from last meetings</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-8'>iarenaza</a>, 20:11:02)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-24'>aqualaptop</a>,
20:15:13)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-36'>aqualaptop</a>,
20:16:55)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">language guidelines to have, php, js, css, tpl,
sql, xml</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-37'>aqualaptop</a>,
20:17:24)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">If anyone can skim over the Coding guidelines,
let Hugh know about changes, suggestions, etc.</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-38'>iarenaza</a>,
20:17:48)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/External_media_block_extension">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/External_media_block_extension</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-43'>iarenaza</a>,
20:19:12)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">IDEA</i>: <span class="IDEA">Include oEmbed in
core (making use of safe iframes), and use embed.ly (as a
contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-88'>iarenaza</a>,
20:27:57)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-104'>aqualaptop</a>,
20:32:19)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-105'>aqualaptop</a>,
20:32:24)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">iarenaza to
contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan and the
dates.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-111'>iarenaza</a>,
20:34:12)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Supported android versions (and iphone?) for responsive design (2.2?)</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-114'>iarenaza</a>, 20:34:51)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-135'>aqualaptop</a>,
20:39:32)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED"></span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-168'>iarenaza</a>,
20:50:35)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">support
responsive design on 2.2+ for android and 4.2.1+ for ios</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-176'>iarenaza</a>,
20:51:23)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Testers welcome during RC period (incl new responsive design, as well as other new features)</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-177'>iarenaza</a>, 20:51:45)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">UI freeze is happening today</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-181'>iarenaza</a>,
20:52:26)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">lots of new features in 1.6, and lots of UI
changes</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-185'>iarenaza</a>,
20:53:10)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">when RC comes out, install it (or upgrade it),
and test, and file bugs</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-191'>iarenaza</a>,
20:54:13)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next steps for the release</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-197'>iarenaza</a>, 20:57:26)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-198'>aqualaptop</a>,
20:57:45)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">RC comes out next week, then 3 weeks of testing
(with only critical bugs fixed)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-206'>iarenaza</a>,
20:59:14)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">1st week of october, 1.6 is released</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-207'>iarenaza</a>,
20:59:39)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next meeting and Chair</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-239'>iarenaza</a>, 21:10:22)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">aqualaptop to
chair next meeting</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-242'>iarenaza</a>,
21:11:25)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&amp;msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&amp;msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-254'>iarenaza</a>,
21:13:53)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&amp;msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&amp;msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-257'>aqualaptop</a>,
21:14:59)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Any other business</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-259'>iarenaza</a>, 21:15:38)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:twig,n,z">https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:twig,n,z</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-265'>aqualaptop</a>,
21:16:18)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001">https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-266'>aqualaptop</a>,
21:16:26)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">IDEA</i>: <span class="IDEA">document
PluralForms and their usage somewhere on the wiki</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-292'>iarenaza</a>,
21:22:25)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://master-mahara.catalystdemo.net.nz/">http://master-mahara.catalystdemo.net.nz/</a>
(has the responsive theme on it, current with review system) <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-306'>aqualaptop</a>,
21:26:47)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">anzeljg (with
help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms and their
usage on the wiki</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html#l-317'>iarenaza</a>,
21:29:30)</span></li>
</ol>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 21:42:53 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan and the dates.</li>
<li>aqualaptop to chair next meeting</li>
<li>anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms and their usage on the wiki</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items, by person</h3>
<ol>
<li> anzeljg <ol>
<li>anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms and their usage on the wiki</li>
</ol></li>
<li> aqualaptop <ol>
<li>aqualaptop to chair next meeting</li>
</ol></li>
<li> iarenaza <ol>
<li>iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan and the dates.</li>
</ol></li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>aqualaptop (166)</li>
<li>iarenaza (124)</li>
<li>anzeljg (44)</li>
<li>sonn (8)</li>
<li>elky (6)</li>
<li>maharameet (3)</li>
<li>jimcrib (1)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by iarenaza at 20:10:10 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Spain (iarenaza,
20:10:22)
* aqualaptop is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT Ltd, NZ (aqualaptop,
20:10:35)
* anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, Gimnazija Bežigrad, Ljubljana, Slovenia
(anzeljg, 20:10:44)
* sonn Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT Ltd., NZ (sonn, 20:10:45)
* Items from last meetings (iarenaza, 20:11:02)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines
(aqualaptop, 20:15:13)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines
(aqualaptop, 20:16:55)
* language guidelines to have, php, js, css, tpl, sql, xml
(aqualaptop, 20:17:24)
* If anyone can skim over the Coding guidelines, let Hugh know about
changes, suggestions, etc. (iarenaza, 20:17:48)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/External_media_block_extension
(iarenaza, 20:19:12)
* IDEA: Include oEmbed in core (making use of safe iframes), and use
embed.ly (as a contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed
(iarenaza, 20:27:57)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle (aqualaptop,
20:32:19)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle (aqualaptop,
20:32:24)
* ACTION: iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about
the plan and the dates. (iarenaza, 20:34:12)
* Supported android versions (and iphone?) for responsive design (2.2?)
(iarenaza, 20:34:51)
* LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history
(aqualaptop, 20:39:32)
* AGREED: (iarenaza, 20:50:35)
* AGREED: support responsive design on 2.2+ for android and 4.2.1+ for
ios (iarenaza, 20:51:23)
* Testers welcome during RC period (incl new responsive design, as well
as other new features) (iarenaza, 20:51:45)
* UI freeze is happening today (iarenaza, 20:52:26)
* lots of new features in 1.6, and lots of UI changes (iarenaza,
20:53:10)
* when RC comes out, install it (or upgrade it), and test, and file
bugs (iarenaza, 20:54:13)
* Next steps for the release (iarenaza, 20:57:26)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle (aqualaptop,
20:57:45)
* RC comes out next week, then 3 weeks of testing (with only critical
bugs fixed) (iarenaza, 20:59:14)
* 1st week of october, 1.6 is released (iarenaza, 20:59:39)
* Next meeting and Chair (iarenaza, 21:10:22)
* ACTION: aqualaptop to chair next meeting (iarenaza, 21:11:25)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting
(iarenaza, 21:13:53)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting
(aqualaptop, 21:14:59)
* Any other business (iarenaza, 21:15:38)
* LINK:
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:twig,n,z
(aqualaptop, 21:16:18)
* LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001 (aqualaptop,
21:16:26)
* IDEA: document PluralForms and their usage somewhere on the wiki
(iarenaza, 21:22:25)
* LINK: http://master-mahara.catalystdemo.net.nz/ (has the responsive
theme on it, current with review system) (aqualaptop, 21:26:47)
* ACTION: anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document
PluralForms and their usage on the wiki (iarenaza, 21:29:30)
Meeting ended at 21:42:53 UTC.
Action Items
------------
* iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan
and the dates.
* aqualaptop to chair next meeting
* anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms
and their usage on the wiki
Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* anzeljg
* anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document
PluralForms and their usage on the wiki
* aqualaptop
* aqualaptop to chair next meeting
* iarenaza
* iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan
and the dates.
* **UNASSIGNED**
* (none)
People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* aqualaptop (166)
* iarenaza (124)
* anzeljg (44)
* sonn (8)
* elky (6)
* maharameet (3)
* jimcrib (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Markdown is supported
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment