diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..c3aa605a1fbace3157c15e1642b4ea45fffa6358 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.html @@ -0,0 +1,279 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev Meeting + + + + +

#mahara-dev Meeting

+ +Meeting started by iarenaza at 20:10:10 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Meeting summary

+
    +
  1. +
      +
    1. iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon + Unibertsitatea, Spain (iarenaza, + 20:10:22)
    2. +
    3. aqualaptop is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT Ltd, + NZ (aqualaptop, + 20:10:35)
    4. +
    5. anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, Gimnazija Bežigrad, + Ljubljana, Slovenia (anzeljg, + 20:10:44)
    6. +
    7. sonn Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT Ltd., NZ + (sonn, + 20:10:45)
    8. +
    +
  2. +
  3. Items from last meetings (iarenaza, 20:11:02) +
      +
    1. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines + (aqualaptop, + 20:15:13)
    2. +
    3. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines + (aqualaptop, + 20:16:55)
    4. +
    5. language guidelines to have, php, js, css, tpl, + sql, xml (aqualaptop, + 20:17:24)
    6. +
    7. If anyone can skim over the Coding guidelines, + let Hugh know about changes, suggestions, etc. (iarenaza, + 20:17:48)
    8. +
    9. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/External_media_block_extension + (iarenaza, + 20:19:12)
    10. +
    11. IDEA: Include oEmbed in + core (making use of safe iframes), and use embed.ly (as a + contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed (iarenaza, + 20:27:57)
    12. +
    13. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle + (aqualaptop, + 20:32:19)
    14. +
    15. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle + (aqualaptop, + 20:32:24)
    16. +
    17. ACTION: iarenaza to + contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan and the + dates. (iarenaza, + 20:34:12)
    18. +
    +
  4. +
  5. Supported android versions (and iphone?) for responsive design (2.2?) (iarenaza, 20:34:51) +
      +
    1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history + (aqualaptop, + 20:39:32)
    2. +
    3. AGREED: (iarenaza, + 20:50:35)
    4. +
    5. AGREED: support + responsive design on 2.2+ for android and 4.2.1+ for ios + (iarenaza, + 20:51:23)
    6. +
    +
  6. +
  7. Testers welcome during RC period (incl new responsive design, as well as other new features) (iarenaza, 20:51:45) +
      +
    1. UI freeze is happening today (iarenaza, + 20:52:26)
    2. +
    3. lots of new features in 1.6, and lots of UI + changes (iarenaza, + 20:53:10)
    4. +
    5. when RC comes out, install it (or upgrade it), + and test, and file bugs (iarenaza, + 20:54:13)
    6. +
    +
  8. +
  9. Next steps for the release (iarenaza, 20:57:26) +
      +
    1. https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle + (aqualaptop, + 20:57:45)
    2. +
    3. RC comes out next week, then 3 weeks of testing + (with only critical bugs fixed) (iarenaza, + 20:59:14)
    4. +
    5. 1st week of october, 1.6 is released + (iarenaza, + 20:59:39)
    6. +
    +
  10. +
  11. Next meeting and Chair (iarenaza, 21:10:22) +
      +
    1. ACTION: aqualaptop to + chair next meeting (iarenaza, + 21:11:25)
    2. +
    3. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting + (iarenaza, + 21:13:53)
    4. +
    5. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting + (aqualaptop, + 21:14:59)
    6. +
    +
  12. +
  13. Any other business (iarenaza, 21:15:38) +
      +
    1. https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:twig,n,z + (aqualaptop, + 21:16:18)
    2. +
    3. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001 + (aqualaptop, + 21:16:26)
    4. +
    5. IDEA: document + PluralForms and their usage somewhere on the wiki (iarenaza, + 21:22:25)
    6. +
    7. http://master-mahara.catalystdemo.net.nz/ + (has the responsive theme on it, current with review system) (aqualaptop, + 21:26:47)
    8. +
    9. ACTION: anzeljg (with + help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms and their + usage on the wiki (iarenaza, + 21:29:30)
    10. +
    +
  14. +
+

+ + + + +Meeting ended at 21:42:53 UTC +(full logs). + +

+ + + +

Action items

+
    +
  1. iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan and the dates.
  2. +
  3. aqualaptop to chair next meeting
  4. +
  5. anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms and their usage on the wiki
  6. +
+

+ + + +

Action items, by person

+
    +
  1. anzeljg
      +
    1. anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms and their usage on the wiki
    2. +
  2. +
  3. aqualaptop
      +
    1. aqualaptop to chair next meeting
    2. +
  4. +
  5. iarenaza
      +
    1. iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan and the dates.
    2. +
  6. +
+

+ + + +

People present (lines said)

+
    +
  1. aqualaptop (166)
  2. +
  3. iarenaza (124)
  4. +
  5. anzeljg (44)
  6. +
  7. sonn (8)
  8. +
  9. elky (6)
  10. +
  11. maharameet (3)
  12. +
  13. jimcrib (1)
  14. +
+

+ + + +Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4. + diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..7496c627c397c6e300b20b8a720e63c727c03429 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html @@ -0,0 +1,379 @@ + + + + +#mahara-dev log + + + + +
20:10:10 <iarenaza> #startmeeting
+20:10:10 <maharameet> Meeting started Wed Aug 29 20:10:10 2012 UTC.  The chair is iarenaza. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
+20:10:10 <maharameet> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
+20:10:22 <iarenaza> #info iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Spain
+20:10:35 <aqualaptop> #info aqualaptop is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT Ltd, NZ
+20:10:44 <anzeljg> #info anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, Gimnazija Bežigrad, Ljubljana, Slovenia
+20:10:45 <sonn> #info sonn Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT Ltd., NZ
+20:11:02 <iarenaza> #topic Items from last meetings
+20:11:15 <iarenaza> There were three items in the last meeting minutes:
+20:11:25 <iarenaza> 1. hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze
+20:11:57 <aqualaptop> all done
+20:12:07 <iarenaza> fine!
+20:12:15 <iarenaza> 2. elky to confirm plans with alan
+20:12:36 <iarenaza> I guess you can't confirm this, aqualaptop, can you?
+20:12:55 <aqualaptop> hrm, do we know whats "plans" were?
+20:13:10 <aqualaptop> i prob can't i'm afaid
+20:13:24 <iarenaza> I don't. I think I should have had a closer look at the full irc log
+20:13:50 <iarenaza> Ok, no problem. We'll move it to the pending items for next meeting.
+20:14:00 <aqualaptop> sure
+20:14:23 <aqualaptop> alan doesn't appear to be on our internal irc currently, i pinged elky on there though
+20:14:26 <aqualaptop> no resp
+20:14:53 <iarenaza> the action item is from the topic about updating code guidelines and extend it to other than php
+20:15:07 <aqualaptop> ah, awesome, i thought that was a few meetings ago :P
+20:15:13 <aqualaptop> https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines
+20:15:17 <aqualaptop> it has php, js
+20:15:28 <aqualaptop> and i'm going to put up css with help of our designer
+20:15:33 <anzeljg> css?
+20:15:39 * aqualaptop has had a hard time with all the new themeing reviews
+20:15:40 <anzeljg> oh... i see
+20:15:55 <aqualaptop> there is also sql that could go up there?
+20:16:10 <aqualaptop> and maybe tpl, though we may change templating engine from smarty
+20:16:15 <anzeljg> and xml perhaps?
+20:16:36 <aqualaptop> the js one is basically the same as the php one, if anyone can skim over it and let me know, or make changes
+20:16:45 <aqualaptop> the php one could also have an eye
+20:16:51 <aqualaptop> xml could do as well
+20:16:55 <aqualaptop> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines
+20:17:24 <aqualaptop> #info language guidelines to have, php, js, css, tpl, sql, xml
+20:17:48 <iarenaza> #info If anyone can skim over the Coding guidelines, let Hugh know about changes, suggestions, etc.
+20:18:32 <iarenaza> ok, so the only remaining item is Kristina's: "kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc"
+20:18:52 <iarenaza> I'm going to copy&paste what she emailed me.
+20:19:11 <iarenaza> But basically, Laurent had already added his thoughts about getting his
+20:19:11 <iarenaza> oEmbed plugin into core at
+20:19:12 <iarenaza> https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/External_media_block_extension
+20:19:42 <iarenaza> At that time I had asked him to wait with the implementation until we
+20:19:49 <iarenaza> had finished the refactoring of the external media block for the safe
+20:19:58 <iarenaza> iframe admin interface as that changed a few things for 1.6 now. Once we
+20:20:04 <iarenaza> were done I let him know but haven't received a response so far. When I
+20:20:09 <iarenaza> saw dajan in Fribourg at the beginning of August, he said he would talk
+20:20:13 <iarenaza> to Laurent and see if he could put it into the review system. The
+20:20:17 <iarenaza> earliest integration would be for Mahara 1.7 now as the feature freeze
+20:20:21 <iarenaza> had been at the beginning of August.
+20:20:31 <iarenaza> In regard to embed.ly: Anyone can install it, but I would recommend not
+20:20:35 <iarenaza> making it part of Mahara core as it relies on a third-party and the
+20:20:38 <iarenaza> availability of their APIs that are not open (if I understand
+20:20:41 <iarenaza> correctly). I could see a similar problem appearing as with the Google
+20:20:45 <iarenaza> Apps block where we need to update constantly to keep up. Besides, from
+20:20:48 <iarenaza> 1.6 on you can use the safeiframe admin interface to easily add
+20:20:52 <iarenaza> additional iframes. And they don't just work in the external media block
+20:20:55 <iarenaza> but also in journals and text boxes. :-)
+20:21:00 <iarenaza> That doesn't have anything to do with shared hosting though. Don't know
+20:21:03 <iarenaza> what anzeljg is referring to there.
+20:21:04 <iarenaza> ..
+20:21:09 <iarenaza> That's it!
+20:21:23 <aqualaptop> updated the guidelines page for other languages, just shells for now, but i'll put something in them
+20:21:29 <aqualaptop> wow, that is an email and a half
+20:21:29 <anzeljg> Kristina talked to me and said that people that are on shared hosting
+20:21:53 <anzeljg> could not use oembed and that it would be nice for them to have a chance to use embed.ly
+20:22:08 <anzeljg> ..
+20:23:31 <iarenaza> So the idea would be to include oEmbed in core, as use embed.ly (as a contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed?
+20:23:58 <anzeljg> YES, if i understood that correctly
+20:24:21 <aqualaptop> that looks about right
+20:24:35 <aqualaptop> and make use of safe iframes as well
+20:24:44 <iarenaza> yes, of course.
+20:25:11 <anzeljg> regarding Google Apps
+20:25:23 <anzeljg> i think we agreed that we put them out of core
+20:25:43 <anzeljg> also i'm working on integrating that as a part of cloud plugin
+20:25:56 <aqualaptop> yeh, that is on elky's todo list, make sure that it works with safe-iframes out of box or something
+20:25:59 <anzeljg> but Google support for embedding things, etc. SUCK!!!
+20:26:06 <anzeljg> ..
+20:26:10 <aqualaptop> anzeljg: how is your cloud thing going?
+20:26:19 <anzeljg> what do you mean
+20:26:24 <iarenaza> there's nothing in the minutes about it (putting it out of core), but I seem to remember that was the general consensus
+20:26:42 <anzeljg> iarenaza: a meeting before...
+20:27:03 <aqualaptop> i seem to recall that came up in our internal team meeting that she was taking it out, i could be wrong though
+20:27:20 <iarenaza> #idea Include oEmbed in core (making use of safe iframes), as use embed.ly (as a contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed
+20:27:39 <iarenaza> #undo
+20:27:39 <maharameet> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Idea object at 0x1350810>
+20:27:57 <iarenaza> #idea Include oEmbed in core (making use of safe iframes), and use embed.ly (as a contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed
+20:28:04 <anzeljg> aqualaptop: basic frame is completed and so is support/integration of Box, Dropbox, SUgarSync, Zotero, WIndows Live SkyDrive
+20:28:19 <anzeljg> finnishing integration for Google Dive and GitHub...
+20:28:29 <anzeljg> Evernote on horizon...
+20:28:31 <anzeljg> ..
+20:29:07 <aqualaptop> nice
+20:29:27 <aqualaptop> alan has appeared on our irc channel, i have asked him if he knows what "plans" are
+20:29:32 <aqualaptop> to hijack a topic :P
+20:30:01 <aqualaptop> no resp though
+20:30:44 <iarenaza> So coming back to the oEmbed integration, we should ping Laurent
+20:31:23 <iarenaza> to ask him to make any changes needed for safe iframe integration,
+20:31:31 <aqualaptop> yeh, will have to wait for 1.7 now, but would be good to get it in earlyish
+20:31:41 <iarenaza> and then put the code in the review system. Is that it?
+20:31:59 <aqualaptop> yup
+20:32:05 <iarenaza> Do we have an estimate for 1.7 feature freeze date? So we can tell Laurent
+20:32:13 <aqualaptop> feature freeze is feb next year
+20:32:19 <aqualaptop> https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle
+20:32:24 <aqualaptop> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle
+20:32:35 <aqualaptop> like clockwork now :D
+20:32:36 <iarenaza> Ok, that should be enough time. But as you say, the sooner, the better :-)
+20:32:51 <aqualaptop> yeh, less rush on reviewers
+20:33:47 <iarenaza> I'll contact dajan to get Laurent's contact, and tell him about the plan and dates.
+20:34:01 <aqualaptop> sweet :D
+20:34:12 <iarenaza> #action iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan and the dates.
+20:34:24 <iarenaza> Shall we move onto the next topic?
+20:34:48 <aqualaptop> sounds good
+20:34:51 <iarenaza> #topic Supported android versions (and iphone?) for responsive design (2.2?)
+20:35:00 <iarenaza> all yours aqualaptop :-)
+20:35:42 <aqualaptop> righto, we decided in our internal meeting the other day that we should have support for only some android versions
+20:35:59 <aqualaptop> we threw out the ballpark number of 2.2, which sounds reasonable
+20:36:23 <iarenaza> yep, 2.1 and lower are a minority now.
+20:36:33 <aqualaptop> i also think we should do the same for iOS, but nfi how that works, /me despises apple
+20:36:42 <aqualaptop> any macfans here?
+20:36:49 <iarenaza> not me :-)
+20:36:56 <sonn> not me
+20:37:09 <anzeljg> no
+20:37:12 <aqualaptop> heh
+20:37:21 <iarenaza> aqualaptop: are you talking about native apps or just web thingie?
+20:37:28 <aqualaptop> shall we just say current - 2, like for android?
+20:37:30 <aqualaptop> oh, sorry
+20:37:38 <aqualaptop> this is for the new responsive design for 1.6
+20:38:06 <aqualaptop> maharadroid is done by alanmc, seperate issue
+20:38:15 <iarenaza> aqualaptop: just to be sure :-)
+20:38:20 <aqualaptop> don't believe there is an iphone app, but there may, but isn't core
+20:38:30 <aqualaptop> so yeh, this is just the theme, so mobile browser
+20:38:32 <iarenaza> aqualaptop: yes, there is, by a third party
+20:39:28 <aqualaptop> righto
+20:39:32 <aqualaptop> #link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history
+20:40:05 <aqualaptop> so we should upport 5.1.1
+20:40:44 <aqualaptop> there "current"
+20:40:53 <aqualaptop> that sound good to ppl?
+20:41:25 <iarenaza> i know there are still quite a few iPhone 3G going around.
+20:41:54 <iarenaza> Don't know how big is the difference between 4.2.1 and 5.1.1. browsers.
+20:42:26 <iarenaza> But given that resources are limited, 5.1.1 looks like a compromise
+20:43:02 <sonn> good to me
+20:43:19 <aqualaptop> i'll check what android classes 2.2 as
+20:43:52 <aqualaptop> so 2.2 is current - 4
+20:44:09 <aqualaptop> may 10
+20:44:28 <aqualaptop> so 4.2.1 should be reasonable then?
+20:44:31 <aqualaptop> datewise
+20:44:42 <aqualaptop> can't see anything about "supported" with android
+20:45:00 <iarenaza> it depends on the manufacturer a lot.
+20:45:17 <aqualaptop> or we could up the android one to 2.3?
+20:45:43 <aqualaptop> thouh i think there are a lot of rougue froyo's round
+20:46:01 <aqualaptop> shall we say 2.2 for android, and 4.2.1 for ios
+20:46:07 <iarenaza> are we primarily targeting phones or tablets?
+20:46:08 <aqualaptop> that is just for 1.6 release
+20:46:15 <aqualaptop> both i believe
+20:46:48 <iarenaza> cause it makes a (big) difference. Tablets are 3.x and up (except rare units)
+20:47:22 <iarenaza> but phones have lots and lots of units in 2.3 (and probably 2.2)
+20:48:00 <aqualaptop> i would say have same compatability with both, and then change for 1.7
+20:48:21 <aqualaptop> probably just a "hunch" of what devices are out there
+20:48:25 <iarenaza> But at the end, it boils down to differences in the shipped browsers. If they are bug-compatible, the os version doesn't matter
+20:48:58 <aqualaptop> yeh, llike i mean, i don't think we have a backwards supported version for chrome and ff? correct me if wrong
+20:49:03 <aqualaptop> though IE can diaf :D
+20:49:21 <iarenaza> :-)
+20:49:45 <aqualaptop> but i'm pretty sure mahara won't work right on chrome and ff in the low low versions (ie the ones on current debian stable, which can't even open facebook :P)
+20:50:14 <iarenaza> so, do we agree on 2.2+ for android and 4.2.1+ for ios?
+20:50:25 <aqualaptop> this all came up because one of our testers found a bug in a 2.1 device iirc
+20:50:28 <aqualaptop> #agree
+20:50:35 <iarenaza> #agree
+20:50:36 <sonn> #agree
+20:50:44 <anzeljg> #agree
+20:50:50 <aqualaptop> settled
+20:51:05 <aqualaptop> closer to 1.7, we can decide on new versions
+20:51:11 <aqualaptop> but that should be all for now
+20:51:13 <sonn> sure
+20:51:15 <aqualaptop> next topic?
+20:51:23 <iarenaza> #agreed support responsive design on 2.2+ for android and 4.2.1+ for ios
+20:51:45 <iarenaza> #topic Testers welcome during RC period (incl new responsive design, as well as other new features)
+20:52:02 <aqualaptop> righto, the next topic will explain the release process a bit more
+20:52:10 <aqualaptop> but the gist is, UI freeze is happening today
+20:52:17 <aqualaptop> then next week a RC will come out
+20:52:26 <iarenaza> #info UI freeze is happening today
+20:52:30 <aqualaptop> then in 3 weeks after that, 1.6 :D
+20:52:50 <iarenaza> Whoho!
+20:52:51 <aqualaptop> so, there are lots of new features in 1.6, and lots of UI changes (a responsive design for one!)
+20:53:10 <iarenaza> #info lots of new features in 1.6, and lots of UI changes
+20:53:15 <aqualaptop> it would be good if we can get ppl to test all this (it has been through review, but that doesn't always catch everythign)
+20:53:36 <aqualaptop> so, when RC comes out, tell friends and family, install it (or upgrade it), and tes test test
+20:53:39 <aqualaptop> and file bugs
+20:53:53 <aqualaptop> and we shall fix any release critical bugs before 1.6
+20:54:02 <aqualaptop> ..
+20:54:13 <iarenaza> #info when RC comes out, install it (or upgrade it), and test, and file bugs
+20:55:14 <iarenaza> ok, I'll rather busy during those 3 weeks, but I'll try to upgrade a copy of our production instance and see how it goes.
+20:56:03 <iarenaza> I'll also spread the word in the Spanish Moot (19-21 Sept)
+20:56:39 <aqualaptop> :D
+20:56:55 <iarenaza> Any other thing on this topic?
+20:57:13 <aqualaptop> that is all
+20:57:26 <iarenaza> #topic Next steps for the release
+20:57:45 <aqualaptop> #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle
+20:57:55 <aqualaptop> as mentioned before, we have this new release cycle
+20:58:16 <aqualaptop> we've had the feature freeze, and the UI freeze is happening today (NZ time, COB afaik)
+20:58:26 <aqualaptop> next step is
+20:58:34 <aqualaptop> - RC comes out next week
+20:58:39 <aqualaptop> - 3 weeks of testing
+20:58:53 <aqualaptop> during which time any release critical bugs are fixed
+20:59:08 <aqualaptop> - 1st week of october, 16 is released
+20:59:14 <iarenaza> #info RC comes out next week, then 3 weeks of testing (with only critical bugs fixed)
+20:59:39 <iarenaza> #info 1st week of october, 1.6 is released
+20:59:43 <aqualaptop> after which, bugs are fixed as normal, most on master, and only things that are critical to 1.6, and point releases made
+20:59:48 <aqualaptop> any questions?
+20:59:49 <aqualaptop> ..
+21:00:01 <iarenaza> I don't see the release party on the calendar? :-?
+21:00:31 <anzeljg> how long are new features accepted (for 1.7 i mean)
+21:01:00 <aqualaptop> till about feb next year, same link, shows a cool graphic that elky put up
+21:01:01 <iarenaza> anzeljg: supposedly until the next feature freeze (feb 2013)
+21:01:09 <aqualaptop> showing holidays and ubuntu releases etc
+21:01:30 <anzeljg> iarenaza: yeah, what about testing and review?
+21:01:30 <iarenaza> aqualaptop: very informative indeed!
+21:01:50 <aqualaptop> yeh, she is good at making stuff like that
+21:02:09 <iarenaza> anzeljg: I guess not pushing to the last minute is always a good idea :-)
+21:02:09 <aqualaptop> i found out yesterday that she has a neat thing that takes all our emails saying who is sick, and puts them in a calendar
+21:02:23 <aqualaptop> yup, submit early, submit often :D
+21:02:58 <iarenaza> so if you estimate that the testing and review is going to take, say, 2 weeks, better submit it one month before the deadline (just in case)
+21:03:21 <iarenaza> s/one month before/at least one month before/
+21:03:30 <aqualaptop> yeh i would say that
+21:03:41 <aqualaptop> any closer, it starts getting prioritized
+21:05:25 <iarenaza> is there a way to "brive" reviewers to prioritize one's changes? }:-)
+21:05:43 <aqualaptop> brive them, prob not :P
+21:05:47 <aqualaptop> bribe on the other hand
+21:05:51 <aqualaptop> maybe
+21:05:58 <iarenaza> s/brive/bribe/ (oops!)
+21:06:00 <aqualaptop> make it a cool feature :P
+21:07:04 <anzeljg> skins?!? (if time permits)
+21:07:38 <aqualaptop> could be cool
+21:07:41 <iarenaza> anzeljg: that would be cool. But with the new responsive design, that could be tricky
+21:07:50 <aqualaptop> but yes, i think 1.7 features is a topic for another meeting :D
+21:08:15 <iarenaza> anything else for this topic? anyone?
+21:09:03 <anzeljg> i would like more info on responsive design (private email please)
+21:10:19 <iarenaza> ok, so move on to next topic
+21:10:22 <iarenaza> #topic Next meeting and Chair
+21:10:27 <aqualaptop> anzeljg: flick me an email, hugh@catalyst.net.nz with what you want
+21:10:32 <aqualaptop> i'll volunteer
+21:11:25 <iarenaza> #action aqualaptop to chair next meeting
+21:12:05 <iarenaza> I was going to propose Sept, 26 for next meeting, but that's the week before the 1.6 release.
+21:12:10 <iarenaza> Maybe it's not a good idea.
+21:12:18 <aqualaptop> hrm, maybe the week after
+21:12:22 <aqualaptop> or 2 weeks?
+21:12:34 <iarenaza> yeah, was thinking the same.
+21:12:52 <iarenaza> Oct, 17?
+21:13:07 <anzeljg> fine
+21:13:13 <aqualaptop> fbm
+21:13:14 <sonn> fine for me
+21:13:20 <aqualaptop> time, evening nz this one
+21:13:24 <iarenaza> 07:30 UTC this time
+21:13:53 <iarenaza> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting
+21:13:57 <iarenaza> That would be it?
+21:14:54 <aqualaptop> looks about right
+21:14:59 <aqualaptop> #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting
+21:15:34 <iarenaza> So we'll move on to the last topic
+21:15:38 <iarenaza> #topic Any other business
+21:15:41 <aqualaptop> yup
+21:15:45 <anzeljg> got one
+21:15:47 <iarenaza> aqualaptop: I think you had one
+21:15:55 <aqualaptop> i'll be quick
+21:16:10 <aqualaptop> so, there is something in the reviews for changing templating system
+21:16:18 <aqualaptop> #link https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:twig,n,z
+21:16:26 <aqualaptop> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001
+21:16:41 <aqualaptop> chris at catalyst was doing this, but he is leaving tomorrow
+21:17:00 <anzeljg> everybody is leaving?!?
+21:17:09 <aqualaptop> it has been put off for 1.7 (because of the release, not him)
+21:17:21 <aqualaptop> but i think it should get done soon after the release
+21:17:31 <aqualaptop> i'll probably take over it
+21:18:00 <iarenaza> twig was mostly compatible with dwoo, wasn't it?
+21:18:04 <aqualaptop> he is leaving cat, but has shown interest in sticking round the mahara community, tried to get him here today, but too early :P
+21:18:07 <elky> anzeljg, it's been one of those years. chris wasn't a core dev so it's not like francois and richard going, thank goodness.
+21:18:17 <elky> ohai
+21:18:22 <aqualaptop> ohai
+21:18:31 <sonn> hi
+21:18:40 <aqualaptop> so yeh, that is that, mention it at next meeting i guess
+21:18:42 <aqualaptop> ..
+21:18:46 <iarenaza> hi elky, are you feeling better?
+21:18:55 <elky> aqualaptop, i have no clue what "plans" were at the moment
+21:19:05 <aqualaptop> lol, was just asking that
+21:19:21 <elky> iarenaza, trying to :) i have to give a presentation on sunday
+21:19:29 <iarenaza> ups!
+21:19:45 <aqualaptop> righto, i think that is all AOB for me
+21:19:51 <aqualaptop> anzeljg:
+21:20:48 <anzeljg> right
+21:21:03 <jimcrib> I will still be around aqualaptop
+21:21:04 <anzeljg> some time ago me and Kristina had a talk about PluralForms
+21:21:30 <anzeljg> there were question in German Translation Community on how to translate PluralForms etc.
+21:21:58 <anzeljg> I think it is a good idea that we document PluralForms and their usage somewhere on the wiki
+21:22:25 <iarenaza> #idea document PluralForms and their usage somewhere on the wiki
+21:22:31 <anzeljg> and also have a list of string that already are PluralForm "compatible" and the ones that shpuld become that...
+21:22:31 <anzeljg> ..
+21:23:06 <iarenaza> anzeljg: is PluralForms used outside the German translation?
+21:23:45 <anzeljg> Slovenian (obviously)
+21:24:06 <anzeljg> Should be useful for all slavic languages: Czech, Russian, Croatian, etc.
+21:24:12 <anzeljg> AFAIK
+21:24:12 <anzeljg> ..
+21:24:47 <iarenaza> anzeljg: thanks a lot
+21:25:25 <aqualaptop> awesome
+21:25:37 <iarenaza> anzeljg: do you volunteer to document it?
+21:26:09 <iarenaza> as you seem to know it quite well :-)
+21:26:27 <anzeljg> if Kristina will help than yes...
+21:26:31 <aqualaptop> oh yeh, i forgot to link this before
+21:26:47 <aqualaptop> #link http://master-mahara.catalystdemo.net.nz/ (has the responsive theme on it, current with review system)
+21:27:00 <aqualaptop> and will have one more AOB once everyone is done :P
+21:27:00 <anzeljg> or anybody from Catalyst who knows the strings
+21:27:09 <aqualaptop> ohai?
+21:27:22 <aqualaptop> oh, documentation
+21:27:26 <aqualaptop> swear word
+21:27:31 <aqualaptop> urg
+21:27:58 <elky> ...
+21:27:58 <iarenaza> anzeljg: ok, won't make it an action item until you talk to Kristina :-)
+21:28:52 <anzeljg> no iarenaza, just do the action item
+21:28:58 <iarenaza> ok
+21:29:30 <iarenaza> #action anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms and their usage on the wiki
+21:29:44 <anzeljg> :)
+21:30:15 <iarenaza> anyone else? (apart from aqualaptop)
+21:31:19 <iarenaza> so aqualaptop, all yours again!
+21:31:33 <aqualaptop> swt
+21:31:46 <aqualaptop> right, so, as some of you may of seen if you look at the reviews
+21:32:00 <aqualaptop> i tend to use one site for all of the stuff that needs testing remotely
+21:32:19 <aqualaptop> i was thinking, i could hook up gerrit to our deployment system at catalyst
+21:32:40 <aqualaptop> so that we can deploy a "review" and keep it up to date by "redeploying" it
+21:32:58 <aqualaptop> this allows a quick and easy way to be able to test a new feature etc
+21:33:09 <aqualaptop> will require someone from catalyst to do the button press
+21:33:17 <aqualaptop> but yeh, that is a WIP
+21:33:35 <aqualaptop> and it could be done further by automatically putting in some content etc
+21:33:42 <aqualaptop> ..
+21:33:55 <anzeljg> sorry, but i'll have to leave
+21:33:57 <anzeljg> bye
+21:34:00 <iarenaza> bye anzeljg
+21:34:11 <aqualaptop> cya
+21:34:13 <elky> bye anzeljg, thanks for coming
+21:35:17 <aqualaptop> oh, and these testing sites will probably have automatic browserid etc set up
+21:36:27 <iarenaza> but that would be for testers only, right?
+21:36:48 <aqualaptop> anyone who wants to test
+21:38:18 <iarenaza> Aha. And how would the give feedback to developers/reviewers? via launchpad? gerrit?
+21:38:32 <aqualaptop> gerrit still
+21:38:41 <aqualaptop> so it would be based of a gerrit changeset
+21:38:48 <aqualaptop> exactly same code etc
+21:38:57 <aqualaptop> but just installed somewhere to test easily
+21:39:38 <aqualaptop> and i was thinking (more long term this one), if we actually started sending in test cases, we could test automatically, would still need someone to test manually though
+21:39:56 <sonn> It would be great
+21:40:56 <aqualaptop> that said, this may not happen for a while, dependant on my time
+21:40:57 <iarenaza> Looks like a plan :-)
+21:41:16 <aqualaptop> but yes, that is all from me now, i on't think any more AOB's for today :P
+21:41:24 <iarenaza> :-D
+21:41:59 <iarenaza> So anything else before I close the meeting?
+21:42:37 <aqualaptop> nothing from me
+21:42:53 <iarenaza> #endmeeting
+ diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..f73dbb86b3cd8d1d65ee9da8a514f20e5016028e --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.txt @@ -0,0 +1,352 @@ +20:10:10 #startmeeting +20:10:10 Meeting started Wed Aug 29 20:10:10 2012 UTC. The chair is iarenaza. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. +20:10:10 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic. +20:10:22 #info iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Spain +20:10:35 #info aqualaptop is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT Ltd, NZ +20:10:44 #info anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, Gimnazija Bežigrad, Ljubljana, Slovenia +20:10:45 #info sonn Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT Ltd., NZ +20:11:02 #topic Items from last meetings +20:11:15 There were three items in the last meeting minutes: +20:11:25 1. hugh to work with alan on maharadroid/api stuff before feature freeze +20:11:57 all done +20:12:07 fine! +20:12:15 2. elky to confirm plans with alan +20:12:36 I guess you can't confirm this, aqualaptop, can you? +20:12:55 hrm, do we know whats "plans" were? +20:13:10 i prob can't i'm afaid +20:13:24 I don't. I think I should have had a closer look at the full irc log +20:13:50 Ok, no problem. We'll move it to the pending items for next meeting. +20:14:00 sure +20:14:23 alan doesn't appear to be on our internal irc currently, i pinged elky on there though +20:14:26 no resp +20:14:53 the action item is from the topic about updating code guidelines and extend it to other than php +20:15:07 ah, awesome, i thought that was a few meetings ago :P +20:15:13 https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines +20:15:17 it has php, js +20:15:28 and i'm going to put up css with help of our designer +20:15:33 css? +20:15:39 * aqualaptop has had a hard time with all the new themeing reviews +20:15:40 oh... i see +20:15:55 there is also sql that could go up there? +20:16:10 and maybe tpl, though we may change templating engine from smarty +20:16:15 and xml perhaps? +20:16:36 the js one is basically the same as the php one, if anyone can skim over it and let me know, or make changes +20:16:45 the php one could also have an eye +20:16:51 xml could do as well +20:16:55 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines +20:17:24 #info language guidelines to have, php, js, css, tpl, sql, xml +20:17:48 #info If anyone can skim over the Coding guidelines, let Hugh know about changes, suggestions, etc. +20:18:32 ok, so the only remaining item is Kristina's: "kristina, dajan and anzeljg to coordinate and extend anzeljg's spec to work out similarities and differences etc" +20:18:52 I'm going to copy&paste what she emailed me. +20:19:11 But basically, Laurent had already added his thoughts about getting his +20:19:11 oEmbed plugin into core at +20:19:12 https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/External_media_block_extension +20:19:42 At that time I had asked him to wait with the implementation until we +20:19:49 had finished the refactoring of the external media block for the safe +20:19:58 iframe admin interface as that changed a few things for 1.6 now. Once we +20:20:04 were done I let him know but haven't received a response so far. When I +20:20:09 saw dajan in Fribourg at the beginning of August, he said he would talk +20:20:13 to Laurent and see if he could put it into the review system. The +20:20:17 earliest integration would be for Mahara 1.7 now as the feature freeze +20:20:21 had been at the beginning of August. +20:20:31 In regard to embed.ly: Anyone can install it, but I would recommend not +20:20:35 making it part of Mahara core as it relies on a third-party and the +20:20:38 availability of their APIs that are not open (if I understand +20:20:41 correctly). I could see a similar problem appearing as with the Google +20:20:45 Apps block where we need to update constantly to keep up. Besides, from +20:20:48 1.6 on you can use the safeiframe admin interface to easily add +20:20:52 additional iframes. And they don't just work in the external media block +20:20:55 but also in journals and text boxes. :-) +20:21:00 That doesn't have anything to do with shared hosting though. Don't know +20:21:03 what anzeljg is referring to there. +20:21:04 .. +20:21:09 That's it! +20:21:23 updated the guidelines page for other languages, just shells for now, but i'll put something in them +20:21:29 wow, that is an email and a half +20:21:29 Kristina talked to me and said that people that are on shared hosting +20:21:53 could not use oembed and that it would be nice for them to have a chance to use embed.ly +20:22:08 .. +20:23:31 So the idea would be to include oEmbed in core, as use embed.ly (as a contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed? +20:23:58 YES, if i understood that correctly +20:24:21 that looks about right +20:24:35 and make use of safe iframes as well +20:24:44 yes, of course. +20:25:11 regarding Google Apps +20:25:23 i think we agreed that we put them out of core +20:25:43 also i'm working on integrating that as a part of cloud plugin +20:25:56 yeh, that is on elky's todo list, make sure that it works with safe-iframes out of box or something +20:25:59 but Google support for embedding things, etc. SUCK!!! +20:26:06 .. +20:26:10 anzeljg: how is your cloud thing going? +20:26:19 what do you mean +20:26:24 there's nothing in the minutes about it (putting it out of core), but I seem to remember that was the general consensus +20:26:42 iarenaza: a meeting before... +20:27:03 i seem to recall that came up in our internal team meeting that she was taking it out, i could be wrong though +20:27:20 #idea Include oEmbed in core (making use of safe iframes), as use embed.ly (as a contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed +20:27:39 #undo +20:27:39 Removing item from minutes: +20:27:57 #idea Include oEmbed in core (making use of safe iframes), and use embed.ly (as a contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed +20:28:04 aqualaptop: basic frame is completed and so is support/integration of Box, Dropbox, SUgarSync, Zotero, WIndows Live SkyDrive +20:28:19 finnishing integration for Google Dive and GitHub... +20:28:29 Evernote on horizon... +20:28:31 .. +20:29:07 nice +20:29:27 alan has appeared on our irc channel, i have asked him if he knows what "plans" are +20:29:32 to hijack a topic :P +20:30:01 no resp though +20:30:44 So coming back to the oEmbed integration, we should ping Laurent +20:31:23 to ask him to make any changes needed for safe iframe integration, +20:31:31 yeh, will have to wait for 1.7 now, but would be good to get it in earlyish +20:31:41 and then put the code in the review system. Is that it? +20:31:59 yup +20:32:05 Do we have an estimate for 1.7 feature freeze date? So we can tell Laurent +20:32:13 feature freeze is feb next year +20:32:19 https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle +20:32:24 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle +20:32:35 like clockwork now :D +20:32:36 Ok, that should be enough time. But as you say, the sooner, the better :-) +20:32:51 yeh, less rush on reviewers +20:33:47 I'll contact dajan to get Laurent's contact, and tell him about the plan and dates. +20:34:01 sweet :D +20:34:12 #action iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan and the dates. +20:34:24 Shall we move onto the next topic? +20:34:48 sounds good +20:34:51 #topic Supported android versions (and iphone?) for responsive design (2.2?) +20:35:00 all yours aqualaptop :-) +20:35:42 righto, we decided in our internal meeting the other day that we should have support for only some android versions +20:35:59 we threw out the ballpark number of 2.2, which sounds reasonable +20:36:23 yep, 2.1 and lower are a minority now. +20:36:33 i also think we should do the same for iOS, but nfi how that works, /me despises apple +20:36:42 any macfans here? +20:36:49 not me :-) +20:36:56 not me +20:37:09 no +20:37:12 heh +20:37:21 aqualaptop: are you talking about native apps or just web thingie? +20:37:28 shall we just say current - 2, like for android? +20:37:30 oh, sorry +20:37:38 this is for the new responsive design for 1.6 +20:38:06 maharadroid is done by alanmc, seperate issue +20:38:15 aqualaptop: just to be sure :-) +20:38:20 don't believe there is an iphone app, but there may, but isn't core +20:38:30 so yeh, this is just the theme, so mobile browser +20:38:32 aqualaptop: yes, there is, by a third party +20:39:28 righto +20:39:32 #link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history +20:40:05 so we should upport 5.1.1 +20:40:44 there "current" +20:40:53 that sound good to ppl? +20:41:25 i know there are still quite a few iPhone 3G going around. +20:41:54 Don't know how big is the difference between 4.2.1 and 5.1.1. browsers. +20:42:26 But given that resources are limited, 5.1.1 looks like a compromise +20:43:02 good to me +20:43:19 i'll check what android classes 2.2 as +20:43:52 so 2.2 is current - 4 +20:44:09 may 10 +20:44:28 so 4.2.1 should be reasonable then? +20:44:31 datewise +20:44:42 can't see anything about "supported" with android +20:45:00 it depends on the manufacturer a lot. +20:45:17 or we could up the android one to 2.3? +20:45:43 thouh i think there are a lot of rougue froyo's round +20:46:01 shall we say 2.2 for android, and 4.2.1 for ios +20:46:07 are we primarily targeting phones or tablets? +20:46:08 that is just for 1.6 release +20:46:15 both i believe +20:46:48 cause it makes a (big) difference. Tablets are 3.x and up (except rare units) +20:47:22 but phones have lots and lots of units in 2.3 (and probably 2.2) +20:48:00 i would say have same compatability with both, and then change for 1.7 +20:48:21 probably just a "hunch" of what devices are out there +20:48:25 But at the end, it boils down to differences in the shipped browsers. If they are bug-compatible, the os version doesn't matter +20:48:58 yeh, llike i mean, i don't think we have a backwards supported version for chrome and ff? correct me if wrong +20:49:03 though IE can diaf :D +20:49:21 :-) +20:49:45 but i'm pretty sure mahara won't work right on chrome and ff in the low low versions (ie the ones on current debian stable, which can't even open facebook :P) +20:50:14 so, do we agree on 2.2+ for android and 4.2.1+ for ios? +20:50:25 this all came up because one of our testers found a bug in a 2.1 device iirc +20:50:28 #agree +20:50:35 #agree +20:50:36 #agree +20:50:44 #agree +20:50:50 settled +20:51:05 closer to 1.7, we can decide on new versions +20:51:11 but that should be all for now +20:51:13 sure +20:51:15 next topic? +20:51:23 #agreed support responsive design on 2.2+ for android and 4.2.1+ for ios +20:51:45 #topic Testers welcome during RC period (incl new responsive design, as well as other new features) +20:52:02 righto, the next topic will explain the release process a bit more +20:52:10 but the gist is, UI freeze is happening today +20:52:17 then next week a RC will come out +20:52:26 #info UI freeze is happening today +20:52:30 then in 3 weeks after that, 1.6 :D +20:52:50 Whoho! +20:52:51 so, there are lots of new features in 1.6, and lots of UI changes (a responsive design for one!) +20:53:10 #info lots of new features in 1.6, and lots of UI changes +20:53:15 it would be good if we can get ppl to test all this (it has been through review, but that doesn't always catch everythign) +20:53:36 so, when RC comes out, tell friends and family, install it (or upgrade it), and tes test test +20:53:39 and file bugs +20:53:53 and we shall fix any release critical bugs before 1.6 +20:54:02 .. +20:54:13 #info when RC comes out, install it (or upgrade it), and test, and file bugs +20:55:14 ok, I'll rather busy during those 3 weeks, but I'll try to upgrade a copy of our production instance and see how it goes. +20:56:03 I'll also spread the word in the Spanish Moot (19-21 Sept) +20:56:39 :D +20:56:55 Any other thing on this topic? +20:57:13 that is all +20:57:26 #topic Next steps for the release +20:57:45 #link https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle +20:57:55 as mentioned before, we have this new release cycle +20:58:16 we've had the feature freeze, and the UI freeze is happening today (NZ time, COB afaik) +20:58:26 next step is +20:58:34 - RC comes out next week +20:58:39 - 3 weeks of testing +20:58:53 during which time any release critical bugs are fixed +20:59:08 - 1st week of october, 16 is released +20:59:14 #info RC comes out next week, then 3 weeks of testing (with only critical bugs fixed) +20:59:39 #info 1st week of october, 1.6 is released +20:59:43 after which, bugs are fixed as normal, most on master, and only things that are critical to 1.6, and point releases made +20:59:48 any questions? +20:59:49 .. +21:00:01 I don't see the release party on the calendar? :-? +21:00:31 how long are new features accepted (for 1.7 i mean) +21:01:00 till about feb next year, same link, shows a cool graphic that elky put up +21:01:01 anzeljg: supposedly until the next feature freeze (feb 2013) +21:01:09 showing holidays and ubuntu releases etc +21:01:30 iarenaza: yeah, what about testing and review? +21:01:30 aqualaptop: very informative indeed! +21:01:50 yeh, she is good at making stuff like that +21:02:09 anzeljg: I guess not pushing to the last minute is always a good idea :-) +21:02:09 i found out yesterday that she has a neat thing that takes all our emails saying who is sick, and puts them in a calendar +21:02:23 yup, submit early, submit often :D +21:02:58 so if you estimate that the testing and review is going to take, say, 2 weeks, better submit it one month before the deadline (just in case) +21:03:21 s/one month before/at least one month before/ +21:03:30 yeh i would say that +21:03:41 any closer, it starts getting prioritized +21:05:25 is there a way to "brive" reviewers to prioritize one's changes? }:-) +21:05:43 brive them, prob not :P +21:05:47 bribe on the other hand +21:05:51 maybe +21:05:58 s/brive/bribe/ (oops!) +21:06:00 make it a cool feature :P +21:07:04 skins?!? (if time permits) +21:07:38 could be cool +21:07:41 anzeljg: that would be cool. But with the new responsive design, that could be tricky +21:07:50 but yes, i think 1.7 features is a topic for another meeting :D +21:08:15 anything else for this topic? anyone? +21:09:03 i would like more info on responsive design (private email please) +21:10:19 ok, so move on to next topic +21:10:22 #topic Next meeting and Chair +21:10:27 anzeljg: flick me an email, hugh@catalyst.net.nz with what you want +21:10:32 i'll volunteer +21:11:25 #action aqualaptop to chair next meeting +21:12:05 I was going to propose Sept, 26 for next meeting, but that's the week before the 1.6 release. +21:12:10 Maybe it's not a good idea. +21:12:18 hrm, maybe the week after +21:12:22 or 2 weeks? +21:12:34 yeah, was thinking the same. +21:12:52 Oct, 17? +21:13:07 fine +21:13:13 fbm +21:13:14 fine for me +21:13:20 time, evening nz this one +21:13:24 07:30 UTC this time +21:13:53 http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting +21:13:57 That would be it? +21:14:54 looks about right +21:14:59 #link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting +21:15:34 So we'll move on to the last topic +21:15:38 #topic Any other business +21:15:41 yup +21:15:45 got one +21:15:47 aqualaptop: I think you had one +21:15:55 i'll be quick +21:16:10 so, there is something in the reviews for changing templating system +21:16:18 #link https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:twig,n,z +21:16:26 #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001 +21:16:41 chris at catalyst was doing this, but he is leaving tomorrow +21:17:00 everybody is leaving?!? +21:17:09 it has been put off for 1.7 (because of the release, not him) +21:17:21 but i think it should get done soon after the release +21:17:31 i'll probably take over it +21:18:00 twig was mostly compatible with dwoo, wasn't it? +21:18:04 he is leaving cat, but has shown interest in sticking round the mahara community, tried to get him here today, but too early :P +21:18:07 anzeljg, it's been one of those years. chris wasn't a core dev so it's not like francois and richard going, thank goodness. +21:18:17 ohai +21:18:22 ohai +21:18:31 hi +21:18:40 so yeh, that is that, mention it at next meeting i guess +21:18:42 .. +21:18:46 hi elky, are you feeling better? +21:18:55 aqualaptop, i have no clue what "plans" were at the moment +21:19:05 lol, was just asking that +21:19:21 iarenaza, trying to :) i have to give a presentation on sunday +21:19:29 ups! +21:19:45 righto, i think that is all AOB for me +21:19:51 anzeljg: +21:20:48 right +21:21:03 I will still be around aqualaptop +21:21:04 some time ago me and Kristina had a talk about PluralForms +21:21:30 there were question in German Translation Community on how to translate PluralForms etc. +21:21:58 I think it is a good idea that we document PluralForms and their usage somewhere on the wiki +21:22:25 #idea document PluralForms and their usage somewhere on the wiki +21:22:31 and also have a list of string that already are PluralForm "compatible" and the ones that shpuld become that... +21:22:31 .. +21:23:06 anzeljg: is PluralForms used outside the German translation? +21:23:45 Slovenian (obviously) +21:24:06 Should be useful for all slavic languages: Czech, Russian, Croatian, etc. +21:24:12 AFAIK +21:24:12 .. +21:24:47 anzeljg: thanks a lot +21:25:25 awesome +21:25:37 anzeljg: do you volunteer to document it? +21:26:09 as you seem to know it quite well :-) +21:26:27 if Kristina will help than yes... +21:26:31 oh yeh, i forgot to link this before +21:26:47 #link http://master-mahara.catalystdemo.net.nz/ (has the responsive theme on it, current with review system) +21:27:00 and will have one more AOB once everyone is done :P +21:27:00 or anybody from Catalyst who knows the strings +21:27:09 ohai? +21:27:22 oh, documentation +21:27:26 swear word +21:27:31 urg +21:27:58 ... +21:27:58 anzeljg: ok, won't make it an action item until you talk to Kristina :-) +21:28:52 no iarenaza, just do the action item +21:28:58 ok +21:29:30 #action anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms and their usage on the wiki +21:29:44 :) +21:30:15 anyone else? (apart from aqualaptop) +21:31:19 so aqualaptop, all yours again! +21:31:33 swt +21:31:46 right, so, as some of you may of seen if you look at the reviews +21:32:00 i tend to use one site for all of the stuff that needs testing remotely +21:32:19 i was thinking, i could hook up gerrit to our deployment system at catalyst +21:32:40 so that we can deploy a "review" and keep it up to date by "redeploying" it +21:32:58 this allows a quick and easy way to be able to test a new feature etc +21:33:09 will require someone from catalyst to do the button press +21:33:17 but yeh, that is a WIP +21:33:35 and it could be done further by automatically putting in some content etc +21:33:42 .. +21:33:55 sorry, but i'll have to leave +21:33:57 bye +21:34:00 bye anzeljg +21:34:11 cya +21:34:13 bye anzeljg, thanks for coming +21:35:17 oh, and these testing sites will probably have automatic browserid etc set up +21:36:27 but that would be for testers only, right? +21:36:48 anyone who wants to test +21:38:18 Aha. And how would the give feedback to developers/reviewers? via launchpad? gerrit? +21:38:32 gerrit still +21:38:41 so it would be based of a gerrit changeset +21:38:48 exactly same code etc +21:38:57 but just installed somewhere to test easily +21:39:38 and i was thinking (more long term this one), if we actually started sending in test cases, we could test automatically, would still need someone to test manually though +21:39:56 It would be great +21:40:56 that said, this may not happen for a while, dependant on my time +21:40:57 Looks like a plan :-) +21:41:16 but yes, that is all from me now, i on't think any more AOB's for today :P +21:41:24 :-D +21:41:59 So anything else before I close the meeting? +21:42:37 nothing from me +21:42:53 #endmeeting \ No newline at end of file diff --git a/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.txt b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.txt new file mode 100644 index 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000..5e81640f8011ebb49d3c83088239fea227af7f23 --- /dev/null +++ b/public_html/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.txt @@ -0,0 +1,138 @@ +=================== +#mahara-dev Meeting +=================== + + +Meeting started by iarenaza at 20:10:10 UTC. The full logs are available +at +http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2012/mahara-dev.2012-08-29-20.10.log.html +. + + + +Meeting summary +--------------- +* iarenaza is Iñaki Arenaza, Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Spain (iarenaza, + 20:10:22) +* aqualaptop is Hugh Davenport, Catalyst IT Ltd, NZ (aqualaptop, + 20:10:35) +* anzeljg is Gregor Anželj, Gimnazija Bežigrad, Ljubljana, Slovenia + (anzeljg, 20:10:44) +* sonn Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT Ltd., NZ (sonn, 20:10:45) +* Items from last meetings (iarenaza, 20:11:02) + * LINK: + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines + (aqualaptop, 20:15:13) + * LINK: + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Coding_guidelines + (aqualaptop, 20:16:55) + * language guidelines to have, php, js, css, tpl, sql, xml + (aqualaptop, 20:17:24) + * If anyone can skim over the Coding guidelines, let Hugh know about + changes, suggestions, etc. (iarenaza, 20:17:48) + * LINK: + https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/External_media_block_extension + (iarenaza, 20:19:12) + * IDEA: Include oEmbed in core (making use of safe iframes), and use + embed.ly (as a contributed plugin) for those that can't use oEmbed + (iarenaza, 20:27:57) + * LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle (aqualaptop, + 20:32:19) + * LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle (aqualaptop, + 20:32:24) + * ACTION: iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about + the plan and the dates. (iarenaza, 20:34:12) + +* Supported android versions (and iphone?) for responsive design (2.2?) + (iarenaza, 20:34:51) + * LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history + (aqualaptop, 20:39:32) + * AGREED: (iarenaza, 20:50:35) + * AGREED: support responsive design on 2.2+ for android and 4.2.1+ for + ios (iarenaza, 20:51:23) + +* Testers welcome during RC period (incl new responsive design, as well + as other new features) (iarenaza, 20:51:45) + * UI freeze is happening today (iarenaza, 20:52:26) + * lots of new features in 1.6, and lots of UI changes (iarenaza, + 20:53:10) + * when RC comes out, install it (or upgrade it), and test, and file + bugs (iarenaza, 20:54:13) + +* Next steps for the release (iarenaza, 20:57:26) + * LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/6MonthlyCycle (aqualaptop, + 20:57:45) + * RC comes out next week, then 3 weeks of testing (with only critical + bugs fixed) (iarenaza, 20:59:14) + * 1st week of october, 1.6 is released (iarenaza, 20:59:39) + +* Next meeting and Chair (iarenaza, 21:10:22) + * ACTION: aqualaptop to chair next meeting (iarenaza, 21:11:25) + * LINK: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting + (iarenaza, 21:13:53) + * LINK: + http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20121017T0730&msg=21st%20Mahara%20Developer%20Meeting + (aqualaptop, 21:14:59) + +* Any other business (iarenaza, 21:15:38) + * LINK: + https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:twig,n,z + (aqualaptop, 21:16:18) + * LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/966001 (aqualaptop, + 21:16:26) + * IDEA: document PluralForms and their usage somewhere on the wiki + (iarenaza, 21:22:25) + * LINK: http://master-mahara.catalystdemo.net.nz/ (has the responsive + theme on it, current with review system) (aqualaptop, 21:26:47) + * ACTION: anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document + PluralForms and their usage on the wiki (iarenaza, 21:29:30) + +Meeting ended at 21:42:53 UTC. + + + + +Action Items +------------ +* iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan + and the dates. +* aqualaptop to chair next meeting +* anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document PluralForms + and their usage on the wiki + + + + +Action Items, by person +----------------------- +* anzeljg + * anzeljg (with help from someone at Catalyst) will document + PluralForms and their usage on the wiki +* aqualaptop + * aqualaptop to chair next meeting +* iarenaza + * iarenaza to contact Laurent (via dajan) and tell him about the plan + and the dates. +* **UNASSIGNED** + * (none) + + + + +People Present (lines said) +--------------------------- +* aqualaptop (166) +* iarenaza (124) +* anzeljg (44) +* sonn (8) +* elky (6) +* maharameet (3) +* jimcrib (1) + + + + +Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4 + +.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot