Commit cf82a8b9 authored by Andrew Robert Nicols's avatar Andrew Robert Nicols

[mahara-dev] Meeting of 5th October 2011

Signed-off-by: default avatarAndrew Robert Nicols <andrew.nicols@luns.net.uk>
parent 4ebda432
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev Meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev Meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by dobedobedoh at 07:31:45 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Meeting attendees</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-4'>dobedobedoh</a>, 07:31:47)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd,
UK</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-6'>dobedobedoh</a>,
07:31:51)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">anzeljg is Gregor An�elj</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-7'>anzeljg</a>,
07:32:03)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT,
NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-8'>anitsirk</a>,
07:32:09)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">richardm is Richard Mansfield</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-9'>richardm</a>,
07:32:11)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">elky is Melissa Draper - Catalyst IT, NZ</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-10'>elky</a>,
07:32:26)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">pxh is Piers Harding, Catalyst</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-11'>pxh</a>,
07:32:30)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Items from previous meeting</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-16'>dobedobedoh</a>, 07:33:04)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara
integration project to run selenium tests</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-17'>dobedobedoh</a>,
07:33:07)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">dan_p LUNS to
investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run selenium
tests</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-19'>dobedobedoh</a>,
07:33:28)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">fmarier is Francois Marier</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-21'>fmarier</a>,
07:33:59)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Where should we put unit tests? [fmarier and dobedobedoh]</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-26'>dobedobedoh</a>, 07:35:19)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">dobedobedoh
to look at modifying the release script, and test running
script</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-56'>dobedobedoh</a>,
07:42:33)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Web Services - an update, and request for API ideas [pxh]</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-95'>dobedobedoh</a>, 07:52:36)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">Web Services now has OAuth support including
OOB</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-102'>dobedobedoh</a>,
07:53:37)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices">https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-103'>dobedobedoh</a>,
07:53:43)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Personal user tokens are supported and users
can manage their own tokens for specific API calls</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-104'>dobedobedoh</a>,
07:54:10)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">This should open things up more for scripting
opportunities</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-105'>dobedobedoh</a>,
07:54:57)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Existing APIs mostly centred around
myPortfolio</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-113'>dobedobedoh</a>,
07:56:48)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Wiki - Adding extensions to make adding/editing pages easier [zzmonty]</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-141'>dobedobedoh</a>, 08:09:02)</span>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Wiki - Request to allow additional extensions (.zip) to make it easier for user contributed content [zzmonty]</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-147'>dobedobedoh</a>, 08:10:29)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">dobedobedoh to add zzmonty's items to the
agenda for the next meeting</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-150'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:11:03)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next meeting time/date and Chair</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-160'>dobedobedoh</a>, 08:13:30)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><i class="itemtype">IDEA</i>: <span class="IDEA">Tuesday 1st
November @ 19:30 UTC (19:30 GMT/08:30 NZST)</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-166'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:14:35)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111108T1930">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111108T1930</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-177'>fmarier</a>,
08:17:16)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">IDEA</i>: <span class="IDEA">Tuesday 8th
November @ 19:30 UTC (19:30 GMT/08:30 9th NZST) ?</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-182'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:19:06)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED"></span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-189'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:20:35)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Next developer meeting to be held on Tuesday
8th November @ 19:30 UTC -
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111108T1930</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-192'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:21:48)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Next meeting to be chaired by richardm</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-204'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:24:26)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Any other business</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-207'>dobedobedoh</a>, 08:24:58)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">anzeljg wants to let everybody know that his
development Mahara install at http://mahara.ledina.org/DEV/ no
longer exists</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-219'>anzeljg</a>,
08:25:58)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">fmarier hasn't heard back from the author of
pChart about licensing conflicts</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-268'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:41:14)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">anzeljg implementing eZ Components
instead</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-269'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:41:35)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">No update on skins support... ongoing</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-280'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:45:40)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/721496">https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/721496</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-290'>fmarier</a>,
08:48:05)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://ezcomponents.org/docs/tutorials/Document">http://ezcomponents.org/docs/tutorials/Document</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-302'>anzeljg</a>,
08:50:03)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">HELP</i>: <span class="HELP"></span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html#l-317'>dobedobedoh</a>,
08:55:32)</span></li>
</ol>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 09:01:20 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to run selenium tests</li>
<li>dobedobedoh to look at modifying the release script, and test running script</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items, by person</h3>
<ol>
<li> dobedobedoh <ol>
<li>dobedobedoh to look at modifying the release script, and test running script</li>
</ol></li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>dobedobedoh (136)</li>
<li>fmarier (75)</li>
<li>elky (27)</li>
<li>pxh (25)</li>
<li>anzeljg (23)</li>
<li>anitsirk (17)</li>
<li>richardm (13)</li>
<li>iarenaza (7)</li>
<li>lamiette (5)</li>
<li>maharameet (3)</li>
<li>maharabot` (1)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by dobedobedoh at 07:31:45 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2011/mahara-dev.2011-10-05-07.31.log.html
.
Meeting summary
---------------
* Meeting attendees (dobedobedoh, 07:31:47)
* dobedobedoh is Andrew Nicols - LUNS Ltd, UK (dobedobedoh, 07:31:51)
* anzeljg is Gregor An�elj (anzeljg, 07:32:03)
* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst IT, NZ (anitsirk, 07:32:09)
* richardm is Richard Mansfield (richardm, 07:32:11)
* elky is Melissa Draper - Catalyst IT, NZ (elky, 07:32:26)
* pxh is Piers Harding, Catalyst (pxh, 07:32:30)
* Items from previous meeting (dobedobedoh, 07:33:04)
* dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to
run selenium tests (dobedobedoh, 07:33:07)
* ACTION: dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration
project to run selenium tests (dobedobedoh, 07:33:28)
* fmarier is Francois Marier (fmarier, 07:33:59)
* Where should we put unit tests? [fmarier and dobedobedoh]
(dobedobedoh, 07:35:19)
* ACTION: dobedobedoh to look at modifying the release script, and
test running script (dobedobedoh, 07:42:33)
* Web Services - an update, and request for API ideas [pxh]
(dobedobedoh, 07:52:36)
* Web Services now has OAuth support including OOB (dobedobedoh,
07:53:37)
* LINK: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Plugins/Artefact/WebServices
(dobedobedoh, 07:53:43)
* Personal user tokens are supported and users can manage their own
tokens for specific API calls (dobedobedoh, 07:54:10)
* This should open things up more for scripting opportunities
(dobedobedoh, 07:54:57)
* Existing APIs mostly centred around myPortfolio (dobedobedoh,
07:56:48)
* Wiki - Adding extensions to make adding/editing pages easier [zzmonty]
(dobedobedoh, 08:09:02)
* Wiki - Request to allow additional extensions (.zip) to make it easier
for user contributed content [zzmonty] (dobedobedoh, 08:10:29)
* dobedobedoh to add zzmonty's items to the agenda for the next
meeting (dobedobedoh, 08:11:03)
* Next meeting time/date and Chair (dobedobedoh, 08:13:30)
* IDEA: Tuesday 1st November @ 19:30 UTC (19:30 GMT/08:30 NZST)
(dobedobedoh, 08:14:35)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111108T1930
(fmarier, 08:17:16)
* IDEA: Tuesday 8th November @ 19:30 UTC (19:30 GMT/08:30 9th NZST) ?
(dobedobedoh, 08:19:06)
* AGREED: (dobedobedoh, 08:20:35)
* Next developer meeting to be held on Tuesday 8th November @ 19:30
UTC -
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111108T1930
(dobedobedoh, 08:21:48)
* Next meeting to be chaired by richardm (dobedobedoh, 08:24:26)
* Any other business (dobedobedoh, 08:24:58)
* anzeljg wants to let everybody know that his development Mahara
install at http://mahara.ledina.org/DEV/ no longer exists (anzeljg,
08:25:58)
* fmarier hasn't heard back from the author of pChart about licensing
conflicts (dobedobedoh, 08:41:14)
* anzeljg implementing eZ Components instead (dobedobedoh, 08:41:35)
* No update on skins support... ongoing (dobedobedoh, 08:45:40)
* LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/721496 (fmarier,
08:48:05)
* LINK: http://ezcomponents.org/docs/tutorials/Document (anzeljg,
08:50:03)
* HELP: (dobedobedoh, 08:55:32)
Meeting ended at 09:01:20 UTC.
Action Items
------------
* dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to
run selenium tests
* dobedobedoh to look at modifying the release script, and test running
script
Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* dobedobedoh
* dobedobedoh to look at modifying the release script, and test
running script
* **UNASSIGNED**
* dan_p LUNS to investigate adding a new mahara integration project to
run selenium tests
People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* dobedobedoh (136)
* fmarier (75)
* elky (27)
* pxh (25)
* anzeljg (23)
* anitsirk (17)
* richardm (13)
* iarenaza (7)
* lamiette (5)
* maharameet (3)
* maharabot` (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
Markdown is supported
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment