Commit 48049c55 authored by Mahara Bot's avatar Mahara Bot

Meetbot auto-commit

Signed-off-by: Mahara Bot's avatarMahara Bot <dev@mahara.org>
parent 8f08b3e9
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev: 64th Mahara Developer meeting on 21 March 2018</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev: 64th Mahara Developer meeting on 21 March 2018</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by cecilia at 07:06:03 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst in
Wellington, New Zealand</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-6'>anitsirk</a>,
07:06:35)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">cecilia is Cecilia Vela Gurovic, Catalyst
Wellington, New Zealand</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-7'>cecilia</a>,
07:06:40)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">robertl is Robert Lyon, Catalyst in Wellington,
New Zealand</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-8'>robertl</a>,
07:06:50)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Guest36158 is Rebecca Blundell from Catalyst
Wellington</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-9'>Guest36158</a>,
07:07:09)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Maria_ is Maria Sorica form Catalyst Eu, UK
Brighton</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-10'>Maria_</a>,
07:07:40)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">ToDo items from previous meeting</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-13'>cecilia</a>, 07:08:39)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">there are none</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-17'>cecilia</a>,
07:09:21)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Mahara 18.04 release</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-19'>cecilia</a>, 07:09:36)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">We are in release candidate phase for Mahara
18.04. See the announcement:</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-20'>anitsirk</a>,
07:09:42)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=8192">https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=8192</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-21'>anitsirk</a>,
07:09:43)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">We have a ton of new features in this upcoming
release:</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-22'>anitsirk</a>,
07:09:43)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=83189&amp;field.tag=nominatedfeature">https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=83189&amp;field.tag=nominatedfeature</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-23'>anitsirk</a>,
07:09:43)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">robertl and i discussed that we'll provide the
second release candidate either on Friday or on Monday as we've
found a few issues that should be fixed before the .0
release.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-31'>anitsirk</a>,
07:11:40)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">We are going to release 18.04.0 within the
first two weeks of April as planned to give everyone who needs to
upgrade time to do so.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-32'>anitsirk</a>,
07:12:19)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">GDPR update</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-51'>cecilia</a>, 07:19:49)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">The EU GDPR is going into effect on 25 May
2018. We talked about it in the last dev meeting:</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-52'>anitsirk</a>,
07:19:56)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2018/mahara-dev.2018-01-17-07.05.log.html#l-53">https://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2018/mahara-dev.2018-01-17-07.05.log.html#l-53</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-53'>anitsirk</a>,
07:19:57)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">since then all the features that we needed to
get into this release made it into the release candidate.</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-54'>anitsirk</a>,
07:19:57)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/GDPR_compliance#Must_do_technical_changes">https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/GDPR_compliance#Must_do_technical_changes</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-55'>anitsirk</a>,
07:19:57)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">You can see a video demoing the features</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-56'>anitsirk</a>,
07:19:57)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://youtu.be/LLSvd0lxtjM">https://youtu.be/LLSvd0lxtjM</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-57'>anitsirk</a>,
07:19:57)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">big thanks go to Maria_, cecilia and robertl
for getting all these changes into Mahara!</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-58'>anitsirk</a>,
07:20:05)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Any other business</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-69'>cecilia</a>, 07:28:04)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">the next Mahara newsletter deadline is 27 March
2018. Please send in any stories to newsletter@mahara.org</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-71'>anitsirk</a>,
07:28:56)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next meeting and chair</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-84'>cecilia</a>, 07:33:02)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180426T07&amp;p1=1440">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180426T07&amp;p1=1440</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-109'>anitsirk</a>,
07:47:10)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">The 65th Mahara developer meeting will take
place on 26 April 2018 at 7:00 UTC. anitsirk will be the
chair.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html#l-118'>cecilia</a>,
07:49:49)</span></li>
</ol>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 07:52:50 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>(none)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>anitsirk (56)</li>
<li>cecilia (39)</li>
<li>robertl (14)</li>
<li>Maria_ (13)</li>
<li>rebeccablundell (4)</li>
<li>mahara-meetbot (3)</li>
<li>Guest36158 (1)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties#Meetbot_commands">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
07:06:03 <cecilia> #startmeeting 64th Mahara Developer meeting on 21 March 2018
07:06:03 <mahara-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Mar 21 07:06:03 2018 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes. The chair is cecilia. Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties#Meetbot_commands.
07:06:03 <mahara-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
07:06:03 <mahara-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to '64th_mahara_developer_meeting_on_21_march_2018'
07:06:30 <cecilia> you can introduce yourself with #info
07:06:35 <anitsirk> #info anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst in Wellington, New Zealand
07:06:40 <cecilia> #info cecilia is Cecilia Vela Gurovic, Catalyst Wellington, New Zealand
07:06:50 <robertl> #info robertl is Robert Lyon, Catalyst in Wellington, New Zealand
07:07:09 <Guest36158> #info Guest36158 is Rebecca Blundell from Catalyst Wellington
07:07:40 <Maria_> #info Maria_ is Maria Sorica form Catalyst Eu, UK Brighton
07:08:13 <cecilia> welcome everybody :)
07:08:31 <cecilia> we can start with the first topic of the agenda
07:08:39 <cecilia> #topic ToDo items from previous meeting
07:09:04 <cecilia> it says there are none
07:09:16 <anitsirk> yep, there were none. so we can move to the next one :-)
07:09:20 <cecilia> so
07:09:21 <cecilia> #info there are none
07:09:27 <anitsirk> I only kept this on the agenda so we don't forget it for the next agenda ;-)
07:09:36 <cecilia> #topic Mahara 18.04 release
07:09:42 <anitsirk> #info We are in release candidate phase for Mahara 18.04. See the announcement:
07:09:43 <anitsirk> https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=8192
07:09:43 <anitsirk> #info We have a ton of new features in this upcoming release:
07:09:43 <anitsirk> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=83189&field.tag=nominatedfeature
07:09:43 <anitsirk> It's great to see so many new features. While we focussed on the big GDPR changes, I only realized when starting to document all these features that we've had a lot of other smaller ones as well. Though smaller, they are still important. And some of them have been on our wishlist for years!
07:10:37 <robertl> It was good to see so much of the GDPR stuff done in such a short time
07:10:50 <anitsirk> yes!
07:10:58 <anitsirk> it's certainly been a whirlwind of activity
07:11:12 <anitsirk> we'll hav the gdpr as separate agenda item
07:11:23 <cecilia> it's the next one
07:11:27 <robertl> and the release candidate 1 was out on time
07:11:40 <anitsirk> #info robertl and i discussed that we'll provide the second release candidate either on Friday or on Monday as we've found a few issues that should be fixed before the .0 release.
07:12:19 <anitsirk> #info We are going to release 18.04.0 within the first two weeks of April as planned to give everyone who needs to upgrade time to do so.
07:12:19 <robertl> there are a few high bugs that we should get sorted before rc2 - but most of them are small fixes and have patches created already
07:12:55 <anitsirk> i'll see that i can do some reviews tomorrow.
07:13:13 <anitsirk> Maria_: have you been able to install the RC already?
07:13:48 <Maria_> what is the RC? :)
07:13:57 <anitsirk> RC = release candidate :-)
07:14:03 <anitsirk> like a beta version
07:14:15 <robertl> release candidate (like an beta release)
07:14:32 <Maria_> nope, not yet
07:14:32 <robertl> means we can get some people to test before doing the stable release
07:14:46 <Maria_> I can do that today
07:16:10 <anitsirk> it would be great to test esp. with upgraded sites and then see how things fare. though you may want to go straight with what's on the 18.04 branch rather than the RC1 tag as we've already fixed a few things. would that be correct, robertl ?
07:16:36 <anitsirk> wouldn't want you to see issues we've already fixed :-)
07:17:03 <anitsirk> i think the new ones since the RC1 are https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:merged+project:mahara+branch:18.04_STABLE
07:17:06 <robertl> either should be ok for most testing - but yes the 18.04_STABLE branch to test latest fixes
07:17:24 <Maria_> cool, got it
07:18:44 <cecilia> any other comment about the release?
07:19:29 <anitsirk> nope. none from me.
07:19:45 <cecilia> we can move on then
07:19:49 <cecilia> #topic GDPR update
07:19:56 <anitsirk> #info The EU GDPR is going into effect on 25 May 2018. We talked about it in the last dev meeting:
07:19:57 <anitsirk> https://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2018/mahara-dev.2018-01-17-07.05.log.html#l-53
07:19:57 <anitsirk> #info since then all the features that we needed to get into this release made it into the release candidate.
07:19:57 <anitsirk> https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/GDPR_compliance#Must_do_technical_changes
07:19:57 <anitsirk> #info You can see a video demoing the features
07:19:57 <anitsirk> https://youtu.be/LLSvd0lxtjM
07:20:05 <anitsirk> #info big thanks go to Maria_, cecilia and robertl for getting all these changes into Mahara!
07:20:58 <anitsirk> yeah, so hopefully now everyone will ugprade and go to this release :-D
07:21:41 <robertl> so it better have it's bugs ironed out quickly ;)
07:22:35 <anitsirk> well, we haven't seen any super big things yet, which is good. good programming work, everyone
07:24:03 <anitsirk> now we'll need to make sure to be ready with the privacy statement and terms and conditions for mahara.org as well. daniel already drafted something that's good to go.
07:24:43 <anitsirk> there were a few "nice to have" things on our list that we can look into for future releases. right now it's really awesome that we managed to get all the must have's done in the short amount of time.
07:25:53 <anitsirk> seems like everyone is drained of the work and doesn't have anything left to say ;-)
07:26:30 <robertl> it is always busy during rc time :)
07:27:01 <anitsirk> yup, it is. and it seems to be coming around really quickly
07:27:30 <anitsirk> i guess it's time for the next topic
07:27:52 <cecilia> yep, if no one has anything to say
07:28:04 <cecilia> #topic Any other business
07:28:25 <anitsirk> just a quick announcement
07:28:56 <anitsirk> #info the next Mahara newsletter deadline is 27 March 2018. Please send in any stories to newsletter@mahara.org
07:30:50 <anitsirk> that's it from me
07:31:10 <cecilia> I think we don't have anything else pending
07:31:13 <robertl> noting from me but test and report bugs :)
07:31:22 <robertl> nothing from me but test and report bugs :)
07:31:25 <cecilia> anyone has something else to add?
07:31:46 <cecilia> me too robertl :)
07:31:48 <rebeccablundell> Nothing from me, obviously I am having trouble writing my name today
07:32:08 <Maria_> I'd like to help with the reviews it needed :)
07:32:18 <anitsirk> that would be great, Maria_ !
07:32:34 <cecilia> great Maria_, thanks!
07:32:55 <Maria_> awesome
07:32:59 <cecilia> last topic then
07:33:02 <cecilia> #topic Next meeting and chair
07:33:04 <rebeccablundell> I can help too, now that Pace is mostly done... at least with testing
07:33:40 <anitsirk> Maria_: i guess anything that says "master" and doesn't have a topic in parentheses and was put into review this month would be good
07:34:08 <anitsirk> rebeccablundell: great esp. since steven is going through the manual regression test suite and hasn't had time to look into what's in review.
07:34:37 <Maria_> cool, thanks
07:34:59 <Maria_> I'll assign myself and proceed :)
07:35:54 <anitsirk> sounds good
07:37:09 <Maria_> is there a WR for code reviews?
07:37:31 <anitsirk> Maria_: please check with jacques
07:37:50 <anitsirk> as it would need to be an EU one and not the one that we use in NZ
07:38:15 <Maria_> ok, thanks
07:39:39 <cecilia> should the next meeting be on April or May?
07:40:39 <robertl> Next meeting should probably be after release - with chatting about pathway for 18.10 release I recon
07:40:43 <anitsirk> cecilia: i think late april would be good to plan the next release esp if gregor can attend as he's working on a few features
07:42:25 <cecilia> cant be April 25 since it's a holiday here
07:42:38 <cecilia> can it be April 24? a Tuesday
07:43:08 <cecilia> or the 26
07:43:28 <anitsirk> 24th or 26 sounds good
07:44:05 <robertl> 26th sounds ok for me
07:44:21 <rebeccablundell> either should be OK for me that week
07:44:55 <Maria_> 26th souds good to me too
07:46:00 <cecilia> same time? 7UTC
07:46:20 <cecilia> that would be 7 pm here in NZ, right?
07:47:02 <anitsirk> yep
07:47:05 <cecilia> since the daylight savings time ends 1st of April'
07:47:10 <anitsirk> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180426T07&p1=1440
07:47:17 <cecilia> great
07:47:39 <anitsirk> and 8 am brighton
07:47:44 <anitsirk> and 4 p.m. australia
07:47:51 <anitsirk> (well, Sydney and Melbourne)
07:48:14 <cecilia> who would like to be the chair that day?
07:49:08 <anitsirk> i can be
07:49:11 <cecilia> it's not that bad :)
07:49:28 <cecilia> ok then, thanks anitsirk
07:49:49 <cecilia> #info The 65th Mahara developer meeting will take place on 26 April 2018 at 7:00 UTC. anitsirk will be the chair.
07:50:39 <cecilia> if there's nothing else, we can finish the meeting
07:50:53 <anitsirk> nope. nothing from me.
07:51:00 <anitsirk> thanks for chairing, cecilia
07:51:55 <rebeccablundell> yes, thanks cecilia :)
07:51:58 <robertl> thanks cecilia
07:52:04 <cecilia> it was fun :)
07:52:12 <anitsirk> :-)
07:52:14 <cecilia> thanks everyone!
07:52:31 <Maria_> thanks cecilia!
07:52:31 <cecilia> have a nice day/evening
07:52:47 <anitsirk> thank you, you, too. just need to finish the meeting, cecilia :-)
07:52:50 <cecilia> #endmeeting
\ No newline at end of file
===========================================================
#mahara-dev: 64th Mahara Developer meeting on 21 March 2018
===========================================================
Meeting started by cecilia at 07:06:03 UTC. The full logs are available
at mahara-dev/2018/mahara-dev.2018-03-21-07.06.log.html .
Meeting summary
---------------
* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst in Wellington, New Zealand
(anitsirk, 07:06:35)
* cecilia is Cecilia Vela Gurovic, Catalyst Wellington, New Zealand
(cecilia, 07:06:40)
* robertl is Robert Lyon, Catalyst in Wellington, New Zealand (robertl,
07:06:50)
* Guest36158 is Rebecca Blundell from Catalyst Wellington (Guest36158,
07:07:09)
* Maria_ is Maria Sorica form Catalyst Eu, UK Brighton (Maria_,
07:07:40)
* ToDo items from previous meeting (cecilia, 07:08:39)
* there are none (cecilia, 07:09:21)
* Mahara 18.04 release (cecilia, 07:09:36)
* We are in release candidate phase for Mahara 18.04. See the
announcement: (anitsirk, 07:09:42)
* LINK: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=8192
(anitsirk, 07:09:43)
* We have a ton of new features in this upcoming release: (anitsirk,
07:09:43)
* LINK:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=83189&field.tag=nominatedfeature
(anitsirk, 07:09:43)
* robertl and i discussed that we'll provide the second release
candidate either on Friday or on Monday as we've found a few issues
that should be fixed before the .0 release. (anitsirk, 07:11:40)
* We are going to release 18.04.0 within the first two weeks of April
as planned to give everyone who needs to upgrade time to do so.
(anitsirk, 07:12:19)
* GDPR update (cecilia, 07:19:49)
* The EU GDPR is going into effect on 25 May 2018. We talked about it
in the last dev meeting: (anitsirk, 07:19:56)
* LINK:
https://meetbot.mahara.org/mahara-dev/2018/mahara-dev.2018-01-17-07.05.log.html#l-53
(anitsirk, 07:19:57)
* since then all the features that we needed to get into this release
made it into the release candidate. (anitsirk, 07:19:57)
* LINK:
https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/GDPR_compliance#Must_do_technical_changes
(anitsirk, 07:19:57)
* You can see a video demoing the features (anitsirk, 07:19:57)
* LINK: https://youtu.be/LLSvd0lxtjM (anitsirk, 07:19:57)
* big thanks go to Maria_, cecilia and robertl for getting all these
changes into Mahara! (anitsirk, 07:20:05)
* Any other business (cecilia, 07:28:04)
* the next Mahara newsletter deadline is 27 March 2018. Please send in
any stories to newsletter@mahara.org (anitsirk, 07:28:56)
* Next meeting and chair (cecilia, 07:33:02)
* LINK:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180426T07&p1=1440
(anitsirk, 07:47:10)
* The 65th Mahara developer meeting will take place on 26 April 2018
at 7:00 UTC. anitsirk will be the chair. (cecilia, 07:49:49)
Meeting ended at 07:52:50 UTC.
People present (lines said)
---------------------------
* anitsirk (56)
* cecilia (39)
* robertl (14)
* Maria_ (13)
* rebeccablundell (4)
* mahara-meetbot (3)
* Guest36158 (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
\ No newline at end of file
Markdown is supported
0% or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment