Commit 7415c589 authored by Mahara Bot's avatar Mahara Bot

Meetbot auto-commit

parent cf6638f6
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev: 55th Mahara developer meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev: 55th Mahara developer meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by aarow_ at 07:56:13 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">sonn is Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT, Wellington,
NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-5'>sonn</a>,
07:56:55)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">robertl_ is Robert Lyon, Catalyst in
Wellington, New Zealand</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-7'>robertl_</a>,
07:57:05)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">aarow_ is Aaron Wells at Catalyst IT in
Wellington, NZ</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-8'>aarow_</a>,
07:57:06)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">ghada_l is Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT,
Sydney, Australia</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-9'>ghada</a>,
07:57:07)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">antonella is Antonella De Chiara from
France</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-12'>antonella</a>,
07:58:06)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">From previous meeting: aaronw_ and robertl_ to discuss the details of how to get a build branch for Mahara releases going to support those who can't use composer.</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-17'>aarow_</a>, 07:59:08)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">robertl_ and
aaronw_ haven’t made progress on it yet</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-23'>aarow_</a>,
08:00:34)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">From previous meeting: anitsirk to update the "How to contribute" wiki section that new features should have the topic set and include "(feature)".</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-25'>aarow_</a>, 08:01:05)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">Kristina marked this “done”:
https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Contributing_Code#Submitting_commits_for_review</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-26'>aarow_</a>,
08:01:24)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">sl-yairspi is Yair Spielmann, Moodle and Mahara
developer, Synergy Learning, Belfast, NI.</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-27'>sl-yairspi</a>,
08:01:31)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next meeting and chair</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-52'>aarow_</a>, 08:04:32)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160907T08&amp;p1=1440">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160907T08&amp;p1=1440</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-55'>aarow_</a>,
08:05:41)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">sonn
volunteered to chair</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-56'>aarow_</a>,
08:05:50)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">AGREED</i>: <span class="AGREED">Wed 7 Sept,
0800 UTC for the next meeting:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160907T08&amp;p1=1440</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-59'>aarow_</a>,
08:06:42)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">: Any other business?</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-61'>aarow_</a>, 08:06:55)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">We’re planning to do another security release
early next week</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-66'>aarow_</a>,
08:07:43)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">aarow_ to
update the Behat Testing setup page</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-90'>aarow_</a>,
08:13:47)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22Smart+evidence%22">https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22Smart+evidence%22</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-96'>robertl_</a>,
08:15:53)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">: SmartEvidence has a bunch of patches in review: https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22Smart+evidence%22</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-99'>aarow_</a>, 08:16:14)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">Still in WIP though</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-100'>aarow_</a>,
08:16:29)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">: Feature freeze for 16.10 is on</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-116'>aarow_</a>, 08:24:17)</span>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">16.10rc1 should be out at the end of this month</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html#l-118'>aarow_</a>, 08:24:38)</span>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 08:25:57 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>robertl_ and aaronw_ haven’t made progress on it yet</li>
<li>aarow_ to update the Behat Testing setup page</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items, by person</h3>
<ol>
<li> aarow_ <ol>
<li>aarow_ to update the Behat Testing setup page</li>
</ol></li>
<li> robertl_ <ol>
<li>robertl_ and aaronw_ haven’t made progress on it yet</li>
</ol></li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>aarow_ (57)</li>
<li>robertl_ (23)</li>
<li>ghada (22)</li>
<li>sonn (12)</li>
<li>antonella (4)</li>
<li>mahara-meetbot (3)</li>
<li>sl-yairspi (3)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties#Meetbot_commands">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
07:56:13 <aarow_> #startmeeting 55th Mahara developer meeting
07:56:13 <mahara-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Aug 3 07:56:13 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes. The chair is aarow_. Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties#Meetbot_commands.
07:56:13 <mahara-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
07:56:13 <mahara-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to '55th_mahara_developer_meeting'
07:56:55 <sonn> #info sonn is Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ
07:56:56 <aarow_> Good evening everyone. Please introduce yourself with the “#info” command
07:57:05 <robertl_> #info robertl_ is Robert Lyon, Catalyst in Wellington, New Zealand
07:57:06 <aarow_> #info aarow_ is Aaron Wells at Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ
07:57:07 <ghada> #info ghada_l is Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT, Sydney, Australia
07:57:25 <aarow_> anyone else here? :)
07:58:06 <aarow_> I guess not. Okay, let’s get started. Not a lot on the agenda for this meeting.
07:58:06 <antonella> #info antonella is Antonella De Chiara from France
07:58:21 <aarow_> Oh, hi Antonella!
07:58:43 <antonella> hello ^_^
07:58:46 <sonn> Hi Antonella
07:58:49 <aarow_> First, topics from previous meetings
07:59:08 <aarow_> #topic From previous meeting: aaronw_ and robertl_ to discuss the details of how to get a build branch for Mahara releases going to support those who can't use composer.
07:59:20 <robertl_> I've not had a chance to look into the composer issue as I've been on holidays and been busy with doing some smart evidence work
07:59:36 <aarow_> And I haven’t done much on it yet either
07:59:55 <aarow_> Okay, so I’ll table that one for next time. I think we mostly spec’ed it out pretty good at the last meeting
08:00:05 <robertl_> but I agree it needs to be done for the simplesamlphp stuff at the very least
08:00:15 <aarow_> yes
08:00:34 <aarow_> #action robertl_ and aaronw_ haven’t made progress on it yet
08:00:41 <aarow_> next topic
08:01:05 <aarow_> #topic From previous meeting: anitsirk to update the "How to contribute" wiki section that new features should have the topic set and include "(feature)".
08:01:24 <aarow_> #info Kristina marked this “done”: https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Contributing_Code#Submitting_commits_for_review
08:01:31 <sl-yairspi> #info sl-yairspi is Yair Spielmann, Moodle and Mahara developer, Synergy Learning, Belfast, NI.
08:01:42 <robertl_> hi sl-yairspi
08:01:43 <aarow_> Hi sl-yairspi!
08:01:48 <sonn> Hi
08:01:50 <antonella> hi !
08:01:53 <sl-yairspi> Hi
08:02:04 <aarow_> So, those were the only items specified on the agenda for this meeting.
08:02:20 <robertl_> I guess new topics are in order
08:02:31 <aarow_> Actually next is supposed to be the next meeting and chair
08:02:38 <sonn> :)
08:02:47 <aarow_> Anyone want to volunteer to chair the next meeting?
08:02:54 <robertl_> well this will be a quick meeting :)
08:02:54 <aarow_> Or maybe we should schedule it first
08:02:58 <sonn> I can do it
08:03:04 <sonn> for the first time
08:03:17 <robertl_> sold to sonn, thanks
08:03:33 <ghada> this was a short meeting...
08:03:35 <aarow_> Oh, good
08:03:41 <sonn> yes it is
08:03:46 <aarow_> How about Wed September 7 for the next one?
08:03:51 <aarow_> 0800 UTC again?
08:04:03 <antonella> ok !!
08:04:12 <sonn> fine for me
08:04:19 <sl-yairspi> sounds good
08:04:21 <ghada> let me see what that will be sydney time
08:04:32 <aarow_> #topic Next meeting and chair
08:04:49 <aarow_> should be the same as this one, unless daylight saving kicks in
08:05:11 <aarow_> let me get the world time dealie for this...
08:05:41 <aarow_> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160907T08&p1=1440
08:05:50 <aarow_> #agreed sonn volunteered to chair
08:06:10 <aarow_> ghada: That’ll be 6pm in Sydney
08:06:24 <ghada> yep, that works for me.
08:06:42 <aarow_> #agreed Wed 7 Sept, 0800 UTC for the next meeting: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160907T08&p1=1440
08:06:46 <aarow_> okay, last topic
08:06:55 <aarow_> #topic: Any other business?
08:07:04 <aarow_> Anyone have anything else they want to discuss?
08:07:13 <robertl_> Minor security releases next week
08:07:19 <robertl_> It isn't long after the last minor release but a few secuirty bugs have surfaced and so we plan to do another release early next week - so if you know of things that need fixing get them in now :)
08:07:22 <sonn> yeah
08:07:43 <aarow_> #info We’re planning to do another security release early next week
08:08:13 <aarow_> Any others?
08:08:19 <ghada> behat tests?
08:08:28 <ghada> i'm really struggling with the instructions in the wiki
08:08:44 <aarow_> Oh, which part?
08:08:45 <ghada> can someone do a step by step instructions on how to set them up?
08:08:51 <robertl_> ghada, did you get the updated Firefox?
08:09:38 <aarow_> this page? https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Testing/Behat_Testing/Setup
08:10:52 <sonn> I have a docker image for behat testing
08:11:14 <sonn> I will add it to wiki page
08:11:23 <aarow_> You still there, ghada?
08:12:16 <ghada> yes, but still having a lot of issues
08:12:16 <ghada> i tried to update the wiki as I went along with issues i found
08:12:17 <ghada> for example, permissions were a big thing
08:12:17 <ghada> do you guys run them on a headless vm?
08:12:17 <ghada> if i could get my environment set up, i'd like to introduce behat tests to the patches i submit
08:12:18 <ghada> maybe you can document that. i don't mind using docker
08:12:18 <ghada> just anything that works.
08:12:19 <ghada> hi aaorw_: yes...
08:12:51 <aarow_> Oh, maybe I was having a network hiccup, I just now saw all your messages at once
08:13:05 <ghada> no, i think it was me.
08:13:09 <aarow_> I’ve also got some code I was working on to make jenkins run the tests in a Docker image
08:13:25 <aarow_> I should probably make that a bit more portable, and then we could use it for this
08:13:37 <aarow_> I’ll take a look at the wiki tomorrow and see if I can straighten that page out
08:13:47 <aarow_> #action aarow_ to update the Behat Testing setup page
08:13:51 <ghada> thank you aarow_ and sonn
08:14:42 <ghada> that's all i had.
08:15:28 <aarow_> okay, any other topics? :)
08:15:46 <robertl_> SmartEvidence
08:15:46 <robertl_> Work is in progress to get more of the SmartEvidence stuff fleshed out - there are some patches in reviews
08:15:53 <robertl_> https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22Smart+evidence%22
08:15:58 <robertl_> Feel free to test them - but note it is still a work in progress - though I guess I'll need to write some test instructions :)
08:16:13 <robertl_> I guess I should do that tomorrow
08:16:14 <aarow_> #topic: SmartEvidence has a bunch of patches in review: https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22Smart+evidence%22
08:16:29 <aarow_> #info Still in WIP though
08:17:05 <robertl_> It adds a evidence matrix page to a collection that uses smart evidence
08:18:12 <ghada> so that collection shows up in the matrix - is that what you mean?
08:19:14 <robertl_> it adds a 'page' to a collection that displays all the pages on it horizontally and the competencies vertically
08:20:13 <ghada> ah, so the matrix is made up of the pages in the collection
08:20:52 <robertl_> yep - it's a big table with first row the page titles and the first column the competencies
08:21:07 <ghada> it'll be great to get smartevidence into mahara!
08:21:16 <aarow_> yep, finally
08:21:31 <aarow_> Any other topics?
08:21:38 <ghada> nope
08:22:31 <robertl_> do we have any feature freeze like stuff coming up?
08:22:34 <sonn> none from me
08:22:46 * robertl_ sees what the timeline looks like
08:22:51 <aarow_> We are now, in fact, in feature freeze
08:23:45 <aarow_> for the 16.10 release
08:23:59 <robertl_> so release candidate 1 should be out at the end of this month
08:24:17 <aarow_> #topic: Feature freeze for 16.10 is on
08:24:35 <robertl_> wow that has come up quick
08:24:38 <aarow_> #topic 16.10rc1 should be out at the end of this month
08:24:41 <aarow_> yeah, it always does
08:24:43 <aarow_> :)
08:25:05 <aarow_> Okay, If no one has any other topics…
08:25:14 <robertl_> none from me
08:25:54 <aarow_> Then I declare this meeting closed
08:25:57 <aarow_> #endmeeting
\ No newline at end of file
==========================================
#mahara-dev: 55th Mahara developer meeting
==========================================
Meeting started by aarow_ at 07:56:13 UTC. The full logs are available
at mahara-dev/2016/mahara-dev.2016-08-03-07.56.log.html .
Meeting summary
---------------
* sonn is Son Nguyen, Catalyst IT, Wellington, NZ (sonn, 07:56:55)
* robertl_ is Robert Lyon, Catalyst in Wellington, New Zealand
(robertl_, 07:57:05)
* aarow_ is Aaron Wells at Catalyst IT in Wellington, NZ (aarow_,
07:57:06)
* ghada_l is Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT, Sydney, Australia
(ghada, 07:57:07)
* antonella is Antonella De Chiara from France (antonella, 07:58:06)
* From previous meeting: aaronw_ and robertl_ to discuss the details of
how to get a build branch for Mahara releases going to support those
who can't use composer. (aarow_, 07:59:08)
* ACTION: robertl_ and aaronw_ haven’t made progress on it yet
(aarow_, 08:00:34)
* From previous meeting: anitsirk to update the "How to contribute" wiki
section that new features should have the topic set and include
"(feature)". (aarow_, 08:01:05)
* Kristina marked this “done”:
https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Contributing_Code#Submitting_commits_for_review
(aarow_, 08:01:24)
* sl-yairspi is Yair Spielmann, Moodle and Mahara developer, Synergy
Learning, Belfast, NI. (sl-yairspi, 08:01:31)
* Next meeting and chair (aarow_, 08:04:32)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160907T08&p1=1440
(aarow_, 08:05:41)
* AGREED: sonn volunteered to chair (aarow_, 08:05:50)
* AGREED: Wed 7 Sept, 0800 UTC for the next meeting:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160907T08&p1=1440
(aarow_, 08:06:42)
* : Any other business? (aarow_, 08:06:55)
* We’re planning to do another security release early next week
(aarow_, 08:07:43)
* ACTION: aarow_ to update the Behat Testing setup page (aarow_,
08:13:47)
* LINK:
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22Smart+evidence%22
(robertl_, 08:15:53)
* : SmartEvidence has a bunch of patches in review:
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22Smart+evidence%22
(aarow_, 08:16:14)
* Still in WIP though (aarow_, 08:16:29)
* : Feature freeze for 16.10 is on (aarow_, 08:24:17)
* 16.10rc1 should be out at the end of this month (aarow_, 08:24:38)
Meeting ended at 08:25:57 UTC.
Action items, by person
-----------------------
* aarow_
* aarow_ to update the Behat Testing setup page
* robertl_
* robertl_ and aaronw_ haven’t made progress on it yet
People present (lines said)
---------------------------
* aarow_ (57)
* robertl_ (23)
* ghada (22)
* sonn (12)
* antonella (4)
* mahara-meetbot (3)
* sl-yairspi (3)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
\ No newline at end of file
Markdown is supported
0% or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment