Commit cf6638f6 authored by Mahara Bot's avatar Mahara Bot

Meetbot auto-commit

parent 621c5b64
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev: 54th Mahara Developer Meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev: 54th Mahara Developer Meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by anitsirk at 08:01:35 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst in
Wellington</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-6'>anitsirk</a>,
08:01:57)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">I aaronw_ am Aaron Wells of Catalyst IT in
Wellington, New Zealand</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-7'>aaronw_</a>,
08:02:00)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Gregor Pirker, Danube University Krems,
Austria</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-8'>Gregor_P</a>,
08:02:03)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">robertl_ is Robert Lyon, Catalyst in
Wellington, New Zealand</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-9'>robertl_</a>,
08:02:14)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">ghada is Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT in
Sydney, Australia</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-10'>ghada</a>,
08:02:15)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Topics from previous meeting</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-11'>anitsirk</a>, 08:02:40)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">anitsirk to bring up the composer issue for the
SAML work and see if we want to proceed or make changes.</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-12'>anitsirk</a>,
08:02:46)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">IDEA</i>: <span class="IDEA">One possibility
could be to create a build branch for those that can't install via
composer. We already need composer for gulp.</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-18'>anitsirk</a>,
08:05:57)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:SimpleSAML">https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:SimpleSAML</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-21'>anitsirk</a>,
08:06:51)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the new SAML functionality would allow you to
do "make ssphp" and install the SimpleSAMLPHP library via composer
rather than you having to download SimpleSAML and install it
manually.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-28'>anitsirk</a>,
08:09:18)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">last time we discussed that some people aren't
able to pull additional components from the internet if they don't
come in the git branch. so instead of connecting to the regular core
branch that requires the build process, they would connect to the
branch that includes everything pre-built.</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-40'>anitsirk</a>,
08:12:16)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">and have that branch creation automated
:-)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-45'>anitsirk</a>,
08:13:24)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">aaronw_ and
robertl_ to discuss the details of how to get a build branch for
Mahara releases going to support those who can't use
composer.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-55'>anitsirk</a>,
08:19:06)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">+2 for verification for new features</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-57'>anitsirk</a>, 08:19:29)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><i class="itemtype">IDEA</i>: <span class="IDEA">Should we have a
+2 in Gerrit for new features for the verification part so it's more
obvious when something can be merged from the front-end
perspective?</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-64'>anitsirk</a>,
08:22:31)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">IDEA</i>: <span class="IDEA">Instead tag new
features in the topic field with "(feature)" to distinguish them
more easily</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-68'>anitsirk</a>,
08:23:48)</span></li>
<li><i class="itemtype">ACTION</i>: <span class="ACTION">anitsirk to
update the "How to contribute" wiki section that new features should
have the topic set and include "(feature)"</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-80'>anitsirk</a>,
08:29:09)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">PHP dev needed at Mahara HQ</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-86'>anitsirk</a>, 08:31:22)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">We are looking for an experienced PHP dev in
Wellington to work on mahara with us:
https://www.catalyst.net.nz/jobs/php-developer-new-zealand-wellington</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-92'>anitsirk</a>,
08:33:19)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Q&amp;A: Can self-registration be turned off:
Yes, for each institution in the institution settings.</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-123'>anitsirk</a>,
08:40:26)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Q&amp;A: Why is there a "Dwoo" folder in the
maharadata directory? It holds the cached template files. Dwoo
compiles the .tpl files into php files.</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-127'>anitsirk</a>,
08:41:22)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">There will be a new feature in 16.10 that
clears the cache so that old template files don't hang around and
potentially cause trouble when the site loads.</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-131'>anitsirk</a>,
08:42:21)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the Dwoo directory can also be deleted
manually. Mahara will recreate it automatically.</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-140'>anitsirk</a>,
08:44:52)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next meeting and chair</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-143'>anitsirk</a>, 08:45:25)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">The 55th Mahara Developer Meeting will take
place on 3 August 2016 at 8:00 UTC with Aaron Wells as the chair.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160803T08</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-185'>anitsirk</a>,
08:56:41)</span></li>
<li><a
href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160727T08">http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160727T08</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html#l-186'>anitsirk</a>,
08:56:43)</span></li>
</ol>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 08:57:16 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>aaronw_ and robertl_ to discuss the details of how to get a build branch for Mahara releases going to support those who can't use composer.</li>
<li>anitsirk to update the "How to contribute" wiki section that new features should have the topic set and include "(feature)"</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items, by person</h3>
<ol>
<li> aaronw_ <ol>
<li>aaronw_ and robertl_ to discuss the details of how to get a build branch for Mahara releases going to support those who can't use composer.</li>
</ol></li>
<li> anitsirk <ol>
<li>anitsirk to update the "How to contribute" wiki section that new features should have the topic set and include "(feature)"</li>
</ol></li>
<li> robertl_ <ol>
<li>aaronw_ and robertl_ to discuss the details of how to get a build branch for Mahara releases going to support those who can't use composer.</li>
</ol></li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>anitsirk (94)</li>
<li>aaronw_ (34)</li>
<li>ghada (28)</li>
<li>robertl_ (17)</li>
<li>Gregor_P (13)</li>
<li>mahara-meetbot (3)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties#Meetbot_commands">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
==========================================
#mahara-dev: 54th Mahara Developer Meeting
==========================================
Meeting started by anitsirk at 08:01:35 UTC. The full logs are
available at mahara-dev/2016/mahara-dev.2016-06-29-08.01.log.html .
Meeting summary
---------------
* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner from Catalyst in Wellington (anitsirk,
08:01:57)
* I aaronw_ am Aaron Wells of Catalyst IT in Wellington, New Zealand
(aaronw_, 08:02:00)
* Gregor Pirker, Danube University Krems, Austria (Gregor_P, 08:02:03)
* robertl_ is Robert Lyon, Catalyst in Wellington, New Zealand
(robertl_, 08:02:14)
* ghada is Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT in Sydney, Australia
(ghada, 08:02:15)
* Topics from previous meeting (anitsirk, 08:02:40)
* anitsirk to bring up the composer issue for the SAML work and see if
we want to proceed or make changes. (anitsirk, 08:02:46)
* IDEA: One possibility could be to create a build branch for those
that can't install via composer. We already need composer for gulp.
(anitsirk, 08:05:57)
* LINK:
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:SimpleSAML
(anitsirk, 08:06:51)
* the new SAML functionality would allow you to do "make ssphp" and
install the SimpleSAMLPHP library via composer rather than you
having to download SimpleSAML and install it manually. (anitsirk,
08:09:18)
* last time we discussed that some people aren't able to pull
additional components from the internet if they don't come in the
git branch. so instead of connecting to the regular core branch that
requires the build process, they would connect to the branch that
includes everything pre-built. (anitsirk, 08:12:16)
* and have that branch creation automated :-) (anitsirk, 08:13:24)
* ACTION: aaronw_ and robertl_ to discuss the details of how to get a
build branch for Mahara releases going to support those who can't
use composer. (anitsirk, 08:19:06)
* +2 for verification for new features (anitsirk, 08:19:29)
* IDEA: Should we have a +2 in Gerrit for new features for the
verification part so it's more obvious when something can be merged
from the front-end perspective? (anitsirk, 08:22:31)
* IDEA: Instead tag new features in the topic field with "(feature)"
to distinguish them more easily (anitsirk, 08:23:48)
* ACTION: anitsirk to update the "How to contribute" wiki section that
new features should have the topic set and include "(feature)"
(anitsirk, 08:29:09)
* PHP dev needed at Mahara HQ (anitsirk, 08:31:22)
* We are looking for an experienced PHP dev in Wellington to work on
mahara with us:
https://www.catalyst.net.nz/jobs/php-developer-new-zealand-wellington
(anitsirk, 08:33:19)
* Q&A: Can self-registration be turned off: Yes, for each institution
in the institution settings. (anitsirk, 08:40:26)
* Q&A: Why is there a "Dwoo" folder in the maharadata directory? It
holds the cached template files. Dwoo compiles the .tpl files into
php files. (anitsirk, 08:41:22)
* There will be a new feature in 16.10 that clears the cache so that
old template files don't hang around and potentially cause trouble
when the site loads. (anitsirk, 08:42:21)
* the Dwoo directory can also be deleted manually. Mahara will
recreate it automatically. (anitsirk, 08:44:52)
* Next meeting and chair (anitsirk, 08:45:25)
* The 55th Mahara Developer Meeting will take place on 3 August 2016
at 8:00 UTC with Aaron Wells as the chair.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160803T08
(anitsirk, 08:56:41)
* LINK:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160727T08
(anitsirk, 08:56:43)
Meeting ended at 08:57:16 UTC.
Action items, by person
-----------------------
* aaronw_
* aaronw_ and robertl_ to discuss the details of how to get a build
branch for Mahara releases going to support those who can't use
composer.
* anitsirk
* anitsirk to update the "How to contribute" wiki section that new
features should have the topic set and include "(feature)"
* robertl_
* aaronw_ and robertl_ to discuss the details of how to get a build
branch for Mahara releases going to support those who can't use
composer.
People present (lines said)
---------------------------
* anitsirk (94)
* aaronw_ (34)
* ghada (28)
* robertl_ (17)
* Gregor_P (13)
* mahara-meetbot (3)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
\ No newline at end of file
Markdown is supported
0% or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment