Commit d27aac27 authored by Mahara Bot's avatar Mahara Bot

Meetbot auto-commit

parent 65a4f7cc
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
<title>#mahara-dev Meeting</title>
<style type="text/css">
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
body {
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:14px;
}
h1 {
text-align: center;
}
a {
color:navy;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
border-bottom: 0;
color:#0000B9;
}
hr {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
.details {
font-size: 12px;
font-weight:bold;
}
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
.itemtype {
font-style: normal; /* un-italics it */
font-weight: bold;
}
/* Example: change single item types. Capitalized command name.
/* .TOPIC { color:navy; } */
/* .AGREED { color:lime; } */
</style>
</head>
<body>
<h1>#mahara-dev Meeting</h1>
<span class="details">
Meeting started by anzeljg at 21:02:49 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Meeting summary</h3>
<ol>
<li>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst in
Wellington, NZ.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-4'>anitsirk</a>,
21:03:11)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, developer and
translator, POVSOD, Ljubljana, Slovenia</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-8'>anzeljg</a>,
21:03:33)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Gregor_Pirker is Gregor Pirker, Austria Danube
University Krems</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-12'>Gregor_Pirker</a>,
21:03:58)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">ghada_l is Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst,
Australia</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-14'>ghada</a>,
21:04:24)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">cecilia is Cecilia Vela Gurovic from Catalyst,
Wellington</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-16'>cecilia</a>,
21:05:23)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Mahara 17.04 release and new features (Kristina)</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-19'>anzeljg</a>, 21:06:36)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">Mahara 17.04 is coming up in just a short
while. We are planning on releasing in the second half of April
2017.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-22'>anitsirk</a>,
21:07:05)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">We are not quite at the release candidate yet.
It's a bit late this time because we want to get a bunch of cool
features still into this next release. These are:</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-23'>anitsirk</a>,
21:07:41)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Combination of pages and collections
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22merge+p%2526c%22</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-24'>anitsirk</a>,
21:07:58)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">App-style like navigation
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/7416/</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-25'>anitsirk</a>,
21:08:19)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Dmitrii_ is Dmitrii Metelkin from Catalyst,
AU</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-26'>Dmitrii_</a>,
21:08:22)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">LTI integration
https://reviews.mahara.org/7495</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-28'>anitsirk</a>,
21:08:43)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">improved watchlist
https://reviews.mahara.org/6059</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-29'>anitsirk</a>,
21:09:02)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">We are working on the design updates as well in
parallel because Raw and Default need to be updated to the new
Mahara colors.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-31'>anitsirk</a>,
21:09:51)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Cecilia already swapped out the old logo for
the new one and all minor point releases will receive those as
well.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-32'>anitsirk</a>,
21:10:12)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">and Liam found a nice way to choose an
appropriate light or dark logo based on the background color chosen
for the configurable theme.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-33'>anitsirk</a>,
21:10:36)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the LTI integration is going very well.
:-)</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-42'>anitsirk</a>,
21:12:21)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">we have the auth working via LTI and are
starting testing this week with Uni of Canberra and
Instructure.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-44'>anitsirk</a>,
21:12:42)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">we still need to test SAML / LDAP and LTI
together, but so far judging from how well it works with internal
auth, I'm very hopeful.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-46'>anitsirk</a>,
21:13:08)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Since we are moving to the app-style
navigation, i.e. hamburger menues throughout - see
https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/App_style_navigation
we needed to make a new raw theme</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-53'>anitsirk</a>,
21:15:09)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Since this new navigation is quite a departure
from the current themes, we will still provide the old raw theme as
"Old raw" and people who don't want to use the new navigation could
still work with their custom themes and simply base it on the old
raw theme.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-54'>anitsirk</a>,
21:16:03)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">all built-in Mahara themes will be using the
app-style navigation.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-55'>anitsirk</a>,
21:16:17)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">but with a bit of manual updates, the current
16.10 ones could be used and based on the old raw theme.</span>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-56'>anitsirk</a>,
21:16:39)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">pat has also made theme updates and
consolidations are still in review I believe so that theming becomes
easier</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-59'>anitsirk</a>,
21:17:08)</span></li>
<li><a
href="https://reviews.mahara.org/7273">https://reviews.mahara.org/7273</a>
<span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-64'>anitsirk</a>,
21:18:23)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">the above link takes you to the consolidation
patch. This is to make things easier to theme. slight adjustments
from version to version can be expected, but it's certainly not a
re-design as going from 15.04 to 15.10 or later.</span> <span
class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-66'>anitsirk</a>,
21:19:01)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">ghada: it's been tested with canvas and
moodle.</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-99'>anitsirk</a>,
21:29:47)</span></li>
<li><span class="INFO">Robert will present LTI integration at Mahara
Hui in Auckland</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-136'>anzeljg</a>,
21:38:00)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Next meeting and chair</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-142'>anzeljg</a>, 21:40:07)</span>
<ol type="a">
<li><span class="INFO">The 60th Mahara dev meeting will be on
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170427T07
chaired by Kristina</span> <span class="details">(<a
href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-165'>anzeljg</a>,
21:47:30)</span></li>
</ol>
<br></li>
<li><b class="TOPIC">Any other business</b> <span class="details">(<a href='mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html#l-166'>anzeljg</a>, 21:47:53)</span>
</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">
Meeting ended at 21:50:06 UTC
(<a href="mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html">full logs</a>).</span>
<br><br>
<h3>Action items</h3>
<ol>
<li>(none)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<h3>People present (lines said)</h3>
<ol>
<li>anitsirk (76)</li>
<li>anzeljg (48)</li>
<li>ghada (35)</li>
<li>Dmitrii_ (8)</li>
<li>cecilia (6)</li>
<li>Gregor_Pirker (5)</li>
</ol>
<br><br>
<span class="details">Generated by <a href="https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Developer_Meetings/Chair_Duties#Meetbot_commands">MeetBot</a> 0.1.4.</span>
</body></html>
===================
#mahara-dev Meeting
===================
Meeting started by anzeljg at 21:02:49 UTC. The full logs are available
at /tmp/mahara-dev.2017-03-09-21.50.log.html .
Meeting summary
---------------
* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst in Wellington, NZ. (anitsirk,
21:03:11)
* anzeljg is Gregor Anzelj, developer and translator, POVSOD, Ljubljana,
Slovenia (anzeljg, 21:03:33)
* Gregor_Pirker is Gregor Pirker, Austria Danube University Krems
(Gregor_Pirker, 21:03:58)
* ghada_l is Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst, Australia (ghada, 21:04:24)
* cecilia is Cecilia Vela Gurovic from Catalyst, Wellington (cecilia,
21:05:23)
* Mahara 17.04 release and new features (Kristina) (anzeljg, 21:06:36)
* Mahara 17.04 is coming up in just a short while. We are planning on
releasing in the second half of April 2017. (anitsirk, 21:07:05)
* We are not quite at the release candidate yet. It's a bit late this
time because we want to get a bunch of cool features still into this
next release. These are: (anitsirk, 21:07:41)
* Combination of pages and collections
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:master+topic:%22merge+p%2526c%22
(anitsirk, 21:07:58)
* App-style like navigation https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/7416/
(anitsirk, 21:08:19)
* Dmitrii_ is Dmitrii Metelkin from Catalyst, AU (Dmitrii_, 21:08:22)
* LTI integration https://reviews.mahara.org/7495 (anitsirk,
21:08:43)
* improved watchlist https://reviews.mahara.org/6059 (anitsirk,
21:09:02)
* We are working on the design updates as well in parallel because Raw
and Default need to be updated to the new Mahara colors. (anitsirk,
21:09:51)
* Cecilia already swapped out the old logo for the new one and all
minor point releases will receive those as well. (anitsirk,
21:10:12)
* and Liam found a nice way to choose an appropriate light or dark
logo based on the background color chosen for the configurable
theme. (anitsirk, 21:10:36)
* the LTI integration is going very well. :-) (anitsirk, 21:12:21)
* we have the auth working via LTI and are starting testing this week
with Uni of Canberra and Instructure. (anitsirk, 21:12:42)
* we still need to test SAML / LDAP and LTI together, but so far
judging from how well it works with internal auth, I'm very hopeful.
(anitsirk, 21:13:08)
* Since we are moving to the app-style navigation, i.e. hamburger
menues throughout - see
https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/App_style_navigation
we needed to make a new raw theme (anitsirk, 21:15:09)
* Since this new navigation is quite a departure from the current
themes, we will still provide the old raw theme as "Old raw" and
people who don't want to use the new navigation could still work
with their custom themes and simply base it on the old raw theme.
(anitsirk, 21:16:03)
* all built-in Mahara themes will be using the app-style navigation.
(anitsirk, 21:16:17)
* but with a bit of manual updates, the current 16.10 ones could be
used and based on the old raw theme. (anitsirk, 21:16:39)
* pat has also made theme updates and consolidations are still in
review I believe so that theming becomes easier (anitsirk,
21:17:08)
* LINK: https://reviews.mahara.org/7273 (anitsirk, 21:18:23)
* the above link takes you to the consolidation patch. This is to make
things easier to theme. slight adjustments from version to version
can be expected, but it's certainly not a re-design as going from
15.04 to 15.10 or later. (anitsirk, 21:19:01)
* ghada: it's been tested with canvas and moodle. (anitsirk,
21:29:47)
* Robert will present LTI integration at Mahara Hui in Auckland
(anzeljg, 21:38:00)
* Next meeting and chair (anzeljg, 21:40:07)
* The 60th Mahara dev meeting will be on
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170427T07
chaired by Kristina (anzeljg, 21:47:30)
* Any other business (anzeljg, 21:47:53)
Meeting ended at 21:50:06 UTC.
People present (lines said)
---------------------------
* anitsirk (76)
* anzeljg (48)
* ghada (35)
* Dmitrii_ (8)
* cecilia (6)
* Gregor_Pirker (5)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
\ No newline at end of file
This diff is collapsed.
==========================================
#mahara-dev: 60th Mahara Developer Meeting
==========================================
Meeting started by anitsirk at 07:03:03 UTC. The full logs are
available at mahara-dev/2017/mahara-dev.2017-05-04-07.03.log.html .
Meeting summary
---------------
* anitsirk is Kristina Hoeppner, Catalyst in Wellington, NZ. (anitsirk,
07:03:18)
* robertl_ is Robert Lyon, Catalyst in Wellington, New Zealand
(robertl_, 07:03:40)
* cecilia is Cecilia Vela , Catalyst in Wellington, New Zealand
(cecilia, 07:03:52)
* ilya is Ilya Tregubov, Catalyst in Sydney, AU (ilya, 07:03:53)
* elazaness is Eden Lazaness, University of the Arts London, UK.
(elazaness_, 07:04:16)
* Gregor Pirker Danube University Krems, Austria (Gregor_Pirker,
07:07:07)
* UAL is looking into creating plugins for Mahara to add some LMS
functionality to it. (anitsirk, 07:12:29)
* Release of Mahara 17.04 (anitsirk, 07:15:54)
* We released Mahara 17.04 on 27 April 2017. (anitsirk, 07:15:59)
* You can find the release notes at
https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=7926 (anitsirk,
07:17:10)
* ghada is Ghada El-Zoghbi from Catalyst IT, Australia (ghada,
07:18:53)
* From a developer perspective, one of the biggest changes was getting
rid of the old Mochikit JS. (anitsirk, 07:19:16)
* with the release of Mahara 17.04 we are stopping support for Mahara
15.10. it saw the last minor point release on the 26th of April.
(anitsirk, 07:21:43)
* Mahara 15.04 will still be supported until October this year as we
had extended the support. Then we are only supporting Bootstrapped
releases. (anitsirk, 07:22:11)
* The Mahara 17.04 release has both 'new' and 'old' raw themes so one
can choose which to base their theme off. For more info on what to
do when you want to use drop-down menus, please see
https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=7925&post=31879
(I'll also add the info to the user manual). (anitsirk, 07:24:31)
* themes based on "old raw" would need templates changes cherry-picked
(anitsirk, 07:26:52)
* we are not planning on supporting the old raw theme beyond 17.04 and
the idea is to remove it for 17.10. we wanted to allow people to
have a transition period though, hence why we kept it for 17.04 as
option. (anitsirk, 07:27:46)
* Big projects for Mahara 17.10 (anitsirk, 07:28:01)
* At Catalyst, we are going to start extending the statistics area in
May for the Advanced Analytics in Mahara project. (anitsirk,
07:28:10)
* LINK: http://aaimproject.com/ (anitsirk, 07:28:11)
* That'll see an increase in statistics - including over time - in the
admin area. (anitsirk, 07:28:14)
* We are also taking on Antonella's / ETICEO's changes to have all
edit screens combined into one to make the jumping between the
individual areas more coherent. (anitsirk, 07:28:44)
* The beginnings are at https://reviews.mahara.org/7453 but Cecilia is
currently working on expanding that. (anitsirk, 07:28:45)
* Another thing will be to look at the UX of the edit content screen
in general and see how we can streamline things there and make them
more intuitive. (anitsirk, 07:28:45)
* And not to forget, we are going to continue our work with
Instructure on investigating the possibilities of extending the LTI
functionality in Mahara to cover things beyond SSO. (anitsirk,
07:28:45)
* ACTION: dajan__ to get in touch with Emily Lenel and Nicolas Thorel
to explain the CAS issues that they are having. (anitsirk,
07:46:11)
* Overview of the object storage functionality (anitsirk, 07:46:50)
* LINK: https://reviews.mahara.org/7676 (anitsirk, 07:46:57)
* Catalyst in Australia is developing a plugin for remote storage. it
takes inspiration from the one it developed for Moodle
https://github.com/catalyst/moodle-tool_objectfs (anitsirk,
07:48:04)
* proof of concept for remote storage is with AWS S3, but it can be
expanded to be used with others, e.g. OpenStack's equivalent.
(anitsirk, 07:50:27)
* the remote storage functionality is meant to replace parts of the
internal storage and is meant for the entire mahara instance. it
does not influence personal external storage like Google Drive etc.
which can be added to Mahara via the cloud plugin. (anitsirk,
08:05:51)
* IDEA: we'd save the zip files to s3, when they need to be
downloaded, they get saved to local disk - then sent to the client
browser (anitsirk, 08:10:21)
* Next meeting and chair (anitsirk, 08:28:03)
* The 61st Mahara developer meeting will take place on 15 June 2017 at
7:00 UTC. Chair will be Robert Lyon.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170615T07&p1=1440
(anitsirk, 08:33:35)
* Any other business? (anitsirk, 08:33:43)
Meeting ended at 08:35:36 UTC.
Action items, by person
-----------------------
* dajan__
* dajan__ to get in touch with Emily Lenel and Nicolas Thorel to
explain the CAS issues that they are having.
People present (lines said)
---------------------------
* anitsirk (131)
* robertl_ (56)
* ghada (49)
* ilya (36)
* dajan__ (13)
* elazaness_ (8)
* cecilia (6)
* Gregor_Pirker (5)
* mahara-meetbot (4)
* dajan (1)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
\ No newline at end of file
Markdown is supported
0% or
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment